BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 33 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 32 33
Re: Girls 2020 - 9th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
BC commits another girl from M&D.... that makes 5 in the class, is this the most for any school?

BC is expanding their roster size so taking some chances on aggressive early recruiting seems to be there thing

The girls that I know of that are committed in this class are very talented. It seems the aggressiveness for recruiting this young is happening at all of the top schools

Not really and not as aggressive , BC has made offers very very early . Some top schools not so much NW , Stanford , Duke , .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does TG have any commits? If so are they any good?

3 announced. Maryland, Hoftstra, Florida

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 out of 3 ain't bad!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 out of 3 ain't bad!

Nice! Feel better now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 out of 3 ain't bad!

Go back to your hole cr.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BC commits another girl from M&D.... that makes 5 in the class, is this the most for any school?

BC is expanding their roster size so taking some chances on aggressive early recruiting seems to be there thing

The girls that I know of that are committed in this class are very talented. It seems the aggressiveness for recruiting this young is happening at all of the top schools

Not really and not as aggressive , BC has made offers very very early . Some top schools not so much NW , Stanford , Duke , .

there are some 2020 NU commits

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't be a [lacrosse]. Each of those schools are someone's dream school. Stop being an arrogant [lacrosse] behind a key board. VN

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Mass Elite or Grizzlies have any commits

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stanford already has one 2020 verbal commit. Look at the CT Grizzles website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't be a [lacrosse]. Each of those schools are someone's dream school. Stop being an arrogant [lacrosse] behind a key board. VN

I agree! My daughter was a 2016 that is now a freshman at a D1 school. One thing I learned was to never disparage the choice that a young player and family has made. There is no professional women's lacrosse league, so this isn't a contest to see who can get to the "best" lacrosse school. Whatever school is chosen is the right one for that player and family. Get over yourselves people. Be happy that a young lady is getting a discounted education at HER choice of schools!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

where do you guys see this information about recruits by schools at the 202 age group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This race to commit is a nasty cycle for Mommy and Daddy to say "look how great we are as parents" These girls have just started high school, how the frig can they know what they want to be when they grow up? and what school is the best fit for them? I see daily "commits" on twitter and on here but they are all verbals. Let these kids enjoy high school before rushing them to college. There is no wonder why these kids are under so much pressure. Yes my kid plays, yes she hopes to play in college but right now we are focused on high school, and if that means that she "misses out" on an opportunity then it wasn't the right opportunity for her anyway

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This race to commit is a nasty cycle for Mommy and Daddy to say "look how great we are as parents" These girls have just started high school, how the frig can they know what they want to be when they grow up? and what school is the best fit for them? I see daily "commits" on twitter and on here but they are all verbals. Let these kids enjoy high school before rushing them to college. There is no wonder why these kids are under so much pressure. Yes my kid plays, yes she hopes to play in college but right now we are focused on high school, and if that means that she "misses out" on an opportunity then it wasn't the right opportunity for her anyway

Exactly!! However the crazies will start their post bashing any minute, if they take a break from their race to a red light.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly!! However the crazies will start their post bashing any minute, if they take a break from their race to a red light.

lets all be honest though. We are all proud of our daughters when they commit to the school of THEIR choice. However, certain groups (mostly y2k) take it to another level that exposes them as narcissistic assessments, and turn the commit process into a contest, which is the absolute wrong approach. Be happy for your kid and others, brag a little, but don't belittle. Its not a contest...yj turds

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do the B team start verbaling? Half of the A team in already is quicker than any other YJ year. For many they haven't played their first varsity game yet

11th grade to Dowling

The bottom half of A is starting to "commit" to D3. You don't need YJ for these "commits", which by the way, you don't even "commit" to D3.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

where is the Mass ELite girl going

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

Chestnut Hill

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

BC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

BC

does she compare to girls on LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

where do you guys see this information about recruits by schools at the 202 age group?

there is no source. Just word of mouth. Toplaxrecruits.com will have some of them, but it's self-reported and only a few do that. Other than that, u could go to club websites and most list them there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets be honest.

Every club, in any state will have at least a couple of girls that get recruited to top schools. These will be the best athletes and would have succeeded in any sport, and to those girls we say congratulations. These young woman are from Colorado, California, Texas etc..., but that by no means make the clubs they come from as competitive as clubs from Long Island, or Maryland. All that means is that some naturally athletic girls picked up a stick and put in hours and hours against a wall.

In the case of Mass Elite I see a club that has been around for a while, in a state where Lax is finally starting to catch on, and is finally being able to put together a single year of girls that are fairly competitive, and to those girls that get recruited to any scholl we say congratulations, welcome to the club. But that in no means makes you a top tier club in line with Long Island and Maryland.

I have been involved with lax for decades of my life with both boys and girls, and have seen at least a hundred girls clubs evolve in that time, some peak and than struggle, some slowly grow to become powerhouses. I have seen Mass Elite in more than a few tournaments and have watched them evolve from a fustrated club that can't hang with L.I. teams, causing them to turn to thuggery to keep up, to a team that is finally starting to figure it out. But make no mistake you are a teen playing in an adult world, and that is a best case scenario.

Yes, you have some naturally talented players within your club, but the proof of how good a club, or an entire region, is in any sport, is how well roll players do. Every region will have there big scorers succeed, and that is what is happening at M.E. causing the parents up in Mass. to think something that is not true. The roll players on L.I. and in Md. are almost as good as you top tier players in every other region, and that is why you will continue to struggle against us.

Remember one simple fact about L.I. and Md., Lacrosse is like a religion in these places. If you walk down any residential street or go to any high school or sports field you will see lacrosse cages in use in December and January, it is non stop in these places. we love this game. Now some day you might catch up, or even surpass us, but that day is not today

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kids will all commit to good schools when they decide to and the funny thing is two of them don't even play lacrosse so why do so many here talk about college commitments so much?
Is the game of lacrosse the only way to get into college?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

BC

Yes... better than most, has a lot of potential.

does she compare to girls on LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hit the nail on the head! Sorry ME

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She's better then a lot of girls on LI...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She's better then a lot of girls on LI...

my daughter played her team this summer and she is better than most kids here. I will admit that because im not an airhead like the rest of LI parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why would a 2020 commit to cortland now??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe because they "get it" and understand lacrosse ends after college. Maybe because she wants a cap of $20k a year and not a $50k school with a $10k in athletic money, maybe because she fell in love with the campus or her major, maybe its because they play really good lacrosse and she has a chance to win a D3 national championship, maybe its because she actually wants to have a life at college and not work full time on her lacrosse 5-6 hours a day. Maybe its because they don't believe the hype and understand that a top D2 or D3 scholl will beat the bottom 25% of D1 schools every time.

There is a place for everyone. Good for anyone who gets to play at the next level

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe because they "get it" and understand lacrosse ends after college. Maybe because she wants a cap of $20k a year and not a $50k school with a $10k in athletic money, maybe because she fell in love with the campus or her major, maybe its because they play really good lacrosse and she has a chance to win a D3 national championship, maybe its because she actually wants to have a life at college and not work full time on her lacrosse 5-6 hours a day. Maybe its because they don't believe the hype and understand that a top D2 or D3 scholl will beat the bottom 25% of D1 schools every time.

There is a place for everyone. Good for anyone who gets to play at the next level

Well said and I agree. Not everyone thinks like yj people do. Their self-worth is tied to which school Little Bee goes to play lacrosse, which is really sad and a major sign of insecurity. I say kudos to the young lady for (seemingly) making HER choice for HER reasons, and not listening to all of the possible peer pressure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does one "commit" to a D3 school??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kids will all commit to good schools when they decide to and the funny thing is two of them don't even play lacrosse so why do so many here talk about college commitments so much?
Is the game of lacrosse the only way to get into college?

You're on a lacrosse forum - for people to talk about lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does one "commit" to a D3 school??

Don't be an [lacrosse]. You think every YJ commit gets money to their D1 or D2 school? The answer is no. And when you get deep enough into the process the club websites just post where the kids are going to school whether they play of not.

D3 commit is simple, yes its bogus, yes there is no money but they offer up a roster spot eliminating the uncertainty of having to get through a tryout. If you pick the school, you are on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D3 has actual commits. they are legit D3 fills its recruiting classes like anyone else although no NLI is involved.
The thing gets muddled when some parents or kids puts into a website as a commitment when their kid simply decides to apply to schools. mixes in with actual recruits.
clever .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not being an [lacrosse], but let's not try and dress things up that aren't. There is a no shame in D3, I am a former D3 athlete.

But this is how it works unless things have changed a lot.

"Hello Coach I have decided to go to Faber College."

"Hey Suzy that is great!"

"I am sending in my application this weekend."

(If you are lucky.) "I can get your application fee waved for you."

"That is great that should save my parents a few dollars."

"I will call the admissions office and see what I can do. I can't promise much but I do have a little pull."

"That would be great! My SAT was a little lower than I had hoped."

"Well Suzy l will try and keep tabs on your application and do the best I can do. Make sure your parents get all their financial aid paper work in."

"Ok I will! I hope I get in."

"Me to. Look forward to you playing with us!"

The coach can say there will be no "try-out" but there is nothing holding the coach to the players spot on the team. I see this D3 "Signing Day" thing a lot.

A D3 Committing in anything less than a player's senior year is nothing more than a "Hey coach I would LIKE to play for you when I graduate HS." The coach was little power to promise anything.

Again not trying to be an [lacrosse], but I think the D3 commitment stuff is bad/mis information to people.

Even if D1/D2 do not offer much to most girls, a COMMITMENT is still a real thing in d1 d2. In D3 it is not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yea that's not the way it is . perhaps when you went it was like that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I might be out of the loop little but let me know how it is different today. What can a D3 coach school do more than that?

What is a coach offering a potential athlete for a D3 school?

I would love to know what Coach Kelly Lickert-Orr at SUNY Cortland is offering to students to "commit" to play at Cortland before her senior year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not being an [lacrosse], but let's not try and dress things up that aren't. There is a no shame in D3, I am a former D3 athlete.

But this is how it works unless things have changed a lot.

"Hello Coach I have decided to go to Faber College."

"Hey Suzy that is great!"

"I am sending in my application this weekend."

(If you are lucky.) "I can get your application fee waved for you."

"That is great that should save my parents a few dollars."

"I will call the admissions office and see what I can do. I can't promise much but I do have a little pull."

"That would be great! My SAT was a little lower than I had hoped."

"Well Suzy l will try and keep tabs on your application and do the best I can do. Make sure your parents get all their financial aid paper work in."

"Ok I will! I hope I get in."

"Me to. Look forward to you playing with us!"

The coach can say there will be no "try-out" but there is nothing holding the coach to the players spot on the team. I see this D3 "Signing Day" thing a lot.

A D3 Committing in anything less than a player's senior year is nothing more than a "Hey coach I would LIKE to play for you when I graduate HS." The coach was little power to promise anything.

Again not trying to be an [lacrosse], but I think the D3 commitment stuff is bad/mis information to people.

Even if D1/D2 do not offer much to most girls, a COMMITMENT is still a real thing in d1 d2. In D3 it is not.

It's changed. No longer that simple, it is a true "commitment" now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you sign a paper? What and when is the commitment? What are commuting too?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
out of the loop and a miserable cow. what is your goal here to demean girls who are recruited by and committing to D3 schools? what is your agenda?

Page 20 of 33 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard