BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,740
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 86 of 102 1 2 84 85 86 87 88 101 102
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the next group of discussion for the World Series of Youth Lax, who's in? lol

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is the next group of discussion for the World Series of Youth Lax, who's in? lol

Definitely hoping my 2022er who was born after 9/1/04 can play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any competitive teams in bash at beach 23 division, don't know most of them, any stand out as favorite?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what is the age restriction for next year? 9/1/04 - 9/1/05 ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what is the age restriction for next year? 9/1/04 - 9/1/05 ?

If they keep it consistent with this year I believe it would be eligible if born after 9/1/04.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is the best B team in 2023? I'm looking to bring my son down from an A team so he can have more playing time. Thank you

Recon up and coming team, great organization.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is the best B team in 2023? I'm looking to bring my son down from an A team so he can have more playing time. Thank you

Igloo treats their 2nd teams well and they are generally pretty competitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haha, most expensive B team in the US. It's just a $3k+ mortgage to help fund the better team. Look at other half the cost clubs with the same, and more, tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good luck with igloo and their wonderful tuiton

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is by far one of the best organizations out there. A and B teams are very competitive.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is by far one of the best organizations out there. A and B teams are very competitive.

Thank you for the laugh on the train ride home. It's hot and the laugh will cool things off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure about that. They got worked over pretty well two weeks ago, last week had the easiest schedule of the tourney and then got beat down by the Hawks in the final 9-3 (pretty sure the Warriors tied the hawks earlier or lost in OT or braveheart), and they have a history of cheating as recently as last year. They are a good team. Not great. I've never seen their B team or even heard of them at a tourney, so I can't speak to that. And they're very expensive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good A team, but where have they been? Have not seen at most of the top tournaments?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Who is the best B team in 2023? I'm looking to bring my son down from an A team so he can have more playing time. Thank you

Haha, most expensive B team in the US. It's just a $3k+ mortgage to help fund the better team. Look at other half the cost clubs with the same, and more, tournaments.[/quote

Sorry you can't afford it. Maybe recon a better fit for your family.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you looking for a team with best tournament record or team with best coaching and team dynamics?? Unless your kid is a top player youre still going to have same issue with playing time on one of the "best" B teams. I suggest looking at programs that are more concerned with developing and teaching your kid the game rather than winning tournament bragging rights.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you looking for a team with best tournament record or team with best coaching and team dynamics?? Unless your kid is a top player youre still going to have same issue with playing time on one of the "best" B teams. I suggest looking at programs that are more concerned with developing and teaching your kid the game rather than winning tournament bragging rights.

Any suggestions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any suggestions?

Recon, Icon, Outlaws

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should be looking for a team with the focus on development no matter A/B. The price of the club should coincide with how much training and tournaments they offer not what playing level they are. If your looking to play in the WSYL you should also ask how many and which boys on the team will be age eligible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been seeing Recon mentioned a lot lately, can anyone give me any info (where is most of the team from, how are the coaches/parents, playing time, how competitive?) greatly appreciated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any suggestions?

Recon, Icon, Outlaws

Outlaws has excellent coaching on their B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't care what anyone says on this site regarding that kid on Express there is no way he is 12 he might be in 6th grade going into 7th which is absurd but he is not 12. More then likely he should be going into 8th but whatever. This will never change and your so called elite teams will continue to benefit from it. Its funny the elite teams are also the most expensive so parents keep lining the owners pocket and hope it won't be your son they screw out of a spot or playing time with a kid that shouldn't be playing with 12 year old boys. Good luck the rest of the season its almost over then on to Football.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any good team has bad games/tournaments. They are very well trained and they development the kids. Keep in mind that they are kids. Igloo is a great organizationz

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your right Igloo is a good team but not a AA team!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't care what anyone says on this site regarding that kid on Express there is no way he is 12 he might be in 6th grade going into 7th which is absurd but he is not 12. More then likely he should be going into 8th but whatever. This will never change and your so called elite teams will continue to benefit from it. Its funny the elite teams are also the most expensive so parents keep lining the owners pocket and hope it won't be your son they screw out of a spot or playing time with a kid that shouldn't be playing with 12 year old boys. Good luck the rest of the season its almost over then on to Football.

Birthdate: Aug 12, 2004
Home: Wading River NY
Position: A
Height: 5-4
Weight: 126

Pretty sure that's 12!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Mom thats 13

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any suggestions?

Recon, Icon, Outlaws

Recon practices in the Bethpage area. A lot of Nassau/western Suffolk kids. Been around 7 years and is finally gaining some traction. The parents I have talked to at tournaments seem level headed and are happy with the organization. All the coaches have been part of the lax world for a long time.

Icon practices at Adelphi. Their coach is the head woman's coach there. He is probably on of the best defensive men to ever play the game. We played them at Lax fest and lost. They looked good that day and based on standings did well in the tourney. Haven't seen them at any tournaments since then. Parents we encountered seemed normal. Kids are from RVC/Oceanside/GC

Outlaws- Not sure where they practice but I think it is a Suffolk team. Some of the dads get a little nuts. I have seen them play a few times now. They seem to be a solid B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jealous!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aug 12 2004 SHOULD HAVE JUST FINISHED 7th grade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Should be entering 8th!!!!!
unless he was held back for academic reasons...learning disability..
Even then he should play 2022
its going to take someone to get seriously hurt for lacrosse to go age based.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aug 12 2004 SHOULD HAVE JUST FINISHED 7th grade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ICON? are you serious? The 2024 team is mostly 2025s. mess

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is fact he is 13 turning 14 in august. This will all surface soon enough Parents are deranged. Someone from our current express team informed many of us about this. Pretty sad people will stoop. Regardless hoping express sticks to its word and keeps this away from our current 2023 team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What he said!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
he is not the only kid on Express there is about 4 more

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Mom thats 13

Not until August.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ICON? are you serious? The 2024 team is mostly 2025s. mess

We are talking at 2023 in this thread. I don't have a 2024 kids so I have no clue about that team. I am basing on what I saw at Lax fest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S

I don't think they hold tryouts. It is an invite only team. That said they may need to start having open tryouts and attracting some new talent based on how they have been playing this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo 23 has a boy with same birthday. pathetic hes a second line middie wouldn't smell 2022B team at Igloo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's here the so called AA teams that will send current teams to WSYL next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo 23 has a boy with same birthday. pathetic hes a second line middie wouldn't smell 2022B team at Igloo

Your post is confusing with "won't smell". What does that mean? Also, what is pathetic?

Page 86 of 102 1 2 84 85 86 87 88 101 102

Link Copied to Clipboard