BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,768
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 206 of 268 1 2 204 205 206 207 208 267 268
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone know where the video of the Bandits vs. Shore 2 Shore OGs brawl at NLF can be found?

No, but I’d love to see that! Bandits being sore losers?

If true, way to represent LI, especially after LI Express atrocity at WSYL that gained national attention. Sad.

“Atrocity” ? Really? You should get help.

Is this a HS thread or little kid club nonsense?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know where the video of the Bandits vs. Shore 2 Shore OGs brawl at NLF can be found?

If true, way to represent LI, especially after LI Express atrocity at WSYL that gained national attention. Sad.

My bad. I didn't realize fighting and bad sportsmanship only pertained to the little kid club table. For some reason I thought it was about the game itself, one for all ages and demographics to enjoy. I'll remember next time, despite the majority of us on LI who prefer to honor the game at all levels.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My bad. I didn't realize fighting and bad sportsmanship only pertained to the little kid club table. For some reason I thought it was about the game itself, one for all ages and demographics to enjoy. I'll remember next time, despite the majority of us on LI who prefer to honor the game at all levels.

Thanks social justice warrior! You sure you can get enough air on that high pulpit you put yourself on? As Sgt Hulka said”lighten up Francis”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was there really a fight between the 2 clubs ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits have always been the worst with attitudes. It all starts from the home to the coach.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 '25 Shock also got in fistfights in NLF. Out of control and embarrassing to witness.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is out. 2 state championships in 7 years and they let him go, ridiculous .. Parents of players that didn't play did some railroad job. The Town is soft, too many people that never were successful in sports trying to live through their kids.
Has to be something else going on there. One poor season and he's out? Parents have that much sway in the hiring and firing of personnel?

Maybe they want someone with lacrosse knowledge and not just a gym teacher

Yeah, he was just a gym teacher! What a misguided statement.

I wish our gym teacher can bring us 2 state titles.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
May be the new AD wants a new face of the program ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
May be the new AD wants a new face of the program ?
Thats BS....why would you need a new face for a program that has been extremely successful under his tutelage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is out. 2 state championships in 7 years and they let him go, ridiculous .. Parents of players that didn't play did some railroad job. The Town is soft, too many people that never were successful in sports trying to live through their kids.
Has to be something else going on there. One poor season and he's out? Parents have that much sway in the hiring and firing of personnel?

Then maybe you should make sure the youth coaches know what they are talking about before they hand the players off to the gym teacher

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Lacrosse awards posted. What an absolute joke. Not one kid outside of the big programs acknowledged. I know for a fact my son was nominated for All Academic, 98+ GPA ,one of the top academic schools in NY yet doesn't get recognized. Typical boys club network won't even look at small programs. Coach of the Year, Garden City, come on. Try coaching a group of less than 20 kids, many never playing before HS and making playoffs. Do that, than maybe I'll give you credit. Bad job Section 8

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then maybe you should make sure the youth coaches know what they are talking about before they hand the players off to the gym teacher

What in the world are you referencing? Your comment is senseless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Lacrosse awards posted. What an absolute joke. Not one kid outside of the big programs acknowledged. I know for a fact my son was nominated for All Academic, 98+ GPA ,one of the top academic schools in NY yet doesn't get recognized. Typical boys club network won't even look at small programs. Coach of the Year, Garden City, come on. Try coaching a group of less than 20 kids, many never playing before HS and making playoffs. Do that, than maybe I'll give you credit. Bad job Section 8

Is your kid as good at lacrosse as he is at school? Kind of disingenuous to say it’s a joke because your son didn’t get rewarded.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m thinking 2022 high school season. Would love to know what people are thinking for top 10 teams on the island for Spring 2022.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How is it that not all counties submitted yet? It's July. ADs/Coaches let news out in Suffolk. Why is SectionXI not listed?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess it helps to have your dad be the coach for getting onto the UA team. The shame is that not all 3 were deserving of a roster spot. Spots were taken from more deserving kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
since js got involved UA is not what it used to be

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess it helps to have your dad be the coach for getting onto the UA team. The shame is that not all 3 were deserving of a roster spot. Spots were taken from more deserving kids.

Like your kid? Give me abreak.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like at least 10+ were clearly better. You know it! Was more than obvious

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everybody knows that these awards and list are politically driven. Having said that most of the kids on the list deserve it. Of course there are another 25 kids who are better players and should have made it. The difference between those who made the list and those who should have made the list is so small that of course the kids from the better programs will make it. That is just the way it is. Unfortunately there are not enough spots to award every deserving kid. When it is all said and done it does not matter. The kids that deserve to be on the list that did not make it will have great college careers just as those who made the list. Trust me it seems like a big deal now but in another year it is not going to matter at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a thought .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you talking about the 22/23 UA team or the 24 Command Legacy/UA team? Have 12-13 from the program. Joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you talking about the 22/23 UA team or the 24 Command Legacy/UA team? Have 12-13 from the program. Joke.

Know what you mean but the numbers aren’t that far fetched. Very few Wolfpack tried out. Taz has about 8 legit Allstars. With few 91 kids trying out, then that 8 kids legitimately becomes 10-12 kids. Throw in the top 5 express kids and that leaves maybe room for 3-4 kids from other misc teams. Makes sense to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the 22/23 team is a lot different than I would have imagined. A lot of top level players missing and some questionable choices to say the least.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USA awards are kind of silly. It's basically 25 different all region/sub region awards. I don't know how many of the 50+ "All Americans" from Illinois, Michigan, and Ohio would even start at your average LI high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

based on your answer I am going to guess you are around 14-15 years old and feel slighted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

based on your answer I am going to guess you are around 14-15 years old and feel slighted.

Lol, no. Now let me guess. Based on your remark, you are a dad who's kid always gets picked for things he doesn't deserve because of your connections. Can't wait to see him flop on his face in college when nobody cares who his daddy is!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of the big 3 clubs on LI have 8 legit Allstars. 12-13 players from both of their 2 teams is ridiculous. Period. That is why UA is not the event it used to be. Just another overpriced event that has become political. That’s why only under 50 kids tried out across 3 tryout teams and they had to call kids to come down because they were short. Quality of kids were good as a group but not the numbers given people know it’s political and has lost its luster over the years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol, no. Now let me guess. Based on your remark, you are a dad who's kid always gets picked for things he doesn't deserve because of your connections. Can't wait to see him flop on his face in college when nobody cares who his daddy is!

Wishful thinking. Keep believing your lad was snubbed. Truth is….just not that good.LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my son didn't bother to try out. JS coaching and his kid in the same position.. no need to waste my money.. Not saying my son is better than his, just that there was zero chance...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wishful thinking. Keep believing your lad was snubbed. Truth is….just not that good.LOL

LOL, You are a funny one! Hope your son isn't as bad at lacrosse as you are at humor. You can't actually believe that all three of the coaches sons were good enough to make that team over other! KoolAid drinker!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents have smartened up when it comes to LI UA. Less than 80 kids showed up because they know the favoritism waters down the team year after year. The team is never successful because the coaches pick favors based on coaches high school and club affiliates. This years roster is no different and the results will reflect it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL, you should let daddy’s little prince down easy, let him know now that he’s an average to below average player, he’s in for a whole bunch of heartbreak once daddy isn’t there to pay him on the bottom and tell him how he got snubbed!! LOL!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL, you should let daddy’s little prince down easy, let him know now that he’s an average to below average player, he’s in for a whole bunch of heartbreak once daddy isn’t there to pay him on the bottom and tell him how he got snubbed!! LOL!

Ummm… the other two?? Sad to live in your brother’s shadow, especially when dad enables it. Taking spots from better qualified players and setting the kids up for mental issues

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JS is the king of gaming events like this and other showcases. It is so cringeworthy that he can’t go to any of these things (showcases/UA,etc) and not coach his sons’ teams. And then jam them on the “all star” teams for the events ... when they are often just average/invisible out there (except that JS makes sure they are always on the field).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ummm… the other two?? Sad to live in your brother’s shadow, especially when dad enables it. Taking spots from better qualified players and setting the kids up for mental issues

You don’t really think I’m a coach addressing you on here do you? Dude, accept your kids limitations, stop thinking everything is everyone else’s fault. Helicopter parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don’t really think I’m a coach addressing you on here do you? Dude, accept your kids limitations, stop thinking everything is everyone else’s fault. Helicopter parent.

Easy dude, my kid made the team…and I want them to win. Some great kids were chosen, including my son. Others I have to smh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They need to take travel coaches out of the evaluation process. Players know going in that there chances are slim to none if coaches like JS are involved. Not disparaging his coaching at all, but teams tend to be chosen ahead of time ( think warrior games a couple of years ago). My son was on that team and as parents going in, we knew our kids would make the team. Why do you think less and less players try out for events like Under Armor every year. They have become a waste of time and money. Evaluations should be made by a group of Long Island HS coaches rotating every year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They need to take travel coaches out of the evaluation process. Players know going in that there chances are slim to none if coaches like JS are involved. Not disparaging his coaching at all, but teams tend to be chosen ahead of time ( think warrior games a couple of years ago). My son was on that team and as parents going in, we knew our kids would make the team. Why do you think less and less players try out for events like Under Armor every year. They have become a waste of time and money. Evaluations should be made by a group of Long Island HS coaches rotating every year.

It was a buy one get two free sale for him

Like Reply Quote
Page 206 of 268 1 2 204 205 206 207 208 267 268
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard