BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 33 of 33 1 2 31 32 33
Re: Girls 2020 - 9th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Its all about the money. Us lax people throw money at everything! Just ask CR

That's not true- the YJ fridge magnet, key chain, and wine stopper set for $49.95 was worth every penny. That's not throwing money around, it's about quality and prestige.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's not true- the YJ fridge magnet, key chain, and wine stopper set for $49.95 was worth every penny. That's not throwing money around, it's about quality and prestige.

Does the key chain have a bottle opener?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We use cans A Hole.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should have gone with the $150 package - it comes with really nice YJ blanket and stadium seat cushion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please name 1 LI team that can beat any YJ team. TG 2023 only one !

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Liberty 2021 beat YJ 2021 Rose this season in a full game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is two, there may be more that just haven't played YJ. YJ is still the biggest program, but they don't have all the top girls like they did even 5-6 years ago. YJ doesn't seem to have any teams that are dominate in the country anymore, and TG doesn't seem to be as strong as they were 5-6 years ago. Possibly because more options, but more likely it seems that other programs in the Northeast and MidAtlantic are stronger and better instructed than in the past, and girls in these other clubs are starting to close the gap. Good for the growth of the game.

MD is still dominant, followed by LI, but both are losing some ground, it seems LI by a much larger margin because it seems that MD does a better job when it comes to coaching as a team (athletes are not much different, but clubs spend much more time together practicing and playing). Thus their club teams tend to be more competitive than LI teams collectively (Probably a margin of 5 to 1).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is two, there may be more that just haven't played YJ. YJ is still the biggest program, but they don't have all the top girls like they did even 5-6 years ago. YJ doesn't seem to have any teams that are dominate in the country anymore, and TG doesn't seem to be as strong as they were 5-6 years ago. Possibly because more options, but more likely it seems that other programs in the Northeast and MidAtlantic are stronger and better instructed than in the past, and girls in these other clubs are starting to close the gap. Good for the growth of the game.

MD is still dominant, followed by LI, but both are losing some ground, it seems LI by a much larger margin because it seems that MD does a better job when it comes to coaching as a team (athletes are not much different, but clubs spend much more time together practicing and playing). Thus their club teams tend to be more competitive than LI teams collectively (Probably a margin of 5 to 1).

Yes and no. The YJ teams essentially never practice and its my understanding the MD teams have multiple practices so yes the MD teams do perform better as a team. That said when you look at things like UA LI performs on par or even better than MD so I think the caliber of player is as good just not the commitment to travel team performance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its killing YJ nation that they aren't as dominant as they once were and their numbers at the younger ages continue to plummet (50% decrease in teams) Now in fairness, they were the biggest so they had the most to lose but LI has seen a reduction in hard core year round players plus the talent is more spread out amongst all the clubs plus their weak coaching is finally been exposed. Kids on 3rd and 4th teams have walked away or are playing on weaker clubs A and B teams where they get a little more TLC and better coaching

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its killing YJ nation that they aren't as dominant as they once were and their numbers at the younger ages continue to plummet (50% decrease in teams) Now in fairness, they were the biggest so they had the most to lose but LI has seen a reduction in hard core year round players plus the talent is more spread out amongst all the clubs plus their weak coaching is finally been exposed. Kids on 3rd and 4th teams have walked away or are playing on weaker clubs A and B teams where they get a little more TLC and better coaching

You are 100% correct, all these new clubs have clearly diluted the talent from the third and forth YJ teams.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are 100% correct, all these new clubs have clearly diluted the talent from the third and forth YJ teams.

I would add 2nd and some 1st teams to your assessment. Most of B teams are really not that good and aren't retaining the talent they once did. The better girls leave because there are so many other options.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ's 2020 win in spite of the coaches. Its a testament to the athleticism of the girls. CR really needs to start looking at her HC's. With the talent levels so tight between clubs she the YJ's for the 1st time ever need better coaching. The girls themselves are not carrying the day like they once did

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Win? What have they won.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ's 2020 win in spite of the coaches. Its a testament to the athleticism of the girls. CR really needs to start looking at her HC's. With the talent levels so tight between clubs she the YJ's for the 1st time ever need better coaching. The girls themselves are not carrying the day like they once did

Of the YJ coaches invented the sport if you ask them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of the YJ coaches invented the sport if you ask them

regular English please?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am new to the site and a little overwhelmed.... so please be patient.

My daughter is Class of 2020 and after playing JV as a freshman, want to now play in a year round league to improve her skills to assure she can play Varsity as a junior. She has played clinics as the LI Sports Hub in winter and an Adelphi program this past summer. Playing for the purposes of being recruited for colleges is not a priority- but I clearly understand why leagues at this level do so.

So many leagues...... and tryouts are coming soon.

I am looking for some honest feedback as to what might be some leagues to consider.

So I've figured out the REPLY button but am unsure if this should be a separate thread. My apologies if not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter is Class of 2020 and after playing JV as a freshman, want to now play in a year round league to improve her skills to assure she can play Varsity as a junior. She has played clinics as the LI Sports Hub in winter and an Adelphi program this past summer. Playing for the purposes of being recruited for colleges is not a priority- but I clearly understand why leagues at this level do so.

I am looking for some honest feedback as to what might be some leagues to consider.

So I've figured out the REPLY button but am unsure if this should be a separate thread. My apologies if not.

By "leagues" it sounds like you are talking about clubs? Not aware of any leagues that have individual registration - teams are by high school or travel club at this age. For clubs, it depends on where you live and what type of commitment you are interested in as far as travel, expense, time, etc. Some are year-round, some mainly summer. Really have to do your own research - club websites typically list their tournament schedules, practices and sometimes cost.

This site used to have links to most of the clubs, but not anymore. Could start on tourneymachine, find a local tournament and make a list of teams, then Google them for websites.

A little late to the game with top club rosters pretty much set by now, but good luck - tryouts are coming up soon in August and September.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are right- I meant clubs not leagues.

Is there a lot of differences in the ability levels of YJ, Liberty, Elevate, Wave, etc.? I've tried to get an idea from past discussions but there seems to be a lot of negative rants to sift through just looking at Class of 2020 threads.

I've resorted to the individual team websites.... but would appreciate feedback from anyone whose daughter has played for these clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If its all about gaining experience and playing, I would choose based on where you live. In Nassau County, Liberty probably offers the best/most frequent training year round. Icon might too, I'm not sure. In Suffolk, you have Elevate, Top Guns and YJ. I'm not sure any of those are good options for what you're looking for. Based on the fact that your daughter has never played travel, I don't think she could make a club's top team. Top Guns and YJ don't do much with their "B" teams. Elevate offers years round training, but their B teams are not competitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are right- I meant clubs not leagues.

Is there a lot of differences in the ability levels of YJ, Liberty, Elevate, Wave, etc.? I've tried to get an idea from past discussions but there seems to be a lot of negative rants to sift through just looking at Class of 2020 threads.

I've resorted to the individual team websites.... but would appreciate feedback from anyone whose daughter has played for these clubs.

Definitely a wide range of talent among the clubs, and even among the teams within a given club. I would start with your daughter's teammates and the older girls playing varsity at her HS - see where they are playing, or have played in the past and left. Like you've already noticed, asking for feedback on here will just lead to bad mouthing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't let the kool aid drinkers get you down. If your daughter can play she will always find a spot even in college. Our HS has had girls play in college without EVER playing club although they were beasts athletically.

"A" level clubs have the most contacts and get the most looks from college coaches but even if you join a B level club, those clubs always get their top players recruited. Maybe not the bottom of the roster, but the top girls from all these programs seem to make it work they just have to work a little harder to get seen and contacting college coaches. Good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If its all about gaining experience and playing, I would choose based on where you live. In Nassau County, Liberty probably offers the best/most frequent training year round. Icon might too, I'm not sure. In Suffolk, you have Elevate, Top Guns and YJ. I'm not sure any of those are good options for what you're looking for. Based on the fact that your daughter has never played travel, I don't think she could make a club's top team. Top Guns and YJ don't do much with their "B" teams. Elevate offers years round training, but their B teams are not competitive.

Let's be fair. Their A team is not that competitive either. Save you money on the group training and get some individual training from a decent trainer. Also, she has to be working on her own. Thats money well spent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate would NOT be a good fit for your daughter. They will take your money, make promises to you and your daughter they wont keep and your wallet will be dry!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate would NOT be a good fit for your daughter. They will take your money, make promises to you and your daughter they wont keep and your wallet will be dry!

The problem is you can 20 different people and get 20 different answers as to why someone likes or dislikes a club. You really need to take a lot into consideration: amount of travel time required, cost, what you get for the money you are paying, and what are you looking to get out of the club for your daughter, etc. to help find the best for her and your family (playing club is definitely a family commitment). Try go to several try-outs , if that's possible and speak with parents in the 2020 age group from all the different level teams (since you don't know where your daughter will land). Many parents will be honest about the pros and cons of the club. People can be happy with a club but there are always pros and cons. Good luck in your search.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are looking for a lot of playing time, my friends daughter played on Liberty last year and played year round. They had clinics at sports hub in Syosset a winter league as a team at ally pond and other playing opportunities. She said the coaching was great and her daughter improved significantly. I think YJ plays in an indoor league further out east and also has clinics but the clinics are small groups and sell out. You can go to YJ clinics and play on other clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do not choose elevate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The problem is you can 20 different people and get 20 different answers as to why someone likes or dislikes a club. You really need to take a lot into consideration: amount of travel time required, cost, what you get for the money you are paying, and what are you looking to get out of the club for your daughter, etc. to help find the best for her and your family (playing club is definitely a family commitment). Try go to several try-outs , if that's possible and speak with parents in the 2020 age group from all the different level teams (since you don't know where your daughter will land). Many parents will be honest about the pros and cons of the club. People can be happy with a club but there are always pros and cons. Good luck in your search.

Much also depends on what particular age group/team within a club your daughter lands at. A toxic team or coach can exist within an otherwise great club, and vice versa. Unfortunately, you won't know ahead of time where your daughter will be slotted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone ever participated in LI girls showcase? Any feedback appreciated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have not done it before and was thinking of it..but weather supposed to be nasty on Saturday so don't know how that will affect things....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Money grab.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have not done it before and was thinking of it..but weather supposed to be nasty on Saturday so don't know how that will affect things....

They have some nice coaches listed. But I'm skeptical that they will all be there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that from experience or from bitter old guy/gal parent lax vet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Check and see what coaches are listed as attending, if there are more than a couple from schools that you're interested I then go, if not take a pass. Go to the camps/clinics of the schools you're interested in if they're not attending the event

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Check and see what coaches are listed as attending, if there are more than a couple from schools that you're interested I then go, if not take a pass. Go to the camps/clinics of the schools you're interested in if they're not attending the event

Is that from experience or from bitter old guy/gal parent lax vet?

Many showcases advertise coaches who aren't there. Elite120?

Page 33 of 33 1 2 31 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard