BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 44 1 2 3 4 5 43 44
Re: Girls 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
what kind of requirements are bigger stronger faster?? how about skilled !!! good lax IQ !! field vision !! You sound like most of the start up girls from boys programs ...girls lax and boys lax are two different games

Yes, short pint was once able to weave and dodge and score lots of goals but unfortunately those days are numbered I don't care how skilled they are at some point the bigger stronger girls pass them by which has already started to happen. Would guarantee that anyone new coming to YJA wont be on the smaller side.

Funny always hear that nonsense. Year after year. Would you like to look at some of the best D1 attackers? Many of the best are not very big ... Megan Whittle, Selena Lasota, Aly Messinger etc. So yes quickness, skill and IQ still matter. In fact you should do yourself a favor and check out a girl from upstate NY who is heading to Florida. I think she might not even be 4'8" and she is awesome. Would likely make your daughter look silly.

Keep dreaming...... Do yourself a favor and look at the rosters for the top D1 programs. There are no 4.8' girls but I'm sure you might have the next mini prodigy on your hands!

Not my kid. Saw her at Lake Placid tournament. She is outstanding and heading to the University of Florida. I'm sure she is three times the player your daughter is. Mine is committed to a top ten program and also i'm sure is 3 times the player your kid is. So rather than chirping, how about recognizing the amazing accomplishment it is for a girl that size to make it where she has. If she had listened to people like you, she would have never gotten there. So when you see her on the Florida roster, I expect you will come on here and apologize for being the uninformed jerk that u appear to be.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZL_Afl11Cs

They are inspirational. And should be respected for their determination and love for this great sport.

I hear West Genesee is pretty good btw.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what kind of requirements are bigger stronger faster?? how about skilled !!! good lax IQ !! field vision !! You sound like most of the start up girls from boys programs ...girls lax and boys lax are two different games

Yes, short pint was once able to weave and dodge and score lots of goals but unfortunately those days are numbered I don't care how skilled they are at some point the bigger stronger girls pass them by which has already started to happen. Would guarantee that anyone new coming to YJA wont be on the smaller side.

Funny always hear that nonsense. Year after year. Would you like to look at some of the best D1 attackers? Many of the best are not very big ... Megan Whittle, Selena Lasota, Aly Messinger etc. So yes quickness, skill and IQ still matter. In fact you should do yourself a favor and check out a girl from upstate NY who is heading to Florida. I think she might not even be 4'8" and she is awesome. Would likely make your daughter look silly.

Keep dreaming...... Do yourself a favor and look at the rosters for the top D1 programs. There are no 4.8' girls but I'm sure you might have the next mini prodigy on your hands!

Not my kid. Saw her at Lake Placid tournament. She is outstanding and heading to the University of Florida. I'm sure she is three times the player your daughter is. Mine is committed to a top ten program and also i'm sure is 3 times the player your kid is. So rather than chirping, how about recognizing the amazing accomplishment it is for a girl that size to make it where she has. If she had listened to people like you, she would have never gotten there. So when you see her on the Florida roster, I expect you will come on here and apologize for being the uninformed jerk that u appear to be.

If size is not an advantage then why should we recognize what an accomplishment it is for a girl "that size". Seems to me that you think it's more of a handicap than the original idiot .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If size is not an advantage then why should we recognize what an accomplishment it is for a girl "that size". Seems to me that you think it's more of a handicap than the original idiot .

I do love to see the small kids excell, however youth ball is much different than college ball. Most small girls will ride pine in favor of girls with same skill set, but bigger and more athletic. Do you really think a 5'7" swimmer would have any chance against Phelps, no matter what heart and skill were? And I have one tall, one smaller. Both work equally as hard. Sad to say, but genetics is a curse or gift.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people do realize your talking about 13 yr olds ??? The 4ft11 can end up 5ft8 and the 5ft 5 stay the same ? What a stupid conversation ..at 13yrs old skill , speed, lax iq ..are the only important characteristics ...maybe next link will be related to weight ? Just dumb ..

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SS is the best women's lacrosse player that LI has produced. I don't think she is more than 5'3"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SS is the best women's lacrosse player that LI has produced. I don't think she is more than 5'3"

5.6" if you really care

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people do realize your talking about 13 yr olds ??? The 4ft11 can end up 5ft8 and the 5ft 5 stay the same ? What a stupid conversation ..at 13yrs old skill , speed, lax iq ..are the only important characteristics ...maybe next link will be related to weight ? Just dumb ..

I'm sure you are just trying to make a point but you do realize that's it's highly unlikely that a 13yr old girl will grow 9". Probably closer to 1" unless they are a very late bloomer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tanner stage 4 usually occurs at age 13 ( start of period) girls grow an average of 2.8 inches for next year or two and reach full height on average by 15 yrs old ..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do love to see the small kids excell, however youth ball is much different than college ball. Most small girls will ride pine in favor of girls with same skill set, but bigger and more athletic. Do you really think a 5'7" swimmer would have any chance against Phelps, no matter what heart and skill were? And I have one tall, one smaller. Both work equally as hard. Sad to say, but genetics is a curse or gift.[/quote]

That wasn't the point. Yes, all things being equal, size is a help. But in D1 lax, there is still a place for smaller quicker girls as well. You were just given several examples of superstars that are 5'4". Certainly not tiny, but definitely not "tall" either. Lax is not swimming. And, on average, the taller girls are less coordinated and have weaker stick skills. Katrina Dowd is yet another example of a small, great attacker. Lindsey Munday?? And before you say the game is different when they played, they were both recently on the national team. So while size is certainly a help, and makes up for other deficiencies, there is still ample room for skilled, smart, quick athletes in women's lacrosse. These r just facts.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madison Cyr, Penn State ... 5'3"
Megan Whittle, Maryland ... 5'4"
Selena Lasota, NU ... 5'4"
Aly Messinger, UNC ... 5'4"
Halle Majorana, Syr ... 5'4"
Sammy Jo Tracy UNC ... 5'4"
Kylie Ohlmiller SB ... 5'3"
Sammi Burgess Florida ... 5'3"

These women were all on the first and second team IWLCA all-american teams as attackers. They are 8 of the 14 attackers on these two teams. You guys really need to educate yourselves. The smaller, quick kids with great stick skills and high IQ definitely can play at the highest levels. In fact a great many of them dominate at the highest levels.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do love to see the small kids excell, however youth ball is much different than college ball. Most small girls will ride pine in favor of girls with same skill set, but bigger and more athletic. Do you really think a 5'7" swimmer would have any chance against Phelps, no matter what heart and skill were? And I have one tall, one smaller. Both work equally as hard. Sad to say, but genetics is a curse or gift.

That wasn't the point. Yes, all things being equal, size is a help. But in D1 lax, there is still a place for smaller quicker girls as well. You were just given several examples of superstars that are 5'4". Certainly not tiny, but definitely not "tall" either. Lax is not swimming. And, on average, the taller girls are less coordinated and have weaker stick skills. Katrina Dowd is yet another example of a small, great attacker. Lindsey Munday?? And before you say the game is different when they played, they were both recently on the national team. So while size is certainly a help, and makes up for other deficiencies, there is still ample room for skilled, smart, quick athletes in women's lacrosse. These r just facts. [/quote]

Jospeph Schooling is 6' 163 lbs. Phelps is 6'4 193lbs. schooling beat Phelps by over a half a second

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was merely suggested that YJ start recruiting/developing some of the larger girls to combat the so called older MD girls. If it's not about the size of the player stop your whining that you lose because they are older hence bigger.

I also don't think anyone would classify 5.4" as short.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madison Cyr, Penn State ... 5'3"
Megan Whittle, Maryland ... 5'4"
Selena Lasota, NU ... 5'4"
Aly Messinger, UNC ... 5'4"
Halle Majorana, Syr ... 5'4"
Sammy Jo Tracy UNC ... 5'4"
Kylie Ohlmiller SB ... 5'3"
Sammi Burgess Florida ... 5'3"

These women were all on the first and second team IWLCA all-american teams as attackers. They are 8 of the 14 attackers on these two teams. You guys really need to educate yourselves. The smaller, quick kids with great stick skills and high IQ definitely can play at the highest levels. In fact a great many of them dominate at the highest levels.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was merely suggested that YJ start recruiting/developing some of the larger girls to combat the so called older MD girls. If it's not about the size of the player stop your whining that you lose because they are older hence bigger.

I also don't think anyone would classify 5.4" as short.

5'4" is short. The girl better be super fast, and unusually skilled to survive in D1 Lax

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have seen a number of posts regarding developing talent over recruiting talent. What are the numbers on the top teams ? How many of the original players ( been playing since 4th grade )are still playing for their team. M&D,YJ,Skywalkers,Hero's

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have seen a number of posts regarding developing talent over recruiting talent. What are the numbers on the top teams ? How many of the original players ( been playing since 4th grade )are still playing for their team. M&D,YJ,Skywalkers,Hero's

YJ typically churns 4 each year so by that close to half could be original.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D didn't start until 5th grad when the 2021's started. Half the current team is original girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top clubs B teams really are weak. Part of the reason for tryouts is to build up the talent on the second tier teams. M&D red, Skywalkers white, and TLC white the past two seasons were nothing more than glorified (and poor) rec teams. The talent pool is very diluted in MD after the top 5 A teams.

We are already seeing a welcomed reduction in teams at the 2021 level. Girls that are not A players should absolutely have the ability to learn and have fun playing the game, but not at club costs. Th we are girls (and boys for that part) should be back in the MYLA being developed at $125 a season...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top clubs B teams really are weak. Part of the reason for tryouts is to build up the talent on the second tier teams. M&D red, Skywalkers white, and TLC white the past two seasons were nothing more than glorified (and poor) rec teams. The talent pool is very diluted in MD after the top 5 A teams.

We are already seeing a welcomed reduction in teams at the 2021 level. Girls that are not A players should absolutely have the ability to learn and have fun playing the game, but not at club costs. Th we are girls (and boys for that part) should be back in the MYLA being developed at $125 a season...

No different on LI in fact some clubs struggled to fill rosters for their B teams and basically took anyone that was willing to write the check.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, but their M&D car magnet doesn't say M&D Red!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, but their M&D car magnet doesn't say M&D Red!!

Does YJ give out different bumper stickers for the 2,3,4,5 and 6th teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of TG, TE and Liberty which do you think has the potential to come out on top and rival YJA next summer?

We got to play all three this summer at Hofstra and I have to say they are all very good and seemed to be evenly matched.

Anyone care to hare their experience this summer specifically coaching, team chemistry, quality of practices?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your guarantee is way off. The best prospect to potentially make the team (by far) is a shorter, smaller player. A constant pressure on these threads is coming from a parent of a larger, stronger kid.You have been trying to make your point over and over that this team needs your bigger, stronger daughter. Gets embarrassing at some point. Bigger, stronger is great except the player still needs speed, IQ, skill etc... I have not seen that player out there. Now if a player is taller, stronger and can dominate the draw circle, that is a skill much needed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your guarantee is way off. The best prospect to potentially make the team (by far) is a shorter, smaller player. A constant pressure on these threads is coming from a parent of a larger, stronger kid.You have been trying to make your point over and over that this team needs your bigger, stronger daughter. Gets embarrassing at some point. Bigger, stronger is great except the player still needs speed, IQ, skill etc... I have not seen that player out there. Now if a player is taller, stronger and can dominate the draw circle, that is a skill much needed.

You are obviously very insecure about your daughters size and need to convince everyone that she makes up for it with her genius lacrosse IQ! I repeat and guarantee that the three to four new additions that have already been identified will be physically bigger and stronger and will replace some of the smaller weaker girls that can't get it done anymore. Oh and don't worry, they have the necessary speed, stick skills and lacrosse IQ to compete at the highest level. You are delusional if you think there's only one other girl on LI worthy of the YJA team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not my daughter but what do you mean by bigger ? You referring to weight ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you know so much, enlighten us?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone believe there won't be any changes to YJA? Based on my observation this team has slid backwards instead of getting better. Please tell me if I'm off base? Maybe it's not for a lack of talent but clearly all cylinders aren't firing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
According to the bigger comment there might be a scale and a weigh in !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are obviously very insecure about your daughters size and need to convince everyone that she makes up for it with her genius lacrosse IQ! I repeat and guarantee that the three to four new additions that have already been identified will be physically bigger and stronger and will replace some of the smaller weaker girls that can't get it done anymore. Oh and don't worry, they have the necessary speed, stick skills and lacrosse IQ to compete at the highest level. You are delusional if you think there's only one other girl on LI worthy of the YJA team.

Yeah, like you are some talent assessment guru. Likely you are insecure about the fact that ur darling amazon can't stop tripping over her own feet and has hands like stone. "Hey but she's big and tall and I look at D1 rosters and there's a lot of tall girls." And despite the fact that she can't see the open player and doesn't slide fast enough on D and gets charging calls 4 times a game, you still think she's the one. After all, she's just huge.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's funny! At least the smaller connected kids that don't make weight will be safe and will just get moved to defense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone believe there won't be any changes to YJA? Based on my observation this team has slid backwards instead of getting better. Please tell me if I'm off base? Maybe it's not for a lack of talent but clearly all cylinders aren't firing.

I don't know if they have slid backwards as much as the MD teams have gotten better. M&D added talent to an already good team and SKywalkers was much better this year than the year prior. No embarrassment losing to those teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's funny! At least the smaller connected kids that don't make weight will be safe and will just get moved to defense.

The reality is, they have plenty of kids that can score. If they do replace anyone those kids will be, at best, on the circle but probably just playing defense. Especially if they are bigger and stronger.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big, strong girl parent at it again, it IS embarrassing. Seriously do your daughter a favor, lay off the big and strong crap. Let her make her own statement if she makes the team. You are doing her a disservice and drawing unwanted attention. Let the coaches and directors figure out what the team needs are, you certainly have no idea. Let the process play out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The reality is, they have plenty of kids that can score. If they do replace anyone those kids will be, at best, on the circle but probably just playing defense. Especially if they are bigger and stronger.

The top 3 defenders could be starting midfielders on any team including this one, they are putting team first.So take it easy on the defenders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top 3 defenders could be starting midfielders on any team including this one, they are putting team first.So take it easy on the defenders.

I'm sure your fellow parent didn't mean those three, he meant the rest, take it easy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe they should go back to midfield because the defense on this team stinks. Next to not being able to win a draw the defense is the weakest link.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe they should go back to midfield because the defense on this team stinks. Next to not being able to win a draw the defense is the weakest link.

This must be a great sideline! Trouble in paradise?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top 3 defenders could be starting midfielders on any team including this one, they are putting team first.So take it easy on the defenders. [/quote]

Maybe they should go back to midfield because the defense on this team stinks. Next to not being able to win a draw the defense is the weakest link. [/quote]

This must be a great sideline! Trouble in paradise? [/quote]
No paradise here, nothing wrong with the players on the team, everything wrong with the chemistry and how a few girls treat the others (the perceived "stars" treat the bottom half of the roster like dirt). Funny someone mentioned draws, because the problems with the draws comes from the most verbally abusive girl on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe they should go back to midfield because the defense on this team stinks. Next to not being able to win a draw the defense is the weakest link. [/quote]

This must be a great sideline! Trouble in paradise? [/quote]
No paradise here, nothing wrong with the players on the team, everything wrong with the chemistry and how a few girls treat the others (the perceived "stars" treat the bottom half of the roster like dirt). Funny someone mentioned draws, because the problems with the draws comes from the most verbally abusive girl on the team. [/quote]

Same thing happened on 20s... girl must have learned it from her father. Now kid not invited out when at tourneys.

Page 3 of 44 1 2 3 4 5 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard