BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,740
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 79 of 91 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 90 91
Re: Boys 2024 5th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
We did not see that when we played them, we had a strong semi final game against the outlaws The worst parents were the south shore group.

Agreed and same back at you. Was an amazing game. And SS parents were pretty bad. But they had a strong team too. I think the boys gave everything against you and their tanks were empty against SS in final.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are some of the top fall tournaments on the island?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by all4boys
Outlaws are the joke of NXT. Parents seriously writing Outlaws and your kids number on your cars. Go shoot yourself!

they played 2025 teams to make playoff status...

Fyi. They put 2 strong teams in each group. That way a weak team did not makes the final four. I guess your boy was on one of the weaker teams and went 0-3.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by all4boys
Outlaws are the joke of NXT. Parents seriously writing Outlaws and your kids number on your cars. Go shoot yourself!

they played 2025 teams to make playoff status...

And then beat garden city. Played who they scheduled . Sorry your team sucked [lacrosse]. Better luck next year.

Haha. If the Outlaws were the joke. I guess they laughed all the way to the championship game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to TAZ

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OUTLAWS coaches are awful...yell yell yell...u guys sounded like a@@holes...they dont know the game of lacrosse.They encourage late hitting etc....this isnt the 1990s..game has changed...The Outlaw coaches have not!!.I was there watching my son play for another team....Parents beware..stay away from Outlaws...

They were the only team that went undefeated so I'm not sure how you can say they don't know the game of lacrosse. I guess you believe everyone needs to get a participation award!!! Sorry your team lost go cry some place else MORON.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you need to learn to read...not a GC parent writing... Gc parent said we did not see that with Outlaws in semi finals.....Hope your kid can read and comprehend what he reads...LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We saw the numbers on cars and thought they must have great team camaraderie

Kudos for showing your team pride.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe if your sons team was not such an embarrassment you guys would have done the same. Perhaps you should get off BOTC and go have a catch with your boy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OUTLAWS coaches are awful...yell yell yell...u guys sounded like a@@holes...they dont know the game of lacrosse.They encourage late hitting etc....this isnt the 1990s..game has changed...The Outlaw coaches have not!!.I was there watching my son play for another team....Parents beware..stay away from Outlaws...

Baseball tryouts coming up, maybe you should buy your son a new mitt.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can someone be informative on this please?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to TAZ

Madlax happened

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They were the only team that went undefeated so I'm not sure how you can say they don't know the game of lacrosse. I guess you believe everyone needs to get a participation award!!! Sorry your team lost go cry some place else MORON.

I've got no horse in this game one way or the other, if you don't think a team with horrible coaches can win games or even a tournament, then you don't know much about sports . . . I have no idea whethere this Outlaws team is good and/or the coaches are good or bad, but my comment holds regardless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've got no horse in this game one way or the other, if you don't think a team with horrible coaches can win games or even a tournament, then you don't know much about sports . . . I have no idea whethere this Outlaws team is good and/or the coaches are good or bad, but my comment holds regardless.

Your statement is true and false. In 11 y/o lax a team with poor coaching can win. But it's usually early in the year. The late summer tournament teams that do well, is usually through well coached teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It kinda depends on who is in the tourney. Fall jam usually has some competitive teams in it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your statement is true and false. In 11 y/o lax a team with poor coaching can win. But it's usually early in the year. The late summer tournament teams that do well, is usually through well coached teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It can be true any time in the season DEPENDING UPON the competition faced - IE, a team with horrible coaching can win a tournament if their competition on that given weekend is lesser talented and/or don't play well/near their abilities..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax-Taz was another thriller. Shame they had to play in semis, not finals. Some incredible lax for this age group. Competition at its best. I think this is three games in a row decided by a single goal. Hope they get to play again soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taz still has the better players by far over Pack

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's so funny!!! You happen to just be an innocent bystander!!!! No one teaches that . Grow up, and practice what you preach...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You Taz parents crack me up! Taz beats WP by one goal four or five times and taz is the best team ever to touch the 2024 bracket. Then, they get beat by Madlax three times by one goal and it's good lacrosse?? You parents are an absolute joke. Any one of these teams can win on any given day. BECAUSE THEY ARE KIDS!!!!! Get over yourselves and have a catch with your son!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taz still has the better players by far over Pack

We shall find out this weekend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree .. they are all great teams. Just enjoy them play the game!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a Brotherly Love Parent that recently played all the teams in question here is my perspective on the rankings without a horse in the race.

1. Taz- Most balanced, outstanding goalie and togo.
2. Bethesda- Great snipers, decent face off and overall team athleticism (I do question the age of some of these boys).
3. 91 Wolfpack- Great execution as a team, well coached, balanced scoring.
4. Madlax- This team is really a one player team. Decent supporting cast but really only one player. (I really question the age of this one)

Take it for what it is worth. We beat the #2 team on this list but I think we got lucky with some great togo work and 6 goal effort by our main offensive threat. I put us about 5/6 on the top list.

Any changes?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a Brotherly Love Parent that recently played all the teams in question here is my perspective on the rankings without a horse in the race.

2. Bethesda- Great snipers, decent face off and overall team athleticism (I do question the age of some of these boys).
4. Madlax- This team is really a one player team. Decent supporting cast but really only one player. (I really question the age of this one)

Take it for what it is worth. We beat the #2 team on this list but I think we got lucky with some great togo work and 6 goal effort by our main offensive threat. I put us about 5/6 on the top list.

Any changes?

Bethesda is not top 4.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any changes?

Bethesda is not top 4.

With Madlax's wins over Taz at NXT and Wolfpack at HHH, I think you have to put them 1 for now. I would put Hawks in the 4th spot over Bethesda.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do remember going on an important job interview about 25 years ago. The guy asked me when I was 11, what ranking was my travel baseball team. I was 23 then, so I said that was 12 years ago, I don't remember. I didn't get the job because of that answer. Remember these 11 year old boy rankings are so important.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do remember going on an important job interview about 25 years ago. The guy asked me when I was 11, what ranking was my travel baseball team. I was 23 then, so I said that was 12 years ago, I don't remember. I didn't get the job because of that answer. Remember these 11 year old boy rankings are so important.

To be honest you just weren't qualified for the job

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it better to play on a great team and be a backup? Or play on a B team as a starter? Just looking for good advice. Thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do the teams look at the Patriot games for 2024

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I truly believe if there was lines on these teams, some of you would be betting on them.

Yes, my son sux, can't catch, cradle, throw, run.............

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it better to play on a great team and be a backup? Or play on a B team as a starter? Just looking for good advice. Thanks.

B team as a starter. Sitting behind players will not get you better. Playing constantly in games will get you better. Then he will become the starter on the A with hard work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it depends upon the coaches and the practices - if your son will learn and improve via the A team practices more than he will on the B team running first line, then maybe that is better. Best case scenario is to find a solid B team where he gets both good coaching in practices AND gets to apply that on the filed during games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do the teams look at the Patriot games for 2024

Weak tournament, weak teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask your son if he wants to play in games. Then you will have your answer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask your son if he wants to play in games. Then you will have your answer.

It depends on the teams and the coaching. Some back ups still get plenty of playing time, and in time can maybe prove themselves and move to the first line. Also some B teams play in weak tournaments and he won't get better playing against weaker teams. It really depends on the team and the coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what if player only goes in when it's a blowout?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this age, you want him playing with kids that can throw and catch and understand the game. You want them playing in good competitive games, IMO much more important than being on a great team and watching. There are benefits to that too, but playing is why you bought them a stick, not to lean on. Dont get caught up in the my son is on "AAA Elite 24 Hours a Day Lacrosse" team, you will realize as I have it is meaningless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is Wolfpack with the B teams at NLF?

Page 79 of 91 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 90 91

Link Copied to Clipboard