BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21
Re: Girls 2019 - 10th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I completely agree...the teams seem to pretty even at that level and games can go either way on any given day...just think Steps should be mentioned in these conversations once in a while..all good

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hmmm didnot go on here to duke it out..just a friendly point..might want to take a look a current commit list for Steps ....not bad..Have a wonderful day

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Steps beat or tied all of those teams multiple time...Steps 8-7 over Heroes Steps tie Skywalkers 7-7 Steps Beats Mass Elite all at the G8 Fall 2015 Steps beats YJ19 6-5 and Tops Guns 7-6 hmmmm

So you have to include T3 in the conversation also...they beat steps in that fallball showcase that steps is so conveniently left out...steps had an awesome G8...they are very good in showcases...how many tournaments have they won? Zero...their lifetime record is like 1-8 against YJ also...give the whole picture pls

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Steps beat or tied all of those teams multiple time...Steps 8-7 over Heroes Steps tie Skywalkers 7-7 Steps Beats Mass Elite all at the G8 Fall 2015 Steps beats YJ19 6-5 and Tops Guns 7-6 hmmmm

That is not true. Steps has not beaten Mass Elite. They tied at Lax for the Cure 6-6 and Mass Elite beat Steps at G8 this year 8-6. Those are the only two times they have played.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is not true. Steps has not beaten Mass Elite. They tied at Lax for the Cure 6-6 and Mass Elite beat Steps at G8 this year 8-6. Those are the only two times they have played.

Have either of these two ever won a good tournament? 2nd tier at best...nothing wrong with that.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You would think the 2019 parent group would of learned by now the game tourney and showcase results are kind of meaningless. Apparently not. Tourneys and showcases exist for the sole purpose of highlighting a players ability in club ball. No one on here factors into account some teams play absolutely evenly and some play their top 12 while the rest of the poor girls stand on the sideline and watch so the team can say we win. Frankly some of the best teams in this age group you don't hear a peep from. But keep commmeting on how good or how 2nd tier some teams are if it makes you feel good. Every team mentioned on here has had their good and bad days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have either of these two ever won a good tournament? 2nd tier at best...nothing wrong with that.

ME 2019 has best top 10 in country --- signed the members of the IWLCA. Sorry YJ. Better players, smarter, better college commitments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ME 2019 has best top 10 in country --- signed the members of the IWLCA. Sorry YJ. Better players, smarter, better college commitments.
STEPS 2019 has 9 commits so far including 3 Notre Dame, 1 Northwestern, 1 Stanford, 1 Florida, 1 Princeton. Not too shabby and great schools. Not saying they are the best just saying they consistently have girls commit to top lacrosse schools and academic schools year after year. Doing something right, as are a number of the better clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

STEPS 2019 has 9 commits so far including 3 Notre Dame, 1 Northwestern, 1 Stanford, 1 Florida, 1 Princeton. Not too shabby and great schools. Not saying they are the best just saying they consistently have girls commit to top lacrosse schools and academic schools year after year. Doing something right, as are a number of the better clubs.

Very good. Girls should be congratulated. Great schools. Much better than YJ.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, some parents need to understand that most of us are putting in all this time and money to secure the best college placement for our daughters....not too worried about coming out with the best record at the weekend money-grab tourney....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, some parents need to understand that most of us are putting in all this time and money to secure the best college placement for our daughters....not too worried about coming out with the best record at the weekend money-grab tourney....

Mass Elite 2018s
Stanford, Stanford, Northwestern, Northwestern, Harvard, Georgetown, Georgetown, Yale and more

Mass Elite 2019s
Stanford, Princeton, Northwestern, Northwestern, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Richmond and more

Agree with you. Sounds like Steps and Mass Elite aren't so second tier when it comes to what matters most.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very good. Girls should be congratulated. Great schools. Much better than YJ.

if by better you mean 2x as expensive tuition wise then yes by all means the 9 they has is way better than the 26 YJ has. more to a great college degree and experience than a 60k price tag..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear you, def first tier in academics...i'm betting those are mostly private and wealthy kids...good for them...none of those schools are coming close to winning a title...M&D,skywalkers,heros and yj have kids going to those schools and also schools that will win a title. Mass Elite and Steps could be the most insecure clubs in this age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should check the top ten lacrosse rankings as well as the top ten colleges academically - you'd be surprised. I guess Ohio State, Stony Brook, and Navy are closer to winning national championships than ND or Northwestern or Stanford?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear you, def first tier in academics...i'm betting those are mostly private and wealthy kids...good for them...none of those schools are coming close to winning a title...M&D,skywalkers,heros and yj have kids going to those schools and also schools that will win a title. Mass Elite and Steps could be the most insecure clubs in this age group.

I would say YJ is. The 2019 YJs aren't as good as the teams that have come before them, and the parents can't seem to accept that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's probably true but based on recent history it is hard to make a case for any program other than UNC or Maryland winning the title. Maybe USC in a few years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would say YJ is. The 2019 YJs aren't as good as the teams that have come before them, and the parents can't seem to accept that.

2019s in 5 tournaments: 3 champs,1 co champ and 1 2nd. Man, those teams that came before them must have really been something, i guess they won all the tournaments they entered. With those wins and 26 commits to decent schools, seems like they did ok. One other thing, if your not a yj parent, you really keep track of the yj teams of the past? LIttle Weird

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2019s in 5 tournaments: 3 champs,1 co champ and 1 2nd. Man, those teams that came before them must have really been something, i guess they won all the tournaments they entered. With those wins and 26 commits to decent schools, seems like they did ok. One other thing, if your not a yj parent, you really keep track of the yj teams of the past? LIttle Weird

Have had daughters play them moron. And now have one in this age group. Maybe you don't know it, but the 2019 YJs are nowhere near what some of the classes that have come before them were like. You can keep coming back to the 26 commits if you want. That just speaks to the marketing machine, and it's a good one. Your insecurity is showing through loud and clear.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have had daughters play them moron. And now have one in this age group. Maybe you don't know it, but the 2019 YJs are nowhere near what some of the classes that have come before them were like. You can keep coming back to the 26 commits if you want. That just speaks to the marketing machine, and it's a good one. Your insecurity is showing through loud and clear.

So we're supposed to take your word for what teams were considered the best, Who the [lacrosse] are you? Throw some age groups out there, and while your at it, your club. In regard to the 26 commit comment, steps and mass elite posting schools their kids are going to, to show their teams are good. i say yj has 26 commits and you say team isnt good, its all marketing. Can't have it both ways girls lax guru

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well not really. No Stanford, no Princeton, no Harvard, no Northwestern. So no, YJ does not have many 2019 kids going to "those schools".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So we're supposed to take your word for what teams were considered the best, Who the [lacrosse] are you? Throw some age groups out there, and while your at it, your club. In regard to the 26 commit comment, steps and mass elite posting schools their kids are going to, to show their teams are good. i say yj has 26 commits and you say team isnt good, its all marketing. Can't have it both ways girls lax guru

YJ is good. I did not say they aren't good. Just not as good as older teams. You know it, I know it. Everyone who has been around for a while knows it. And not as good as you want them to be. It's ok. Don't have to go too far back. Try your 2018 team for starters. 2016 team, a wagon. 2019, not in the same category.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

214 and 2015 were better

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well not really. No Stanford, no Princeton, no Harvard, no Northwestern. So no, YJ does not have many 2019 kids going to "those schools".

Yeah, your right, only have yale, 4 dukes, nd, 2 Uvas to go along with a few umd,unc and cuse kids who will prob win a few national titles...seems like a pretty good mix

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the 2008 and 2009 were better than the 14s and 15s. I never said they were the best team ever, just saying they're pretty good. People coming on here saying 19s are the worst top team ever and how all these other 19 teams are better...it gets old, don't know what this team has done to anybody...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, your right, only have yale, 4 dukes, nd, 2 Uvas to go along with a few umd,unc and cuse kids who will prob win a few national titles...seems like a pretty good mix

a great mix. and the added benefit is they can avoid the insane liberal ramblings of the Princeton and Harvard elites railing against capitalism and other American values. see how that works out.. 60k for the pleasure

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the 2008 and 2009 were better than the 14s and 15s. I never said they were the best team ever, just saying they're pretty good. People coming on here saying 19s are the worst top team ever and how all these other 19 teams are better...it gets old, don't know what this team has done to anybody...

Decent age group, but less competitive than usual for YJ. Most age groups have a strong core and a few standout studs to carry them through the tough games. This age has a very solid core but missing the few horses to ride on. Still have to be considered in top 5 in nation, and that's great. The only team YJ needs to worry about is 2023, right now they are way off the mark.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually I think the 2016 did win all the tournaments they entered when they were rising sophomores but I could be wrong

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

sorry UVA is not in same category. Yale and Dukes yup. so actually fewer kids going to top academic schools you r right. But they are all great kids I'm sure and have great situations for each of them. They are to be commended. They just aren't the dominant team that prior YJ teams have been. they r very good, on par w other top teams, they just don't stand out like some of the others did.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. "UVA is not in the same category." College tier-rankings by a lacrosse dad. You can see the full list of his top schools on his red cup.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I hear you, def first tier in academics...i'm betting those are mostly private and wealthy kids...good for them...none of those schools are coming close to winning a title...M&D,skywalkers,heros and yj have kids going to those schools and also schools that will win a title. Mass Elite and Steps could be the most insecure clubs in this age group.

a great mix. and the added benefit is they can avoid the insane liberal ramblings of the Princeton and Harvard elites railing against capitalism and other American values. see how that works out.. 60k for the pleasure[/quo

Ahhhh. The guy who knows all about American values. Probably voting for the guy that wants to limit free speech, doesn't actually understand capitalism (see free trade), wants to ban an entire religion, admits to assaulting women, thinks brutal dictators are the guys to emulate as President of the United States ... you mean those American values? Not the American values that Ronald Reagan espoused. I'd gladly send my kid to the same Princeton and Harvard that that bastion of Liberalism, Ted Cruz, attended. How could that be possible????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UVA is a top 3 public university, beautiful campus and fantastic athletic support--you are clueless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I hear you, def first tier in academics...i'm betting those are mostly private and wealthy kids...good for them...none of those schools are coming close to winning a title...M&D,skywalkers,heros and yj have kids going to those schools and also schools that will win a title. Mass Elite and Steps could be the most insecure clubs in this age group.

a great mix. and the added benefit is they can avoid the insane liberal ramblings of the Princeton and Harvard elites railing against capitalism and other American values. see how that works out.. 60k for the pleasure[/quo

Ahhhh. The guy who knows all about American values. Probably voting for the guy that wants to limit free speech, doesn't actually understand capitalism (see free trade), wants to ban an entire religion, admits to assaulting women, thinks brutal dictators are the guys to emulate as President of the United States ... you mean those American values? Not the American values that Ronald Reagan espoused. I'd gladly send my kid to the same Princeton and Harvard that that bastion of Liberalism, Ted Cruz, attended. How could that be possible????

good. Hopefully Stiglitz or one of the others will talk her into be a community organizer or pro bono advocate. need more of those. 60k donation well spent.. enjoy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or maybe she'll get the best education in the country while playing a sport she loves. Ivies supply plenty of financial aid for those in need. Your bitterness is evident

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Or maybe she'll get the best education in the country while playing a sport she loves. Ivies supply plenty of financial aid for those in need. Your bitterness is evident

grab the tape in the middle of your glasses and take the pens and pocket protector out of your shirt pocket. "your bitterness is evident"??? thems fightin' words.. yikes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its truly amazing to read these weak minded comments from some of these forum trolls. Wow. Bashing which schools are this and which schools are that... How about this trolls:These girls have accomplished something that 99% of kids have not. They worked hard in both the classroom and on the field and earned an opportunity of a lifetime! Kudos to all these girls!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or maybe she'll get the best education in the country while playing a sport she loves. Ivies supply plenty of financial aid for those in need. Your bitterness is evident

no, not bitter. scared for what openly socialist professors are teaching these impressionable kids. and planning on paying for my kids college myself, not gonna rely on debt or need based anything. but in return I'd like them to learn about productive enterprise. self reliance and hard work not transfer payment mindset and rabble rousing so common on elitist university campuses these days..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And you think that is exclusive to elitist university campuses?? Whatever you mean by elitist...it is on almost every college campus, there was a reason why Bernie Sanders had the college vote by far.
It is up to the individual student to take away what they need to.
My goodness stop debating what is better, pick a school that feels right academically and athletically and get on with it. No one size fits all for anyone and no one is better than anyone else D1, D2, or D3.
All is good if the girl and family is happy...that's all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

no, not bitter. scared for what openly socialist professors are teaching these impressionable kids. and planning on paying for my kids college myself, not gonna rely on debt or need based anything. but in return I'd like them to learn about productive enterprise. self reliance and hard work not transfer payment mindset and rabble rousing so common on elitist university campuses these days..

YAWN. And really just a distraction from the topic, which is that YJ 2019 is a very good, not great team and not in the same league as prior iterations. That is NOT an indictment on the girls. They have all done great things and have great college opportunities. They just are not the dominant lacrosse force that teams before them have been.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah ok. No successful "productive enterprise" people coming out of Harvard, Stanford, Princeton etc. You done be a moron. But of course arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the bird is going to S#@! on the board and strut around like it won anyway. Commence strutting, dude.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah ok. No successful "productive enterprise" people coming out of Harvard, Stanford, Princeton etc. You done be a moron. But of course arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the bird is going to S#@! on the board and strut around like it won anyway. Commence strutting, dude.

what a burn. and the street lingo made it that much more legit.

Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard