BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Team 91 MD
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,584
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 73 of 78 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 77 78
Re: Boys 2022- 7th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the tournament season is over...do kids still move around to different teams at this age group? Does the recruiting rule changes affect this decision by clubs and kids alike ?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My guess is there will be very limited movement. Most teams are set at this grade. Your son would have to really bring it to a tryout to get a spot on one of the top teams. Im sure some parents will try to make a move for their kids because they want their kid on a winning team, not a good reason for change.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My guess is there will be very limited movement. Most teams are set at this grade. Your son would have to really bring it to a tryout to get a spot on one of the top teams. Im sure some parents will try to make a move for their kids because they want their kid on a winning team, not a good reason for change.

Any kids that come to the top teams are usually selected well in front of tryouts. Tryouts are to fill the other teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Lacrosse establishes eligibility guidelines to promote a safe and sportsmanlike environment. US Lacrosse believes that leagues, associations, and other organizers of youth lacrosse should provide playing opportunities that, as much as possible, aim to establish a "level playing field" among players of similar age. Source: (https://www.uslacrosse.org/rules/age-eligibility-guidelines)

I applaud US Lacrosse for doing this. And I remain confused why the clubs just can't change. The WYSL showed us that age based still produces the same level of competition.

Easy answer. The clubs do not have to and should not change. All the grade based bashers act like there are not age based tournaments or leagues however, there are plenty. So take a stand and not allow your son to play in grade based and only participate in age based, but whatever the case shut up the whining about grade based.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Lacrosse establishes eligibility guidelines to promote a safe and sportsmanlike environment. US Lacrosse believes that leagues, associations, and other organizers of youth lacrosse should provide playing opportunities that, as much as possible, aim to establish a "level playing field" among players of similar age. Source: (https://www.uslacrosse.org/rules/age-eligibility-guidelines)

I applaud US Lacrosse for doing this. And I remain confused why the clubs just can't change. The WYSL showed us that age based still produces the same level of competition.

Easy answer. The clubs do not have to and should not change. All the grade based bashers act like there are not age based tournaments or leagues however, there are plenty. So take a stand and not allow your son to play in grade based and only participate in age based, but whatever the case shut up the whining about grade based.

I disagree. Seeing what took place at 9D1 I would say that an overhaul is likely. May be your best chance to make that team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FINAL standings 2022 national championship:
1-igloo(6-0)
2-91 md(4-2)
3-hawks((4-1)
4-bethesda(4-1)
5-LI express(3-1)
6-91 LI(2-2)
7-greyhounds(3-2)
8-3d NE(3-2)
9-BBL(2-2)
10-Diamondbacks(2-2)
11-Roughriders(3-1)
12-PB revolution(1-3)
13-LI Outlaws(2-2)
14-So Cal express(1-3)
15-Madlax(1-3)
16-Superstar(1-3)
17-Team Carolina(1-3)
18-CT chargers(1-3)
19-Legacy(0-4)
20-Triad(0-4)

Inside Lacrosse updated their overall national rankings based on the Millon National Championship and Igloo is the new #1 and LIE really dropped.

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...inside-lacrosse-13u-world-rankings/49653

New Inside Lacrosse U13 rankings:
1. Igloo
2. Socal Express (#14 at Nat Champ - why didn't they drop?)
3. Diamondbacks (#10 at Nat Champ - why didn't they drop?)
4. T9-1LI
5. LI Express (#5 at Nat Champ - dropped 4 spots? - that's not fair)
6. Colorado Outlaws
7. Brotherly Love
8. Mad Dog West
9. Tri-State
10. ADVNC
11. BBL Elite (#9 at Nat Champ)

Watch list:
Eclipse (Conn.)
Edge (Canada)
Evolve Elite (Canada)
Iroquois National
PrimeTime (N.Y.) (Beat LI Exprees week before last - should move up)
South Jersey Black Storm (N.J.)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's myopic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fake news! Has already been proven wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's myopic

What makes it myopic? The fact that there are age based and grade based leagues and tournaments is the reality. And if everyone who complains about grade based being unfair has their kids play age based, all will be right, no? Or do you want to see an age/grade/height/weight requirement league? The bottom line is you have your son play either grade or age based events. There really is no other option....is there? No myopic responses needed.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fake news! Has already been proven wrong.

Proven wrong on the field or do you mean someone hacked InsideLacrosse.com to make Igloo the new #1?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

I guess Channy saw it coming two years ago when he asked me to hold my A+ student and AA athlete back to be on the 2022 team. Thanks but no thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for your not so "short "rant . A simple fix would be to age base like Youth hockey (born in 04 play 04). Contact sports before High school should be age based simple fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

I guess Channy saw it coming two years ago when he asked me to hold my A+ student and AA athlete back to be on the 2022 team. Thanks but no thanks.

Yeh you have an A+ student AA athlete son, a super model wife and an 8 figure savings account. Wake up 😴 from your dream

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for your not so "short "rant . A simple fix would be to age base like Youth hockey (born in 04 play 04). Contact sports before High school should be age based simple fact.

Agree 100%. Now you take up the fight with every sports governing body so that this can finally get fixed. Start with football! Hockey is already done and maybe soccer too? This shouldn't take you long. Only lacrosse, football, water polo, rugby, basketball (yes contact), girls lacrosse, wrestling.....start there.

Cmon man, you are smarter than this BS sound of music solution. You have to be. Please say you are?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are not plenty. They are few and far between

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Try again. As for leagues, there is only one grade based league in MD and plenty of age based ones. Plenty of age based tournaments as well. But if you feel that there really aren't that many, start your own tournament. I am sure it will a hit with all the grade based bashers out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Yeah ok

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Yeah ok

No, this is exactly right... maybe hard for you to understand but when your kid is smart and athletic you don't have them repeat a grade in school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Try again. As for leagues, there is only one grade based league in MD and plenty of age based ones. Plenty of age based tournaments as well. But if you feel that there really aren't that many, start your own tournament. I am sure it will a hit with all the grade based bashers out there.

It's obvious you held your kid back. You should own it instead of trying to justify it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Yeah ok

No, this is exactly right... maybe hard for you to understand but when your kid is smart and athletic you don't have them repeat a grade in school.

Let me guess. You are at 901 now

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Different in NY

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's obvious you held your kid back. You should own it instead of trying to justify it

No, actually I have not. But what is obvious is that you helicopter parents feel the need to tell people about themselves and their families. However, the bottom line is that there are options for however you see fit to play your kids. But instead you rather whine and cry about people abiding by rules you deem unfair in some leagues and tournaments. Stop crying and enter those events you feel fall within your ethical bounds as you would want your kids to play. But for your own dignity, stop the crying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Yeah ok

Nope

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think all hold back kids and parents of hold back kids, should where a special bracelet on wrist .Now that would be great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, actually I have not. But what is obvious is that you helicopter parents feel the need to tell people about themselves and their families. However, the bottom line is that there are options for however you see fit to play your kids. But instead you rather whine and cry about people abiding by rules you deem unfair in some leagues and tournaments. Stop crying and enter those events you feel fall within your ethical bounds as you would want your kids to play. But for your own dignity, stop the crying.

Helicopter huh. Get off your high horse. You are extremely defensive about this while calling everyone else whiners. If the shoe fits...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Yeah ok

Nope

So you stayed with the guy who made such an outlandish proposal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Attack on Express is 10/03 DOB. played both WSYL and MM tourney. Should be rising 9th. HOLDBACK

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Attack on Express is 10/03 DOB. played both WSYL and MM tourney. Should be rising 9th. HOLDBACK

Maryland kids are already 14 and their cutoff is September 1st. A one month hold back because NY is December 1st is not a factor. We are talking about the kids 50 pounds heavier and a foot taller. That's dangerous at this age. And the thirteen year olds beat the holdbacks anyway. The point is safety at this age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Express have their Texas kid with them again? Now why would that be allowed?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe LU should get up to speed with almost the rest of the entire country and change your school cutoff to 9/1. They maybe you can stop bitching about a couple months difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe LU should get up to speed with almost the rest of the entire country and change your school cutoff to 9/1. They maybe you can stop bitching about a couple months difference.

It's not a couple months. Who are you kidding. Holdbacks at this age are obvious. Kids and coaches won't answer simple questions, like how old are you..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Express have their Texas kid with them again? Now why would that be allowed?

He lives here in the summer. He's not a holdback btw

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are few..myopic comments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He lives here in the summer. He's not a holdback btw

Oh......okay.......but his permanent residence is in TX, correct????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes - sure. They will just change the school cutoff for the purposes of lax! As though any locale could just go out and change their age cutoff for any reason without serious considerations of cost, organization, planning, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ask Millon, both 90d1 MD and 90d1 LI have players from Texas.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I missed the governance in travel lacrosse about residence requirements relative to a club. Where can I read about this??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I missed the governance in travel lacrosse about residence requirements relative to a club. Where can I read about this??

Any kid that is on multiple club teams that doesn't go to the weekly practices month after month and just shows up for a couple games is a ringer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Page 73 of 78 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 77 78

Link Copied to Clipboard