BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,756
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 55 of 102 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 101 102
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don't even have to look at the names listed, to know that this was a complete fix for this money grab tournament.
Of the five age groups, who were taken, approximately 130 players.
At a $185 a clip to try out, over $24,000 made in just try out fees.
Not even including the players who didn't make the list, scholarships, and family legacies.
Fields, independent evaluation? Crap, crap and more crap.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Express has the largest representation for a middle of the road team. People can beat up 9-1 but just look. My son did not make it and we used it as a Barometer. From an outsider Bandits should of had the most representation

I agree that they should have had the most players on the roster; however, that doesn't mean that they were ALL better than the rest. Every Bandit that tried out made the team and they werent the best ones there. It simply wasn't the case last Saturday, and it's not the case outside of last Saturday. The little righty attackmen (plural) were NOT better than everyone there. His son (not the faceoff kid) is NOT better than everyone there. The goalie was NOT better than everyone there. They should have 2 defensemen (legit, fast, aggressive kids), 3 mids (the better of the twins and the two others (all 3 were excellent) and the big lefty attack (one of the top players at the tryout). If he wanted to sneak another X man on, there could be a case made, but he wasn't better than the rest. Maybe just even. That's 7 kids. All great. But the rest were the same, or worse, than everyone else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is nothing more than a $2500 total cost lacrosse tournament. You parents are nuts. It's 6th grade and none of this matters at all. There will not be one College coach taking notes on these kids. It's such a total waste of money. The competition between clubs on LI is more than enough for our kids to compete and get better. This roster far from respresents the best kids. Outside of JS kids who are very good; the other coaches kids don't belong and there were plenty of kids who didn't show up.

I would guarantee if we ran a FREE tryouts for a top team on LI kids and the cost to go to the tournament was free....... we'd compile a team of kids who would kick this teams A$$.

You are wrong. With the exception of a few players, these are the top 6th graders on LI. There are kids that could have or should have made the team instead of a few of the selected players but move on. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter but being selected gives the kids a boost of confidence which is immeasurable.

No they are not the best. Not when tryout was on a holiday week a day before Easter. Many top players simply did not tryout. Because they were away. That day was picked to reduce the numbers at tryout so they can dictate who was on the team. Any other weekend the field would have been larger and more diverse. See what happens next year if they pick a different weekend, many on team would not and should not be in this team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don't even have to look at the names listed, to know that this was a complete fix for this money grab tournament.
Of the five age groups, who were taken, approximately 130 players.
At a $185 a clip to try out, over $24,000 made in just try out fees.
Not even including the players who didn't make the list, scholarships, and family legacies.
Fields, independent evaluation? Crap, crap and more crap.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so funny i hope these 9D1 guys are looking at these posts...they are criminals...like Xpress...same [lacrosse] diff program...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The entire format was set up for failure Two hours with all those kids on one field lol and honestly there were no bad kids there Everyone there was good or great so at the end in such a small window the obvious happened. Quick question tho and I am Not judging but same exactly set up leg a sea and Igg are running a tryout w that many kids there and they have two hours to pick a team how would it shake out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weird express as we all know has NOT been a very strong group since BM left yet they had the most kids make it Nobody finds tha strange

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spring tournaments are about to start. What are some of the tournaments teams are playing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so funny i hope these 9D1 guys are looking at these posts...they are criminals...like Xpress...same [lacrosse] diff program...

You think they care? There will be another group of suckers lining up next year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is nothing more than a $2500 total cost lacrosse tournament. You parents are nuts. It's 6th grade and none of this matters at all. There will not be one College coach taking notes on these kids. It's such a total waste of money. The competition between clubs on LI is more than enough for our kids to compete and get better. This roster far from respresents the best kids. Outside of JS kids who are very good; the other coaches kids don't belong and there were plenty of kids who didn't show up.

I would guarantee if we ran a FREE tryouts for a top team on LI kids and the cost to go to the tournament was free....... we'd compile a team of kids who would kick this teams A$$.

You are wrong. With the exception of a few players, these are the top 6th graders on LI. There are kids that could have or should have made the team instead of a few of the selected players but move on. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter but being selected gives the kids a boost of confidence which is immeasurable.

No they are not the best. Not when tryout was on a holiday week a day before Easter. Many top players simply did not tryout. Because they were away. That day was picked to reduce the numbers at tryout so they can dictate who was on the team. Any other weekend the field would have been larger and more diverse. See what happens next year if they pick a different weekend, many on team would not and should not be in this team.

Absolutely agree with above regarding timing of this "tryout" aka $185 practice. I also find it interesting that it was well after Brine tryouts - maybe to avoid other top kids (that are not on the 2 orgs that dictated this roster) who did not attend this tryout because they had already made or tried out for Brine. Why not make it before Brine or close to? See the best of the best show up to both. They didn't want that because roster was already selected so this made it less obvious (so they thought) because they had less to choose from. Same reason you didn't see a Bandit at Brine - they already knew they would be on this team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weird express as we all know has NOT been a very strong group since BM left yet they had the most kids make it Nobody finds tha strange

Just you, BM!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just you, BM!

How many honey badgers made it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just you, BM!

How many honey badgers made it?

Too many !! Channy can still pull strings

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they should have given out binky's at tryout for all the whining that is going on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know of any good camps for players that are somewhat
new to the sport

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what does brine have anything to do with this ?events are different times during summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately I have yet to find a camp that actually teaches lacrosse. Not a lot of teaching going on out there. Most camps are just kids showing off their skills and HS or college kids just babysitting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
curious Did anyone tryout for Warrior that made the Brine already? Since we are talking about top kids that would have made both teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid did the lax position camp run by rotanz 2 yrs ago, thought it was quality training, and I have no affiliation with the man or his organization

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid did the lax position camp run by rotanz 2 yrs ago, thought it was quality training, and I have no affiliation with the man or his organization

Agree. One of the better camps on Long Island

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
curious Did anyone tryout for Warrior that made the Brine already? Since we are talking about top kids that would have made both teams.

Out of curiosity, are they similar these 2 programs/teams? My son didn't try out this year for either but id be curious for feedback and educate myself to think about for next year if either might be the right fit for him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can he walk around coaching knowing his kid has no business on that team? People pay $185 to tryout and a AJ's kid takes a spot?? That's just wrong. Why would you expose your kid to such ridicule from other kids? They may be 12 but they see what's going on. The kid will be scared.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correction "scarred"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you BOTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turn the page people. It's over

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More importantly tournament this weeekend. Would like to see a warrior v Express game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the top kids were not there thats a fact. You had kids from Pequa Merrick Bellmore etc that were not there but are definitely as good as the kids that made it and some are better then the kids that made it. Unfortunately these kids are not in the in crowd JS or AJ friends and don't play on your so called top 5 teams. Theses parents don't care about the pathetic stupidity that goes on with what team there kid plays on. Good luck in the tournament hope you guys win a 12 year old tournament. My son will never try out for any of these teams until he hits 9th grade where it starts to mean something...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with above ^^^^^. It really cracks me up how these parents act, they are so blinded by a name of a team not what there kid is actually learning. Good luck to 90+1 and Express u guys put a nice combo team. To all the Dads that think this is a father whose kid wouldn't make the team it's not he would make it but I want my kid to enjoy his childhood and not be consumed with winning a t-shirt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah awesome lacrosse in Bellmore an Merrick. True hotbeds. Why have him play for the big teams ever? Wont the college coaches will be lining up on your high school turf just to try to even make eye contact with Bellmore an Merrick lacrossrm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the top kids were not there thats a fact. You had kids from Pequa Merrick Bellmore etc that were not there but are definitely as good as the kids that made it and some are better then the kids that made it. Unfortunately these kids are not in the in crowd JS or AJ friends and don't play on your so called top 5 teams. Theses parents don't care about the pathetic stupidity that goes on with what team there kid plays on. Good luck in the tournament hope you guys win a 12 year old tournament. My son will never try out for any of these teams until he hits 9th grade where it starts to mean something...

You're very bitter about something... you must be a blast at parties.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with above ^^^^^. It really cracks me up how these parents act, they are so blinded by a name of a team not what there kid is actually learning. Good luck to 90+1 and Express u guys put a nice combo team. To all the Dads that think this is a father whose kid wouldn't make the team it's not he would make it but I want my kid to enjoy his childhood and not be consumed with winning a t-shirt.

My son made the team and he's extremely excited about it. He really enjoys playing and has met a bunch of nice boys through playing for teams and in special events like this. I'm proud of him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it's a great opportunity and to each his own. Why is it bothering so many

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More importantly tournament this weeekend. Would like to see a warrior v Express game

warriors should handle express white

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because parents dropped $185 on what was slated as an impartial tryout when in fact the team was prob 90% or more already determined before tryouts even occurred. And as long as patents keep buying into the hype of gotta have ur kid on an elite team to be successful this non sense will continue, and yes to each their own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can he walk around coaching knowing his kid has no business on that team? People pay $185 to tryout and a AJ's kid takes a spot?? That's just wrong. Why would you expose your kid to such ridicule from other kids? They may be 12 but they see what's going on. The kid will be scared.

AJ's son is a good kid and anyone that is a jerk to him should be ashamed. He gets along with everyone and has tremendous upside. Was it wrong for him to take a spot away from another deserving player? Probably, but you can say the same about JS's sons. One is great and the other average. It's a package deal. You want JS / AH, you get their boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Flying really quiet through this is the Warriors 9+1 coach who works for the company warrior and is coaching the team. How many boys from his team made it? He coaches the second team in this age group. Looking forward to seeing my sons team play his team this weekend and see the level the boys are that made it at Spring Jam

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excited to see the boys get to compete this weekend !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking forward to the tournaments should be a nice weekend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AJ's son is a good kid and anyone that is a jerk to him should be ashamed. He gets along with everyone and has tremendous upside. Was it wrong for him to take a spot away from another deserving player? Probably, but you can say the same about JS's sons. One is great and the other average. It's a package deal. You want JS / AH, you get their boys.

Shove it A-Hole.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tremendous upside????? You're kidding, right?

Page 55 of 102 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 101 102

Link Copied to Clipboard