BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,768
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 32 33
Girls 2020 - 9th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It's the start of the Fall 2016/Spring 2017 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2020 - 9th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is this 2020 thread so quiet? What's going on with this age group here on Long Island?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why is this 2020 thread so quiet? What's going on with this age group here on Long Island?

2021 has taken the mantle as the psychotic age group going forward

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha ha now that's funny!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think lots of the unhappy B and C players have started to throw in the towel and the age group will shrink again. Mom and Dad realizing that they have been sold a bill of goods. Their kids don't love it, the parents cant force it and a summer of expensive travel just isn't worth it.

"A" parents are usually quiet until they start jumping up and down about their kids verbal

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, that's a deep theory but I think it was something a bit more simple like the topic thread wasn't activated until yesterday. Look at the number of views vs posts. Would be hard to believe that many people could look yet resist saying something.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, that's a deep theory but I think it was something a bit more simple like the topic thread wasn't activated until yesterday. Look at the number of views vs posts. Would be hard to believe that many people could look yet resist saying something.

Actually, both the 2020 and 2021 threads were made active on 8/8.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have you looked at the 2022's thread? May be the craziest, especially since YJ isn't the best team in that age division on LI there are some teams that beat them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have you looked at the 2022's thread? May be the craziest, especially since YJ isn't the best team in that age division on LI there are some teams that beat them.

Are you sure? I know the 2023 age groups are a weak mess, did not know 2022 had lost to a LI team. Who did they lose to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you sure? I know the 2023 age groups are a weak mess, did not know 2022 had lost to a LI team. Who did they lose to?

Meant 2023... Sorry

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Meant 2023... Sorry

2023-loaded with f&f no need to say anything more

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Why is this 2020 thread so quiet? What's going on with this age group here on Long Island?

Meant 2023... Sorry

CR will fix the 2023 age group. First order of business is to draw the TG girls to her program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Why is this 2020 thread so quiet? What's going on with this age group here on Long Island?

Meant 2023... Sorry

CR will fix the 2023 age group. First order of business is to draw the TG girls to her program.

too late 2023 girls are already leaving and going to TG

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
See what I mean, sorry I brought the crazy 2023's to this thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many in our circle are pulling the plug and not trying out for next year. Anyone else seeing that? Parents realizing kids aren't the strongest and using the entry to HS and all the academic honors stuff as an excuse. It didn't help that we had a very unbalanced summer schedule and their kids weren't played a lot.

Do lots of kids usually drop out as they enter HS?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many in our circle are pulling the plug and not trying out for next year. Anyone else seeing that? Parents realizing kids aren't the strongest and using the entry to HS and all the academic honors stuff as an excuse. It didn't help that we had a very unbalanced summer schedule and their kids weren't played a lot.

Do lots of kids usually drop out as they enter HS?

"all the academic honors stuff as an excuse"

Definitely on point here. Books and stuff are annoying and there's like zero money by way of academics rewards

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's ok..there's plenty ok travel lax Kool-Aid for the rest of us...yum,yum gimme some Mr./Mr.'s director

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tons more choices and money for academics but parents always push sports because it's cooler and most are idiots

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ideally you are looking to get the most for both. Some are great athletes and some are very bright. It's doing well at both for a sustained period of time that's difficult.
If I had to choose I would hope for my kids to be brilliant and could care less if they played lacrosse. Lacrosse is over after your senior year, then who cares how good you WERE.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ideally you are looking to get the most for both. Some are great athletes and some are very bright. It's doing well at both for a sustained period of time that's difficult.
If I had to choose I would hope for my kids to be brilliant and could care less if they played lacrosse. Lacrosse is over after your senior year, then who cares how good you WERE.

amen

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just dropped my oldest off at a ncaa top 20 ranked school and the funny thing is she doesn't even play lacrosse!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would you post that on a lax forum? No one cares.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe you should go back to college ..its I "couldn't care less"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just dropped my oldest off at a ncaa top 20 ranked school and the funny thing is she doesn't even play lacrosse!

99.9 percent of the student body population at these schools don't play lacrosse, what is your point?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe you should go back to college ..its I "couldn't care less"

Maybe you should join them; "its" should be "it's" the contraction of "it is". lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My point was who cares when and what lacrosse school anybody commits to. Eventually most kids commit to some school that will assist their future.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I get it, and I love it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I get it, and I love it!

I guess in the end you picked academics over lacrosse which is the way it should be, but 99% of parents on here will have their kid playing in college even if they play at a school that is beneath them. My older daughter has some friends playing in places and at schools that no one has ever heard of because a coach showed interest from a 1200 kid school with a $50,000 pricetag and a 75 GPA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I get it, and I love it!

I guess in the end you picked academics over lacrosse which is the way it should be, but 99% of parents on here will have their kid playing in college even if they play at a school that is beneath them. My older daughter has some friends playing in places and at schools that no one has ever heard of because a coach showed interest from a 1200 kid school with a $50,000 pricetag and a 75 GPA

And then there are the kids that are using lacrosse to get into better academic schools than most can get into without it (including most great students who are not athletes). The vast majority of great students are still not getting into Ivy leagues, Stanford, Northwestern, Duke etc. So lax can be a great help in getting into amazing academic institutions. And to original poster, I hope it's a top 20 US News Ranked academic school. Now that is something to crow about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is at a top 10 school went there to play lacrosse average student and the byproduct is a great education !!!!

I get it, and I love it! [/quote]

I guess in the end you picked academics over lacrosse which is the way it should be, but 99% of parents on here will have their kid playing in college even if they play at a school that is beneath them. My older daughter has some friends playing in places and at schools that no one has ever heard of because a coach showed interest from a 1200 kid school with a $50,000 pricetag and a 75 GPA [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I get it, and I love it!

And then there are the kids that are using lacrosse to get into better academic schools than most can get into without it (including most great students who are not athletes). The vast majority of great students are still not getting into Ivy leagues, Stanford, Northwestern, Duke etc. So lax can be a great help in getting into amazing academic institutions. And to original poster, I hope it's a top 20 US News Ranked academic school. Now that is something to crow about.

So they "are using lacrosse to get into better academic schools than most can get into without it" - in other words a school they are not qualified to attend based on their academic record. And then you add to that a year-round, full time job (lacrosse) and the travel that goes with it. Sounds like you are setting your daughter up for failure - all to play a sport with minimal prospects for post graduation employment. Put ego aside and make the right choice for the future, you'll feel better about it 10 years from now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

So they "are using lacrosse to get into better academic schools than most can get into without it" - in other words a school they are not qualified to attend based on their academic record. And then you add to that a year-round, full time job (lacrosse) and the travel that goes with it. Sounds like you are setting your daughter up for failure - all to play a sport with minimal prospects for post graduation employment. Put ego aside and make the right choice for the future, you'll feel better about it 10 years from now. [/quote]

Totally agree, these kids that stretch to get into these schools aren't taking engineering or sciences. They are taking basic degrees albeit from a great school. But if your kid wants to be a doctor, nurse, architect or engineer put them in the right school from day one lacrosse be damned you can still be a JV or middle school lacrosse coach. For that all you need is a pulse!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So they "are using lacrosse to get into better academic schools than most can get into without it" - in other words a school they are not qualified to attend based on their academic record. And then you add to that a year-round, full time job (lacrosse) and the travel that goes with it. Sounds like you are setting your daughter up for failure - all to play a sport with minimal prospects for post graduation employment. Put ego aside and make the right choice for the future, you'll feel better about it 10 years from now. [/quote]

Totally agree, these kids that stretch to get into these schools aren't taking engineering or sciences. They are taking basic degrees albeit from a great school. But if your kid wants to be a doctor, nurse, architect or engineer put them in the right school from day one lacrosse be damned you can still be a JV or middle school lacrosse coach. For that all you need is a pulse![/quote]

Not true, but keep telling yourself that. Best player at Stanford is a product design major. Best two-way midfielder at Northwestern is an engineering major. Best two-way midfielder at Notre dame is pre-med. Not to mention the IVY league where tons of kids are balancing tough majors/academics and tough lax. Is it for everyone, no way. But for those who can handle it, it is amazing. And they would be at the top of my pile to hire after school. And just because lax helps these kids get into these schools, it does not mean they r not qualified students. You apparently don't know the statistics relative to "regular" admissions into these schools. A huge number of "qualified" students don't get in. Kids with perfect SAT scores, 4.0 GPAs in honors and AP classes, dozens of impressive extra-curriculars etc. And you know what? If once they get there the lax on top of the academics is overwhelming, they can quit lax and they still get to stay at Harvard, Stanford Duke etc. So keep putting down these girls who work their asses off to get good grades and excel in a sport like lax, all-the-while telling yourself that your kid and your way of thinking is better. And for the record, you don't "put your kid" in a school, they actually have to get in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally agree, these kids that stretch to get into these schools aren't taking engineering or sciences. They are taking basic degrees albeit from a great school. But if your kid wants to be a doctor, nurse, architect or engineer put them in the right school from day one lacrosse be damned you can still be a JV or middle school lacrosse coach. For that all you need is a pulse![/quote]

Why is that so many driven, successful people were collegiate athletes? It's because the drive and determination it takes to become that good at a sport are the same qualities that translate to being successful in many endeavors. It doesn't have to be an either or choice for many. Maybe it does for your kid. For mine, I let them follow their dreams, both academically and athletically. Too bad yours doesn't have your support.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I get it, and I love it!

So they "are using lacrosse to get into better academic schools than most can get into without it" - in other words a school they are not qualified to attend based on their academic record. And then you add to that a year-round, full time job (lacrosse) and the travel that goes with it. Sounds like you are setting your daughter up for failure - all to play a sport with minimal prospects for post graduation employment. Put ego aside and make the right choice for the future, you'll feel better about it 10 years from now.

I guess you haven't gone through the college acceptance process yet. Being from Long Island and a certain demographic if you are not a legacy it is next to impossible to get into some schools specifically the Ivys without something putting you over the top. if someone uses lacrosse to make that happen and set up the rest of their life good for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I get it, and I love it!

You clearly don't understand the statistics. I'm betting you would say a 3.8 GPA in all Honors and AP classes, 1450 on your SATs , president of three clubs, a national science award or two etc would represent someone whose academic record would be fairly qualified to be at just about any school. And the truth is, a student like that would be just fine anywhere in the country, including Stanford, Harvard or Princeton. Yet that profile is an almost certain reject at those schools without an additional "hook" such as sports. So yeah, using lax as a way for a good student to get into a great school does make a lot of sense. Sounds like you don't believe in your daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I made the comment above that included "in other words a school they are not qualified to attend based on their academic record." That's what I thought the previous commenter was implying. Not putting down qualified, driven student athletes who need a little push to get over the hump. I was referring to those who use sports to put themselves in a bad situation academically - in a school they have no business being in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I made the comment above that included "in other words a school they are not qualified to attend based on their academic record." That's what I thought the previous commenter was implying. Not putting down qualified, driven student athletes who need a little push to get over the hump. I was referring to those who use sports to put themselves in a bad situation academically - in a school they have no business being in.

"And then there are the kids that are using lacrosse to get into better academic schools than most can get into without it (including most great students who are not athletes). The vast majority of great students are still not getting into Ivy leagues, Stanford, Northwestern, Duke etc. So lax can be a great help in getting into amazing academic institutions. And to original poster, I hope it's a top 20 US News Ranked academic school. Now that is something to crow about."

this is the post u originally responded to. I don't think it implies what u r stating. Ultimately I think we agree that "fit" is important. You likely don't want your daughter at a place where they r overwhelmed or feel inferior and self-conscious. It is important to consider their abilities and not let the "glamour" of a top academic school blind you to the best fit for them. But for those that can "hack it", using lax as a means to get into otherwise almost impossible schools can really set them up for success in the future.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to the poster that cited the best player on team X is pre med, I agree that the best players can write their own tickets. The top girls on each team that were coveted by every school get more latitude then the girls on the roster outside of the top handful. Look at the rosters overwhelming amount of undecided communications, liberal arts, women's studies etc. My daughter is not a top players but will get D1 money but she was turned down point blank by coaches after she said she wanted to major in engineering. Coaches weren't bending on that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to the poster that cited the best player on team X is pre med, I agree that the best players can write their own tickets. The top girls on each team that were coveted by every school get more latitude then the girls on the roster outside of the top handful. Look at the rosters overwhelming amount of undecided communications, liberal arts, women's studies etc. My daughter is not a top players but will get D1 money but she was turned down point blank by coaches after she said she wanted to major in engineering. Coaches weren't bending on that.

Out of curiosity, were the ones that turned her down for engineering in the Ivy league, Duke, Stanford, Northwestern or schools of that ilk?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And I'm not sure I agree that the best players are the only ones who take tough majors. In fact at the Ivies and other top academic schools, some players are recruited specifically for their grades and academics to balance out some top players that might not be as up to snuff in that area. The Ivies have an index to hit and others have a defacto index of sorts w admissions. I know several examples of girls at these schools who are not top players, who take challenging majors, and were recruited in part (maybe large part) because of their grades.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its posts like this that are just ridiculous. You post some non-sense like its a fact .Do you really think that the coaches are letting the kids they need the most and give the most money to take the most time consuming majors while the kids they give the least money to and need the least are forced to take the easy majors. Does that make any sense to anyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its posts like this that are just ridiculous. You post some non-sense like its a fact .Do you really think that the coaches are letting the kids they need the most and give the most money to take the most time consuming majors while the kids they give the least money to and need the least are forced to take the easy majors. Does that make any sense to anyone.

I think there are certain schools where academics are important as well as lax. At those schools u see some top players take tough majors.By no means is that the norm and definitely very talented all-around kids to be able to handle it. The rest is more the way u describe. Top players taking easier majors and the backups in the tough ones if they so choose.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And I'm not sure I agree that the best players are the only ones who take tough majors. In fact at the Ivies and other top academic schools, some players are recruited specifically for their grades and academics to balance out some top players that might not be as up to snuff in that area. The Ivies have an index to hit and others have a defacto index of sorts w admissions. I know several examples of girls at these schools who are not top players, who take challenging majors, and were recruited in part (maybe large part) because of their grades.

Just like everything there is truth to both. Now the players taken with Great GPA's are there to boost the teams GPA's but some are also told or passed over because they want to utilize the University to be academiclly challenge.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just like everything there is truth to both. Now the players taken with Great GPA's are there to boost the teams GPA's but some are also told or passed over because they want to utilize the University to be academiclly challenge.

I'm sure you are right. But it wasn't our experience at the top academic schools. In fact I don't recall any of them ever pushing back on major interests other than one commenting that the girls on their team taking pre-med (there were 3 i believe in this instance) needed to do labs over the summer and they used this as an example of how you can major in anything, but certain majors are more difficult schedule wise and that they would work w the players to make it work. My daughter committed to a good academic school and the question of her major was not really an issue thru the process. So I wonder if you can point to an instance of someone being passed over because untended major at a top academic school. That would be interesting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ivy league doesn't apply to 99.5 of lax players. Those kids and those schools are special and it will always be academics first

Now you people living in fantasy land that believe coaches at non ivy schools don't push kids into certain majors go look at the National Champs North Carolina Roster- 12 excercise science, 11 undeclared, 10 communications, 1, history, 1 psych, 1 sociology, 1 geography, 1 economics, 1 nursing

Great degree from a great school but it looks like they are there to major in lacrosse and win a national championship which they did

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ivy league doesn't apply to 99.5 of lax players. Those kids and those schools are special and it will always be academics first

Now you people living in fantasy land that believe coaches at non ivy schools don't push kids into certain majors go look at the National Champs North Carolina Roster- 12 excercise science, 11 undeclared, 10 communications, 1, history, 1 psych, 1 sociology, 1 geography, 1 economics, 1 nursing

Great degree from a great school but it looks like they are there to major in lacrosse and win a national championship which they did

No question at UNC. But there are plenty of non-ivy great schools that aren't UNC style lax majors. Duke, Stanford, Northwestern, Johns Hopkins, Notre Dame, Georgetown ... If your kid is good enough @ lax to play at these places, it's a pretty great combination. Key is to be good at lax and focus on grades.

BTW the Ivy League makes up more than .5 % of D1 Lax. There are 8 Ivy League teams out of 111. More like 7%. So it doesn't apply to 93%. But when u add in the schools mentioned above, and other great academic institutions like Vanderbilt, Navy, Davidson, William & Mary, Richmond and more, you start seeing that a meaningful portion of D1 offers kids both great lacrosse and great academics. I think it does these girls a disservice to paint w such a broad brush and to use examples like UNC to say that these girls who have worked hard to get to these institutions are somehow just lax players and nothing else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stanford roster is better but not true to Stanford overall standards and averages-
10 undecided, 5 human body, 4 engineering, 3 poly sci, 2 history, 2 anthropology

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No question at UNC. But there are plenty of non-ivy great schools that aren't UNC style lax majors. Duke, Stanford, Northwestern, Johns Hopkins, Notre Dame, Georgetown ... If your kid is good enough @ lax to play at these places, it's a pretty great combination. Key is to be good at lax and focus on grades.

BTW the Ivy League makes up more than .5 % of D1 Lax. There are 8 Ivy League teams out of 111. More like 7%. So it doesn't apply to 93%. But when u add in the schools mentioned above, and other great academic institutions like Vanderbilt, Navy, Davidson, William & Mary, Richmond and more, you start seeing that a meaningful portion of D1 offers kids both great lacrosse and great academics. I think it does these girls a disservice to paint w such a broad brush and to use examples like UNC to say that these girls who have worked hard to get to these institutions are somehow just lax players and nothing else.

Your post is ridiculous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stanford roster is better but not true to Stanford overall standards and averages-
10 undecided, 5 human body, 4 engineering, 3 poly sci, 2 history, 2 anthropology

the undecided r because u don't declare a major until after sophomore year. the human biology majors are pre med.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Ivy league doesn't apply to 99.5 of lax players. Those kids and those schools are special and it will always be academics first

Your post is ridiculous.

Why?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Ivy league doesn't apply to 99.5 of lax players. Those kids and those schools are special and it will always be academics first

Your post is ridiculous.

Why?

Because he sez so, that's why.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since someone brought up Vanderbilt, go check them out. 80% of team takes a major called human and organizational management. 80%! Next biggest major is undecided.

Think that's a coincidence or maybe the coach has some pull?

I get that a degree from these schools is great but the point is these coaches push certain majors

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you kid get her HS schedule yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think that the inference is that the best players have more leverage in picking their majors than the rest of them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your post is ridiculous.

Why?

To start the post you are replying to said lax players not D1 lax players. There are over 500 NCAA women's lax programs so the number you corrected was closer to correct than your number.(I get it you are a lacrosse snob so only D1 counts).You then go on to say no doubt about UNC when in actuality you have no idea. They have a kid getting a nursing degree who has played significant minutes that tells me if a kid wants it bad enough they can major in just about anything at UNC and still play lax. Ridiculous to think the players at Duke etc. somehow have less expectations in regard to winning national championships than those at UNC and are thus able to take any major they want. Your next point of schools that offer great lacrosse , no disrespect to many of those programs but putting them in the great lacrosse category is not exactly near correct.You then go on to say painting with such a broad brush does a disservice when in fact that is exactly what you did about every girl in the UNC program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your post is ridiculous.

Why?

To start the post you are replying to said lax players not D1 lax players. There are over 500 NCAA women's lax programs so the number you corrected was closer to correct than your number.(I get it you are a lacrosse snob so only D1 counts).You then go on to say no doubt about UNC when in actuality you have no idea. They have a kid getting a nursing degree who has played significant minutes that tells me if a kid wants it bad enough they can major in just about anything at UNC and still play lax. Ridiculous to think the players at Duke etc. somehow have less expectations in regard to winning national championships than those at UNC and are thus able to take any major they want. Your next point of schools that offer great lacrosse , no disrespect to many of those programs but putting them in the great lacrosse category is not exactly near correct.You then go on to say painting with such a broad brush does a disservice when in fact that is exactly what you did about every girl in the UNC program.

great then if we are including D3 lets include the 11 NESCAC schools and dozens of other great academic D3s like Swarthmore etc. The point is, in contradiction to the original post, there are lots of kids getting great educations at great schools and playing high level lacrosse. I guess you are the lacrosse snob though?

"no disrespect to many of those programs but putting them in the great lacrosse category is not exactly near correct." Which is it? 1st you want to call me names because I limited the universe to D1 to compare to Ivies which are all D1 and then you say that the D1 programs I have stated are not good.

And the use of UNC by the original poster to make the point that girls on top lax teams take weak majors is appropriate. UNC's academics with regard to their athletes has come under quite a bit of scrutiny lately in case you haven't seen. And the list of majors on that team is not great. So deal with it. My point was that it is not true of all schools, even some with very good lax programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your response shows what a tool you are . Never said the program's you mentioned are not good , I said their lax programs are not great , you changed the adjective because you are the type to state things as if they are a fact when you have no idea what you are talking about . Your comment about UNC academics in regard to its athletes again shows what an ignorant dope you are . The girls that are attending the school now have zero to do with that scrutiny and as a matter of fact the girls on the lax team who were in attendance during that period have never been implicated in any of it . Again you paint with that broad brush that you were opposed to someone else using because you are an ignorant tool. How about you just support the girls who have all risen to the challenge of playing a sport in college while managing to earn any degree even if it's not up to your nonsensical standard .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since someone brought up Vanderbilt, go check them out. 80% of team takes a major called human and organizational management. 80%! Next biggest major is undecided.

I get that a degree from these schools is great but the point is these coaches push certain majors

I think this proves the point that lots of kids go to college to play lacrosse first and academics 2nd. Eighty percent of any team taking the same major a little known one at that is fishy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The UNC nursing student is a transfer and a STUD so she gets to take whatever major she wants. Our middle roster kids, not so much

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people give me a headache

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your response shows what a tool you are . Never said the program's you mentioned are not good , I said their lax programs are not great , you changed the adjective because you are the type to state things as if they are a fact when you have no idea what you are talking about . Your comment about UNC academics in regard to its athletes again shows what an ignorant dope you are . The girls that are attending the school now have zero to do with that scrutiny and as a matter of fact the girls on the lax team who were in attendance during that period have never been implicated in any of it . Again you paint with that broad brush that you were opposed to someone else using because you are an ignorant tool. How about you just support the girls who have all risen to the challenge of playing a sport in college while managing to earn any degree even if it's not up to your nonsensical standard .

You my friend are the tool. Again your tool statement:

"no disrespect to many of those programs but putting them in the great lacrosse category is not exactly near correct."

"not exactly near correct" ... tough to understand but sure sounds like you were taking a shot and the dead giveaway is when a tool like yourself says "no disrespect", It's a sure bet you are about to disrespect someone, or in this case, lots of people.

So first you want to say lets talk about all 500 lax programs and then you want to say programs in the top 10% of that group aren't exactly near great. Whatever.

The guy who made the original point about UNC is correct (it was not me). The program is absolutely lax first and academics second. Nothing wrong with that actually, if that's what you want.

"you are the type to state things as if they are a fact when you have no idea what you are talking about"

Take a look in the mirror DB. I know exactly what I'm talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think this proves the point that lots of kids go to college to play lacrosse first and academics 2nd. Eighty percent of any team taking the same major a little known one at that is fishy

It's one of the largest majors at Vanderbilt. Around 2000 kids in that school. It's an awesome program that actually has 5 different tracks so more like 5 majors. And is coupled w a capstone project which is an internship during jr or senior yr. It isn't fishy and it's pretty great actually.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's one of the largest majors at Vanderbilt. Around 2000 kids in that school. It's an awesome program that actually has 5 different tracks so more like 5 majors. And is coupled w a capstone project which is an internship during jr or senior yr. It isn't fishy and it's pretty great actually.

Next time Vandy is in any conversation regarding their lax team will be the first

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Next time Vandy is in any conversation regarding their lax team will be the first

Not exactly true but you probably don't know much about the history of the game. They were a final four team in 2004 and was one of the stronger programs around up until about 10 years ago. I think they should be a program that could rise up if they get the right staff. They have the ingredients. SEC budget, decent weather, good school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just agree coaches have sway! From "college board" biggest majors at Vandy are 28% social sciences, 13% engineering, 10% interdicipline studies, 8% biology.

Sorry none of them are 80% like the team. This coach like so many others is pushing kids into certain majors so they can play lacrosse 40 hours a week while keeping their grades up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"no disrespect to many of those programs but putting them in the great lacrosse category is not exactly near correct."

"not exactly near correct" ... tough to understand but sure sounds like you were taking a shot and the dead giveaway is when a tool like yourself says "no disrespect", It's a sure bet you are about to disrespect someone, or in this case, lots of people.

So first you want to say lets talk about all 500 lax programs and then you want to say programs in the top 10% of that group aren't exactly near great. Whatever.

The guy who made the original point about UNC is correct (it was not me). The program is absolutely lax first and academics second. Nothing wrong with that actually, if that's what you want.

"you are the type to state things as if they are a fact when you have no idea what you are talking about"

"So first you want to say lets talk about all 500 lax programs and then you want to say programs in the top 10% of that group aren't exactly near great. Whatever. "

Wrong again Einstein, most of the schools you named are not in the top 10% .You keep proving my point that you state things as facts that are just wrong.

The fact that you are now saying tool just tells me that in some sort of way you idolize what I am saying and is a little creepy.

Definitely not your friend as it is obvious to me that is something you clearly do not have.

You seemed to have backed off your "great lacrosse" statement about those schools does that indicate you are taking a shot at them also.

To say a program is lax first and academics second is just ignorant. Any program is made up of individuals who have different priorities.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this really happening??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well at least coaches aren't putting their players in the basket weaving classes of the 70's, but they are steering them into the majors the coaches want

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The UNC nursing student is a transfer and a STUD so she gets to take whatever major she wants. Our middle roster kids, not so much

Seriously , are you really pretending to have a kid on the team , what a loser .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats the feel on everyone's teams? full groups coming back?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"So first you want to say lets talk about all 500 lax programs and then you want to say programs in the top 10% of that group aren't exactly near great. Whatever. "

Wrong again Einstein, most of the schools you named are not in the top 10% .You keep proving my point that you state things as facts that are just wrong.

The fact that you are now saying tool just tells me that in some sort of way you idolize what I am saying and is a little creepy.

Definitely not your friend as it is obvious to me that is something you clearly do not have.

You seemed to have backed off your "great lacrosse" statement about those schools does that indicate you are taking a shot at them also.

To say a program is lax first and academics second is just ignorant. Any program is made up of individuals who have different priorities.

You're a dumb dude.

Good luck to the girls in this age group that entering the recruiting process. For many it is starting already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're a dumb dude.

Good luck to the girls in this age group that entering the recruiting process. For many it is starting already.

Haven't taken a high school class but ready to pick a college sounds about right

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're a dumb dude.

Haven't taken a high school class but ready to pick a college sounds about right

Is what it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're a dumb dude.

Is what it is.

So I guess I should be happy that my daughter is a bottom of the roster player so we won't have to decide for another 2 or 3 years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're a dumb dude.

You sound like a genius . Could not help but let us know your little superstar is being recruited so early .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're a dumb dude.

You sound like a genius . Could not help but let us know your little superstar is being recruited so early .

Don't be so bitter.
Anyone know whether the new high school rules will be used in high school age groups at club tournaments? Kicking the ball is allowed now and holding at restraining line until possession on the draw.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not bitter at all , just tired of know it all blabber mouths like yourself . Now tell us all the schools that are recruiting your daughter prior to her being out of diapers , you know you want to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not bitter at all , just tired of know it all blabber mouths like yourself . Now tell us all the schools that are recruiting your daughter prior to her being out of diapers , you know you want to.

I believe you seem to think you know it all. You really have a problem. You should probably listen more and talk less.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not know why kids on going on college tours, meanwhile they haven't even begun school. Parents have to realize that college is not only about lacrosse. When your kid doesn't have the smartest brain but gets recruited to one of the "Top" colleges for Lacrosse, they are going to check grades and when they see your grades in the pit they are not going to want you anymore. Lacrosse only has a little bit of money, because it is not one of the "biggest" sports yet; like basketball, track and field, soccer.... I just think some of you guys should realize that education should always be first then sports second. I don't think you'd want to be a dumb lacrosse player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe you seem to think you know it all. You really have a problem. You should probably listen more and talk less.

Not the poster but parents of would be commits lecturing everyone else to keep quiet is a joke!!!!!!!! You are the parents that can't keep you mouths shut and have been torturing us all for years. My kid did this, she just did that, she got called up, mvp of camp, she made the xyz team, she's in newsday blah blah blah look in the mirror dad because you make it impossible to root for your very talented daughter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And that's why I say my kid will probably go to the same or better college as their's but doesn't have to waste study time playing a game that is a dead end road.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its all about the academics, i don't know why kids play sports at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the poster but parents of would be commits lecturing everyone else to keep quiet is a joke!!!!!!!! You are the parents that can't keep you mouths shut and have been torturing us all for years. My kid did this, she just did that, she got called up, mvp of camp, she made the xyz team, she's in newsday blah blah blah look in the mirror dad because you make it impossible to root for your very talented daughter

I think you are imputing something that is not there. Wasn't telling everyone else to keep quiet. Just the jerk on this site. I don't think you can state what my kid has done because unlike what your accusation suggests, I haven't mentioned anything that she has done, nor do I intend to.

And from what i see, a lot of people root for my daughter because she is a nice kid and a good teammate. I'm sure you would root for her too if you knew her.

"And that's why I say my kid will probably go to the same or better college as their's but doesn't have to waste study time playing a game that is a dead end road."

And this whole thing was exactly about how to get into great schools. Maybe you haven't had kids go through the college application process before? I've had 4 go through it. Three w no sports and 1 with. It isn't fair, but the sports help a lot. My original point, to which the DB got all caught up about UNC w, was that it doesn't have to be an either or choice. And for those than can make both work, it's a big leg up in getting into good schools. If it's a choice of just one, academics is clearly what to focus on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its all about the academics, i don't know why kids play sports at all.

Or play the piano, or participate in theater or the choir. Yeah, you've got it all figured out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you are imputing something that is not there. Wasn't telling everyone else to keep quiet. Just the jerk on this site. I don't think you can state what my kid has done because unlike what your accusation suggests, I haven't mentioned anything that she has done, nor do I intend to.

And from what i see, a lot of people root for my daughter because she is a nice kid and a good teammate. I'm sure you would root for her too if you knew her.

"And that's why I say my kid will probably go to the same or better college as their's but doesn't have to waste study time playing a game that is a dead end road."

And this whole thing was exactly about how to get into great schools. Maybe you haven't had kids go through the college application process before? I've had 4 go through it. Three w no sports and 1 with. It isn't fair, but the sports help a lot. My original point, to which the DB got all caught up about UNC w, was that it doesn't have to be an either or choice. And for those than can make both work, it's a big leg up in getting into good schools. If it's a choice of just one, academics is clearly what to focus on.

Give it a rest already ,stop preaching as if you know everything. The other guy was correct, if a kid wants to go to UNC, Harvard ,Maryland, UC Berkley , D1, D2,D3 who are you to say why they chose that school and if that school is a good mix of academics ,athletics etc. for them. I am the third poster to tell you that you are the one who seems to believe only your opinion is correct.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Give it a rest already ,stop preaching as if you know everything. The other guy was correct, if a kid wants to go to UNC, Harvard ,Maryland, UC Berkley , D1, D2,D3 who are you to say why they chose that school and if that school is a good mix of academics ,athletics etc. for them. I am the third poster to tell you that you are the one who seems to believe only your opinion is correct.

oh you r probably the same guy but who cares. Wasn't the point. They can do whatever they want. Just sick of everyone saying that girls who care about lacrosse and work hard to be good at it are sacrificing their academics and taking gut majors. It's BS. Lots of them are doing both.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Facts show coaches like certain majors. Deal with it. Doesn't make you a bad person for taking the deal, but facts show many kids and schools dumb down majors to keep grades up and allow for lacrosse to be their fulltime job.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

oh you r probably the same guy but who cares. Wasn't the point. They can do whatever they want. Just sick of everyone saying that girls who care about lacrosse and work hard to be good at it are sacrificing their academics and taking gut majors. It's BS. Lots of them are doing both.

You are the one who was saying that exact thing you dope .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are the one who was saying that exact thing you dope . [/quote]

I'd say read it again moron. But your reading comprehension ain't so great I guess it won't matter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are the one who was saying that exact thing you dope .

I'd say read it again moron. But your reading comprehension ain't so great I guess it won't matter.

[/quote]
Reader poll: per the above exchange- is this a pair of dopey morons or a pair of moronic dopes going at it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reader poll: per the above exchange- is this a pair of dopey morons or a pair of moronic dopes going at it?

Carnac says " What happens after your wife has too much to drink"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's going on in 2020 world? Thread is pretty quiet, has this group completely fizzled and died out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's going on in 2020 world? Thread is pretty quiet, has this group completely fizzled and died out?

Getting to the age where the marginal kid has dropped out, others have made choices to concentrate on academics or another sport, other families are saving wherever they can with the reality of college a few years away and everyone realizing that the only ones who cares about where a girl verbals is her parents and her club director. Only the core girls are left and they were always the quiet ones

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Getting to the age where the marginal kid has dropped out, others have made choices to concentrate on academics or another sport, other families are saving wherever they can with the reality of college a few years away and everyone realizing that the only ones who cares about where a girl verbals is her parents and her club director. Only the core girls are left and they were always the quiet ones

It has to be more than "core" girls left.. as almost all the clubs that have had tryouts already have a majority of their girls returning. Are some of these programs just milking the situation with the decline of talent in this age group and selling the parents dreams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It has to be more than "core" girls left.. as almost all the clubs that have had tryouts already have a majority of their girls returning. Are some of these programs just milking the situation with the decline of talent in this age group and selling the parents dreams?

Have you watched games outside of the top 20? Not much talent there so anyone that wants to play in college surely can especially with all the new schools being added. If you like the game keep playing but you are right about marginal PAL girls still playing the game. They are everywhere. Most teams have a few horses and then a bunch of complimentary players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The "complimentary" players keep the lights on for the directors though..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Uum, maybe some are just doing this for the fun of it and the parents have money. What dream is there to sell?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone who has gone through the process before please tell me what is a good scholarship offer for a top 5% player who goes to a school ramked 15-30 in lax. Thank you in advance

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone who has gone through the process before please tell me what is a good scholarship offer for a top 5% player who goes to a school ramked 15-30 in lax. Thank you in advance

50% of total cost. All Athletic money. The kid may qualify for more academically, but that should not be a part of the offer. Big ten schools will guarantee the agreed upon amount for all 4 years in the NLI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone who has gone through the process before please tell me what is a good scholarship offer for a top 5% player who goes to a school ranked 15-30 in lax. Thank you in advance
Typical offer from our experience is 20-50%. In our case, the offer was on everything - meaning all-in costs. Have seen offers range as high as 60%, but that is unusual. 25-35% is think is most typical, obviously depends on where they have you ranked and the position of need. Hope that helps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Uum, maybe some are just doing this for the fun of it and the parents have money. What dream is there to sell?

seriously ? want to bet the ranch that vast majority of parents, and daughters, really play because they think they can play in college and that travel lax is the way to do that?
The families w/ money play the travel thing for same reason--college lax awaits their daughter if they play travel.
becoming very rare for those that play "just for fun".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

seriously ? want to bet the ranch that vast majority of parents, and daughters, really play because they think they can play in college and that travel lax is the way to do that?
The families w/ money play the travel thing for same reason--college lax awaits their daughter if they play travel.
becoming very rare for those that play "just for fun".

"Selling the Dream"....That is what feeds the travel lax monster machine....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's the parents that will send their kid anywhere just to say their kid plays in college. Those are the problem parents. Get those priorities straight

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

50% of total cost. All Athletic money. The kid may qualify for more academically, but that should not be a part of the offer. Big ten schools will guarantee the agreed upon amount for all 4 years in the NLI

Anyone claiming "full ride" is combining academic money whom anyone can get, provided they have grades. Athletic money is key.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone claiming "full ride" is combining academic money whom anyone can get, provided they have grades. Athletic money is key.

Hmmmmm.50% is too high. At least by itself. Then there is 'Financial aid' not athletic money but requested by the AD. That can happen unless you earn a lot of money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hmmmmm.50% is too high. At least by itself. Then there is 'Financial aid' not athletic money but requested by the AD. That can happen unless you earn a lot of money.

50% Is not too high if you are ranked in the top 20. I know of top 20 kids getting up to 65% Athletic money. But... the coaches try to get creative combining things. 25 50% Athletic is very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again you people with the Ivies and top 20 kids nationally give us a break. Everybody on here thinks their kid is a Shannon.

These rosters have 30+ girls and the numbers 5-25 are all the same

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top 5% of what - team, league, county, Island, state, country?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid got 25% of 'total cost to attend' athletic money, plus a nice chunk of academic money. Both added together didn't cover the full cost, but it put a huge dent in it. If you divide 12 scholarships by 30-ish girls you'll quickly see that most probably get between 25%-35%. But here's something the coaches can do: They know that the girls who are getting more academic money can be given less athletic money and the girls who can't get as much academic money will need more athletic money. So, I'm guessing that when it's all said and done, most girls probably get close to equal total amounts, athletic+academic. My kid had a high GPA so she qualified for lots of academic money. And, I know girls who weren't as good academically who (probably) got a little more than 25% athletic money. I think it probably all equals out in the end. Just my first-hand experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid got 25% of 'total cost to attend' athletic money, plus a nice chunk of academic money. Both added together didn't cover the full cost, but it put a huge dent in it. If you divide 12 scholarships by 30-ish girls you'll quickly see that most probably get between 25%-35%. But here's something the coaches can do: They know that the girls who are getting more academic money can be given less athletic money and the girls who can't get as much academic money will need more athletic money. So, I'm guessing that when it's all said and done, most girls probably get close to equal total amounts, athletic+academic. My kid had a high GPA so she qualified for lots of academic money. And, I know girls who weren't as good academically who (probably) got a little more than 25% athletic money. I think it probably all equals out in the end. Just my first-hand experience.

True. An exceptional player will get a little more athletically. A kid they hope to build the team around. Otherwise 25-50% is very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard the#1 recruit from Bayprt got 75% . Money can always go up if you kill it on the college field and are a game changer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't forget there are lots of schools that don't fund the allocated amount of ncaa scholarships. Kind of like a team not spending up to the salary cap. This happens at more schools than you think

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know that was your experience, but i can't see 12 starters getting the same amount of money as the bottom 2/3s...i've heard kids taking roster spots with zero money on some teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I know that was your experience, but i can't see 12 starters getting the same amount of money as the bottom 2/3s...i've heard kids taking roster spots with zero money on some teams. [/q

You're spot on, committing and getting a big package are two very different things

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I know that was your experience, but i can't see 12 starters getting the same amount of money as the bottom 2/3s...i've heard kids taking roster spots with zero money on some teams. [/q

You're spot on, committing and getting a big package are two very different things

and for some it doesn't matter. One of the Tewaaraton finalists this year had no athletic money. Got into a great school and turned into a great player. The biggest advantage to being a good lax player is that it can be an immense help in getting into a better school. If that can be combined with good scholarship money, all the better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and for some it doesn't matter. One of the Tewaaraton finalists this year had no athletic money. Got into a great school and turned into a great player. The biggest advantage to being a good lax player is that it can be an immense help in getting into a better school. If that can be combined with good scholarship money, all the better.

But if you are using lax to get into your reach school, you don't have the grades so there is no academic money. Those kids need the athletic money even more. Good grades fix everything!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But if you are using lax to get into your reach school, you don't have the grades so there is no academic money. Those kids need the athletic money even more. Good grades fix everything!!!!

Ivies, for example, don't give academic or athletic money, just need. But you are right, good grades makes it much easier for the schools to recruit the player.

But what people seem to keep missing is that kids with perfect grades and test scores get routinely rejected from the top schools. "using lax" to get into reach schools does not mean you don't have great grades. The acceptance rate at Stanford, Harvard, Northwestern etc ranges from 5-12 percent. Most applicants are very good students. And those acceptance rates include athletes, development kids etc. So lax, or some other skill that the school values, is a great way to get to great schools.

A kid w a 3.7 GPA and 1350 on SATs is a GREAT student. Will have ZERO shot of getting into the top schools. If they are good enough at lax, they r a slam dunk to get in. They are smart kids and will do very well once they get to college and will have many doors opened up for them after graduation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice job leg teal dad... thanks for not asking my kid to go primetime. Pretty sure you just took a pretty tight team and shattered it. Not sure how it affected blue but i'm sure people are not happy. You think she will get noticed playing with the blue girls... she will alright but not in a good way. She will be exposed!!! Go back to kissing [lacrosse] at hotel get togethers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Nice job leg teal dad... thanks for not asking my kid to go primetime. Pretty sure you just took a pretty tight team and shattered it. Not sure how it affected blue but i'm sure people are not happy. You think she will get noticed playing with the blue girls... she will alright but not in a good way. She will be exposed!!! Go back to kissing [lacrosse] at hotel get togethers.

Jealousy will get you no where

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice job leg teal dad... thanks for not asking my kid to go primetime. Pretty sure you just took a pretty tight team and shattered it. Not sure how it affected blue but i'm sure people are not happy. You think she will get noticed playing with the blue girls... she will alright but not in a good way. She will be exposed!!! Go back to kissing [lacrosse] at hotel get togethers.

Speaking of teal, where's the secret weapon playing now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

boohoo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Speaking of teal, where's the secret weapon playing now?

No one knows where secret weapon is playing now. Maybe she will appear at YJ tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please spearhead the topic of secret weapon! Who what and why are they being called the "secret weapon" And what team did they leave from???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please spearhead the topic of secret weapon! Who what and why are they being called the "secret weapon" And what team did they leave from???

Or in sum, who gives a crap?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who gives a crap. Uhm let me think. It's you, I know exactly who they are speaking of and talent is there is she the secret weapon on LI? IDK about that but then much could be said about placing her in top 10 on LI. But in any event the buzz is there I also think she will show at YJ tryouts/ and all other events happening this weekend if her superstar coach isn't training her friends and her. She would always train when she was with us on TG and her personal coach would sit quite and make adjustments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who gives a crap. Uhm let me think. It's you, I know exactly who they are speaking of and talent is there is she the secret weapon on LI? IDK about that but then much could be said about placing her in top 10 on LI. But in any event the buzz is there I also think she will show at YJ tryouts/ and all other events happening this weekend if her superstar coach isn't training her friends and her. She would always train when she was with us on TG and her personal coach would sit quite and make adjustments.

Are we really back to this? Nobody cares except you. I truly believe that you need to seek help for your obsessive infatuation. I don't know the girl. Couldn't tell you if she is good, bad, or indifferent. What I do know is that she deserves to be left alone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are we really back to this? Nobody cares except you. I truly believe that you need to seek help for your obsessive infatuation. I don't know the girl. Couldn't tell you if she is good, bad, or indifferent. What I do know is that she deserves to be left alone.

It's probably her dad posting this nonsense , top 20 on Long Island just not top 20 on LEG, please .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's probably her dad posting this nonsense , top 20 on Long Island just not top 20 on LEG, please .

Nope definately not dad, nor am I caught up in other's children as I have my own to worry about, but you sound bitter that it's not your kid being talked about. And as far as Leg. Everyone from LI and not on LI knows what really happened there. Let's not all rehash it as it's not a very good impression of the program and the parents Which I'm sure you are one off as you sound oh so familiar with all your hate and venom. See the thing is there are a lot of people that witnessed many things and you my friend are just better off leaving it alone and moving on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's your kid does she play for the team that he runs or the teal team don't get mad and and Post [lacrosse] ask him directly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope definately not dad, nor am I caught up in other's children as I have my own to worry about, but you sound bitter that it's not your kid being talked about. And as far as Leg. Everyone from LI and not on LI knows what really happened there. Let's not all rehash it as it's not a very good impression of the program and the parents Which I'm sure you are one off as you sound oh so familiar with all your hate and venom. See the thing is there are a lot of people that witnessed many things and you my friend are just better off leaving it alone and moving on.

Actually, nobody knows and better yet, no one cares. If this young lady has moved on, good luck to her. I wish well to all these young ladies. By the way, the only one talking about it is you. Take your own advice and move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really must be a total loser . First no one has any clue what you are babbling about . How would anyone know who this kid is . If the kid is on LEG 2nd team honestly do you really think she is better than the top kids from YJ , TG , Liberty , Elevate . You act as if other people have any clue about some 13 yo kid . If the kid were that good why would Leg be only too willing to see her go .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really must be a total loser . First no one has any clue what you are babbling about . How would anyone know who this kid is . If the kid is on LEG 2nd team honestly do you really think she is better than the top kids from YJ , TG , Liberty , Elevate . You act as if other people have any clue about some 13 yo kid . If the kid were that good why would Leg be only too willing to see her go . [/quote]
You must be a moron to make a statement like that. Do you really think every girl in any club actually gets to be on the team they should be on? F*****g Tool!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really must be a total loser . First no one has any clue what you are babbling about . How would anyone know who this kid is . If the kid is on LEG 2nd team honestly do you really think she is better than the top kids from YJ , TG , Liberty , Elevate . You act as if other people have any clue about some 13 yo kid . If the kid were that good why would Leg be only too willing to see her go .

You must be a moron to make a statement like that. Do you really think every girl in any club actually gets to be on the team they should be on? F*****g Tool! [/quote]

I would like to add the complete absence of context here. I have seen many players look like rock stars on one team, only to disappear on another. Huge leap from teal to team up, another huge leap from there to YJ A or top Md teams. Remember 2020 leggy A was built on a small handful of YJ B girls, with lesser talent to fill the gaps. Projecting a player as a stud on top team of Leggy may not work out as well as you think, much less touting as a top 10 LI player even further of a stretch. Not sure the team's Leggy B plays in tourneys, but I can assure you it is nothing close to the top M&D, Skywalkers etc...of the world. And to further add to the context, I have seen the weakest struggling players on A teams drop to the B teams and look like the end all. The only way to know if a player is the real deal is to put her on a top team with other top players and then play against another top team, do that for 3 or 4 games and see what you got. Maybe she is the end all, but you have no idea as of right now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First you have to make a top team.. TG & Leg got it wrong maybe YJ will get it right.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First you have to make a top team.. TG & Leg got it wrong maybe YJ will get it right.

Or maybe leg and TG were correct in their assessment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be a moron to make a statement like that. Do you really think every girl in any club actually gets to be on the team they should be on? F*****g Tool! [/quote]

I can tell you this , as you all know the YJ parents and probably coaches are reading this and my guess none of them want anything to do with this kid because of this nonsense. No there are a few kids who do not get to be on a team they deserve strictly by skill but in this case maybe it was not based only on skill.Add to that Leg had a full summer of watching the kid and if they thought she was a difference maker they would have tried to keep her . Good luck to your top ten LI kid who no one knows but my guess is you wil not be moving on to YJ .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be a moron to make a statement like that. Do you really think every girl in any club actually gets to be on the team they should be on? F*****g Tool!

I can tell you this , as you all know the YJ parents and probably coaches are reading this and my guess none of them want anything to do with this kid because of this nonsense. No there are a few kids who do not get to be on a team they deserve strictly by skill but in this case maybe it was not based only on skill.Add to that Leg had a full summer of watching the kid and if they thought she was a difference maker they would have tried to keep her . Good luck to your top ten LI kid who no one knows but my guess is you wil not be moving on to YJ . [/quote]

And how do you know that Leg did not try to keep her? It was not Leg's choice as I would not have brought my kid back either under any circumstance after reading how the kid was treated for the last year. It's all over this forum, a lot had to be cleaned up but overall the parents were terrible to that kid. why don't you ask the Moderator who had to step in constantly to stop the BS. If it's not this kid, it's the UNC commit. you all have to really stop hating on children, it's not going to make your kids better or talked about. Secondly who said this kid was even attending any tryouts at all? and even if she is, the kid's talent or lack of as according to you should speak for itself. Hating on any of these kids will not change your kids circumstance. Every year its the same crap when it's time for YJ tryouts, last year it was the UNC commit, this year its someone else. Just let the kids play and the chips fall where they may.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would like to add the complete absence of context here. I have seen many players look like rock stars on one team, only to disappear on another. Huge leap from teal to team up, another huge leap from there to YJ A or top Md teams. Remember 2020 leggy A was built on a small handful of YJ B girls, with lesser talent to fill the gaps. Projecting a player as a stud on top team of Leggy may not work out as well as you think, much less touting as a top 10 LI player even further of a stretch. Not sure the team's Leggy B plays in tourneys, but I can assure you it is nothing close to the top M&D, Skywalkers etc...of the world. And to further add to the context, I have seen the weakest struggling players on A teams drop to the B teams and look like the end all. The only way to know if a player is the real deal is to put her on a top team with other top players and then play against another top team, do that for 3 or 4 games and see what you got. Maybe she is the end all, but you have no idea as of right now. [/quote]

Stop already. You are forgetting lax is a small community. People know who can play. Your critique is falling on deaf ears now. Leg is a very good team. Lost to tg by 1 when they had the franchise. Lost to yja by 2 twice when u guys have the franchise.
Just root all the girls on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would like to add the complete absence of context here. I have seen many players look like rock stars on one team, only to disappear on another. Huge leap from teal to team up, another huge leap from there to YJ A or top Md teams. Remember 2020 leggy A was built on a small handful of YJ B girls, with lesser talent to fill the gaps. Projecting a player as a stud on top team of Leggy may not work out as well as you think, much less touting as a top 10 LI player even further of a stretch. Not sure the team's Leggy B plays in tourneys, but I can assure you it is nothing close to the top M&D, Skywalkers etc...of the world. And to further add to the context, I have seen the weakest struggling players on A teams drop to the B teams and look like the end all. The only way to know if a player is the real deal is to put her on a top team with other top players and then play against another top team, do that for 3 or 4 games and see what you got. Maybe she is the end all, but you have no idea as of right now.

Stop already. You are forgetting lax is a small community. People know who can play. Your critique is falling on deaf ears now. Leg is a very good team. Lost to tg by 1 when they had the franchise. Lost to yja by 2 twice when u guys have the franchise.
Just root all the girls on. [/quote]

Leg is a good team for demoted A and no choices left B players, Both teams are loaded with low B level players with delusional parents like yourself. real players stay away from this program. I do see your program is having trouble filling rosters and attracting talent.. When do you think we will see a turnaround?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just root all the girls on.

Leg is a good team for demoted A and no choices left B players, Both teams are loaded with low B level players with delusional parents like yourself. real players stay away from this program. I do see your program is having trouble filling rosters and attracting talent.. When do you think we will see a turnaround? [/quote]
You are right. Sorry. Both yja and leg are loaded with low level b girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can tell you this , as you all know the YJ parents and probably coaches are reading this and my guess none of them want anything to do with this kid because of this nonsense. No there are a few kids who do not get to be on a team they deserve strictly by skill but in this case maybe it was not based only on skill.Add to that Leg had a full summer of watching the kid and if they thought she was a difference maker they would have tried to keep her . Good luck to your top ten LI kid who no one knows but my guess is you wil not be moving on to YJ .

And how do you know that Leg did not try to keep her? It was not Leg's choice as I would not have brought my kid back either under any circumstance after reading how the kid was treated for the last year. It's all over this forum, a lot had to be cleaned up but overall the parents were terrible to that kid. why don't you ask the Moderator who had to step in constantly to stop the BS. If it's not this kid, it's the UNC commit. you all have to really stop hating on children, it's not going to make your kids better or talked about. Secondly who said this kid was even attending any tryouts at all? and even if she is, the kid's talent or lack of as according to you should speak for itself. Hating on any of these kids will not change your kids circumstance. Every year its the same crap when it's time for YJ tryouts, last year it was the UNC commit, this year its someone else. Just let the kids play and the chips fall where they may.

You really are a loser . First how do you know if legacy did try to keep her unless you were actively involved.Second if you are comparing this kid to the UNC commit you are clueless. Third someone earlier said this unknown phenom was showing up at YJ . Give it a rest you are way too emotionally involved not to be thinking they are talk about your kid but honestly no one other than people on Leg b team have any idea who you are . My guess you will not show up to YJ tryouts as your ego cannot take another honest assessment of your kids ability . [/quote]

Honest?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where was DELETED over the weekend?

You keep trying to get this up and I keep deleting it. You act like a pedophile, you sonofabitch

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: No player id
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
We are not doing this again.. Leave the girls alone, creeper/s.

Really are you kidding me????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone have first hand with GPA / SAT stuff. what kind of GPA's do they need to commit a kid these days? a guy at work told me Drexel wanted his daughter but she didn't have a 3.5 GPA so they had to pass..

could this be possible? not exactly Harvard right? how are 3 port athletes supposed to get straight A's like the kids that come right home at 3 o clock and study all night?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone have first hand with GPA / SAT stuff. what kind of GPA's do they need to commit a kid these days? a guy at work told me Drexel wanted his daughter but she didn't have a 3.5 GPA so they had to pass..

could this be possible? not exactly Harvard right? how are 3 port athletes supposed to get straight A's like the kids that come right home at 3 o clock and study all night?

I'm hoping the last part of your post was intended to be sarcastic!! It was right???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most updated data is usually on college board. That will give you the gpa's sat scores cost size division etc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw where M and D 2020 committed to MD. It's happening people. Congrats to her..hard work paying off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The colleges will overlook a lot if the kids a stud. You can walk in just about anywhere with a 3.0 if your making things happen on the field

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Just saw where M and D 2020 committed to MD. It's happening people. Congrats to her..hard work paying off. [/quote

??? 2020 kids have been committing for awhile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just got the email from CR pushing us all to verbal so she can take back the news cycle but we are still unsure about Suffolk community college

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow two douchebags posting in a row .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3.0 and stud doesn't get to walk into just about anywhere she wants. High academic schools want the grades and test scores to go along with the lacrosse ability. Admission criteria is certainly lower than a regular student if you are that "stud", but even then you better have good grades, show continuous improvement, and solid PSAT scores that translate into solid SAT scores that a coach can get some buy-in from an admissions department depending on the school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's taking so long for the 20's to verbal? We are in October and they have been in High School for over a month already. Wasn't this the best national class ever?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's taking so long for the 20's to verbal? We are in October and they have been in High School for over a month already. Wasn't this the best national class ever?

The smart ones are taking their time, looking at multiple offers, visiting schools and finding the right fit. Some verbaled over a year ago, some will continue to explore all offers. It is amazing that some people jump on the first offer thinking that it actually relates to where they stand in the lacrosse peaking order. Believe it or not many of the best players will take their time, many colleges chase the top players so they have many options to weigh. It is not a race to see who commits early, who cares. Early commits are either kids who are dialed in on one school and jump on that offer as soon as it comes in, and good for them. Or it is parents looking to win the early recruiting race, too bad for them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3.0 and stud doesn't get to walk into just about anywhere she wants. High academic schools want the grades and test scores to go along with the lacrosse ability. Admission criteria is certainly lower than a regular student if you are that "stud", but even then you better have good grades, show continuous improvement, and solid PSAT scores that translate into solid SAT scores that a coach can get some buy-in from an admissions department depending on the school.

Absolutely not true daughter was a 90 student didn't score well on SAT . Georgetown, UMD, Northwestern ,UNC, ND were all willing to get her in with 1000 on SAT. They had plenty of kids with 1400 on the SAT, average the 2 kids out its 1200 per student. That's how the coaches do it .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely not true daughter was a 90 student didn't score well on SAT . Georgetown, UMD, Northwestern ,UNC, ND were all willing to get her in with 1000 on SAT. They had plenty of kids with 1400 on the SAT, average the 2 kids out its 1200 per student. That's how the coaches do it .
Sounds like a good lax player but a brick academically

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She had offers from all those schools? must be a great player. The problem with this post, is that other parents with good not great kids will think this will work for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck with her professional lacrosse career

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

should have gotten her off the wall and into the library dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mom or Dad - not to call out a kid but something doesn't add up with a 90 average and 1000 SAT.

A 90 average would equate to anywhere between a 4.0 to 3.75 cumulative GPA depending on the grade point scale of school.

Maybe the schools could explain away low SAT test score and pitch she had the GPA. But many of the high academic schools don't set the bar as low as you suggest. The average is the team average, so it's the sum of all vs. comparing the two. But NW, ND, GTown want more than 1200 - know that for sure. UNC and UMD not so much, but what you don't reference is your "stud" wasn;t asked to take the SAT numerous times - which if it's true it was a 1000, they would of made you take the SAT and/or ACT repeatedly to get the score up.

I laugh at the implied notion this were the schools considered, because clearly all of those schools don't operate that way. Nor do all those schools play of the game of extending an offer, regardless of the studliness, if they are all "involved."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whoa...geoergetown, ND, Northwestern would take her with 100 SAT. that's got to be a misprint.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what a fraud. even if you generously concede a 90. that's at best a 3.5. 1000 on SAT is not very strong. please don't insult the readers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I mean 1000 has got to be a misprint.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we share what schools have verbals from 2020s? Nice to know who is actively recruiting.

From what I've seen so far it's UNC, MD, Boston College, Syracuse, Hopkins and James Madison.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UVA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

should have gotten her off the wall and into the library dad

LMAO bravo everyone! I needed a good laugh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what a fraud. even if you generously concede a 90. that's at best a 3.5. 1000 on SAT is not very strong. please don't insult the readers.

the college sports scene is as corrupt as everything else, UNC was cooking the books for athletes over an 18 year period before the scandal came to light and I'm sure it wasn't only them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UVA

Don't forget Hofstra

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the college sports scene is as corrupt as everything else, UNC was cooking the books for athletes over an 18 year period before the scandal came to light and I'm sure it wasn't only them

and nothing is going to happen to them for it... a slap on the wrist at best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please explain to us, what should happen?

50% or more of the students who were given "A's" for taking fantom courses in African American Studies were not athletes. The university created the curriculum so that "STUDENTS" who were admitted to the university with sup par academic credentials could maintain a 2.0 GPA. Students were given "A's" in order to keep their GPS's up. Not all of the students were athletes. The vast majority of student athletes were football and mens basketball players.

Please ask the NCAA to let us all know how many men's and women's lacrosse players at UNC received "A's" in African American Studies during during that 18 year period.

You are a puts and a troll.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

50% or more of the students who were given "A's" for taking fantom courses in African American Studies were not athletes. The university created the curriculum so that "STUDENTS" who were admitted to the university with sup par academic credentials could maintain a 2.0 GPA. Students were given "A's" in order to keep their GPS's up. Not all of the students were athletes. The vast majority of student athletes were football and mens basketball players.

Please ask the NCAA to let us all know how many men's and women's lacrosse players at UNC received "A's" in African American Studies during during that 18 year period.

That's [lacrosse] with a capital P you j--- A--.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is NO LI team that beat YJ 2022 Blue! There might of been another club that beat Gold..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thats the job of the md clubs, and they do it well and often

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're a little sensitive there Sally. No one said anything about womens lacrosse at UNC. The statement was "cooking the books for athletes" which clearly happened for a brief 18 years. The "program" should be penalized, but it won't. Other teams have seen post season bans, loss of scholarship, vacated wins etc... for much, much less. But I guess if they allowed the regular students to cheat too than it wasn't preferential treatment to the athletes....wild logic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're a little sensitive there Sally. No one said anything about womens lacrosse at UNC. The statement was "cooking the books for athletes" which clearly happened for a brief 18 years. The "program" should be penalized, but it won't. Other teams have seen post season bans, loss of scholarship, vacated wins etc... for much, much less. But I guess if they allowed the regular students to cheat too than it wasn't preferential treatment to the athletes....wild logic.

They may be a little sensitive but you are a little ignorant. The "program" was penalized, they did lose scholorships,they did have wins vacated, they did have a post season ban etc..The logic is that the NCAA should regulate athletics not school curriculum and academics and if the easy "A" classes were equally available to all students it is not an athletic issue but an accreditation issue which the NCAA has no jurisdiction over. Its actually a logical and legally interesting argument.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College coaches suggest to the vast majority of kids what are the preferred majors of the program. Anyone that doesn't acknowledge that has their head in the sand. Coaches are only interested in their teams eligibility and team gpa. They could care less if sally wants to be an engineer. Take communications, get a 3.0 without showing up and play lax 6 hours a day

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just know that getting a degree in lacrosse does not help you later in life. My kids are older now and I see a number of young ladies my daughter played with who have degrees in lesser majors or some with no degrees at all but have no college eligibility left who are unfortunately struggling. Please keep the big picture in mind when guiding your daughters. Playing a sport in college is not a life long career. A solid major with an impressive GPA is. And yes my daughter was fortunate and worked hard enough to do both.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They may be a little sensitive but you are a little ignorant. The "program" was penalized, they did lose scholorships,they did have wins vacated, they did have a post season ban etc..The logic is that the NCAA should regulate athletics not school curriculum and academics and if the easy "A" classes were equally available to all students it is not an athletic issue but an accreditation issue which the NCAA has no jurisdiction over. Its actually a logical and legally interesting argument.

Where and When was the program penalized for this current indiscretion ? It hasnt....stop making excuses. The original comment ( not by me ) was accurate. Accept that your school cheated academically in the interest of its sports teams and should be punished.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares, move on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College coaches suggest to the vast majority of kids what are the preferred majors of the program. Anyone that doesn't acknowledge that has their head in the sand. Coaches are only interested in their teams eligibility and team gpa. They could care less if sally wants to be an engineer. Take communications, get a 3.0 without showing up and play lax 6 hours a day
you are ridiculously cynical and wrong at least in our experience. Our daughter is committed to a top 10 university that has been ranked in the top 10 in lacrosse the last few years. Sh has been committed for well over a year. This has never come up with the coaches. Have also talked to girls on the team and this has never come up. Urban myth from jealous parents whose kids aren't committed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are ridiculously cynical and wrong at least in our experience. Our daughter is committed to a top 10 university that has been ranked in the top 10 in lacrosse the last few years. Sh has been committed for well over a year. This has never come up with the coaches. Have also talked to girls on the team and this has never come up. Urban myth from jealous parents whose kids aren't committed.

The previous poster has a point. My kid is D1 at a top school and most of the kids have dropped out of their preferred major because it's too hard to persue the more challenging majors with the rigors of being a D1 athlete. You'll see . There is a trade off

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very glad it worked out for your daughter but go look at the rosters. When most colleges top majors are taken by 10-20 percent of kids why on some teams do 80% of the team take the same "weak" major? The players choice of majors don't reflect that of the student body at large. YES there are exceptions but more athletes than not take easier majors then non student athletes.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Very glad it worked out for your daughter but go look at the rosters. When most colleges top majors are taken by 10-20 percent of kids why on some teams do 80% of the team take the same "weak" major? The players choice of majors don't reflect that of the student body at large. YES there are exceptions but more athletes than not take easier majors then non student athletes.

I've had multiple children play various D1 sports and it is true that they will get steered toward majors that don't mess with the sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top Ten Universities that also have DI Women's Lacrosse.

1 - Princeton
2 - Harvard
3 - Yale
5- Columbia
5 - Stanford
8 - Duke
8 - Penn
10 - Johns Hopkins

Duke, Princeton & Penn Stanford have all been ranked in the Top 10 in recent years. Hopkins is consistently ranked in the Top 20. Columbia, Yale and Harvard also have competitive programs.

Princeton has won three National Championships. Duke has been knocking on the door. Penn has made it to championship weekend more than once and is also bringing in some very good recruits. Stanford is consistently improving.

Dartmouth is ranked 11 academically and has fielded competitive women's lacrosse teams in the past.

I would bet that there are plenty of women playing lacrosse at those schools who are also enrolled in and excelling in a major of their choice.

Congratulations to your daughter and best of luck. I am sure she will make the most of her college education and experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 - Princeton
2 - Harvard
3 - Yale
5- Columbia
5 - Stanford
8 - Duke
8 - Penn
10 - Johns Hopkins

Duke, Princeton & Penn Stanford have all been ranked in the Top 10 in recent years. Hopkins is consistently ranked in the Top 20. Columbia, Yale and Harvard also have competitive programs.

Princeton has won three National Championships. Duke has been knocking on the door. Penn has made it to championship weekend more than once and is also bringing in some very good recruits. Stanford is consistently improving.

Dartmouth is ranked 11 academically and has fielded competitive women's lacrosse teams in the past.

I would bet that there are plenty of women playing lacrosse at those schools who are also enrolled in and excelling in a major of their choice.

Congratulations to your daughter and best of luck. I am sure she will make the most of her college education and experience.

Yes, if their major is Basket Weaving! But I'm sure a BW degree from Princeton will take you further than one from Stony Brook

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

I've had multiple children play various D1 sports and it is true that they will get steered toward majors that don't mess with the sport. [/quote]

This isn't just a top 10 university thing. Go look at rosters in the middle of the D1 pack. There is nothing wrong with it but parents just need to be informed that it does happen. The kid that wanted to be an engineer amazingly changes to an exercise science major with the rest of her team so she can go to the school and stay eligible to play lacrosse. Good luck driving a golf cart around as an athletic trainer making $35k the rest of your life

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 - Princeton
2 - Harvard
3 - Yale
5- Columbia
5 - Stanford
8 - Duke
8 - Penn
10 - Johns Hopkins

Yes, if their major is Basket Weaving! But I'm sure a BW degree from Princeton will take you further than one from Stony Brook

Another jealous, bitter, ignorant moron.

There are some schools, Princeton being one where there are no classes or any academic activities that require attendance during the time when all athletes practice. It is my understanding that all extra curricular activities (band, theater, dance, varsity sports etc..) all take place at the same time. Students are free to choose whatever field of study they want without having to worry about a class or a lab interfering with their practice time.

Keep telling yourself that the girls who choose to challenge themselves will not be successful. Female student athletes who graduate from places like Duke, Penn, Princeton, Stanford, Harvard, Yale, Hopkins, Columbia and a host of others will be "recruited" by employers. If they choose to go straight to grad school they will have great options as well.

Go back under your rock.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 - Princeton
2 - Harvard
3 - Yale
5- Columbia
5 - Stanford
8 - Duke
8 - Penn
10 - Johns Hopkins

It's "farther" not "further" moron. But it's fashionable to be dumb in this country now, right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ivy league doesn't apply to 95% of lax players. Those kids and those schools are special and it will always be academics first

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ivy league doesn't apply to 95% of lax players. Those kids and those schools are special and it will always be academics first

What undergraduate degrees do you deem acceptable? You are a jack a--.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Undergrad degrees matter little. Those girls had the time of their lives I bet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What undergraduate degrees do you deem acceptable? You are a jack a--.

Just a guess but maybe Economics, Science, Engineering, Medical. Communications is always listed as the easiest major just google it. Don't be a hater. My kid cant get into UNC but has been through the process. Please go look at the rosters. Yes there will be a handful of kids taking really challenging majors on any team but on many many teams you will see 75 85% of the team taking the same, suggested courses. You guys that defend it so hard like it doesn't exist sound like you might be someone who was talked into foregoing an engineering degree just so she could play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yvr1tbprobably did and believe it or not there are a lot of Doctors and Lawyers with those degrees

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yvr1tbprobably did and believe it or not there are a lot of Doctors and Lawyers with those degrees

Let it go. The rosters don't lie. D1 players in all sports are guided into certain majors to keep them eligible. Coaches just want them to play.

Hopefully you don't sell your daughter out, There is always a place to play and always a school that will let you take the major of your dreams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let it go. The rosters don't lie. D1 players in all sports are guided into certain majors to keep them eligible. Coaches just want them to play.

Hopefully you don't sell your daughter out, There is always a place to play and always a school that will let you take the major of your dreams

How many kids have you had play D1 sports? I bet none. So I'm pretty sure you don't know what you are talking about. I've had 2. Never have we had a discussion with the coaching staffs about their suggestions for majors. Nor have my kids. Are there tradeoffs that have to made to pursue certain majors, absolutely. For example, if you want to pursue premed or science-based majors, you may likely need to take labs over the summer. But those decisions have been made by our kids, not by the coaches. Maybe there are SOME D1 schools that force certain majors on kids, but not true for all. So stop stating that D1 programs are all like that. Likely your kid wasn't good enough to play. Got it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then why even play school lacrosse , you sound like you have a kid who was not good at lax and equally hideous in the classroom . You come on here to knock kids who have reached the highest level doing something they live , you sound like a pathetic loser . If my kid wants to pursue her dream of trying to win a national title then go on to med/ law/ business/ dental / vet/ etc school but it takes an extra grad school year , who cares she is living her dream . Keep telling your kid she is not good enough to have it all ,and she will reach for nothing .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Poster forgot every kid on here will compete for a national championship or go to an ivy. Nobody on here will have their daughter go to a mid level D1 lacrosse school. Can't argue with parents of a Shannon

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard