BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,695
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 20 21
Girls 2019 - 10th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It's the start of the Fall 2016/Spring 2017 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2019 - 10th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
has anyone noticed rising sophomores dropping out of their fall sport? maybe too small a sample but I have heard three lacrosse players (one committed and two not) not coming out for their fall sport. in one case the girl said not playing club soccer has her in the dog house with the coach this fall-- the coach is treating her like wood in favor of freshman that haven't ever played on the high school level apparently.

anyone seen this type of thing at your high school before or even this year??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are many parents, like myself, who are big proponents of zeroing in on one sport you love at this age, for our kids. pick one... focus on that one sport thru high school. academics and three sports a year do not mix. there is a huge percentage of injuries and burnout and unhappiness with it becoming a time burden for girls this age who overdo it with multiple sports. just no reason for it really. another important point here is that a singular high school sport is truly a year round thing at most high schools - workouts, off season practices, off season leagues.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
there are many parents, like myself, who are big proponents of zeroing in on one sport you love at this age, for our kids. pick one... focus on that one sport thru high school. academics and three sports a year do not mix. there is a huge percentage of injuries and burnout and unhappiness with it becoming a time burden for girls this age who overdo it with multiple sports. just no reason for it really. another important point here is that a singular high school sport is truly a year round thing at most high schools - workouts, off season practices, off season leagues.

Completely disagree with this post. Most top orthopedics believe that the increase in youth sports injuries is directly related to kids specializing in one sport and are proponents of playing multiple sports. School work I understand but if your kids grades decline during their chosen sport season then that is an issue.Do not know of many top high school athletes that only play one sport , particularly lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many college coaches feel same way
Until you sign on dotted line anyway

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should take into account that your child may want to participate in multiple sports in order to socialize with their friends. They can concentrate on one sport to pursue at college level but can still participate in more. Not keeping up with their studies is a different story. School comes first.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the high school coaches are driving the single sport trend as well. They seem completely aligned with the club people, always pushing the players to do every clinic, camp, offseason team, etc. maybe it's driven by wanting the best athletes playing only in their program? Or maybe it's the money.. The kids seem to be losing out either way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not going to spend the time trying to convince you because it sounds like your mind is made, but you couldn't be more wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. I know from experience playing and coaching. But parents know better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many college coaches agree. Most want their recruits playing another varsity sport in HS. My daughter is a D1 commit and a 3 sport varsity athlete. She's also on the honor roll. Time management can occasionally be challenging, but college life will be too. She's also fortunate to not have to have a part time job during the school year like I did in high school. I think her HS experiences will prepare her well.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many college coaches agree. Most want their recruits playing another varsity sport in HS. My daughter is a D1 commit and a 3 sport varsity athlete. She's also on the honor roll. Time management can occasionally be challenging, but college life will be too. She's also fortunate to not have to have a part time job during the school year like I did in high school. I think her HS experiences will prepare her well.

She should get a job. That's actually a more valuable life experience than the 3rd sport... I make that statement a bit tongue in cheek, but also as a way to prompt a little thinking. What your daughter is doing might be exactly right for her. But might not be exactly right for someone else. Ultimately, this is about passion for things, and everyone is different. Just as being a one sport athlete isn't a bad thing, neither is being a three-sport athlete (or two or none). Each situation is different. Everyone seems to claim to know what's best for everyone else. They don't. In my daughter's particular situation, she could be a three-sport athlete, but chooses to play only two. She is committed to a top ten lax program, but also likes to participate in theater. So she takes one season off to be in a school play each year. If she said she no longer enjoyed sport two, and wanted to do something else, that would be fine too. It's their lives and they should pursue what makes them happy. As long my kids find their passions and work hard, I'm good with it. I have a couple that play sports, and a couple that don't. I'm proud of all of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She should get a job. That's actually a more valuable life experience than the 3rd sport... I make that statement a bit tongue in cheek, but also as a way to prompt a little thinking. What your daughter is doing might be exactly right for her. But might not be exactly right for someone else. Ultimately, this is about passion for things, and everyone is different. Just as being a one sport athlete isn't a bad thing, neither is being a three-sport athlete (or two or none). Each situation is different. Everyone seems to claim to know what's best for everyone else. They don't. In my daughter's particular situation, she could be a three-sport athlete, but chooses to play only two. She is committed to a top ten lax program, but also likes to participate in theater. So she takes one season off to be in a school play each year. If she said she no longer enjoyed sport two, and wanted to do something else, that would be fine too. It's their lives and they should pursue what makes them happy. As long my kids find their passions and work hard, I'm good with it. I have a couple that play sports, and a couple that don't. I'm proud of all of them.

She does have a job - a summer job each year. And I totally agree that having a job in high school it is a very valuable lesson. She's certainly learned that spending money SHE earns is much different than spending mom's and dad's money. I do see your point though. Everyone's situation is different and being a one sport athlete isn't a bad thing - unless the child wants to play other sports and is being convinced not to because of the need to "specialize". HS years go by in a flash - some of the best memories are made in after school activities whether it sports, theatre, clubs, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She does have a job - a summer job each year. And I totally agree that having a job in high school it is a very valuable lesson. She's certainly learned that spending money SHE earns is much different than spending mom's and dad's money. I do see your point though. Everyone's situation is different and being a one sport athlete isn't a bad thing - unless the child wants to play other sports and is being convinced not to because of the need to "specialize". HS years go by in a flash - some of the best memories are made in after school activities whether it sports, theatre, clubs, etc.

Well.....my daughter is gender fluid and playing with the HS boys football and lacrosse teams. She is a multisport, multi-gender player and this will make her tougher when she plays against the girls in college. I got it ALL covered

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hope this entire post is sarcasm? The absolute worst thing a kid could do is become a one sport athlete. Orthopedists to coaches will tell you the same thing. We did it as kids in Jr High and HS and so should kids today, as long as their grades don't suffer of course.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hope this entire post is sarcasm? The absolute worst thing a kid could do is become a one sport athlete. Orthopedists to coaches will tell you the same thing. We did it as kids in Jr High and HS and so should kids today, as long as their grades don't suffer of course.

Really? The absolute worst thing a kid can do is play one sport??? I can think of a few other things worse. So you are saying a kid can't choose to play one sport and do other things with their time besides playing other sports? I hope you realize there are things besides sports. And poor little Michael Phelps, that one-sport athlete. He is such a loser.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? The absolute worst thing a kid can do is play one sport??? I can think of a few other things worse. So you are saying a kid can't choose to play one sport and do other things with their time besides playing other sports? I hope you realize there are things besides sports. And poor little Michael Phelps, that one-sport athlete. He is such a loser.

Actually he was a multi sport athlete in high school. Yes there are worse things a kid can do but you will struggle to find any top high school lacrosse player that does not play another sport. Go read the countless articles by orthopedic surgeons , have never read one that recommends playing 1 sport year round.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yea but lacrosse provides full rides!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are 100pct incorrect about Phelps. He only swam. He wanted to play football but his mother talked him out of it. And nobody said playing one sport year round. What they said was playing one sport, not three. And it is perfectly fine for a kid to play one sport in high school and pursue other non-athletic pursuits. And sorry, I know several collegiate athletes that did just that. I was one myself. I had other interests as well. It is often pressure from other coaches and parents that get the good athlete to play sports that they like less than the one they r passionate about. For some it's great, for others not. Not everyone wants to define themselves as only an athlete.

Actually he was a multi sport athlete in high school. Yes there are worse things a kid can do but you will struggle to find any top high school lacrosse player that does not play another sport. Go read the countless articles by orthopedic surgeons , have never read one that recommends playing 1 sport year round.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You completely missed the point of my post and the original post, but your wit and sarcasm at the end was cute, if not your reading comprehension. My point was....focusing on one sport and only playing that one sport all year round is a bad idea. I never said anything about not pursuing other interests. If your kid wants to only play one sport and takes a break from that sport while mixing in other interests (art, theater, etc.) more power to them. It's the one sport athlete, as the original post states (offseason leagues, camps, clinics, etc), that focuses all of their time and energy on that one sport that isn't good. The freaks of nature, Michael Phelps, aside. Get it now???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
" You are 100pct incorrect about Phelps. He only swam." Your quote.

Because you responded like a tool I will treat you like one.
"When he entered Towson High School, Michael toyed with the idea of going out for football, and later played on the golf team" a quote from his biography , last I checked golf is a sport.

"important point here is that a singular high school sport is truly a year round thing at most high schools - workouts, off season practices, off season leagues"
"And nobody said playing one sport year round"

I used two of your quotes here to show what a tool bag you are and thanks for telling us what a fantastic athlete you thought you were , again what a loser.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"When he entered Towson High School, Michael toyed with the idea of going out for football, and later played on the golf team" a quote from his biography , last I checked golf is a sport.

"important point here is that a singular high school sport is truly a year round thing at most high schools - workouts, off season practices, off season leagues"

I used two of your quotes here to show what a tool bag you are and thanks for telling us what a fantastic athlete you thought you were , again what a loser.

"And later played on the golf team" ... yeah ok please. Quite the cross training genius with all the answers. And while he was on the golf team, he also swam every morning toolbag.

All the coaches pay lip service to the value of multi-sport athletes. And there is truth in it. But when it comes down to it, most are hypocrites and want high schoolers to have a stick in their hand year-round. Not to mention that injuries occur not just from over use, but from playing too many sports. How about the hockey player girl in our town (D1 commit) who decided to go out for lax and tore her ACL in pre-season? How'd that multi-sport attempt work out for her?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That story sounds blatantly made up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"And later played on the golf team" ... yeah ok please. Quite the cross training genius with all the answers. And while he was on the golf team, he also swam every morning toolbag.

All the coaches pay lip service to the value of multi-sport athletes. And there is truth in it. But when it comes down to it, most are hypocrites and want high schoolers to have a stick in their hand year-round. Not to mention that injuries occur not just from over use, but from playing too many sports. How about the hockey player girl in our town (D1 commit) who decided to go out for lax and tore her ACL in pre-season? How'd that multi-sport attempt work out for her?

Your posts are so idiotic I am not convinced you actually believe what you are writing. Its funny that you think you know what most coaches believe and make up your own facts about kids playing too many sports, go look at the studies and the beliefs of the top orthopedic surgeons treating the kids with sport related injuries .Maybe the hockey girl tore her ACL because she was a one sport athlete prior to trying lacrosse you dope . Using one kid as an example to prove something is ridiculous. Its like saying playing one sport must make people stupid , just look at the example you are setting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your posts are so idiotic I am not convinced you actually believe what you are writing. Its funny that you think you know what most coaches believe and make up your own facts about kids playing too many sports, go look at the studies and the beliefs of the top orthopedic surgeons treating the kids with sport related injuries .Maybe the hockey girl tore her ACL because she was a one sport athlete prior to trying lacrosse you dope . Using one kid as an example to prove something is ridiculous. Its like saying playing one sport must make people stupid , just look at the example you are setting.

" Its like saying playing one sport must make people stupid"

How many did you play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

" Its like saying playing one sport must make people stupid"

How many did you play?

None he was too busy hanging with your wife while you pursued your other interests with your fellow thespians.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A study published in the journal Sports Health found that “for most sports, there is no evidence that intense training and specialization before [age 13 or 14] are necessary to achieve elite status. Risks of early sports specialization include higher rates of injury . . . and quitting sports at a young age.”

How big is the risk of injury if you specialize in one sport? A Loyola University Chicago study of 1,200 youth athletes found that kids who specialized in one sport were 70 percent to 93 percent more likely to be injured than multi-sport athletes.That’s a lot.

Kids who specialize in one sport also get burned out. An Ohio State University study found that kids who played a single sport were more likely to quit their sport and be physically inactive as adults.

There are a ton of studies and articles published stating the benefits of being a multi sport athlete such as the above and virtually none extoling the virtues of being a " specialized' athlete.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
A study published in the journal Sports Health found that “for most sports, there is no evidence that intense training and specialization before [age 13 or 14] are necessary to achieve elite status. Risks of early sports specialization include higher rates of injury . . . and quitting sports at a young age.”

How big is the risk of injury if you specialize in one sport? A Loyola University Chicago study of 1,200 youth athletes found that kids who specialized in one sport were 70 percent to 93 percent more likely to be injured than multi-sport athletes.That’s a lot.

Kids who specialize in one sport also get burned out. An Ohio State University study found that kids who played a single sport were more likely to quit their sport and be physically inactive as adults.

There are a ton of studies and articles published stating the benefits of being a multi sport athlete such as the above and virtually none extoling the virtues of being a " specialized' athlete.

Study shmudy, his kid's getting a full ride.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BEFORE 13-14!! The discussion was around high school sports. You make yourself look foolish when you cite a study that actually supports the opposite position. Read it again ... "A study published in the journal Sports Health found that “for most sports, there is no evidence that intense training and specialization before [age 13 or 14] are necessary to achieve elite status." Implying that after age 13-14 (high school for most but maybe u started at 16?) to achieve elite status specialization actually could be important. Nice job genius.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BEFORE 13-14!! The discussion was around high school sports. You make yourself look foolish when you cite a study that actually supports the opposite position. Read it again ... "A study published in the journal Sports Health found that “for most sports, there is no evidence that intense training and specialization before [age 13 or 14] are necessary to achieve elite status." Implying that after age 13-14 (high school for most but maybe u started at 16?) to achieve elite status specialization actually could be important. Nice job genius.

It's actually comical what an absolute moron you are .The fact that you think the above implies that tells me you have no idea how a study is done . Feel bad for your kid that she has a father who clearly has a learning disability , cannot be easy on her .According to you the studies that show overweight kids in junior high tend to stay overweight as adults implies that overweight high school kids must tend to be thin adults .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, and studies that show smoking is bad for pre-teens imply that it is good for high school and college kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we move on from this nonsense?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we move on from this nonsense?

I don't see why--- it's been very educational.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, and studies that show smoking is bad for pre-teens imply that it is good for high school and college kids.

Every study that addresses sports specialization has been done with regard to "early specialization" as defined as youth sports, as this one was. I get it tho, your daughter isn't very good at sports. It's ok. She should try the flute.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every study that addresses sports specialization has been done with regard to "early specialization" as defined as youth sports, as this one was. I get it tho, your daughter isn't very good at sports. It's ok. She should try the flute.

Moving on ... Many spots already filled at the top schools. When does the next tier start ramping up? Is it fair to say that the vast majority of top 40 D1 programs will be done/almost done by spring high school season?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone on this site know if any 2019s have committed to Michigan?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure but I heard there may be a coaching change.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone on this site know if any 2019s have committed to Michigan?

Yes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many 2019s commits does Michigan have at this point? Or how many 2019s do you know of who have committed?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CALL THE COACH AND FIND OUT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Moving on ... Many spots already filled at the top schools. When does the next tier start ramping up? Is it fair to say that the vast majority of top 40 D1 programs will be done/almost done by spring high school season?

If you listen to people on this site you would think that all D1 recruiting is done before entering 10th grade. Having been to many schools and talked to many coaches that is not even remotely close to accurate, for a very small handful of the aggressive recruiting schools maybe. I was surprised by many coaches who only start recruiting in 10th. Don't let the people on this site scare you, plenty of oppurtunity exists later in the process. Your top 50 -100 recruits may go quick, but not everybody is in a rush to commit including many coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you listen to people on this site you would think that all D1 recruiting is done before entering 10th grade. Having been to many schools and talked to many coaches that is not even remotely close to accurate, for a very small handful of the aggressive recruiting schools maybe. I was surprised by many coaches who only start recruiting in 10th. Don't let the people on this site scare you, plenty of oppurtunity exists later in the process. Your top 50 -100 recruits may go quick, but not everybody is in a rush to commit including many coaches.

No you are correct. But a lot of it will be done by the end of 10th grade. Still spots after that for sure, but not a ton.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This. My daughter talked with a coach from a competitive D1 program a couple of weeks ago and was told she was the first 2019 they have talked with, and it's new for them to reach out this early, as they usually start talking with recruits during the summer before junior year. Heard the same from several other schools in the 20-40 ranking range. Also, several top 20 schools she's talked to have several verbals, but still have plenty of open spots.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And even more spots available in other schools that are not in the top 40 but are very solid academically.
Going into panic mode and rush this decision could really cause a lot of problems later. We're more into finding that right fit for academics, social and lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moving on ... Many spots already filled at the top schools. When does the next tier start ramping up? Is it fair to say that the vast majority of top 40 D1 programs will be done/almost done by spring high school season? [/quote]

If you listen to people on this site you would think that all D1 recruiting is done before entering 10th grade. Having been to many schools and talked to many coaches that is not even remotely close to accurate, for a very small handful of the aggressive recruiting schools maybe. I was surprised by many coaches who only start recruiting in 10th. Don't let the people on this site scare you, plenty of oppurtunity exists later in the process. Your top 50 -100 recruits may go quick, but not everybody is in a rush to commit including many coaches.[/quote]

This. My daughter talked with a coach from a competitive D1 program a couple of weeks ago and was told she was the first 2019 they have talked with, and it's new for them to reach out this early, as they usually start talking with recruits during the summer before junior year. Heard the same from several other schools in the 20-40 ranking range. Also, several top 20 schools she's talked to have several verbals, but still have plenty of open spots. [/quote]

Yup, and most of those spots, as the original post asks, will be gone by next summer. There are no top 40 programs that start talking to their first recruits the summer before their junior years. Used to be, but not any more. Heck, a friends daughter in the 2020 grade has already been contacted by schools below the top 40. They r lying if they say they aren't talking to recruits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does it make sense to consider a school like Syracuse or florida just because the team is so strong? the academics are so mediocre and they will give so much to the team. I mean, will a young lady with a BA from a school like this have anything to offer a super competitive job market?? confused here please give guidance if yah have it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse is over in 4 years. Your college degree is forever. Send your kid to the best academic school you can

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Finally, someone who gets it!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So are all the other sports for 99.9% of the kids on LI...but those people are just as crazy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse is over in 4 years. Your college degree is forever. Send your kid to the best academic school you can

And that they r a fit for. It does them no good if they get to Harvard and fail out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And that they r a fit for. It does them no good if they get to Harvard and fail out.

Better to have tried and failed than to have never tried at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ok. disagree in this case, but you're entitled to your opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That sounds like and expensive approach to college. I prefer to pick strong academics where we know that my daughter can succeed and also play D1 because she wants to. I would have been totally thrilled with D3 and all their academically strong schools. But, she's worked hard to get to this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That sounds like and expensive approach to college. I prefer to pick strong academics where we know that my daughter can succeed and also play D1 because she wants to. I would have been totally thrilled with D3 and all their academically strong schools. But, she's worked hard to get to this point.

Amen!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
umm. Harvard is D1 and also pretty strong academically. the hardest part of an Ivy League school is getting in. it is not that different than many other strong academic colleges once you get there. staying in is not a huge deal in other words.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
umm. Harvard is D1 and also pretty strong academically. the hardest part of an Ivy League school is getting in. it is not that different than many other strong academic colleges once you get there. staying in is not a huge deal in other words.

Ivies are different in that they don't provide the academic infrastructure of non-ivies to help athletes. Stanford and Duke, for instance, provide tutoring and time management help through their student-athlete academic services departments. Quite a big difference. It is true that the hardest part is getting in. But for laxers (and other athletes) it's much easier, and that can be great, or a problem. The football team at Harvard, for example, over recruits by close to 50% because they know that many kids will drop football/not cut it academically because it can be overwhelming for a kid who isn't a good fit. It is important to make sure a school is a good fit for your kid. Just because they can get in, doesn't make it the right place.

Now if your kid gets into Harvard, Stanford, Duke and Northwestern, I'm not saying they should go to a much weaker academic school instead. What I am saying is that these highly competitive academic schools have differences, and one might fit a kid better than another.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen!

I would rather teach my children to always set their goals high and to work diligently to exceed their goals while constantly looking for new challenges and setting new goals. What schools they go to and what level they play is not important. The important thing is that they set goals, work hard and enjoy what they are doing. Playing it safe and looking for the sure thing is no way to go through life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the old line was 'you can get a potted plant into U. of Florida' .. but to play Lacrosse you have to be a stud. guess the game is more important for the parents ultimately.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Academic snob huh? Probly a lot of ivy leagers working for the state school graduates. Get off your high horse okay..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very quiet on the 19 thread

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

'19s have gotten recruited faster and in greater numbers than 18s. I'm told it was both the constant progression of things getting earlier coupled w the fact that the '19 age group nationally was better both at the top and deeper. Any comments?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Relax Heros dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the Club movement has peaked and is about to collapse. These greedy, egomaniacal, couldn't give a rats red a** about the kids club directors have overplayed their hands. the commitment is 3x the time and 2x the money it was just 5 or 6 years ago. I think people have just had enough. anyone else got the same hunch?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am very sure the various club directors would disagree with the "peaked" aspect....
But until us common folk rise up and demand accountability and transparency as we would any other business, things will keep chugging along while we lemmings support the travel machine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 commit from Integrity to U of Florida. That makes four 2019 commits for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure if that is boasting but heros and mnd have many more. Congrats to all the girls

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure if that is boasting but heros and mnd have many more. Congrats to all the girls

It is a little boasting, but the point I was trying to make is there are very good players on teams other than M&D. Integrity is in the second tier of teams behind M&D, no question. Their philosophy is one team per age group to keep the drama down, and to try to put out the best team they can at that particular age group. And, more to your answer, you have to remember that this is not a contest to see who can get the most girls recruited. It's a means to get the girls into a college that they are comfortable in at a discounted tuition, while also playing lacrosse. And, I echo your comment...Good luck to all the girls, regardless of which club they play for or which school they choose.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes it's boasting, not to mention obnoxious, but thank you for again telling us how superior your daughters club is, insecure much? Can you now allow other girls and other clubs to have a little sunshine also?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes it's boasting, not to mention obnoxious, but thank you for again telling us how superior your daughters club is, insecure much? Can you now allow other girls and other clubs to have a little sunshine also?

Take it easy on them, only boasting if they are doing better than other clubs and rubbing it in. Not the case here, other top clubs have around 30 2019's committed at this point. Lay off, say congrats, and wish the girl(s) good luck. A commit to FL is a great accomplishment no matter what club you come from!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take it easy on them, only boasting if they are doing better than other clubs and rubbing it in. Not the case here, other top clubs have around 30 2019's committed at this point. Lay off, say congrats, and wish the girl(s) good luck. A commit to FL is a great accomplishment no matter what club you come from!

People...it's not a contest to see who has the "best" club based on the number of commits. Nobody actual intelligent grownups give a crap which teams is "best". Only over-zealous, frustrated jock parents care about that crap. Give 'em a break...they're probably working with limited intelligence.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Not sure if that is boasting but heros and mnd have many more. Congrats to all the girls

People...it's not a contest to see who has the "best" club based on the number of commits. Nobody actual intelligent grownups give a crap which teams is "best". Only over-zealous, frustrated jock parents care about that crap. Give 'em a break...they're probably working with limited intelligence. [/quote

Funniest post ever without trying to be funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
numb n***. who has 30 2019's committed?? Jackets has low twenties and obviously way ahead of all others. why is there such a lack of factual info on the site right now? no one messes with the bee.. come with some facts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just heard a rumor that CR had a vasectomy a week ago. LOL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ have 26 but who's counting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ have 26 but who cares? most will end up riding the bench. They just aren't that good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they aint being given spots at top collegese for their great academic records or because the schools will benrfit from having a bunch of parents with tats on their arms and moms with big hair like the 80's.. its because they can flat out play. no other reason. get real

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ have 26 but who cares? most will end up riding the bench. They just aren't that good.

Really? what club does your daughter play for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? what club does your daughter play for?

One that's better than them. Sorry, the 2019 YJ is just not that great. They're good, just not 26 early D1 commit good. There are at least 4 teams better than them in this age group, and quite frankly you can't usually say that about YJ teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a YJ parent but based on results I don't think you can come up with 4 better teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So when you say there are 4 betters teams then them, that would mean those other teams would have winning records against them, correct?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This should be a good answer, cant wait to hear the logic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So when you say there are 4 betters teams then them, that would mean those other teams would have winning records against them, correct?

M&D, Heros, Skywalkers, Capital, TLC, Mass Elite probably more ... All at least as good. In the case of M&D, not even a discussion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The YJ B team is almost as good as A. But A isn't as good as a usual YJ team. And look out below the 19's. It goes downhill from there. No wonder CR is trying to get out now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The YJ B team is almost as good as A. But A isn't as good as a usual YJ team. And look out below the 19's. It goes downhill from there. No wonder CR is trying to get out now.

Yep. The 20's are not good, and since she can read the writing on the tarnished wall, she is punching out! Doesn't want to go down with the ship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D, Heros, Skywalkers, Capital, TLC, Mass Elite probably more ... All at least as good. In the case of M&D, not even a discussion.

How did it work out for M&D at lax for the cure this summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think your making any friends with the Heros parents, I'm pretty sure they would like to be left out of this discussion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So all of these teams beat YJ blue ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say based on results they are all evenly matched. Not sure if Mass elite belongs in that group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say based on results they are all evenly matched. Not sure if Mass elite belongs in that group

Funny. College coaches disagree w you. But I'm sure you know better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What results are you looking at? co-champs spring club championships, finalist summer genesis, champs nat draw, champs lax for the cure, champs u15...in championship format tournaments...2-0 vs M&D, 4-0 vs heros, 1-0 vs capital...lost to skywalkers in summer genesis final...other teams never made it deep enough in tourney to play yj...it all started with some jacka$$ stating team wasnt any good and ATLEAST 4 teams were better than them...choke on the results

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was the poster sticking up for them, but in typical YJ fashion you have to start pounding your chest and leave out some results that suit you. How about G8

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was the poster sticking up for them, but in typical YJ fashion you have to start pounding your chest and leave out some results that suit you. How about G8

Great point. loss to M&D, tie w TLC and Capital.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Evidently the "G" in G8 doesn't stand for great. Any tournament with Md United and YJ 19 in it is not great. Wait...maybe the "G" stands for Good. That makes more sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Evidently the "G" in G8 doesn't stand for great. Any tournament with Md United and YJ 19 in it is not great. Wait...maybe the "G" stands for Good. That makes more sense.

Lol...which teams do you consider great in this age group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D and thats it....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D and thats it....

So, if a team wins 2 out of 3 against M&D, (8-4 and then 4-2 in 20 min championship game) vs losing 7-5 in a showcase...Any rational sports person would say these two teams are in the same league at least, if not saying the team that beat them twice may even be better...No chest pounding here G8 posters

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol...which teams do you consider great in this age group?

On Long Island the best two teams in this age group are YJ and Liberty - we have played almost all teams in this age group from LI and these two teams are very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are our G8 pals..."great 8 should be good 8" facts got in the way of your fun? I have more results if you want, but your not going to win this one...staying away is the smart move.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are our G8 pals..."great 8 should be good 8" facts got in the way of your fun? I have more results if you want, but your not going to win this one...staying away is the smart move.

Ask Carol if its Great or good. it is her tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask Carol if its Great or good. it is her tournament

Seems like its great for recruiting...prob 60-70 kids committed...serves its purpose

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
having a panic attack. the only school interested in my daughter is an Ivy. so 60k a year will just about wipe me out but I guess it could be great for her future.. the panic is around the grades. does anyone know what kind of GPA these Ivies need?? any info. would be appreciated..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
having a panic attack. the only school interested in my daughter is an Ivy. so 60k a year will just about wipe me out but I guess it could be great for her future.. the panic is around the grades. does anyone know what kind of GPA these Ivies need?? any info. would be appreciated..

First of all the Ivies have great need-based help so u very well might get some money. The grades depend on how good your daughter is and which Ivy. Hasn't the coach told you? standard comment is A's and B's in the toughest courses (honors/AP) preferably more As than Bs. But the best recruit can be a bit lower, a weaker lax player can be recruited for great grades.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No the coach didn't bring it up when we met. Going for a second visit in a couple weeks. Guess I will find out then.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the only school interested is an IVY? i'll venture a guess that she is an exceptional student . as previous poster pointed out the teams need a GPA stud to raise the whole teams overall GPA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well I misspoke on that. 3 or 4 other schools have reached out but she doesn't like them for one reason or another. so my worry is the grades- a 3.3 GPA. maybe I should be proactive and bring it up to them before I drive 2 hours.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well I misspoke on that. 3 or 4 other schools have reached out but she doesn't like them for one reason or another. so my worry is the grades- a 3.3 GPA. maybe I should be proactive and bring it up to them before I drive 2 hours.

A 3.3 wont work unless she's an absolute star. Also, she will need at least a 1350 SAT. Again, unless she's a star.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No the coach didn't bring it up when we met. Going for a second visit in a couple weeks. Guess I will find out then.
At Ivy's it is all about the academic index and they take UNWEIGHTED GPAs. So you can't take no AP or Honors classes, but an A counts equally in their formula AP/Honors class or not which is why the Ivy coaches will tell you only take AP/Honors in the subjects your kid is trongest in, regular classes in the others. And test scores - ACT or SAT - counts 2x your GPA for Academic Index (AI) calculations, so test scores matter a lot and can be very valuable to an Ivy coach. They have some leeway for the highest rated recruits as they need to hit an overall AI score for the whole class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's really helpful thank you..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't panic and do not listen to the majority of trolls on this site.

There are some on this sight who can offer valuable insight but most are jealous, bitter, know nothing haters.

If an Ivy is expressing interest go take a look and hear what the coach has to say. Let the coach tell you and your daughter what GPA and Test scores she will need. She is a 2019 right? There is time to pull the grades and test scores up if you need to. I do not know the Index minimum but I do know that if the coach really wants your daughter they will wait and see if she can get the required marks. Don't listen to anyone on this site who tells you that you need to have xyz in order to get into an Ivy or you will only get xyz scholarship or you will not be able to get a real degree. They are jealous, bitter, hateful POS. They think because it didn't happen for their daughter it can't happen for your daughter.

It can happen. Your daughter can find a great fit. Go for gold and always listen to the schools who express interest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ivy's have a need based tuition. It is a little different for each Ivy, but they are all pretty close, since their Alumni endowment is larger than most schools. They also take into account other financial obligations you have and where you live. If your making $125k on LI, you will probably get 30-40k in aid. The link below is the aid calculator Princeton uses and is pretty accurate. So don't stress too much. Good luck!
http://admission.princeton.edu/financialaid/estimator

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I'm confused.

If my kid is a 2019 and is committed should I:

A. Feel like a bad parent for letting them commit at a young age.
B. Realize that they will never get a good education because you can't at a D1 program

C. Fret that they will be forced to pick a major they don't want
D. Automatically assume they will never see the field
E. Realize there are a lot of jealous, uninformed parents out there always looking to put kids and their families down

Hmmm.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
F. my what clever musings.... who cares ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
G. Be secure enough in your decision to not care what everyone else thinks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
H. remember when you were so concerned with everyone else and put them down. while waiting to make your big announcement

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I. figure out how can I be more of a pompous [lacrosse]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
maybe this doesn't need to go all the way to Z. has anyone looked at the photos of fall ball play days on Laxmagazine? the game is flat physical. gotta be the most physical game this side of football. these girls are jacked, and they just get that stick straight sideways and jam it into the offensive players ribs!!

all these sophomores need to be hitting the weights big time if they have any hope of surviving the punishment the game dishes out in college...no wonder the girls have black and blue tri's at the end of a season. viscous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
H. remember when you were so concerned with everyone else and put them down. while waiting to make your big announcement

Thanks for rising to the occasion and making the point. Knew you would. And knew it wouldn't take you long.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Steps beat or tied all of those teams multiple time...Steps 8-7 over Heroes Steps tie Skywalkers 7-7 Steps Beats Mass Elite all at the G8 Fall 2015 Steps beats YJ19 6-5 and Tops Guns 7-6 hmmmm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Steps beat or tied all of those teams multiple time...Steps 8-7 over Heroes Steps tie Skywalkers 7-7 Steps Beats Mass Elite all at the G8 Fall 2015 Steps beats YJ19 6-5 and Tops Guns 7-6 hmmmm

What i see are teams very close to each other, why the bragadisimo. Id say way to go all of those teams!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I completely agree. they all play very close games and on any given day the games can go either way...just think Steps needs to be mentioned in the conversation once in a while. all good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I completely agree...the teams seem to pretty even at that level and games can go either way on any given day...just think Steps should be mentioned in these conversations once in a while..all good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hmmm didnot go on here to duke it out..just a friendly point..might want to take a look a current commit list for Steps ....not bad..Have a wonderful day

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you have to include T3 in the conversation also...they beat steps in that fallball showcase that steps is so conveniently left out...steps had an awesome G8...they are very good in showcases...how many tournaments have they won? Zero...their lifetime record is like 1-8 against YJ also...give the whole picture pls

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is not true. Steps has not beaten Mass Elite. They tied at Lax for the Cure 6-6 and Mass Elite beat Steps at G8 this year 8-6. Those are the only two times they have played.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is not true. Steps has not beaten Mass Elite. They tied at Lax for the Cure 6-6 and Mass Elite beat Steps at G8 this year 8-6. Those are the only two times they have played.

Have either of these two ever won a good tournament? 2nd tier at best...nothing wrong with that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You would think the 2019 parent group would of learned by now the game tourney and showcase results are kind of meaningless. Apparently not. Tourneys and showcases exist for the sole purpose of highlighting a players ability in club ball. No one on here factors into account some teams play absolutely evenly and some play their top 12 while the rest of the poor girls stand on the sideline and watch so the team can say we win. Frankly some of the best teams in this age group you don't hear a peep from. But keep commmeting on how good or how 2nd tier some teams are if it makes you feel good. Every team mentioned on here has had their good and bad days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have either of these two ever won a good tournament? 2nd tier at best...nothing wrong with that.

ME 2019 has best top 10 in country --- signed the members of the IWLCA. Sorry YJ. Better players, smarter, better college commitments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ME 2019 has best top 10 in country --- signed the members of the IWLCA. Sorry YJ. Better players, smarter, better college commitments.
STEPS 2019 has 9 commits so far including 3 Notre Dame, 1 Northwestern, 1 Stanford, 1 Florida, 1 Princeton. Not too shabby and great schools. Not saying they are the best just saying they consistently have girls commit to top lacrosse schools and academic schools year after year. Doing something right, as are a number of the better clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

STEPS 2019 has 9 commits so far including 3 Notre Dame, 1 Northwestern, 1 Stanford, 1 Florida, 1 Princeton. Not too shabby and great schools. Not saying they are the best just saying they consistently have girls commit to top lacrosse schools and academic schools year after year. Doing something right, as are a number of the better clubs.

Very good. Girls should be congratulated. Great schools. Much better than YJ.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, some parents need to understand that most of us are putting in all this time and money to secure the best college placement for our daughters....not too worried about coming out with the best record at the weekend money-grab tourney....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, some parents need to understand that most of us are putting in all this time and money to secure the best college placement for our daughters....not too worried about coming out with the best record at the weekend money-grab tourney....

Mass Elite 2018s
Stanford, Stanford, Northwestern, Northwestern, Harvard, Georgetown, Georgetown, Yale and more

Mass Elite 2019s
Stanford, Princeton, Northwestern, Northwestern, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Richmond and more

Agree with you. Sounds like Steps and Mass Elite aren't so second tier when it comes to what matters most.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very good. Girls should be congratulated. Great schools. Much better than YJ.

if by better you mean 2x as expensive tuition wise then yes by all means the 9 they has is way better than the 26 YJ has. more to a great college degree and experience than a 60k price tag..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear you, def first tier in academics...i'm betting those are mostly private and wealthy kids...good for them...none of those schools are coming close to winning a title...M&D,skywalkers,heros and yj have kids going to those schools and also schools that will win a title. Mass Elite and Steps could be the most insecure clubs in this age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should check the top ten lacrosse rankings as well as the top ten colleges academically - you'd be surprised. I guess Ohio State, Stony Brook, and Navy are closer to winning national championships than ND or Northwestern or Stanford?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear you, def first tier in academics...i'm betting those are mostly private and wealthy kids...good for them...none of those schools are coming close to winning a title...M&D,skywalkers,heros and yj have kids going to those schools and also schools that will win a title. Mass Elite and Steps could be the most insecure clubs in this age group.

I would say YJ is. The 2019 YJs aren't as good as the teams that have come before them, and the parents can't seem to accept that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's probably true but based on recent history it is hard to make a case for any program other than UNC or Maryland winning the title. Maybe USC in a few years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would say YJ is. The 2019 YJs aren't as good as the teams that have come before them, and the parents can't seem to accept that.

2019s in 5 tournaments: 3 champs,1 co champ and 1 2nd. Man, those teams that came before them must have really been something, i guess they won all the tournaments they entered. With those wins and 26 commits to decent schools, seems like they did ok. One other thing, if your not a yj parent, you really keep track of the yj teams of the past? LIttle Weird

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2019s in 5 tournaments: 3 champs,1 co champ and 1 2nd. Man, those teams that came before them must have really been something, i guess they won all the tournaments they entered. With those wins and 26 commits to decent schools, seems like they did ok. One other thing, if your not a yj parent, you really keep track of the yj teams of the past? LIttle Weird

Have had daughters play them moron. And now have one in this age group. Maybe you don't know it, but the 2019 YJs are nowhere near what some of the classes that have come before them were like. You can keep coming back to the 26 commits if you want. That just speaks to the marketing machine, and it's a good one. Your insecurity is showing through loud and clear.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have had daughters play them moron. And now have one in this age group. Maybe you don't know it, but the 2019 YJs are nowhere near what some of the classes that have come before them were like. You can keep coming back to the 26 commits if you want. That just speaks to the marketing machine, and it's a good one. Your insecurity is showing through loud and clear.

So we're supposed to take your word for what teams were considered the best, Who the [lacrosse] are you? Throw some age groups out there, and while your at it, your club. In regard to the 26 commit comment, steps and mass elite posting schools their kids are going to, to show their teams are good. i say yj has 26 commits and you say team isnt good, its all marketing. Can't have it both ways girls lax guru

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well not really. No Stanford, no Princeton, no Harvard, no Northwestern. So no, YJ does not have many 2019 kids going to "those schools".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So we're supposed to take your word for what teams were considered the best, Who the [lacrosse] are you? Throw some age groups out there, and while your at it, your club. In regard to the 26 commit comment, steps and mass elite posting schools their kids are going to, to show their teams are good. i say yj has 26 commits and you say team isnt good, its all marketing. Can't have it both ways girls lax guru

YJ is good. I did not say they aren't good. Just not as good as older teams. You know it, I know it. Everyone who has been around for a while knows it. And not as good as you want them to be. It's ok. Don't have to go too far back. Try your 2018 team for starters. 2016 team, a wagon. 2019, not in the same category.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

214 and 2015 were better

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well not really. No Stanford, no Princeton, no Harvard, no Northwestern. So no, YJ does not have many 2019 kids going to "those schools".

Yeah, your right, only have yale, 4 dukes, nd, 2 Uvas to go along with a few umd,unc and cuse kids who will prob win a few national titles...seems like a pretty good mix

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the 2008 and 2009 were better than the 14s and 15s. I never said they were the best team ever, just saying they're pretty good. People coming on here saying 19s are the worst top team ever and how all these other 19 teams are better...it gets old, don't know what this team has done to anybody...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, your right, only have yale, 4 dukes, nd, 2 Uvas to go along with a few umd,unc and cuse kids who will prob win a few national titles...seems like a pretty good mix

a great mix. and the added benefit is they can avoid the insane liberal ramblings of the Princeton and Harvard elites railing against capitalism and other American values. see how that works out.. 60k for the pleasure

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the 2008 and 2009 were better than the 14s and 15s. I never said they were the best team ever, just saying they're pretty good. People coming on here saying 19s are the worst top team ever and how all these other 19 teams are better...it gets old, don't know what this team has done to anybody...

Decent age group, but less competitive than usual for YJ. Most age groups have a strong core and a few standout studs to carry them through the tough games. This age has a very solid core but missing the few horses to ride on. Still have to be considered in top 5 in nation, and that's great. The only team YJ needs to worry about is 2023, right now they are way off the mark.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually I think the 2016 did win all the tournaments they entered when they were rising sophomores but I could be wrong

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

sorry UVA is not in same category. Yale and Dukes yup. so actually fewer kids going to top academic schools you r right. But they are all great kids I'm sure and have great situations for each of them. They are to be commended. They just aren't the dominant team that prior YJ teams have been. they r very good, on par w other top teams, they just don't stand out like some of the others did.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. "UVA is not in the same category." College tier-rankings by a lacrosse dad. You can see the full list of his top schools on his red cup.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I hear you, def first tier in academics...i'm betting those are mostly private and wealthy kids...good for them...none of those schools are coming close to winning a title...M&D,skywalkers,heros and yj have kids going to those schools and also schools that will win a title. Mass Elite and Steps could be the most insecure clubs in this age group.

a great mix. and the added benefit is they can avoid the insane liberal ramblings of the Princeton and Harvard elites railing against capitalism and other American values. see how that works out.. 60k for the pleasure[/quo

Ahhhh. The guy who knows all about American values. Probably voting for the guy that wants to limit free speech, doesn't actually understand capitalism (see free trade), wants to ban an entire religion, admits to assaulting women, thinks brutal dictators are the guys to emulate as President of the United States ... you mean those American values? Not the American values that Ronald Reagan espoused. I'd gladly send my kid to the same Princeton and Harvard that that bastion of Liberalism, Ted Cruz, attended. How could that be possible????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UVA is a top 3 public university, beautiful campus and fantastic athletic support--you are clueless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I hear you, def first tier in academics...i'm betting those are mostly private and wealthy kids...good for them...none of those schools are coming close to winning a title...M&D,skywalkers,heros and yj have kids going to those schools and also schools that will win a title. Mass Elite and Steps could be the most insecure clubs in this age group.

a great mix. and the added benefit is they can avoid the insane liberal ramblings of the Princeton and Harvard elites railing against capitalism and other American values. see how that works out.. 60k for the pleasure[/quo

Ahhhh. The guy who knows all about American values. Probably voting for the guy that wants to limit free speech, doesn't actually understand capitalism (see free trade), wants to ban an entire religion, admits to assaulting women, thinks brutal dictators are the guys to emulate as President of the United States ... you mean those American values? Not the American values that Ronald Reagan espoused. I'd gladly send my kid to the same Princeton and Harvard that that bastion of Liberalism, Ted Cruz, attended. How could that be possible????

good. Hopefully Stiglitz or one of the others will talk her into be a community organizer or pro bono advocate. need more of those. 60k donation well spent.. enjoy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or maybe she'll get the best education in the country while playing a sport she loves. Ivies supply plenty of financial aid for those in need. Your bitterness is evident

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Or maybe she'll get the best education in the country while playing a sport she loves. Ivies supply plenty of financial aid for those in need. Your bitterness is evident

grab the tape in the middle of your glasses and take the pens and pocket protector out of your shirt pocket. "your bitterness is evident"??? thems fightin' words.. yikes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its truly amazing to read these weak minded comments from some of these forum trolls. Wow. Bashing which schools are this and which schools are that... How about this trolls:These girls have accomplished something that 99% of kids have not. They worked hard in both the classroom and on the field and earned an opportunity of a lifetime! Kudos to all these girls!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or maybe she'll get the best education in the country while playing a sport she loves. Ivies supply plenty of financial aid for those in need. Your bitterness is evident

no, not bitter. scared for what openly socialist professors are teaching these impressionable kids. and planning on paying for my kids college myself, not gonna rely on debt or need based anything. but in return I'd like them to learn about productive enterprise. self reliance and hard work not transfer payment mindset and rabble rousing so common on elitist university campuses these days..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And you think that is exclusive to elitist university campuses?? Whatever you mean by elitist...it is on almost every college campus, there was a reason why Bernie Sanders had the college vote by far.
It is up to the individual student to take away what they need to.
My goodness stop debating what is better, pick a school that feels right academically and athletically and get on with it. No one size fits all for anyone and no one is better than anyone else D1, D2, or D3.
All is good if the girl and family is happy...that's all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

no, not bitter. scared for what openly socialist professors are teaching these impressionable kids. and planning on paying for my kids college myself, not gonna rely on debt or need based anything. but in return I'd like them to learn about productive enterprise. self reliance and hard work not transfer payment mindset and rabble rousing so common on elitist university campuses these days..

YAWN. And really just a distraction from the topic, which is that YJ 2019 is a very good, not great team and not in the same league as prior iterations. That is NOT an indictment on the girls. They have all done great things and have great college opportunities. They just are not the dominant lacrosse force that teams before them have been.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah ok. No successful "productive enterprise" people coming out of Harvard, Stanford, Princeton etc. You done be a moron. But of course arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the bird is going to S#@! on the board and strut around like it won anyway. Commence strutting, dude.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah ok. No successful "productive enterprise" people coming out of Harvard, Stanford, Princeton etc. You done be a moron. But of course arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the bird is going to S#@! on the board and strut around like it won anyway. Commence strutting, dude.

what a burn. and the street lingo made it that much more legit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was a legit point. To claim that Harvard and Princeton don't produce productive, enterprising, self-reliant and hard-working graduates is about as stupid a comment as I have seen on here. And there's a lot of competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was a legit point. To claim that Harvard and Princeton don't produce productive, enterprising, self-reliant and hard-working graduates is about as stupid a comment as I have seen on here. And there's a lot of competition.

hey counselor (very glad your not mine) at no point did I say there are NO hard working or enterprising young folks at Harvard or Princeton. don't project onto me a blanket stupid statement. simply said I'd rather the professors like Stiglitz and others not bad mouth our country and our capitalist system while I pay them 60k. if you chose to be in company with socialists that's your business. go crazy have at it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a lax forum, i know everybody wants to send their kids to the best academic schools, but come on its getting a little crazy...go find an academic forum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hey counselor (very glad your not mine) at no point did I say there are NO hard working or enterprising young folks at Harvard or Princeton. don't project onto me a blanket stupid statement. simply said I'd rather the professors like Stiglitz and others not bad mouth our country and our capitalist system while I pay them 60k. if you chose to be in company with socialists that's your business. go crazy have at it.

"but in return I'd like them to learn about productive enterprise. self reliance and hard work not transfer payment mindset and rabble rousing so common on elitist university campuses these days.." your words idiot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a lax forum, i know everybody wants to send their kids to the best academic schools, but come on its getting a little crazy...go find an academic forum.

I tried the academic forum first but there are a bunch of YJ parents over there talking lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I tried the academic forum first but there are a bunch of YJ parents over there talking lacrosse.

yeah and now that there's professional women's lacrosse they are going to make tons of dough now. so stop with the books and grades and junk

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
too legit to quit /// oooh ohh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody have examples of girls committing without going to that particular college's camp? I'm curious, because I don't know of any. And I think it makes sense. But I believe it shows the low value represented by tournaments as it relates to recruiting. (I think there are other benefits like improving your game, having fun with teammates etc.) I think narrowing list to realistic places to play and then attending camps is the best bang for the buck. Thoughts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, I have a 2019 that is sitting on offers from several of her top schools (did not go to their camps) and is waiting on several others whose camps she did attend...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, I have a 2019 that is sitting on offers from several of her top schools (did not go to their camps) and is waiting on several others whose camps she did attend...

Ok thx. The ones where she didn't attend camps, how did that process start and then evolve? I assume they saw her at tournaments and then she visited campus etc? Congrats to your daughter and best of luck with decision.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My 2019 committed after not attending camp. She had an offer from another school after not attending camp. She also did attend a camp that paid off in terms of that coach immediately reaching out.
All her looks from various schools came from fall and summer recruit tourneys, and, other venues such as select games, select events. If someone notices your daughter at tourneys, it is a fast turnaround in terms of them reaching out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why you waiting? offers just ok? just trying to get a feel whats going on. thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So basically you need to do a mix of tournaments,clinics and camps?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, she plays on a top club team and was recognized during the summer tourney season--made trips to campuses soon after schools reached out to club. Hang in there--if your daughter wants to play in college there are many opportunities she will have

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter got interest from summer tourney from a school that she didn't doncamp Got invite to campus etc. she also go interest from camps at 2 other schools she was interested in as well with offers. Schools do like for kids to come to camp
Because it's a more
Personal setting to evaluate the player. I guess it really depends on the coach and how they recruit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agreed on fast turn around. But our experience was that after that, the next step was usually to come either to camp, or to prospect day (which often had a clinic/camp that weekend) etc. seemed to us that most places, at least towards the upper end of D1 programs, liked to get first-hand experience and be able to coach directly. Interesting to hear that is not how it works sometimes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody have examples of girls committing without going to that particular college's camp? I'm curious, because I don't know of any. And I think it makes sense. But I believe it shows the low value represented by tournaments as it relates to recruiting. (I think there are other benefits like improving your game, having fun with teammates etc.) I think narrowing list to realistic places to play and then attending camps is the best bang for the buck. Thoughts?
Our experience was that our daughter got noticed at tournaments and then coaches reached out to her club coach and schedules calls to get to know her and express interest. In two cases she went to their camps during her rising sophomore summer and was then offered, and in another case she didn't go to their camp but did a visit with other top recruits and they offered after that. If the notion is skip the tournaments and just do the camps, I think that is a flawed approach. The coaches typically identify who they have interest in at the tournaments and then schedule calls, invite to camp and or a visit and then offer if academics and athletics are a match.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Happy to share: We are making our daughter wait for the following reasons: 1) no school with offer on the table has given her a deadline (yet); 2) she is barely 15 and even though she thinks she knows everything already we as her parents feel it is important to take our time with this decision; 3) fall tourney season starts in a week and this may provide more opportunities if she plays well; 4) she would be happy with taking one of the offers she has, but we are waiting to see if one of the "are you kidding me you can get into that school!" programs offers her after the fall season assuming she plays well. This will be her only opportunity to go through this process (and yes, I understand that it is non-binding at this point) so we think it is important to take our time. I have been through this with older children and I don't feel the need to allow her commit early so that she can crow about it to Ty Xanders and others who trumpet this stuff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This past summer my step daughter commited as a rising soph to a top tier d1 team. At this point my husband is questioning whether that was a wise choice. Maybe should've waited for fall tournaments as perhaps a sweeter offer would come. I have however heard(and not sure if true) that once a kid boy or girl commits, it brings the other coaches curiosity up. There's poaching in everything

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, that's why we have counselled our daughter to wait-- we will be more informed buyers after the fall season. I can understand committing earlier if it is a "are you kidding me you can get into that school!" but in our book there are only 2 or 3 of those for us and they have not offered her yet. Now, if one of those 2 or 3 schools does not offer her at the end of the fall season, she will gladly accept one of the offers she already has or potentially consider others that might come in during/after fall ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, that's why we have counselled our daughter to wait-- we will be more informed buyers after the fall season. I can understand committing earlier if it is a "are you kidding me you can get into that school!" but in our book there are only 2 or 3 of those for us and they have not offered her yet. Now, if one of those 2 or 3 schools does not offer her at the end of the fall season, she will gladly accept one of the offers she already has or potentially consider others that might come in during/after fall ball.

Funny you say that. My daughter got a good offer from a school she really doesn't love. So we didn't do anything with that right now. However if her top choice offered today. Sold!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious as to the " are you kidding me list ", unless your child is top 5 in their class and 1400 sat ( which she may be ) that is a long list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would imagine the "are you kidding me you can get into that school!" list is the top 3 or 4 schools of US News WR that have competitive lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We waited until Fall of junior year after visiting several schools. Decided on a D2 3 hours away instead of D1 a plane ride away. 2 of my daughters friends jumped the gun and committed as sophomores to D1 schools that they never visited and now as seniors are realizing they will be 4-5 hour plane ride from home AND the current freshmen did not play much in their fall season and are miserable. Another girl we know was forced to commit to a school near Canada because it was her only offer and her obnoxious father wants to tell people she's playing D-1. I predict all will be home after first season. Parents- do your homework. Trust your daughters, nobody cares what division they play for- let them make the decision! They're the ones that will be going away, not you! Offers will come right up until senior year so enjoy the process. Fall ball tourneys are under rated, that's where so many scouts go and are able to see the athletes clearer. Best of luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We waited until Fall of junior year after visiting several schools. Decided on a D2 3 hours away instead of D1 a plane ride away. 2 of my daughters friends jumped the gun and committed as sophomores to D1 schools that they never visited and now as seniors are realizing they will be 4-5 hour plane ride from home AND the current freshmen did not play much in their fall season and are miserable. Another girl we know was forced to commit to a school near Canada because it was her only offer and her obnoxious father wants to tell people she's playing D-1. I predict all will be home after first season. Parents- do your homework. Trust your daughters, nobody cares what division they play for- let them make the decision! They're the ones that will be going away, not you! Offers will come right up until senior year so enjoy the process. Fall ball tourneys are under rated, that's where so many scouts go and are able to see the athletes clearer. Best of luck

Very good post. Spot on!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As another example, my kid committed in the summer after sophomore year, but she had already visited 8 schools, starting in summer after freshman year. Compared to above poster it was a year earlier but we have a good sample size, and felt like my daughter could make an educated, informed decision. She's in freshman year now and very happy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Happy to share: We are making our daughter wait for the following reasons: 1) no school with offer on the table has given her a deadline (yet); 2) she is barely 15 and even though she thinks she knows everything already we as her parents feel it is important to take our time with this decision; 3) fall tourney season starts in a week and this may provide more opportunities if she plays well; 4) she would be happy with taking one of the offers she has, but we are waiting to see if one of the "are you kidding me you can get into that school!" programs offers her after the fall season assuming she plays well. This will be her only opportunity to go through this process (and yes, I understand that it is non-binding at this point) so we think it is important to take our time. I have been through this with older children and I don't feel the need to allow her commit early so that she can crow about it to Ty Xanders and others who trumpet this stuff.

WOW - a sane lax parent, obviously well thought out. Congrats on doing what's right for your daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks to everyone for all the responses. I think this type of information is great in a forum like this. Clearly not one size fits all in this process. The more stories that are shared, the more helpful for current and future families going through the recruiting process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would imagine the "are you kidding me you can get into that school!" list is the top 3 or 4 schools of US News WR that have competitive lax.

For my kid it would be:

Stanford, Duke, NU, Ivies and a few others

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For my kid it would be:

I think some kids do not want nor can go to ivy but wantt to pllay at a school with a top program and still get a great education. What schools do you think fit that bill

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For my kid it would be:

I think some kids do not want nor can go to ivy but wantt to pllay at a school with a top program and still get a great education. What schools do you think fit that bill

lots.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For my kid it would be:

You and the rest of the wealthy and private school kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For my kid it would be:

Why is that your answer? We are not wealthy and my kid goes to a public school. The Ivies give the best need aid of all colleges and the others have just as many scholarships as everyone else. Unless your in-state schools are a good match, why would you not think these schools are amazing opportunities??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For my kid it would be:

Why is that your answer? We are not wealthy and my kid goes to a public school. The Ivies give the best need aid of all colleges and the others have just as many scholarships as everyone else. Unless your in-state schools are a good match, why would you not think these schools are amazing opportunities??

Your the exception, look at the commit lists for these schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For my kid it would be:

Your the exception, look at the commit lists for these schools.

well i don't know a lot of the kids but 2 that i do know that r committed to Ivies are both public school kids. I guess they are not the majority, but lax is generally a pretty high class demographic to begin with. And w aid packages and scholarships (at non-ivies), if the kid has the grades, these places seem pretty good to me. By no means the only places. I don't want to be accused of snobbery. Was just responding to the poster that asked what the "are you kidding me you can get into that school!" list for people was. That is mine for my kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry but Ivies are for the financially needy and the rich at this point especially if you have multiple kids . Duke , Stanford are better options for the upper middle class at this point and then there are the UVA , UNC , BC types on the next level if you want excellent academics and highly competitive girls lax .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mass Elite 2019 red is one of the top teams in this age group.. I'm from Connecticut and my daughter plays on a weaker club team, but I have seen this girls play. The majority of the best players on the New England Under Armour team were on Mass Elite and they smoked team LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry but Ivies are for the financially needy and the rich at this point especially if you have multiple kids . Duke , Stanford are better options for the upper middle class at this point and then there are the UVA , UNC , BC types on the next level if you want excellent academics and highly competitive girls lax .

Sorry just not true. You can become more informed if you actually go to the financial aid calculators at Harvard's site for an example. If you live in NY and have annual income of 200k and assets of 500k not including house, you get close to half of the cost covered by aid if you have two kids in college. Now if you consider that financially needy, ok, but i don't. Ivies are way more generous w aid and to much higher thresholds than most non-ivies. Now of course having the grades and the playing ability are not easy. But the cost of going to an Ivy for a middle-class family is not the main problem relative to many other schools out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mass Elite 2019 red is one of the top teams in this age group.. I'm from Connecticut and my daughter plays on a weaker club team, but I have seen this girls play. The majority of the best players on the New England Under Armour team were on Mass Elite and they smoked team LI.

Do they play lax in New England?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry just not true. You can become more informed if you actually go to the financial aid calculators at Harvard's site for an example. If you live in NY and have annual income of 200k and assets of 500k not including house, you get close to half of the cost covered by aid if you have two kids in college. Now if you consider that financially needy, ok, but i don't. Ivies are way more generous w aid and to much higher thresholds than most non-ivies. Now of course having the grades and the playing ability are not easy. But the cost of going to an Ivy for a middle-class family is not the main problem relative to many other schools out there.

You are spot on BUT, two qualifiers:

1. Ivies offer no merit scholarships.
2. Ivies offer no athletic scholarships.

So, there really is no one correct answer. Depends on the parents finances, the kids academics, and the kids athletic ability as to which schools are more affordable. But you are right, meeting 100% of financial need, as the Ivies do, might make a huge difference in the costs depending on one's finances.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard