BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,803
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 87 of 102 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 101 102
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty sure that's a 7 th grader 8/12/2004. He is a huge kid that should stay in 2022 because he dominates. Are parents that screwed up that they want him to repeat 6th grade to dominate more? Oh the stupidity!!! The last kid to play like that was in 91 2 years ago and got committed to Ohio State in 8th grade. He got his exposure now don't do something dumb like hold him back and scare away college coaches!!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Igloo is by far one of the best organizations out there. A and B teams are very competitive.

Not sure about that. They got worked over pretty well two weeks ago, last week had the easiest schedule of the tourney and then got beat down by the Hawks in the final 9-3 (pretty sure the Warriors tied the hawks earlier or lost in OT or braveheart), and they have a history of cheating as recently as last year. They are a good team. Not great. I've never seen their B team or even heard of them at a tourney, so I can't speak to that. And they're very expensive.

Ask the parents on the teams themselves or invest some
Tryout money and think of it as a clinic. Lots of good teams out there. This site is full of stupid stuff like comment above. Example : Assuming tourney machine scores are correct
Warriors almost beat Hawks on Saturday5-4. Then Sunday Warriors get beat 9-2 by the Crabs. Sunday Crabs get beat 11-3 by the Hawks. Igloo get beat 9-3 by Hawks. Moral of story? Warriors should only play on Saturday. If it would have been Saturday then they would have beat the Crabs, since they almost beat the Hawks and the Crabs was blown out the Hawks. Secondly Igloo would beat the Crabs because the point differential was less when they played the Hawks on Sunday. Stupid enough for everyone?
Bottom line if you don't play each other you don't know the outcome. But every time I see someone talking about a team and doing the same thing I just did. Lots of talent on all these teams. Congrats to the Hawks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol, there is not one bad player on igloo A or B

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're right, there's not one bad player on igloo A or B. In fact, there are several on each.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aug 12 2004 SHOULD HAVE JUST FINISHED 7th grade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Should be entering 8th!!!!!
unless he was held back for academic reasons...learning disability..
Even then he should play 2022
its going to take someone to get seriously hurt for lacrosse to go age based.

That is age based, sixth grade, or now rising 7th, for a lot of the country. Are you from New [lacrosse]?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would that be turning 14 in 3 weeks??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The obsession with this kid is disturbing. It's over. Move on. Until they change the rules this will happen. You don't like it tell your kid he can't play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're right, there's not one bad player on igloo A or B. In fact, there are several on each.

Daddy ball. Favorites get chosen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The obsession with this kid is disturbing. It's over. Move on. Until they change the rules this will happen. You don't like it tell your kid he can't play.

Or MOM if this bothers you stop allowing it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo 23 has a boy with same birthday. pathetic hes a second line middie wouldn't smell 2022B team at Igloo

That igloo B 2022 team beat Express Channy at Blatant back in May FYI

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or MOM if this bothers you stop allowing it

It's Dad thanks. My kid is a 2023 with a 2005 birthday. Complaining on BOTC about a hold back isn't going to change it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He's going into 8th. A very talented kid who doesn't need to play down to build confidence or get more playing minutes. Sometimes plays down to help out and takes playing time away from other kids in that team. Pathetic. I feel bad for those kids who work hard all year only to see that kid come in a take playing time away. Sorry but - a 2004 birth year should be playing 2022. Many true 2023s are still only 11. It's a safety issue and leveling the playing field issue. Lacrosse should change the tournament rules nationally like soccer did this year to a U(age) format. Especially since WsYL enforces birth date. Kids should only play birth year only. Kids should have photo ID cards from US Lacrosse with birth date checked by refs before each game and coaches submit rosters. At the end of the day, the kids just want to play fair, in competitive games and get better each season. With dreams of playing D1 lacrosse, just like every little leaguer dreams to play in the MLB. Fair play = conitinued growth nationally of Lacrosse. Hopefully, the new recruiting rules will start to help this problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not very good at math . How about 13 in 3 weeks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see Shore2Shore is opening up to other grade levels. They probably should have done that before the 2023 team fizzled out this year. A day late and a dollar short S2S.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He's going into 8th. A very talented kid who doesn't need to play down to build confidence or get more playing minutes. Sometimes plays down to help out and takes playing time away from other kids in that team. Pathetic. I feel bad for those kids who work hard all year only to see that kid come in a take playing time away. Sorry but - a 2004 birth year should be playing 2022. Many true 2023s are still only 11. It's a safety issue and leveling the playing field issue. Lacrosse should change the tournament rules nationally like soccer did this year to a U(age) format. Especially since WsYL enforces birth date. Kids should only play birth year only. Kids should have photo ID cards from US Lacrosse with birth date checked by refs before each game and coaches submit rosters. At the end of the day, the kids just want to play fair, in competitive games and get better each season. With dreams of playing D1 lacrosse, just like every little leaguer dreams to play in the MLB. Fair play = conitinued growth nationally of Lacrosse. Hopefully, the new recruiting rules will start to help this problem.

While I agree with an age based premise your dates are wacky....there's no need to copy soccer and you need to have a much wider field of vision than just your one state.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see Shore2Shore is opening up to other grade levels. They probably should have done that before the 2023 team fizzled out this year. A day late and a dollar short S2S.

they need coaches as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Done better every weekend and had a great showing last weekend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why aren't the 91 bandit and Express Haugen in the NXT? How will the Warriors and True Blue do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
14 in three weeks? Are you stupid? If Uncle Sam was born on 8/12/04, how old is he today boys & girls?
Maybe some parents should have repeated a grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, good luck in Rhode Island. The competition is going to be intense! Lol!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why aren't the 91 bandit and Express Haugen in the NXT? How will the Warriors and True Blue do?

Bandits are doing Naptown the beginning of next week. Not sure about Express. Still a lot of high quality teams playing. Should be fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bandits are doing Naptown the beginning of next week. Not sure about Express. Still a lot of high quality teams playing. Should be fun.

Haugen is their AA team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone seen igloo this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
14 in three weeks? Are you stupid? If Uncle Sam was born on 8/12/04, how old is he today boys & girls?
Maybe some parents should have repeated a grade.

I think the birthdate statement that he will be 14 was sarcastic, most people think he's going to be 14 not 13 but who knows...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck. Make L I proud.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Youth Sports cutoff dates need to be staggered ...Hockey is Jan 1 ...Lacrosse should be Sept 1...Baseball is May 1st (I think)...Soccer ?...basketball ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Youth Sports cutoff dates need to be staggered ...Hockey is Jan 1 ...Lacrosse should be Sept 1...Baseball is May 1st (I think)...Soccer ?...basketball ?

MAKE IT LIKE HOCKEY. 2004 team. 2005 team. Etc. Nice and clean.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do they need to be staggered? Whether it be the start of the calendar year or the school year or the season, once you pick the date and move forward, it's a non-issue thereafter. If I was to pick a date, I would probably go with school year, but to be honest, Jan 1 is the easiest to deal with as everyone in each age group is born within the same year(s).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do they need to be staggered? Whether it be the start of the calendar year or the school year or the season, once you pick the date and move forward, it's a non-issue thereafter. If I was to pick a date, I would probably go with school year, but to be honest, Jan 1 is the easiest to deal with as everyone in each age group is born within the same year(s).

The date set by US lacrosse is sept 1. There is no debate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
but US Lacrosse has no control over the sport. They proclaim to be the governing body but how many leagues actually play by their rules. I don't believe they do so in youth lacrosse on LI. If they set a date deadline and other leagues/ tournaments continued with graduation years what would make people choose one over the other. That choice exists now. You don't like grade based don't play in the tournament...that simple.. for example US Lax has no control over young guns, Howard County league, Crab Fest etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a ref, I am not getting involved with checking age cards., or anything else remotely close to that. When I ask a coach if all his players are certified and properly equipped that suffices for me. Anything more is not part of my responsibilities nor do I want the liability. Just a matter of time before one of the wacko parents out here starts suing. We get attacked enough by parents, just imagine if a kid shouldn't be playing...One less ref on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Traaaining Sir!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a ref, I am not getting involved with checking age cards., or anything else remotely close to that. When I ask a coach if all his players are certified and properly equipped that suffices for me. Anything more is not part of my responsibilities nor do I want the liability. Just a matter of time before one of the wacko parents out here starts suing. We get attacked enough by parents, just imagine if a kid shouldn't be playing...One less ref on the field.

Are you serious? This is part of a ref's job in other sports (e.g., soccer) but somehow it's not something lax refs should be doing in your mind?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While I agree with an age based premise your dates are wacky....there's no need to copy soccer and you need to have a much wider field of vision than just your one state.

The fact that you think the dates are wacky is further proof that age-based divisions are needed. Grade v Grade, MD, PA, MA, ect kids are older than NY kids. If kids from different states are going to play each other, than a nationally recognized and enforced year needs to be used. Whether its Sept-Aug, or Jan-Dec, or something else, something needs to be implemented, used nationally, and enforced.

I am a big fan of going age-based nationally for incoming kids going further, leaving current teams in tact. I think a lot of resistance comes from clubs, parents, and even kids, who don't want to see current teams broken up. So just do it for the kids starting out. So, for the 2017-18 season, have a 2009 (BY) division, along with a 2026 (GY), 2025 (GY), 2024 (GY) and so on. Than for 2018-19, have 2010 (BY), 2009 (BY), 2026 (GY) etc. The grad year teams will eventually cycle out. Personally, I would prefer moving it all at once, but I am a realist, and see that phasing it in may be more acceptable and achievable in the short term.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Traaaining Sir!

loserzzzzzzzzzzzzz

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it shouldn't be done by soccer refs either...We don't police the leagues. Its not our decision who plays and who doesn't play. We enforce the rules as written in the rule book....We don't do it now and everyone assumes that all the kids playing are in that grade correct?? When are the coaches responsible and liable.
Not a refs job.. its a coaches job and if he allows someone to cheat then he should be held accountable.
Just like the refs should not administer any first aid to a hurt player.
You are just looking to place blame on someone and that blame belongs on the coach if found to be cheating.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it shouldn't be done by soccer refs either...We don't police the leagues. Its not our decision who plays and who doesn't play. We enforce the rules as written in the rule book....We don't do it now and everyone assumes that all the kids playing are in that grade correct?? When are the coaches responsible and liable.
Not a refs job.. its a coaches job and if he allows someone to cheat then he should be held accountable.
You are just looking to place blame on someone and that blame belongs on the coach if found to be cheating.

This post is a mess. The responsibilities of a referee are determined by those who govern the league/tournament, ect. Individual refs don't determine what they are. You say that you "enforce the rules as written in the rule book." Well, if the rule book says that you are to check the IDs of each player, than that is what you will be doing. At present, you don't due this. People are simply advocating that the rules be written so that you do. And yes, at present, you do decide who plays and who doesn't, to the extent that if a player commits misconduct sufficient to warrant disqualification, you are deciding that he doesn't play. Coaches will be held accountable if found cheating - but guess what, who determines IF they are cheating? If not the referee, than whom? At its core, the purpose of a referee if to stop people from cheating; to enforce the rules. That is their mission. Taking one second per player to ensure that the player is eligible for that game fits squarely within this mission.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well if it was written into the rules the. It would be your job.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, good luck in Rhode Island. The competition is going to be intense! Lol!

I'd much rather be in Newport RI this weekend than on the Island or nowhere Pennsylvania or boring Connecticut. Bragging about playing certain teams means little down the line when thinking of fun childhood and family memories.

Page 87 of 102 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 101 102

Link Copied to Clipboard