BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,537
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 33 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 32 33
Re: Girls 2020 - 9th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This past summer in Indiana the difference between the two YJ 2020 teams was really dramatic. Our daughter's team played both of them at the tournament and I was at both games as a spectator. Presumably these were the top two 2020 teams YJ put together.

YJ "Gold" was decent, fine, not great, nothing special, would have been pretty run-of-the-mill back in MD.

YJ "Blue", the winners of the tournament, were absolutely next level. I have seen all the legit 2020 teams... Heros Green, M&D Black, Integrity, etc.... and this YJ Blue team was the best 2020 team I have ever seen, not an ounce of doubt.

and the best player (UNC kid) played with the 2019's

USL sanctioned tournament = kids have to play with their correct age group. Can't play down must play on age. Correct age kids played with their respective age groups true 2020's played with 2020's etc. No way around it or no way to hide it when it comes to official USL tournaments.

Wrong again, kids can play up in age.Just because you play U15 does not mean you are not U14 age.

Defensive much?

So you accuse a few kids of being held/left back in school when you have no knowledge of how old they actually are and someone calls you a moron for doing it but its their issue not yours.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]You're obviously clueless, for a kid fairly new to the sport I'm impressed as my daughter has been playing since 1st grade. I guess you have never seen that girl, and I am guessing you were not at YJ tryouts to see the job she did on those girls on both A and B. Did any non YJ players crack the A team? [/quote]

Looks like everyone on the A team had a jersey # so no outsiders cracked the top team. 3 or 4 non YJ made the B team. A few existing A's went down and a few existing B's went up. Looks like the fairest tryouts in years. I think its great that existing B's were rewarded and moved up before outsiders were put on the Curcio team like in years past

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Princeton ?

Not making the final 4. Gets the academics mark bigtime, just not high enough on the lax.

I say best combination is Northwestern.

Princeton, Stanford, Penn, Duke, Johns Hoplins, Northwestern and Notre Dame.

Good list. I don't think Stanford, Princeton, JH have a realistic shot at final 4s anymore. Stanford won't get past USC let alone the rest. Princeton is at best a 10-20 team now and might fall back a bit. JH definitely not a top 4 type team. Having said all of that, would be thrilled to have my daughter go to any of these places of course.

The question was, "What is the best combination of super high academics and at least a shot at a final four type D1 team?".

Princeton made it to the final 8 teams in 2015. Their strength of schedule has been top 10 in each of the past three years and they have knocked off such teams as Penn State, Virginia and Southern Cal they also had a very respectable 1 goal loss to a Maryland squad which won the National Championship. The Tigers continue to bring in strong recruiting classes and no doubt have a chance to make it back to the final four.

Stanford has finished the season with very respectable records (14-5, 15-3, 15-5) over the past three seasons. During that same time The Cardinal have wins Vs Ohio State, Notre Dame, Johns Hopkins, Penn State and Southern Cal. Stanford most certainly is a super high academic school that also has a very competitive lacrosse team.

Johns Hopkins has also shown that they can compete. Since 2014 Hopkins has beaten Northwestern, Duke, Penn State, Virginia, Stony Brook (a BOC favorite), Boston College and Ohio State. They also played Florida to 1 goal and Maryland to 2 goals respectfully. (Come to think of it, Princeton also beat a highly touted Stony Brook team that many on this site had going to the Final Four). With Hopkins now in the Big Ten their SOS will improve and I believe they will become even more competitive.

I think your points are all valid. I just don't think any of those 3 teams will be getting to the final 4 any time soon. In fact, I think Stanford and Princeton are taking steps backwards going forward. Looking at their recruiting classes, I would say they will maintain in the 10-20 range, not be heading into top 4 territory. JH moving to Big Ten may change things for them, you're right. Lets see how that goes. In the meantime, I think the two teams w the best combination of very challenging academics and realistic final 4 chances are Duke and NU.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're obviously clueless, for a kid fairly new to the sport I'm impressed as my daughter has been playing since 1st grade. I guess you have never seen that girl, and I am guessing you were not at YJ tryouts to see the job she did on those girls on both A and B. Did any non YJ players crack the A team? [/quote]

Looks like everyone on the A team had a jersey # so no outsiders cracked the top team. 3 or 4 non YJ made the B team. A few existing A's went down and a few existing B's went up. Looks like the fairest tryouts in years. I think its great that existing B's were rewarded and moved up before outsiders were put on the Curcio team like in years past [/quote]

Looks like you have no idea how things work, fair as in who has paid the recruiting fee or who has paid for private lessons .I guess that's fair because everyone can pay the extra but don't pretend it's purely lacrosse based. That said to those who made the top team without buying your way on congrats .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're obviously clueless, for a kid fairly new to the sport I'm impressed as my daughter has been playing since 1st grade. I guess you have never seen that girl, and I am guessing you were not at YJ tryouts to see the job she did on those girls on both A and B. Did any non YJ players crack the A team?

Looks like everyone on the A team had a jersey # so no outsiders cracked the top team. 3 or 4 non YJ made the B team. A few existing A's went down and a few existing B's went up. Looks like the fairest tryouts in years. I think its great that existing B's were rewarded and moved up before outsiders were put on the Curcio team like in years past [/quote]

Looks like you have no idea how things work, fair as in who has paid the recruiting fee or who has paid for private lessons .I guess that's fair because everyone can pay the extra but don't pretend it's purely lacrosse based. That said to those who made the top team without buying your way on congrats . [/quote]

Sorry but I don't think you can gripe this year. Everybody thought the new kids would make A. Nobody thought A kids would be dropped. The B call ups to A will always be argued because they just hit the lottery and everyone else had a losing ticket

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best player is the Virginia recruit from Mattituck, and please stop with the other kids around make that team better. After those 3 and Mt. Sinai player everybody else is a step down. That is a fact!

Thanks Jimmy, but not even close

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This past summer in Indiana the difference between the two YJ 2020 teams was really dramatic. Our daughter's team played both of them at the tournament and I was at both games as a spectator. Presumably these were the top two 2020 teams YJ put together.

YJ "Gold" was decent, fine, not great, nothing special, would have been pretty run-of-the-mill back in MD.

YJ "Blue", the winners of the tournament, were absolutely next level. I have seen all the legit 2020 teams... Heros Green, M&D Black, Integrity, etc.... and this YJ Blue team was the best 2020 team I have ever seen, not an ounce of doubt.

She is not the best player im sorry, everyone will catch up to her once they grow. best player is the BC girl.

BC doesn't like contact and the college game is twice as physical as anything seen in HS or the summer circuit. Sorry dad, but not even a close comparison

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello,
My daughter is not new I am not a YJ dad. It's a simple question.
Parents actually come on here for help. So again I'm asking if anyone could just simply list who they think are the best. I don't understand why everything is a problem on this site?
My daughter is/was on TG. High school!

Thank you in advance

# 1 is Wave
# 2 is fl$
# 3 is 91
#4 Team Elevate

i am assuming the above list is a joke and thatthe TG, YJ and liberty list is more accurate. i mean fl$ and 91 are boys clubs and the 2020 elevate team has some of the worst coaching out there. this made me chuckle. no doubt yj, tg anx liberty are the top 3 on the island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

USL sanctioned tournament = kids have to play with their correct age group. Can't play down must play on age. Correct age kids played with their respective age groups true 2020's played with 2020's etc. No way around it or no way to hide it when it comes to official USL tournaments.

If a 2020 plays on a 2019 team, that's playing up, not down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello,
Parents actually come on here for help. So again I'm asking if anyone could just simply list who they think are the best. I don't understand why everything is a problem on this site?

Thank you in advance

# 1 is Wave
# 2 is fl$
# 3 is 91
#4 Team Elevate

i am assuming the above list is a joke and thatthe TG, YJ and liberty list is more accurate. i mean fl$ and 91 are boys clubs and the 2020 elevate team has some of the worst coaching out there. this made me chuckle. no doubt yj, tg anx liberty are the top 3 on the island.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello,

Thank you in advance

# 1 is Wave
# 2 is fl$
# 3 is 91
#4 Team Elevate

I am sure the above list was a joke. YJ is still probably the best team I would take liberty over TG ESPECIALLY when it comes to coaching. I think overall Liberty has amazing coaching and I think the liberty 2019 is a great example of what good coaching can do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She is not the best player im sorry, everyone will catch up to her once they grow. best player is the BC girl.

BC doesn't like contact and the college game is twice as physical as anything seen in HS or the summer circuit. Sorry dad, but not even a close comparison

Such a dumb point... This girl is the best, not even a parent, not even from long island, in my opinion she is the best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Such a dumb point... This girl is the best, not even a parent, not even from long island, in my opinion she is the best.

This entire conversation is dumb. Everyone has an opinion as to who they think is the best and why. You could argue it endlessly (which you have). All good players and all offer different things. Should be fun to watch ALL of these girls in college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Princeton ?

Not making the final 4. Gets the academics mark bigtime, just not high enough on the lax.

I say best combination is Northwestern.

Princeton, Stanford, Penn, Duke, Johns Hoplins, Northwestern and Notre Dame.

Good list. I don't think Stanford, Princeton, JH have a realistic shot at final 4s anymore. Stanford won't get past USC let alone the rest. Princeton is at best a 10-20 team now and might fall back a bit. JH definitely not a top 4 type team. Having said all of that, would be thrilled to have my daughter go to any of these places of course.

The question was, "What is the best combination of super high academics and at least a shot at a final four type D1 team?".

Princeton made it to the final 8 teams in 2015. Their strength of schedule has been top 10 in each of the past three years and they have knocked off such teams as Penn State, Virginia and Southern Cal they also had a very respectable 1 goal loss to a Maryland squad which won the National Championship. The Tigers continue to bring in strong recruiting classes and no doubt have a chance to make it back to the final four.

Stanford has finished the season with very respectable records (14-5, 15-3, 15-5) over the past three seasons. During that same time The Cardinal have wins Vs Ohio State, Notre Dame, Johns Hopkins, Penn State and Southern Cal. Stanford most certainly is a super high academic school that also has a very competitive lacrosse team.

Johns Hopkins has also shown that they can compete. Since 2014 Hopkins has beaten Northwestern, Duke, Penn State, Virginia, Stony Brook (a BOC favorite), Boston College and Ohio State. They also played Florida to 1 goal and Maryland to 2 goals respectfully. (Come to think of it, Princeton also beat a highly touted Stony Brook team that many on this site had going to the Final Four). With Hopkins now in the Big Ten their SOS will improve and I believe they will become even more competitive.

I think your points are all valid. I just don't think any of those 3 teams will be getting to the final 4 any time soon. In fact, I think Stanford and Princeton are taking steps backwards going forward. Looking at their recruiting classes, I would say they will maintain in the 10-20 range, not be heading into top 4 territory. JH moving to Big Ten may change things for them, you're right. Lets see how that goes. In the meantime, I think the two teams w the best combination of very challenging academics and realistic final 4 chances are Duke and NU.

Lacrosse:

Northwestern, Duke, Notre Dame, Princeton, Penn, Hopkins, Stanford .

Academics:

Princeton, Stanford, Penn, Duke, Hopkins, Northwestern, Notre Dame.

Splitting hairs. All great schools with great lacrosse programs. Student athletes attending these universities are all very fortunate. Working hard in the classroom and on the athletic field is what enables young women to be presented with such incredible opportunities. Making the Final Four is great but in the end who really cares?

Let the fools worry about the ranking of club teams. Players on the teams listed above come from all over the place and they played for many different clubs. Let the meatheads worry about who the best 9th grade player is. Worry about your own kid and help her find the best fit at the best academic school possible.

Do you think the 2016 graduates from Harvard, Yale, Princeton Stanford, Columbia, Duke, Penn or Hopkins are worrying about the final four?

Eight of the Top Ten Universities in the country have competitive DI Women's Lacrosse programs. There are approximately 75 - 85 roster spots available per recruiting year.

16 of the Top 20 Universities have competitive programs. Thats another 80 or so spots.

Let the morons worry about who is best in the 9th grade. Focus on having your daughter land one of those spots.

Chief Admin
Chief Admin
If my kid made it to any of those schools mentioned above, which both of my kids did, varsity sports was NOT an option.

Great academic schools like those mentioned which a child can gain admission to should be maxed out for their career course study and networking with alum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Out of the blue question but does anybody know how many M&D 2020's have verbally committed. Is it just YJ that is moving at such a fast pace with almost 50% of the team committed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From updates on there page it looks like 6-7 M and D have committed. There is probably 3-5 that haven't announced.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello,

Thank you in advance

# 1 is Wave
# 2 is fl$
# 3 is 91
#4 Team Elevate

I am sure the above list was a joke. YJ is still probably the best team I would take liberty over TG ESPECIALLY when it comes to coaching. I think overall Liberty has amazing coaching and I think the liberty 2019 is a great example of what good coaching can do.

Thank you I didn't know that was a joke . Thank you also to [lacrosse] that posted that.
What do you think about Leg? No one mentioned Leg

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6 commits, heroes with 2, and tlc with none

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6 commits, heroes with 2, and tlc with none
TLC updates their website once every other year. You can't go by that metric to comment on verbals. Very, very poorly run club top to bottom

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She's an after thought in the must win games, when the coach is yelling to get the ball the unc kid and clear the 8, but I guess that make her an asset as a great decoy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice try. Wish the coach would call isolation plays but that never happens. The team would be better if that was the case. There are two ends of the field and some players impact the game in more ways then others. If you would watch all aspects of the game you may see things differently.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice try. Wish the coach would call isolation plays but that never happens. The team would be better if that was the case. There are two ends of the field and some players impact the game in more ways then others. If you would watch all aspects of the game you may see things differently.

You must have missed a lot of games

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
heros has 4 a few more to commit soon

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
heros has 4 a few more to commit soon

Penn State, Towson(X2) and where else?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even lil' ol' Integrity has one, to Penn State.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
florida rounds out the (4) so far

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do the B team start verbaling? Half of the A team in already is quicker than any other YJ year. For many they haven't played their first varsity game yet

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do the B team start verbaling? Half of the A team in already is quicker than any other YJ year. For many they haven't played their first varsity game yet

11th grade to Dowling

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
florida rounds out the (4) so far

Go Gators.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BC commits another girl from M&D.... that makes 5 in the class, is this the most for any school?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Leg have their first commit yet in their programs history? If not looks like they are falling behind the top programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BC commits another girl from M&D.... that makes 5 in the class, is this the most for any school?

M&D commit to Florida as well this past weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BC is expanding their roster size so taking some chances on aggressive early recruiting seems to be there thing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
If my kid made it to any of those schools mentioned above, which both of my kids did, varsity sports was NOT an option.

Great academic schools like those mentioned which a child can gain admission to should be maxed out for their career course study and networking with alum.

You mean they got their w lacrosse and then quit the team? Or they were not lacrosse players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Does Leg have their first commit yet in their programs history? If not looks like they are falling behind the top programs.

None yet. Maybe leaving YJ wasn't such a good idea.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

You mean they got their w lacrosse and then quit the team? Or they were not lacrosse players?

it's a weird post "if my kids made it" followed by "which both of my kids did" sports wasn't an option.
sounds like they made it but didn't play sports. i'm as confused as the next

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BC is expanding their roster size so taking some chances on aggressive early recruiting seems to be there thing

The girls that I know of that are committed in this class are very talented. It seems the aggressiveness for recruiting this young is happening at all of the top schools

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does TG have any commits? If so are they any good?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Does Leg have their first commit yet in their programs history? If not looks like they are falling behind the top programs.

None yet. Maybe leaving YJ wasn't such a good idea.

The team and club was founded on 2020 YJ b team girls. Has any of YJ 2020 b team girls committed yet? No. They are still on par with what they left from.

Page 19 of 33 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard