BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,740
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 33 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 32 33
Re: Girls 2020 - 9th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you really think Cortland, Trinity and Salisbury just have girls show up every year and tryout and miraculously they are competing for a national championship? Really? You can call it what you want but these girls are recruited and the roster is probably 75% locked up before the first day of summer tryouts. A lot more big games at these schools than low level D1

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry, I did not want to demean anyone or child. D3 sports are great. I was able to go to school, have a social life, play very competitive sports, There is a no binding "letter of intent" signed like the D2 and D1 players sign. Get recruited, apply to school, pay tuition with no athletic money, and work hard and play. It is the same as it was 20 years ago, D3 rules have not changed.

I do not want to offend anyone I just think the thought process of committing to D3 in 9th grade is silly. Sorry.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course those schools recruit and build programs. D3 has been recruiting for 40 years. Saying you "committed" for D3 is what is new. 20, 10, 5 years ago athletes didn't "commit" to play at D3 schools. That is something D1 D2 players do because those athletes sign a letter of intent to "commit" to play at those schools and it was binding. The rules of D3 have not changes. There is nothing binding to play D3.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are mixing rules with the recruiting comment now. you are fumbling all over the place.
as previous poster said they ARE recruited. why do you think they have prospect camps, or attend high school summer lacrosse games?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Do you really think Cortland, Trinity and Salisbury just have girls show up every year and tryout and miraculously they are competing for a national championship? Really? You can call it what you want but these girls are recruited and the roster is probably 75% locked up before the first day of summer tryouts. A lot more big games at these schools than low level D1

D3 coaches watched my daughter in 10th grade and they all said the same thing "if you are interested, D3 has a lot to offer you and we have a roster spot for you. Now the "we have a lot to offer you" was based on the competition and quality of D3 life socially. That's being recruited in my book. We gave a verbal and her high school made a big deal about it when she was a senior. She was thrilled, school was excited only A**hole travel parents tried ruining it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can any of the experts here comment on the NCAA proposed change to the recruiting calendar and its potential impact on 2020s?

What is the current status of the proposed change?

Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct me if I am wrong, but every commitment being announced right now is "verbal" or "to the admissions process." Nothing is written in stone and it can all change depending on the athlete's academic/athletic performance, change of coaching staff at the college, and so on. We all hope that if a commitment is announced in public that a coach will honor it, but there are plenty of de-commitments and re-commitments each year. More importantly, no one is guaranteed to get into their college of choice, even recruited athletes.

So, if a player wants to announce their commitment to a D3 program, how is it any less legitimate than a D1 commitment? Let's agree to let them all enjoy their accomplishments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct me if I am wrong, but every commitment being announced right now is "verbal" or "to the admissions process." Nothing is written in stone and it can all change depending on the athlete's academic/athletic performance, change of coaching staff at the college, and so on. We all hope that if a commitment is announced in public that a coach will honor it, but there are plenty of de-commitments and re-commitments each year. More importantly, no one is guaranteed to get into their college of choice, even recruited athletes.

So, if a player wants to announce their commitment to a D3 program, how is it any less legitimate than a D1 commitment? Let's agree to let them all enjoy their accomplishments.

YJ's newsletter says that D3 is for non YJ players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can any of the experts here comment on the NCAA proposed change to the recruiting calendar and its potential impact on 2020s?

What is the current status of the proposed change?

Thank you.

No changes will happen, coaches talk out of their asses when they say they want it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rule is going to pass. Will go into effect 9/1/2017. Can't talk to student athlete until beginning of junior hear. It will mean nothing for 2019 as they can talk to coaches beginning next fall any way. The 2020 will have to wait a year. That is why you will see a ton of 2020 commit this summer.

However I Just saw where IWLCA is adding an 2021 division as a "developmental division" at their events going forward. While I guess we now know who is at fault of early recruiting. The same ones that are trying to make rules against it. What a joke.

I would think those coaches at great academic schools should concentrate on winning(in classroom, in life and on the field)versus writing rules before they get fired. Please don't say these specific coaches don't recruit early so that is why they don't win. They are as guilty as the rest. There is no money in Women's lax, so it should be easy to recruit the best if your a good coach and know how to recruit to these premium schools.

No excuses for them going forward.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rule is going to pass. Will go into effect 9/1/2017. Can't talk to student athlete until beginning of junior hear. It will mean nothing for 2019 as they can talk to coaches beginning next fall any way. The 2020 will have to wait a year. That is why you will see a ton of 2020 commit this summer.

However I Just saw where IWLCA is adding an 2021 division as a "developmental division" at their events going forward. While I guess we now know who is at fault of early recruiting. The same ones that are trying to make rules against it. What a joke.

I would think those coaches at great academic schools should concentrate on winning(in classroom, in life and on the field)versus writing rules before they get fired. Please don't say these specific coaches don't recruit early so that is why they don't win. They are as guilty as the rest. There is no money in Women's lax, so it should be easy to recruit the best if your a good coach and know how to recruit to these premium schools.

Won't pass, you'll see!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my opinion, the recruiting proposal doesn't solve the early recruiting problem because it leaves a huge loophole. No emails, phone calls, unofficial visits or contact until 9/1 junior year EXCEPT for the ability to talk to coaches on campus while attending a camp/clinic.
Open up your wallets lax families, because if this passes we will all have to shell out lots of dough to get our kids to every college-run camp/clinic we can find. Really not fair to families who don't have a ton of cash lying around.
I hope that the proposal either doesn't pass or is modified to close all the loopholes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my opinion, the recruiting proposal doesn't solve the early recruiting problem because it leaves a huge loophole. No emails, phone calls, unofficial visits or contact until 9/1 junior year EXCEPT for the ability to talk to coaches on campus while attending a camp/clinic.
Open up your wallets lax families, because if this passes we will all have to shell out lots of dough to get our kids to every college-run camp/clinic we can find. Really not fair to families who don't have a ton of cash lying around.
I hope that the proposal either doesn't pass or is modified to close all the loopholes.

You should be going to the camps and clinics of the schools your daughter wishes to attend already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should be going to the camps and clinics of the schools your daughter wishes to attend already.

For those that have sent their daughters to camps, how many of these camps do you send your daughters do? 2 a year? Do you send them to different camps/schools each year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For those that have sent their daughters to camps, how many of these camps do you send your daughters do? 2 a year? Do you send them to different camps/schools each year?

Get a tutor! All the club girls my daughter hangs with are C students! Clinics practices camps privates leagues travel and zero time for schoolwork. Those who say get the grades are RIGHT!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since this is a recruiting year for 2020 can someone post a list of the top 5 tournaments girls travel clubs should be sending them too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get a tutor! All the club girls my daughter hangs with are C students! Clinics practices camps privates leagues travel and zero time for schoolwork. Those who say get the grades are RIGHT!!!!!

Thanks for the less than helpful reply, I think their homework will be complete by summer time. Most travel girls I know are pretty good students.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Makes me think it will pass, with the loophole and full support of the coaches. It is always about the money. Everything. So in this case it frees up some of the coaches time and fattens their wallets with the money from camps. Seems like a win - win for college coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It won't pass. Guarantee it. The coaches aren't the ones that vote on it, the school administrations are. They aren't going to approve these rule changes that will cost more money to monitor compliance for a sport that doesn't make the schools money. It will never happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Makes me think it will pass, with the loophole and full support of the coaches. It is always about the money. Everything. So in this case it frees up some of the coaches time and fattens their wallets with the money from camps. Seems like a win - win for college coaches.

Will not happen, of course the clubs want it, they can money grab a few more years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the less than helpful reply, I think their homework will be complete by summer time. Most travel girls I know are pretty good students.

Another lacrosse first parent. Good luck to you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

so for someone new to this, are all camps created equal or are some just pure money grabs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another lacrosse first parent. Good luck to you

any chance they can be both great students and great lacrosse players? Some kids achieve great things in AND out of the classroom.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

any chance they can be both great students and great lacrosse players? Some kids achieve great things in AND out of the classroom. [/quote]

Everyone on here has a great lacrosse player haven't you been paying attention?

How many lacrosse dads can name just one teacher that their daughter has, probably not many.

Many people need a reality check.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a academic first dad. Does anyone know the percentage of academic versus athletic schlorships that are given at universities? (Not counting financial aid).
It would be interesting.

In today's market of a kid was to get a 100 percent scholarship, say at a school that cost 50k....you would have to make 300k to pay for that after taxes if you were making a decent living...

That is a ton of cash.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a academic first dad. Does anyone know the percentage of academic versus athletic schlorships that are given at universities? (Not counting financial aid).
It would be interesting.

In today's market of a kid was to get a 100 percent scholarship, say at a school that cost 50k....you would have to make 300k to pay for that after taxes if you were making a decent living...

That is a ton of cash.

Families should be looking for both. My daughter will be going to a mid level (between 25-50) d1 school next year. She was (I imagine) one of their top recruits as she received substantial athletic money (close to 50% of the total cost). She also got some academic money. We'll be paying very close to in-state university prices at a private university with an very good academic reputation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would be interesting.

That is a ton of cash.

Maybe I'm not academic enough like you, but I have no idea what you're trying to say. You have to make 300K per year to pay for a 50K scholarship??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
incoherent....step away from the bong

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would be interesting.

That is a ton of cash.

It's called a 529, start one when your kid is born, starting to save for college when your kid is 17 probably isn't the way to go

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 percent of varsity athletes get athletic money in college. Although not all kids get academic money 100 percent have a chance at it depending on the schools they choose

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would be interesting.

That is a ton of cash.

Maybe I'm not academic enough like you, but I have no idea what you're trying to say. You have to make 300K per year to pay for a 50K scholarship??

no he is saying that if you get 50k/yr for 4 years thats 200k. Pretax you would have to earn 300k at a 33% tax rate to pay for the 200k college tuition. so it's like getting 300k in earnings pre-tax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would be interesting.

That is a ton of cash.

It's called a 529, start one when your kid is born, starting to save for college when your kid is 17 probably isn't the way to go

okay, keep the money solvent investments take on many shapes!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would be interesting.

That is a ton of cash.

no he is saying that if you get 50k/yr for 4 years thats 200k. Pretax you would have to earn 300k at a 33% tax rate to pay for the 200k college tuition. so it's like getting 300k in earnings pre-tax.

So college is expensive. Thanks for the tip.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how long it typically takes a coach to give an offer?
My daughter was invited by an assistant coach at a top 15 school to his december camp

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it can be offered that day..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter was invited by an assistant coach at a top 15 school to his december camp

My 2016 daughter visited her first school during August 2013 (summer after sophomore year). She visited seven more schools over the next 10 months. She then received her first offer in late June 2014, then her next one less than a week later. She accepted the second schools offer because it was her favorite and also the first school she visited. We've heard of some girls getting offers on a first visit but I doubt this is typical. Most stories we've heard involved a months long courtship with several schools. Good luck and choose wisely.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most likely the first step in the courting process but it could after camp. They want to get a look her at camp most likely with current commits and other prospects. See how she's plays with different kids etc. Give you an intro to school, where they are at with recruits for grades, maybe tell you please reach out if you get offers/interest from other schools. Depends how hungry they are , what type of player she is . Some will tell you we will not commit a freshman. Most of the schools want to watch a few more times at tourneys in summer. If she's really interested in the school get back there for a summer camp. Advice: make sure she plays team ball at the camp. The individual gig is up. Good luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Being invited to a camp will not result in an immediate offer. They will take a closer look, then maybe ask for a visit, or maybe not

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think this is a good question, my daughter was invited by an assistant coach to a top schools 5 v 5 clinic as well earlier in december. She didn't go because of a conflict, but we wondered if the invite went to everyone. Our club team said other girls did not get the same invite. She was then invited to come back next month. Do they talk to girls at these events?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks! My daughter played really well at the camp, and at the end of the camp the coach said specifically to her that we will hear from him, so we really don't know!

Page 21 of 33 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard