BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 31 of 214 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Its you...not uou you dope. LMAO at your holier than thou attitude you moron.

Read the internet, definately not the best Bishop Ireton team. Scary? Really?

Its definitely....not definately...that internet of yours does it have a spelling app? What was the score?? A blowout? Howdid Manhasset do against them? Why are uou stalking ESM and Bishop Ireton anyway weirdo.

Maybe YOU should learn how to spell YOU before YOU criticize others. YOU have it wrong, I want ESM to do well, I think challenging games during the season will get them ready. By the way, Lax Power and Max Preps have information on every lacrosse school in the country.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you JL for all that you do.

WE ARE.....

....PENN STATE?

MARSHALL

OK, that made me laugh. smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree, and some of those listed in Newsday top scorers have coaches that allow stat padding, while others not listed have coaches that pull starters once clock is running. It's called sportsmanship-anyone remember what that is?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree, and some of those listed in Newsday top scorers have coaches that allow stat padding, while others not listed have coaches that pull starters once clock is running. It's called sportsmanship-anyone remember what that is?

On a weak team the "Go to Goal Girl" does not have a choice. When weak teams play each other it is generally the team with the better "ball hog" that wins. Weak teams will never compete for a championship.

On teams with a lot of strong players the "Go to Goal Girl" is a detriment. Even when they score a bunch of goals they usually detract from the overall performance of the team. Scoring goals is (obviously) not the problem, "selfish play" is the issue. The girl who puts her head down and runs to the goal almost every time she touches the ball hurts her team more than she helps the team. Coaches, parents, fans and players who do not understand the game only realize how detrimental the behavior is when it is blatantly obvious at a critical point in the game. Everyone will say "why, why did she shoot the ball?" or "why, why did she try to run through three girls?" or "why, why didn't she pass the ball?" as the other team is sprinting down the field en route to a goal that will tie the game and send it into overtime. The truth is , their selfish play hurts the team throughout the entire game. The selfish player may score 5 goals but her turnovers (including forced, bad and poor shots) nay result in 4 or 5 goals for the other team. Many times if the selfish player wold simply make the right play at the right time not only would her team score more goals, they would give up fewer goals. The net positive as a result of good, smart, unselfish team play will always be much greater then that of selfish play. The best plays are not alway reflected in the scorebook but competent coaches always recognize them.

On my third girl and have been watching girls HS Lax for the better part of 11 years. The selfish "run to goal girl" will score a bunch of goals and look great when playing overmatched opponents. However, that same selfish style of play will work against the team when they play strong competition in a playoff or championship game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On a weak team the "Go to Goal Girl" does not have a choice. When weak teams play each other it is generally the team with the better "ball hog" that wins. Weak teams will never compete for a championship.

On teams with a lot of strong players the "Go to Goal Girl" is a detriment. Even when they score a bunch of goals they usually detract from the overall performance of the team. Scoring goals is (obviously) not the problem, "selfish play" is the issue. The girl who puts her head down and runs to the goal almost every time she touches the ball hurts her team more than she helps the team. Coaches, parents, fans and players who do not understand the game only realize how detrimental the behavior is when it is blatantly obvious at a critical point in the game. Everyone will say "why, why did she shoot the ball?" or "why, why did she try to run through three girls?" or "why, why didn't she pass the ball?" as the other team is sprinting down the field en route to a goal that will tie the game and send it into overtime. The truth is , their selfish play hurts the team throughout the entire game. The selfish player may score 5 goals but her turnovers (including forced, bad and poor shots) nay result in 4 or 5 goals for the other team. Many times if the selfish player wold simply make the right play at the right time not only would her team score more goals, they would give up fewer goals. The net positive as a result of good, smart, unselfish team play will always be much greater then that of selfish play. The best plays are not alway reflected in the scorebook but competent coaches always recognize them.

On my third girl and have been watching girls HS Lax for the better part of 11 years. The selfish "run to goal girl" will score a bunch of goals and look great when playing overmatched opponents. However, that same selfish style of play will work against the team when they play strong competition in a playoff or championship game.

I agree. I've seen it also and you've got it right.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said. Not one of the big time scores will ever win a championship. They are very good players but they have no choice to score all the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very well said.
We have 1 girl on our high school team that does exactly that - head down, run straight to goal. She also gets tons of fouls. The coach loves her.
On the other hand, she's also on our club team and the other players don't let her get away with this and neither does the coach.
The coach should bench these girls. Then they would learn to pass.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% Correct - very simple - the stats are meaningless and don't reflect any of the other equally important actions of other players - ground balls, strong defense, draw control and making smart plays. They only serve to encourage the "go to goal" mentality which inhibits team success.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
every team has these girls. I find a lot of them to be kids whose own parents coached them, it extends past PAL onto all the other teams they play. Even when the game is well out of hand with little time left these players continue to stat pad. Unfortunately, they get a lot of recognition and boxscore praise , so it's just something we've become numb to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
every team has these girls. I find a lot of them to be kids whose own parents coached them, it extends past PAL onto all the other teams they play. Even when the game is well out of hand with little time left these players continue to stat pad. Unfortunately, they get a lot of recognition and boxscore praise , so it's just something we've become numb to.

Ugh, so true. The girl in my district, her parents lived for her stats. She got all sorts of post-season recognition even though she couldn't go to her non-dominant hand, even though she had to have my daughter explain every play to her on repeat, even though she'd ignore coaching. And now she plays in college and the coach moved her to defense. I L'dMAO over that while her parents tried to tell me she likes it better because "there's less pressure." Riiight.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are spot on with this post, and I totally agree. What baffles me, is why so many coaches encourage this type of selfish play. Many times those girls that charge, plow and go to goal even when they have no shot, are the favorites of the coach. It makes no sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa would be better if their coaches had a clue what they were doing

Nothing to do with the coaches. The team is lacking talent.

Underperforming . . . yes. Lack of talent . . . I don't think so. Would love to hear your talent evaluation credentials.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are spot on with this post, and I totally agree. What baffles me, is why so many coaches encourage this type of selfish play. Many times those girls that charge, plow and go to goal even when they have no shot, are the favorites of the coach. It makes no sense.

Because many of the coaches aren't really coaches and simply don't care. They're just padding their teacher's retirement. It's just a job and as long as they do enough to keep the AD happy, they've done their job. The coaches that love the sport and are students of the game have successful teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa would be better if their coaches had a clue what they were doing

Nothing to do with the coaches. The team is lacking talent.

Underperforming . . . yes. Lack of talent . . . I don't think so. Would love to hear your talent evaluation credentials.

Any team that depends on 8th, now 9th grader to carry the load by definition has a lack of talent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Farmingdale lost to Smithtown East by 10, what is up with Farmingdale.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They stink

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL coaches now run the athletic booster clubs. They wont let go and let these HS coaches try and fix what they broke for 5 years like its ok to pass the ball to kids not named Shannon

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa is a very good, young team. My daughter's team played them and I was very impressed with their athleticism and a number of girls who can play lax. My daughter is a senior so I won't see them next year, but I think they're going to be one of the teams to beat. I hope they remain in the power conference. They belong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What the heck is going on at Farmingdale, Macarthur and Plainedge this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any predictions for Gains for Brains games this upcoming Saturday at Cold Spring Harbor? Good lineup of teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stink, Stink and Plainedge best player out for year so that hurts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lynbrook just as bad. They play nobody

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The WH girl is a talent and she has 20 goals and 9 assists in their 4 wins and 13 goals and 1 assist in their 4 losses is that really that out of the ordinary?
I have more of an issue with the NB girl (who I don't know) who scored 17 goals in two games against teams with a combined 1-13 record

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Zero depth. Getting beat up by teams. So much for so called great coaches. Showing that unless they have talent they are just like everyone else

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The WH girl is a talent and she has 20 goals and 9 assists in their 4 wins and 13 goals and 1 assist in their 4 losses is that really that out of the ordinary?
I have more of an issue with the NB girl (who I don't know) who scored 17 goals in two games against teams with a combined 1-13 record

Thanks dad, how long did it take you to find somebody worse than your daughter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is Franklin Ma good this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That girl on West Hampton is one of the best on LI. 16-8 isn't that bad, you parents are just jealous of her. She just adds to the crop of top LI players committed to BC. Wish she was going Terps though:)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Game was 18-6. Scored 8 not 9. Easy games only scores 2 or 3. On my kids travel team. She passes as much as she shoots. Calling BS on this ones

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stink, Stink and Plainedge best player out for year so that hurts.

Don't believe the hype about the coaching. Its always the players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The people that give the awards care nothing about sportsmanship and have no appreciation for totality of what makes a team great which is a balance at every position, not just which player has the most points.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone is a little jealous of the WHB kid. Take your meds dude. You look like a fool.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The people who give the awards are your daughters coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I cant speak to Suffolk but the best teams in Nassau don't have anyone near the top of the stat lead because the best Nassau teams play a team game where the ball is shared especially in blowout wins.

The one girl going to goal only works with terrible coaches playing weak teams. If your team is built around a few players you wont be going far come playoff time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone is a little jealous of the WHB kid. Take your meds dude. You look like a fool.

WH is terrible, irrelevant team...who cares.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lynbrook?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#1 player in the country has 9 goals and 5 assists in a 13 goal win in beginning of the year... anyone?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
18-9 Rocky Point - Kid has 8 goals. Anyone?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The people who give the awards are your daughters coaches.

Exactly - same people who allow the girls to score so many goals in the first place.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Farmingdale coaching is great but talent pool just isn't there this year. MacArthur has talent but coaching has never been there and Plainedge only had one way overhyped senior who is out for season with injury. South Side will be the team to beat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
18-9 Rocky Point - Kid has 8 goals. Anyone?

Apparently they only go after certain kids....North Babylon kid, Westhampton kid and ESM kid. They all scored 8 goals and got ripped apart. Rocky Point kid gets picture and write up in the paper

Like Reply Quote
Page 31 of 214 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard