BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Girls 2025 - 4th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly... talent level across the board was excellent - these kids may end up teammates in 8 years, but all people do is whine. Can't see the forest for the trees.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow, I guess they don't teach winning with grace or any semblance of humility down there in MD. Act like you've been there before. YJ will be back and these same girls and teams will be playing each other for years to come so show some class. You never know how quickly the show can go to the other foot.

Show some class? Coming from a YJ parent that is laughable. What was the score in this week's 4th-grade tournament? 20-1 and 20-2? Could you run up the score more? These girls are in 4th grade!! You sure showed us what class was. And how your coach has none. You should be embarrassed. Truly a disgrace.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, I guess they don't teach winning with grace or any semblance of humility down there in MD. Act like you've been there before. YJ will be back and these same girls and teams will be playing each other for years to come so show some class. You never know how quickly the show can go to the other foot.

Show some class? Coming from a YJ parent that is laughable. What was the score in this week's 4th-grade tournament? 20-1 and 20-2? Could you run up the score more? These girls are in 4th grade!! You sure showed us what class was. And how your coach has none. You should be embarrassed. Truly a disgrace.

Look, the scores could have been 100-0. We had no choice but to attend this crappy tourny because of the 91 connection. Trust me when I tell you this team would have much rather been at LFTC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's JS mentality. Ask him how Crush and Lizards are doing lately? He should remember how the team lost to a real team last weekend. And he wonders why people hate him!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Important to remember that, regardless of our childrens' age, we need to help guide them through the various stages in their lives to eventually be highly functioning and mature adults. These games may seem so important now, but how does our actions prepare them for when their older, having children, working, and making important life decisions? Our kids watch and learn from us. They learn to yell at people instead of discussing. They'll learn to blame others for their failures (refs, coaches, other players, teachers, etc.) rather than taking ownership. They learn to take short cuts or sacrifice important long term goals for a "win". We should remember why we have our kids in sports. Rest assured, most of us will not say, "In order to rub a loss in the opponents face." or "So that we can prove Maryland has better players." or "Because winning is the only thing that matters." What is important? Why subject children to hours of practice over many years? Let's consider the following goals for sports: 1. To develop social skills and team work; 2. To learn personal responsibility; 3. To understand the importance of perseverance; 4. To improve one's health; 5. To learn how to deal with adversity; 6. To love the journey; 7. To see the benefits of how work.

There is nothing about "winning". Winning is short term. Focusing on the win detracts from our true goals as loving parents and caring coaches. These are our children--future leaders, health care workers, parents, police officers, etc. Winning is not quitting. Winning is learning. Winning is becoming a strong, caring, intelligent individual that learns to succeed despite any obstacles that may come. You must understand that focusing on becoming a winner only creates a loser mentality. My kid understands that she never loses, just keeps learning better ways to perform. My kid is told that "failure" is not bad when you've found a way to overcome. I tell my daughter that winners are those that don't quit. No matter what you're faced with, you keep trying and learning. When you quit trying, you lose. I liken it to being an entrepreneur or scientist, it takes many thousands of "failures" (e.g. learning opportunities) before you succeed.

Let's be a supportive community of mature adults and help all of our children reach their goals. It is not about us.

Says the loser! You wouldn't be writing this book if your kid won the championship. Sports is about winning. If you want to be the best you find a way to do that.

You're an a**hole. There is so much more to sports than winning. Go take your daughter to an individual sport if that's how you feel. No-one wants that [lacrosse] attitude on a team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it would be weird if I couldn't show up for work one day and sent my wife to do my job...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it would be weird if I couldn't show up for work one day and sent my wife to do my job...

For 2 years! If you think Daddy ball is bad, Mommy ball is worse. The whole team revolves around 1 player who is not even close to the best!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are her qualifications/background as a player/coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's JS mentality. Ask him how Crush and Lizards are doing lately? He should remember how the team lost to a real team last weekend. And he wonders why people hate him!

Who hates him?! I like the guy. If you say you hate him, you don't know him. Your kid probably didn't make one of his teams and you're bent about that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For 2 years! If you think Daddy ball is bad, Mommy ball is worse. The whole team revolves around 1 player who is not even close to the best!

I still don't understand how they allow the goalie to not show up for touneys because she chooses, scratch that, her DAD chooses to let her play for JS 91 boys team??????

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Truly a disgrace? Are you for real? The Yj2025 team passed the ball 90 times before going to the cage. It started to look like a practice versus an actual game. Girls could have run that score up a 10000 to 0. It's an hour long game and at some point someone has to shoot! What would you have liked them to do? The team was obviously playing in the wrong tournament. I get that you're disappointed over the score, but if you can't see the effort they put in NOT to run the score up you're nuts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having been around the block a few years with the travel game, 2025 YJ parents it is way to early to get involved with this BS on your team. I have seen your team play and it is a very talented bunch. I hear that your practices are intense and have great instruction. Don't feed the trolls on this thread. 90% on the time it is outside the team pot stirrers. This is going to be a very good team for years to come. Sit back and enjoy it. Leave the goalie alone, she is a very nice kid. If you are on the team and you are unhappy say something or tryout for the Suffolk County All-Stars (That was a joke.) Count your blessings your daughter is talented enough to make the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Truly a disgrace? Are you for real? The Yj2025 team passed the ball 90 times before going to the cage. It started to look like a practice versus an actual game. Girls could have run that score up a 10000 to 0. It's an hour long game and at some point someone has to shoot! What would you have liked them to do? The team was obviously playing in the wrong tournament. I get that you're disappointed over the score, but if you can't see the effort they put in NOT to run the score up you're nuts.

Your can spin it anyway you want. Disgusting is what it is. The f you don't want to score you don't shoot. Doesn't take a brain surgeon, yeah dope!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I still don't understand how they allow the goalie to not show up for touneys because she chooses, scratch that, her DAD chooses to let her play for JS 91 boys team??????

Allow what? The YJ team has another good goalie. The other is off the team I hear and just on 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your can spin it anyway you want. Disgusting is what it is. The f you don't want to score you don't shoot. Doesn't take a brain surgeon, yeah dope!

Or maybe you al just need to practice more so you can compete. Dope. Stop making excuses for not being prepared to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having been around the block a few years with the travel game, 2025 YJ parents it is way to early to get involved with this BS on your team. I have seen your team play and it is a very talented bunch. I hear that your practices are intense and have great instruction. Don't feed the trolls on this thread. 90% on the time it is outside the team pot stirrers. This is going to be a very good team for years to come. Sit back and enjoy it. Leave the goalie alone, she is a very nice kid. If you are on the team and you are unhappy say something or tryout for the Suffolk County All-Stars (That was a joke.) Count your blessings your daughter is talented enough to make the team.

Amen

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is what is truly disgusting!, that unless we play up, we have to drive 4-5 hrs to MD to play a competitive game. Already at this age, the teams should not have this much of a significant drop off in talent. So you tell me, is it the coaches/players or both??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or maybe you al just need to practice more so you can compete. Dope. Stop making excuses for not being prepared to play.

Beat your chest now if it makes you feel good. Many of these girls have just started playing, they're 9, and will be running past your daughter in a couple years. Be a little humble, life has a way of catching up. I have 4, and have seen it plenty!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Beat your chest now if it makes you feel good. Many of these girls have just started playing, they're 9, and will be running past your daughter in a couple years. Be a little humble, life has a way of catching up. I have 4, and have seen it plenty!

It has nothing to do with being humble. It disappointing that these girls are getting attacked when they took it upon themselves to change the number of passes needed (tournament required one pass, these girls were passing a minimum of TEN TIMES + before going to the cage). The coach made them catch AND shoot with their non-dominant hand !!!! If they were such a disgrace, wouldn't they have just taken the one pass and lit up the score?
It is obvious that this team plays on a different level. And I am aware that kids catch up sometimes, yes. In the meantime, what would should they do? Thats not meant as a dig, but last weekends tournament was the perfect example. Everyone attacks the winner, the girls, the coach. These girls work HARD. To attack them ... thats disgraceful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

bitter much?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok dad, your daughter is now at a different level because she beat a PAL level team? First it was 90 passes, next it's 10? You do remember you lost the week before, so easy there!! Pathetic ksbn9a

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a parent on the YJ A team, but don't understand why other teams on here are complaining. Girls only get better by playing better competition, no? Seems like YJ A got the raw end of the deal in this tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

bitter much?

Just some quick words for you 2025 parents... my kids have been through this and are much older. Be humble. Even if your kid is the top kid on team right now, that will change. Other will surpass her and others will join the team down the road and will be better. Maybe 6-8 kids will finish with the team by the time all is said and done senior year. This is also an encouraging message to the bottom of the roster kids and second teasers as many of those kids will leapfrog many of the current roster kids. Put your egos in check because you never know where this journey will take you, especially at this very young age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

bitter much?

Just some quick words for you 2025 parents... my kids have been through this and are much older. Be humble. Even if your kid is the top kid on team right now, that will change. Other will surpass her and others will join the team down the road and will be better. Maybe 6-8 kids will finish with the team by the time all is said and done senior year. This is also an encouraging message to the bottom of the roster kids and second teasers as many of those kids will leapfrog many of the current roster kids. Put your egos in check because you never know where this journey will take you, especially at this very young age.

Why are you on this thread if you have older kids ? Weird.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

bitter much?

Same here, great advice! I have 2 older ones and have been through so many ups and downs with my kids, who both work very hard and are outstanding players, but we have had PLENTY of setbacks along the way. And yes I said we because as parents we play a critical role in how our kids develop. Being humble is key.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard