BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,558
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 31 32
Boys 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It's the start of the Fall 2016/Spring 2017 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a huge turnout at the 91 last night. Heard that it wasn't much better last week either.

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are you surprised,?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, thought that they would still draw some interest, especially with the rumors of everyone leaving Outlaws and Igloo. They must not be true or everyone is going elsewhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the year people go else were, because parent realize standing on side line on a AA team. Will not get you looks. You need to play.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes the ones who want to leave will leave ...there will be 50 new kids to choose from it is what it is

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Leaving Outlaws- Now That's Funny

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one is going leaving. At this age your teams are set, give or take a few. They only team that is an embarrassment to the sport is 2021 Express. 40 plus kids on one team, most don't play, and MC, will take kids from other teams and play em on his team for the sake of a t shirt at a tournament . So that means the kids who were starting got bumped. Did not work out for him at NLF this summer. Parents you need to be aware and smarter than just giving your $$$ to a 40 plus team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hearing half of that sideline of MC is venturing off to a small up and coming club ran by their competition out in north shore Suffolk . I guess better late then never !

quote=Anonymous]No one is going leaving. At this age your teams are set, give or take a few. They only team that is an embarrassment to the sport is 2021 Express. 40 plus kids on one team, most don't play, and MC, will take kids from other teams and play em on his team for the sake of a t shirt at a tournament . So that means the kids who were starting got bumped. Did not work out for him at NLF this summer. Parents you need to be aware and smarter than just giving your $$$ to a 40 plus team. [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hearing half of that sideline of MC is venturing off to a small up and coming club ran by their competition out in north shore Suffolk . I guess better late then never !

What's the name of the club?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has to be Empire.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone go to Icon tryouts last night? How many kids? Any talent there other than existing players? I would assume everyone is returning. They are very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one is going leaving. At this age your teams are set, give or take a few. They only team that is an embarrassment to the sport is 2021 Express. 40 plus kids on one team, most don't play, and MC, will take kids from other teams and play em on his team for the sake of a t shirt at a tournament . So that means the kids who were starting got bumped. Did not work out for him at NLF this summer. Parents you need to be aware and smarter than just giving your $$$ to a 40 plus team.

Express is known for doing that at various age groups 2019 also. Take everyone and sort em out and shuffle em around later as needed. You never know who you'll play when you play them!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't this the age that the tournaments don't really matter, it is more of being at the right recruiting tournament and getting playing time? I spoke to a HS Coach, and he said the best kids on the worst teams will get a look.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Allot of talent at ICON as expected didn't see anyone there that did not belong. about 70 or so kids so.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Allot of talent at ICON as expected didn't see anyone there that did not belong. about 70 or so kids so.

sounds like they will be able to get rid of some of the dead wood

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
correct , doesn't matter a/b/c team , when a college coach is contacted and will be at that particular recruitment tournament he will come take a look. Worked for my son. ( people beating there brains out to fight for top team placement is useless to a point ) But again you need to be in the right recruitment tournaments where college coaches are present. Some clubs have stronger connections then others to get into these good ones.

Isn't this the age that the tournaments don't really matter, it is more of being at the right recruiting tournament and getting playing time? I spoke to a HS Coach, and he said the best kids on the worst teams will get a look.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
correct , doesn't matter a/b/c team , when a college coach is contacted and will be at that particular recruitment tournament he will come take a look. Worked for my son. ( people beating there brains out to fight for top team placement is useless to a point ) But again you need to be in the right recruitment tournaments where college coaches are present. Some clubs have stronger connections then others to get into these good ones.

I'm new to this. So my son should be reaching out to college coaches and letting him know that he will be at certain tournaments? Thanks for the info.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, I agree. Euthanasia for all 8th grade boys who aren't up to par in lax. The nerve of these undesirables to even show their hideous faces at tryouts. Do you even think about what you post ? No my son is not one of these poor wretched rotting pieces of lumber you speak of. Thank god for that !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, I agree. Euthanasia for all 8th grade boys who aren't up to par in lax. The nerve of these undesirables to even show their hideous faces at tryouts. Do you even think about what you post ? No my son is not one of these poor wretched rotting pieces of lumber you speak of. Thank god for that !

Hah! Yes, that post likely came from some fat slob lax daddy who never played the game. To refer to any kid at this age level as "dead wood" is pretty much a disgrace. Yeah, some kids are just nonathletic and/or immature, but most kids still try hard. Lighten up there lax daddy. Not every kid can be the next Gary Gait like your little Johnny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually- ICON lost their 2 best kids so there's that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did they go? Is that including the Express guest player from last year or did they lose two more? That's too bad if true. That is a great team and strong organization.

Actually- ICON lost their 2 best kids so there's that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They both left and they were not the BEST players... Just saying...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your kid is the best? Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They both left and they were not the BEST players... Just saying...

Of course not...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Icon lost 3 players all to Express. No great loss for the Icon Orange team. 2 of 3 didn't play much last season.

One of them was obviously their best player.
They certainly will be a weaker team without him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No they won't be a weaker team. None of the 3 were the best players...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very low turn out for Express this evening. Will they have enough for two teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very low turn out for Express this evening. Will they have enough for two teams?

Who Cares

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express never cuts anyone. Maybe this year they will have to make some cuts if they don't have enough for two teams and can only field one team. Sad for kids on the second team because they had a good season. Surprising more did not return.

quote=Anonymous]

Who Cares [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the downfall for that team. They are all small players cannot compete in these big showcases. They get pushed around. This team will be a B team only nothing more. All the A players have gone to express,igloo, and legacy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
... Enough about Icon. Grow up!!! You all need a life...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Icon's problem has always been their small size. I saw some new bigger kids with talent at the tryout. With the coaching of PM, JD and NE, Icon will be JUST FINE... imo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express Helmets spotted at various eastern long island tryouts , looks like there's a mass exodus of unhappy players testing the waters elsewhere , true test for MC and his rip off organization will be lets see how those players do for other programs ? and if he actually improved them enough to be a standout player like he claims over and over to parents when he is recruiting kids for his club. You get bare minimum at high price . Nothing really in return. Parents only appease him when they are thinking of sending their son to catholic school. Other then that good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express had about 60 kids there. They will offer a spot to everyone. If they don't have enough for a second team because kids choose not to play for Express they will add kids as they always do by October. The A team will be just as good as last year. The only kids that are leaving are the kids who never played. That is why you see so many Express helmets at other teams tryouts.

Express Helmets spotted at various eastern long island tryouts , looks like there's a mass exodus of unhappy players testing the waters elsewhere , true test for MC and his rip off organization will be lets see how those players do for other programs ? and if he actually improved them enough to be a standout player like he claims over and over to parents when he is recruiting kids for his club. You get bare minimum at high price . Nothing really in return. Parents only appease him when they are thinking of sending their son to catholic school. Other then that good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you respond to this garbage? Everyone who knows lax knows Icon will be good this year. Those who say not have a personal reason to trash them here. My kid has played against Icon many times and they are a top team. No weak links.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who f##king cares it's 8th grade lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes Icon will miss the kid that has played on both Express and Icon last year but I understand he is going to try and do both again, don't know if Icon coach's will allow it as it really is not right but we'll see. As far as the other kid who may be leaving I understand he did not play all last summer and maybe is moving on. They had a very solid attack with two top kids there, a very good def with one kid very good and a core of solid mids. I also understand they had a few new kids at there tryout who will give them good size. They were the best coached team I saw and I'm sure they will be very soild again. They have most of the top kids from Franklin Square, the top 2-3 kids from Garden City and the most of the top kids from RVC which are all good programs. I'm sure that staff will make every player a better lacrosse player which is what they are suppose to do at this age. Is it true that there is a new staff at Express at this age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes Icon will miss the kid that has played on both Express and Icon last year but I understand he is going to try and do both again, don't know if Icon coach's will allow it as it really is not right but we'll see. As far as the other kid who may be leaving I understand he did not play all last summer and maybe is moving on. They had a very solid attack with two top kids there, a very good def with one kid very good and a core of solid mids. I also understand they had a few new kids at there tryout who will give them good size. They were the best coached team I saw and I'm sure they will be very soild again. They have most of the top kids from Franklin Square, the top 2-3 kids from Garden City and the most of the top kids from RVC which are all good programs. I'm sure that staff will make every player a better lacrosse player which is what they are suppose to do at this age. Is it true that there is a new staff at Express at this age group.

Wow, you have quite a wealth of knowledge about a team that you act like "saw".
This was obviously written by one of the Icon asst. coaches/dads. Yes you have a solid team, but it will obviously be effected by the loss of your best player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playing for both teams is so stupid, if one kid decides if you are good or just ok, that is sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were some very hateful posts that were taken down that were not seen by many.

I don't think they are hated.

They are very respected – that's the reason for the chatter.

Good team, good org.

Really is classless. Anyone who is talking about a 13 year old and knows what hes doping and when hes doing it is not only a loser but has something really wrong with him/her. Go get a job and a life you loser.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard that a Express kid is joining Ambush. Any truth to that? Supposedly he is a really good x attack. At least that is how it is being spun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lmao dad or mom I think you know. Who in their right mind would come on here and say I heard a really good x attack. Dad you just want to see if people would say if your kid is good. So people know who you are. So when they see you this fall just remember we are laughing behind your back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lmao dad or mom I think you know. Who in their right mind would come on here and say I heard a really good x attack. Dad you just want to see if people would say if your kid is good. So people know who you are. So when they see you this fall just remember we are laughing behind your back.

No, this is not necessarily the parent of the player who made the previous post. One numerous occasions in the past, comments have been made on this board about players which have appeared to be self-serving but were actually done by an uninvolved party either innocently or because of an agenda. So find the truth before you accuse or laugh at someone behind their back Detective.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express 2021 is imploding, many players are looking to jump ship finally.

Heard that a Express kid is joining Ambush. Any truth to that? Supposedly he is a really good x attack. At least that is how it is being spun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No they are not imploding. Most will be back. True kids are going to tryouts for other teams but the good teams are cutting these kids. If they want to fall to a weaker team they may leave but most won't leave for a weaker team. They did add some icon players but still have not fixed that very weak defense. All defenders will be back because what good team will take any of them? Goalies are always very strong. Attack Is stronger this year. This team will be a little better this season. But won't challenge for the top spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is a joke and everyone knows it GEEEEE everyone made it again that tried out. Have fun being placed into the shuffle.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
EXPRESS hahahahahahah It should be called the EXPRESS TRAIN TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT. MC can care less about anyone but is $$$$$. Sure you made the team. So did 60 other kids. HAHAHAHAHA you will get lost in the shuffle with them all. Oh wait, you also have to deal with "guest" players who just show up, and yes your son will have to sit out again and not play. This program is a wolf in sheep clothing. Buyer beware, yet if you are at this age level and you still go to express should be sucker beware

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MY VIEW ON EXPRESS. IF IT LOOKS LIKE A RAT, SMELLS LIKE A RAT, & ACTS LIKE A RAT, WELL IT MUST BE MC IN HIS LONG TRENCH COAT, DUMB BLUE HAT, & SILLY BACK PACK

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Not for anything but why didn't you just put the last 3 posts into one?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

He was working himself into a frenzy for that final post in ALL CAPS for added effect. Such insightful information he was providing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MY VIEW ON EXPRESS. IF IT LOOKS LIKE A RAT, SMELLS LIKE A RAT, & ACTS LIKE A RAT, WELL IT MUST BE MC IN HIS LONG TRENCH COAT, DUMB BLUE HAT, & SILLY BACK PACK

I guess MC told you that your kid wasn't A material and now you go blaming Express.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

He was working himself into a frenzy for that final post in ALL CAPS for added effect. Such insightful information he was providing.

I guess..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop. Everyone makes the A team at Express

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To be fair all A and B players make Express top team and all the rest make the B team. The funny thing is a B player on Express top team will tryout for another team and the parent will tell the coach of the new team that his kid played for the top Express team. At tryout the new coach will see many flaws the Express kid has but take him anyway thinking they found a top player because he plays for Express top team. By mid year the new team finds out they took a B player. All the top coaches laugh at the coach who got fooled by taking a kid just because he played for Express top team. It happens all the time. What does this tell us. All the bad things people say about Express but they are still very respected. Teams take Express kids even though the kid is not good. They convince them selfs during tryouts the kid is good. So Express is still respected despite what people say.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true that two crush kids are reclassifying if so this is pathetic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it's 4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it's 4

That is even worse. What positions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son was invited to join the 2021 DC Express "Orange" team, which I assume is the B team. Coaches will be Kieran Wilcox and Kyle Mooney. Fees are nearly $3K.

This will be the first year for DC Express in the area.

What do you Long Islanders think?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would not say Most will be back on A team and as far as their 2nd team word to the consumer is "Stay Away" the kids who were cut from 1st and moved to the 2nd team have made their calls and found homes already, it will be a skeleton crew of a team and MC will sell how great it is to play for express to the ones who need a seat to sit in as time goes by. His sparkly smile and a handshake and pat on the back only last until all payments submitted. We have seen this program fluctuate through the years in this age group. He will ruin you more then do good.

No they are not imploding. Most will be back. True kids are going to tryouts for other teams but the good teams are cutting these kids. If they want to fall to a weaker team they may leave but most won't leave for a weaker team. They did add some icon players but still have not fixed that very weak defense. All defenders will be back because what good team will take any of them? Goalies are always very strong. Attack Is stronger this year. This team will be a little better this season. But won't challenge for the top spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son was invited to join the 2021 DC Express "Orange" team, which I assume is the B team. Coaches will be Kieran Wilcox and Kyle Mooney. Fees are nearly $3K.

This will be the first year for DC Express in the area.

What do you Long Islanders think?

DMV parent here - but paying 3K to play for DC Express and not have your coach be named Megill or Horsey seems crazy

B teams never get the same treatment as A teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express B parents have been told this year the B team is an A team. So they will have AA and an A team. No B or C teams. This was a C to C minus team last year. What would make them think they could jump to the A status so fast? Parents get the same speech each year. Things will change from last year and the team will be an A team this year. At some point you can't blame the organization and have to blame the parents who come back every year hearing the same promises each year.

Would not say Most will be back on A team and as far as their 2nd team word to the consumer is "Stay Away" the kids who were cut from 1st and moved to the 2nd team have made their calls and found homes already, it will be a skeleton crew of a team and MC will sell how great it is to play for express to the ones who need a seat to sit in as time goes by. His sparkly smile and a handshake and pat on the back only last until all payments submitted. We have seen this program fluctuate through the years in this age group. He will ruin you more then do good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, this is not necessarily the parent of the player who made the previous post. One numerous occasions in the past, comments have been made on this board about players which have appeared to be self-serving but were actually done by an uninvolved party either innocently or because of an agenda. So find the truth before you accuse or laugh at someone behind their back Detective.
Not the kids dad, a dad on Ambush, and looking to see who this kid is. Turns out he isn't from Express, moved in from out of State. Would be a nice pick up if they got him. Very low turnover on Ambush this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the kids dad, a dad on Ambush, and looking to see who this kid is. Turns out he isn't from Express, moved in from out of State. Would be a nice pick up if they got him. Very low turnover on Ambush this year.

I used to always ask who a player was when my son was in the younger years. I also gave props to that player. I have defending players that my son had never played with but knew the player. I have defended the players my son has played with. Maybe I am a tool for doing that. Maybe I am a tool for always wanting to know who the boys were who showed up almost out of nowhere, or only limited people knew who he was. Oh and by the way, I always ranked the teams but also tried to get them all to play each other. I did this because I had a dream that so like skilled teams might some day play each other.

So it doesn't always have to be the parent. could be in this case, but doesn't have to be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it's 4

Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any teams looking for defense still?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the difference between reclassify, holdback and a PG year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the difference between reclassify, holdback and a PG year?

A.) Holdback- don't register your kid for kindergarten until he is six, so he will be more mature and bigger than his classmates.

B.) Reclass - maybe you did the holdback thing, but junior's classmates have caught up or surpassed him physically in 8th grade, so find a school that will let him repeat the grade again ( mostly private ).

C.) Post-Graduate (PG) - you did A & B, but junior still only got offers to non-competitive D3 schools. This is the 13th grade at some fancy New England prep school if you can foot the $40,000 + bill. Maybe he can get that $4,500 lax scholarship to Siena College in a year's time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The New classification "aa" or "a" is politically correctness for A or B , all clubs are doing this now because the dilusional parents feel a [lacrosse] of alot better paying for a letter that Sounds better for their low self esteem building then for the reality B is 2nd best.
Parents (the consumer)are the biggest issue with every club , more so then the player doing all the work , constant nagging and never any patience . Clubs once again found a marketing strategy that people bought into , although MC is a complete used car salesman when it comes to taking any kid , he sure knows how to keep them biting on the hook year in year out.

quote=Anonymous]Express B parents have been told this year the B team is an A team. So they will have AA and an A team. No B or C teams. This was a C to C minus team last year. What would make them think they could jump to the A status so fast? Parents get the same speech each year. Things will change from last year and the team will be an A team this year. At some point you can't blame the organization and have to blame the parents who come back every year hearing the same promises each year.

[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it's 4

Lol

Think it's 1, yes pretty pathetic, kids change alot from 4th and 5th grade sometimes the prodigy doesn't quite fulfill expectations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how the hitmen are at this age ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hitman - B- or B @ 2021. Allot of the better players in this age group played up on their 2020 team which was prob a solid B team at 2020

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son was on Express 2021 B team last year and will be on Express B team this year as well because quite frankly he belongs on the B team. No one has told us or any other parents that we know that this will be an A team. Your C to C minus grade for last year is accurate. It started out a frustrating year with some kids on the team that weren't that good. I'm not insulting them but all the kids weren't at the same skill level. What we have been told is that if all the kids accept the offer to be on the team is we will be a competitive team, and that's all we're looking for. We were offered a spot on an "A" team with another team but to be honest we liked the coach , Karwoski. Good bunch of kids on the team and they came off smiling every time. Every kid on that team got better last year and it was evident that he cared for the kids. Is Express expensive? You bet your a$$ it is but we knew it going in and we know it this year as well. I think the problem is that kids and parents don't want to hear junior is not A team yet and they run for another team, very rarely do I hear that the ones who run are happy at their new team either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the Outlaws change at all this year? They always have the earliest tryouts- trying to get incrementally better each year...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes outlaws have changed some chemistry this past tryout , got some top talent coming in from Smithtown,

Did the Outlaws change at all this year? They always have the earliest tryouts- trying to get incrementally better each year...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good news for Outlaws. They have be on the bubble for years and will break through with even 2-3 upgrades.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes outlaws have changed some chemistry this past tryout , got some top talent coming in from Smithtown,

Really? I didn't see 1 smith town kid at tryouts that wasn't on the black team last year. No smith town on the select team at all. Get your facts straight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually 3 were there .

quote=Anonymous]

Really? I didn't see 1 smith town kid at tryouts that wasn't on the black team last year. No smith town on the select team at all. Get your facts straight. [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the Jesters have a team this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CAN YOU OR ANYONE ADVISE WHAT ARE SOME OF THE BETTER RECRUITING TOURNAMENTS THAT KIDS SHOULD ATTEND IF THEY ARE INTERESTED IN PLAYING COLLEGE BALL, ESPECIALLY FOR A D1 SCHOOL???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CAN YOU OR ANYONE ADVISE WHAT ARE SOME OF THE BETTER RECRUITING TOURNAMENTS THAT KIDS SHOULD ATTEND IF THEY ARE INTERESTED IN PLAYING COLLEGE BALL, ESPECIALLY FOR A D1 SCHOOL???

Turn off your cap lock!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son was on Express 2021 B team last year and will be on Express B team this year as well because quite frankly he belongs on the B team. No one has told us or any other parents that we know that this will be an A team. Your C to C minus grade for last year is accurate. It started out a frustrating year with some kids on the team that weren't that good. I'm not insulting them but all the kids weren't at the same skill level. What we have been told is that if all the kids accept the offer to be on the team is we will be a competitive team, and that's all we're looking for. We were offered a spot on an "A" team with another team but to be honest we liked the coach , Karwoski. Good bunch of kids on the team and they came off smiling every time. Every kid on that team got better last year and it was evident that he cared for the kids. Is Express expensive? You bet your a$$ it is but we knew it going in and we know it this year as well. I think the problem is that kids and parents don't want to hear junior is not A team yet and they run for another team, very rarely do I hear that the ones who run are happy at their new team either.
Wow, how refreshing it is to hear from a parent who sees this as what it is. A great way to have your kid get better and play with other kids he likes. Thank you for restoring my faith in lax parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son played on A teams from 3rd grade through 7th grade. It became evident that he wasn't keeping up with the curve and last year sat more than he played on what was an exceptional team. This year coach was honest and said he would take him back but he wouldn't play and he felt that would hurt his development. He was honest and din't want him to be stunted in his development. I appreciated that and he now will be playing for a A/B team. A team that is a step below in terms of competitiveness but is very well coached. I think my son at first was upset that he couldn't tell his friends he was playing on an A team, but I am sure his development will now move forward given the fact that he can compete for more playing time.
A or B only matters in terms of egos. If your kid plays and is learning and growing and the competition is just right (no 10 goal wins or 10 goal losses), then he will have fun and he will grow and soon may be on an A team again but for the right reasons.
As a father who has been a bit blind, I now appreciate what that coach said and feel fortunate that my son isn't going back to that team to sit the bench just so we both can wear a "A" team sweatshirt. Once again Lax will be fun1 The way it was supposed to be!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This year, my son attended 3 tryouts and made all 3. My 1st question was will my son get better by playing on team 1,2 or 3?
I looked at who was coaching those teams, the cost of tuition and then added in the cost of the 3-5 away tournaments. Some serious cash being spent on this sport.
Speaking to each coach ( it's a lot easier to do than you would think ) and letting them know my concerns was very helpful. Each coach was more than willing to answer my questions.
As a family, we will choose the team WE think where he will get very good training , playing time and hopefully improve as a player.
So my main question to the coaches were ,will he improve if he is on your team and why do you think that.
One last note, where he plays is my business and not anyone else's.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
This year, my son attended 3 tryouts and made all 3. My 1st question was will my son get better by playing on team 1,2 or 3?
I looked at who was coaching those teams, the cost of tuition and then added in the cost of the 3-5 away tournaments. Some serious cash being spent on this sport.
Speaking to each coach ( it's a lot easier to do than you would think ) and letting them know my concerns was very helpful. Each coach was more than willing to answer my questions.
As a family, we will choose the team WE think where he will get very good training , playing time and hopefully improve as a player.
So my main question to the coaches were ,will he improve if he is on your team and why do you think that.
One last note, where he plays is my business and not anyone else's.

Your last sentence is kind of funny as you put all of your "business" on the thread..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wasn't he just basically laying it out there that he is not going to name team names if someone was wondering and was going to ask . . .?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son got offers from Primetime, Express North, and tristate, any insights, thoughts comments on which direction to go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son got offers from Primetime, Express North, and tristate, any insights, thoughts comments on which direction to go?

I know you are just looking for advice and thoughts about which club could be the best for you. But unfortunately, only you and your son can answer that question.

Things to think about...especially at this age
- Will my son get the practice time to sharpen skills?
- Will my son see the field a fair amount during games/tournaments?
- Will my son receive strong coaching?
- Will my son play against competition that will make him better?
etc, etc, etc

Recruiting is just around the corner (potentially already starting), don't worry about what club everyone else likes. Pick the one that you feel comfortable with.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
300 dollars on try outs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the Jesters have a team this year?

Yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know you are just looking for advice and thoughts about which club could be the best for you. But unfortunately, only you and your son can answer that question.

Things to think about...especially at this age
- Will my son get the practice time to sharpen skills?
- Will my son see the field a fair amount during games/tournaments?
- Will my son receive strong coaching?
- Will my son play against competition that will make him better?
etc, etc, etc

Recruiting is just around the corner (potentially already starting), don't worry about what club everyone else likes. Pick the one that you feel comfortable with.

Just wondering if people have had any good or bad experiences worth thinking about...they all sound great based on the elevator speech given at tryouts. And yes, close to $300 on tryout fees, wanted to make sure we had a home.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear you man, me one try out and then give to St Jude's

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What do you and your son want from the program?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel he gets plenty of instruction throughout the year, attends a lot of clinics and trains regularly. That being said, would like to play on a team with top talent playing against the best programs in the country. Obviously want solid coaching and an organization that is run well with good communication.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is now going into his fourth year on Prime Time and he absolutely loves it. The coaching is great and the competition is always top notch. This year the schedule shifts to even more competitive recruiting events. Obviously, it all depends on what you and your son are looking for but we couldn't be happier with PT.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes Long Island bengals

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Bengals

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the better fall tournaments for 2021 boys to go to? My son's team is looking to do 3 and I'm looking to see if the ones they choose will be worth it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the better fall tournaments for 2021 boys to go to? My son's team is looking to do 3 and I'm looking to see if the ones they choose will be worth it.

So if the all-knowing experts on here say a tournament is no good, you're not going to let your son play with his team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question cannot be answered in a worthwhile way. Tournaments , like teams vary. Some are geared towards top level comp, and some are better suited for b level. if you want to question the tourneys that your team is looking into look ast the sites and look at prior year registrations. then ask 1. do teams return (is it well run) and 2. Are the teams there competitive at my level

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So if the all-knowing experts on here say a tournament is no good, you're not going to let your son play with his team?

No, he will play with the team unless he has a conflict with Football. If his HS team is playing too, then he will have to decide which one to go to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question cannot be answered in a worthwhile way. Tournaments , like teams vary. Some are geared towards top level comp, and some are better suited for b level. if you want to question the tourneys that your team is looking into look ast the sites and look at prior year registrations. then ask 1. do teams return (is it well run) and 2. Are the teams there competitive at my level
Thanks for the feedback. They have done the typical local fall tournaments, but are venturing off the Island for one or two this fall. Just wondering which ones are competitive and well run.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, he will play with the team unless he has a conflict with Football. If his HS team is playing too, then he will have to decide which one to go to.

Wait a minute.... Your 2021 kid is in HS??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, but the JV team wants him to play in a fall tournament this year. He played this summer with them, and ran with the varsity for a few games too. I don't think he's ready for varsity, but did really well with the JV.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, but the JV team wants him to play in a fall tournament this year. He played this summer with them, and ran with the varsity for a few games too. I don't think he's ready for varsity, but did really well with the JV.
please not another Bay Shore kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sorry I asked...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder which school this is. Our school district does not allow 8th grade kids to play JV. Could it be franklin square?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mount Sinai

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder which school this is. Our school district does not allow 8th grade kids to play JV. Could it be franklin square?

Nope take another guess

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WEST ISLIP DOES NOT ALLOW 8th GRADERS TO PLAY VARSITY ONLY JV

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The guy is talking about summer and fall ball. Many districts will let or ask younger playets to fill out a roster bc the regulars are away or have conflicts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The guy is talking about summer and fall ball. Many districts will let or ask younger playets to fill out a roster bc the regulars are away or have conflicts

Enough with the 8th graders playing Varsity. Shame on the HS coach for entertaining that. In past 10 yrs I've seen 2 8th graders that can help the team. Gallasso and kid from Bay Shore. That's it. I'll take my 6'1 180lb senior over an 8th grader anyday. I don't care how crafty he is. They have more then enough time to be on varsity. Let the older kids have their time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the lacrosse juggernaut, Franklin Square?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There have been 2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IROCs and gold chains ....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mount Sinai

Lol, I bet your right!! There is a new Sheriff in that town.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah his 14 year old has dropped down to 2021.too small and getting beat up by the 2020's.is he still age or grade appropriate to play with the bandits or smash?lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sweet perm dad is back and ruffling feathers.
Must be slow at the salon.
Hair glistens and smells great though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As the new Sheriff slowly and strategically manipulates the coaches and takes over to his standards. Put your money on it alot of new faces appear in the district .

Mount Sinai

Lol, I bet your right!! There is a new Sheriff in that town.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both Igloo teams made many changes. Look for Avalanche to be a top three or four team now. Icon will drop out of the top four this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah his 14 year old has dropped down to 2021.too small and getting beat up by the 2020's.is he still age or grade appropriate to play with the bandits or smash?lol

Wrong person

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enough with the 8th graders playing Varsity. Shame on the HS coach for entertaining that. In past 10 yrs I've seen 2 8th graders that can help the team. Gallasso and kid from Bay Shore. That's it. I'll take my 6'1 180lb senior over an 8th grader anyday. I don't care how crafty he is. They have more then enough time to be on varsity. Let the older kids have their time.

You are wrong to say shame on the coaches, for Bay Shore it works and is necessary. Bay Shore makes a habit of 8th graders playing up and each kid makes the most of it, all playing at the next level. They fit the pieces needed and then some like this years crop, Playing with those 6'1" kids and against them. Just remember Some schools don't have that luxury and are lucky to have them. You may say the are lucky to play varsity I say the school is lucky to hve a ki that can play.

Did Galasso even play a full season in 8th grade or just got pulled up right before playoffs. Lukavic is a better example.

But to say let the older kids have their time is rediculous. Play the better player. You want kids to wait there is always Chaminade and St. Anthony's.

Now if you have only seen 2 then you ain't as much of a follower. Maybe, just maybe you just didn't know they were in 8th grade. Oneill Lukavic Gallasso are 3 for sure but there are more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why will Icon drop, they yes they lost their top player, but picked up a few big kids who are solid players who never played travel. They have a very good group of talented players and a very good staff, will be very surprised if the do drop off. The same attack group who are very talented, same def again who are very strong and the same middies (other than the one who left) but picked up a few good big kid ones, and same goalies. They made 3-4 changes that will help.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are many more. some people just are humble and dont feel the need to throw a parade

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are many more. some people just are humble and dont feel the need to throw a parade

Interested in the many more.
How many from the years played in 8th.

How many in 2017's played in 8th
2018's
2019's

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why will Icon drop, they yes they lost their top player, but picked up a few big kids who are solid players who never played travel. They have a very good group of talented players and a very good staff, will be very surprised if the do drop off. The same attack group who are very talented, same def again who are very strong and the same middies (other than the one who left) but picked up a few good big kid ones, and same goalies. They made 3-4 changes that will help.

I agree 100% the team will be absolutely fine. While it's fair to admit we actually lost two top middies, we do have depth, the team added some new kids with size, and the rest of the squad is in tact and will be sprouting! Should be an exciting year!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IROCs and gold chains ....
LI version of Prestige WorldWide

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. My son is a young 8th grader, and is big enough to play varsity. Just too much pressure for a 13 year old to have to run with 18 and in some cases 19 year old players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree 100% the team will be absolutely fine. While it's fair to admit we actually lost two top middies, we do have depth, the team added some new kids with size, and the rest of the squad is in tact and will be sprouting! Should be an exciting year!
Good coaching, and well run team. If I lived near them I would love to have my son try out for that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good coaching, and well run team. If I lived near them I would love to have my son try out for that team.

If? You can always move. Where is your commitment to your son being the best lacrosse player on Long Island. What kind of example are you setting...that it is OK to accept reality!?!? What a shame....horrible parenting

(and before anyone jumps on this....i'm only kidding. slow day in the office and just trying to give a laugh out there to anyone in the same kind of day)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If? You can always move. Where is your commitment to your son being the best lacrosse player on Long Island. What kind of example are you setting...that it is OK to accept reality!?!? What a shame....horrible parenting

(and before anyone jumps on this....i'm only kidding. slow day in the office and just trying to give a laugh out there to anyone in the same kind of day)
LMAO. Selling my home in Dix Hills to move to RVC and double my taxes so my kid can play DI Ball!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It appears Both Igloo teams and both 91 teams will be much stronger this year. Express made some nice changes and should have a better defense. It should be a fun year. The gap has closed and many will challenge for that top spot. Maybe all the top Long Island teams will stay on Long Island and play each other before summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any thoughts on the Elite 80 Fall event? Do you think all those coaches are coming to watch 8th graders?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are being paid alot-that is why they are there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will be we represented by Igloo kids. You can be sure of that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any thoughts on the Elite 80 Fall event? Do you think all those coaches are coming to watch 8th graders?

YES

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo put it together they should get more kids. I'm sure it will be well attended with a good number of the top kids in each class there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo put it together they should get more kids. I'm sure it will be well attended with a good number of the top kids in each class there.

Waste of time, not a recruiting event, and way too expensive! Also, its open to all, so not elite.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess your son did not get asked. It is not open to all. Look at the coach's who will be there how much of a waste of time will it be to get some instruction from those guys and get the player in front of them. If you don't think for a moment these colleges coach's are not taking notes of kids in 8th grade but now you don't get. Not saying I agree with at all, but it is what it is. This will be a good thing from the way I see it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Guess your son did not get asked" U are a looser. You have to replace your small ego and try and use ur son to make you feel like a big shot. This site was made for people just like you. You most likely live in your parents basement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Already has waitlist for 2021 midfielders and attack

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait list ? I thought it was recommendations from your club coach ? Open to all I guess at $380 for the day ?? Are they kidding

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do your homework, the site says 4 attackmen, 6 middies, 2 LSM, 2 Fogos, 4 Defensemen, and 2 Goalies per team. 80 Players max per grade. So play time and exposure will be extremely high. 13 D1 head coaches; coaching and instructing and getting to know your son. My son has gone to other showcases, and I can tell you that no one has a list of coaches like this. So instead of complaining here, don't go; that is your choice, but to say it isn't worth it, is like saying to a one of these to D1 Head coaches hey your not worth 64 dollars a hour. Many of you may pay more for a private lesson. So do your homework before you bash.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This shows that you don't understand the rules... According to the NCAA it has to be open to the public. Do your homework before you bash. You have to know that with this cast of coaches this is going to be well worth it. By the way if your son attends and for some reason talking directly to the Duke coach, or Notre Dame Coach inspires him, because it only takes one moment like that to turn on a light bulb; isn't it worth it..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]"Guess your son did not get asked" U are a looser. You have to replace your small ego and try and use ur son to make you feel like a big shot. This site was made for people just like you. You most likely live in your parents basement.

For good or for bad, there are enough lax parents on LI that don't have to watch how they spend their money . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good for Igloo. These coaches will remember the Igloo name. I'm sure it'll be a First Class operation, one that these coaches will remember when recruiting over the next several years.
Plant the seed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a son who is too young for this event. The recruiting process, if he's even up for it and if he has the skill/ability of course, is a few years away but I am curious about how this works.

Would you mind elaborating on what makes this event different from a typical recruiting event? I'm assuming b/c it's Igloo, price is one factor as that club leads the way on costs but aside from that, is the structure of the event significantly different from other more typical recruiting events?

Finally, you mention prospect days but only if the coach has expressed interest. What is the difference b/w a recruiting event and a 'prospect' day. And, as importantly, how does the coach express interest unless your son has already attended recruiting events and prospect days? It seems a little circular to me.

The clubs give the impression that they are the key to getting your son recruited. This is probably the biggest reason we all (or at least most of us) drive ourselves crazy in August trying to get our boys onto these 'AA' teams. Are clubs not as critical as we are led to believe?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
clubs mainly pick kids to win. So size may trump skill and IQ. especially at this age. Sometimes a better all around player will do better at a prospect day then at a TOP tournament where his skill and IQ does not get overshadowed by pure size.

Many times early recruits get committed on the size and you read Raw or once he develops some skills watch out. Many of these kids just cant get on the field in college. Just look up 2013 & 2014 commits and you wont find them on the same college team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good for Igloo. These coaches will remember the Igloo name. I'm sure it'll be a First Class operation, one that these coaches will remember when recruiting over the next several years.
Plant the seed.

Let me guess? Your son plays for Igloo and will be attending the event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do your homework, the site says 4 attackmen, 6 middies, 2 LSM, 2 Fogos, 4 Defensemen, and 2 Goalies per team. 80 Players max per grade. So play time and exposure will be extremely high. 13 D1 head coaches; coaching and instructing and getting to know your son. My son has gone to other showcases, and I can tell you that no one has a list of coaches like this. So instead of complaining here, don't go; that is your choice, but to say it isn't worth it, is like saying to a one of these to D1 Head coaches hey your not worth 64 dollars a hour. Many of you may pay more for a private lesson. So do your homework before you bash.
Of course there will be a wait list. Do you thing that Igloo will not let one of their own make it over a non Igloo player. So that means 12 attack, 18 Middies, 4 LSM, 2 FOGOS, 12 Defense and 4 goalie spots are already taken. So basically 3 teams of Igloo kids, and one team for everyone else. They have every right to do this, and it is a great PR stunt for them, but set your sites realistically. And no, my son hasn't gotten an invite even though he was recommended by his coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All Igloo Players have first come invitation. After that it will be until each grade has 80 players just as someone said earlier. It was described by others above on team make up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All Igloo Players have first come invitation. After that it will be until each grade has 80 players just as someone said earlier. It was described by others above on team make up.

Anyone could sign up, it's not elite....sorry, just another money grad with no recruiting benefit, similar to the event last July in Virginia with 2 tryouts here on LI. If it smells like a fish........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I only put this here because my son is 2021 and a face off kid. The NCAA Playing Rules Oversight Panel on Tuesday approved a tweak to the faceoff procedure in men’s lacrosse for officials to follow starting with the 2017 season.

The new rule modifies the officiating mechanic used during faceoffs. During the faceoff procedure, game officials will center the ball five inches from the middle of the head of each faceoff player’s stick. The rules proposal, made this summer by the NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Committee, aims to make the officiating mechanic clear and consistent for each faceoff and to enhance the fairness of the faceoff play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That will be a wrinkle this summer. Most tourneys play NFHS rules (or modified NFHS) so this wont affect the FOGOs. But, some play college rules for some reason and this would be in effect. Junior may have to bounce back and forth between rules each week

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is not anyone can try out. It goes to Igloo only first. Then the leftover spots will be offered to others until it reaches 4 teams of 20. Division 1 Coaches running the drills and explaining what they look for when recruiting. I am Not an Igloo coach and Though my Son made Igloo after tryouts. We Picked a different team. It was explained to me when He made the team. Hope this clears it up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then don't go. But if you want the chance to get in front of these coaches, then you would go without complaint. And according to NCAA rules registration has to be open to everyone...which it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct. If people don't like it don't go. It sounds like a great event for older kids. The only thing is the Igloo players should be going for free if the team tuition is truly "all inclusive". To pay close to $4,000 in tuition then pay more for this clearly a money maker. Also most 2021 kids will be wasting money and time especially the Avalanche kids.

Then don't go. But if you want the chance to get in front of these coaches, then you would go without complaint. And according to NCAA rules registration has to be open to everyone...which it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We were at the Igloo tryouts also and AA was very clear and upfront about this process. As ,like yourself, we chose a different team , but did get an invite and will happily attend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct. If people don't like it don't go. It sounds like a great event for older kids. The only thing is the Igloo players should be going for free if the team tuition is truly "all inclusive". To pay close to $4,000 in tuition then pay more for this clearly a money maker. Also most 2021 kids will be wasting money and time especially the Avalanche kids.

Hey jackoff. You were about your money I'll worry about mine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That will be a wrinkle this summer. Most tourneys play NFHS rules (or modified NFHS) so this wont affect the FOGOs. But, some play college rules for some reason and this would be in effect. Junior may have to bounce back and forth between rules each week

This "rule change" represents no actual change. Do you really think the refs are going out there with a ruler? My son plays in college and says it's essentially the same.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No class response by calling names. We are hoping you are not an Igloo parent. I guess you are frustrated about how it is all turning out.

Hey jackoff. You were about your money I'll worry about mine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good news for Outlaws. They have be on the bubble for years and will break through with even 2-3 upgrades.

You might be speaking the truth. Shocking on this site. I can't confirm this 100% but from what I hear (via Outlaw Select long time parent- who tends to tell it like it is" says the Team picked up 5 stellar upgrades. 2 starters from Igloo Black ice, 1 from Express wolves, 1 syosset, And 1 top Huntington hockey recruit who is no joke- 5'11, 160 already at 13. If that's true- that's a pretty huge grab for a NXT semifinal team. The majority of these replacements came on defense. They return the same fogo, goalie, midfield, almost all attack and then add these 5 supposedly. The Igloo kids they added are starters - I know one of them- and he's very talented. So- I guess we will confirm it once we hit the first fall tourney and play them.

I will say, my son and I caught the last few minutes of this Outlaws team play at NXT and were impressed the way they beat the Rising Sons. Outlaws were a semi finalist with Igloo, Mesa and **Blaze. Not too shabby. So it definitely does appear they are "close" as you say. Good for them.

I still think they will be a notch below Blaze and Black Ice. Maybe they will join Icon and Express, and those five will be the elite. Maybe Greyhounds turn it around and join them.

I think it's great to have a bunch of teams that are dominant representing LI like we just saw at NXT. ***Blaze proved The best team there. Case closed.

Outlaws also filled up 3 teams in 2021????? Is that correct - a select AA team, a Gold A team and a Black B team. Filled. That's impressive.
And legacy, express- still scrambling to fill up the second teams?

Guess PB was smart to do a board of directors - all active varsity coaches of high schools within the surrounding areas. I usually knock what that toker does. Perhaps 125 college commitments since 2013 speaks for itself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You might be speaking the truth. Shocking on this site. I can't confirm this 100% but from what I hear (via Outlaw Select long time parent- who tends to tell it like it is" says the Team picked up 5 stellar upgrades. 2 starters from Igloo Black ice, 1 from Express wolves, 1 syosset, And 1 top Huntington hockey recruit who is no joke- 5'11, 160 already at 13. If that's true- that's a pretty huge grab for a NXT semifinal team. The majority of these replacements came on defense. They return the same fogo, goalie, midfield, almost all attack and then add these 5 supposedly. The Igloo kids they added are starters - I know one of them- and he's very talented. So- I guess we will confirm it once we hit the first fall tourney and play them.

I will say, my son and I caught the last few minutes of this Outlaws team play at NXT and were impressed the way they beat the Rising Sons. Outlaws were a semi finalist with Igloo, Mesa and **Blaze. Not too shabby. So it definitely does appear they are "close" as you say. Good for them.

I still think they will be a notch below Blaze and Black Ice. Maybe they will join Icon and Express, and those five will be the elite. Maybe Greyhounds turn it around and join them.

I think it's great to have a bunch of teams that are dominant representing LI like we just saw at NXT. ***Blaze proved The best team there. Case closed.

Outlaws also filled up 3 teams in 2021????? Is that correct - a select AA team, a Gold A team and a Black B team. Filled. That's impressive.
And legacy, express- still scrambling to fill up the second teams?

Guess PB was smart to do a board of directors - all active varsity coaches of high schools within the surrounding areas. I usually knock what that toker does. Perhaps 125 college commitments since 2013 speaks for itself.

Yes that is correct. Outlaws have filled 3 teams this year for 2021 and 2022. The Black teams seems to have some talented kids who came over from over programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear the kid is 6'16" and 270. They fly him in fir games from Lincoln. Crushed by Jefferson, hit by Jefferson, pounced by Jefferson...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My Father is a television repairman, I can fix it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is OUR time, Mr. Hand.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice little scrimmage happening Next Sunday the 16th, 4 teams involved. True Blue, Outlaws, Ambush, and Express North. Farmingdale College. Just an FYI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams should do this more often rather than pay a lot of money for these tournaments where teams are at the fields all day to play the same teams with hours of breaks in between games. The only down fall is that teams tend to back out at the last second for various reasons when they don't have a large deposit on the line. I assume it is the Outlaws Gold team playing. Nice fun way to start the season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with the above however too many clubs are afraid of damaging their brand and won't play certain teams. Or they will play once and if they get beat never play the, again voluntarily.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets focus on Express and how it did not workout for a particular 2020 coach/parent so he is now on the sidelines for the 2021 Express team ,that is just terrible and now he is trying to put his kid on first line and take away from kids who deserve it and are right age .... PATHETIC !!!!!! JS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like outlaws select got the 2021 leftovers. Lost to fl$ and the greyhounds today.great job outlaws

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like outlaws select got the 2021 leftovers. Lost to fl$ and the greyhounds today.great job outlaws
How can they lose to fl$? That doesn't make sense if they picked up all of these great players!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can they lose to fl$? That doesn't make sense if they picked up all of these great players!

didn't some leave other teams to go there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets focus on Express and how it did not workout for a particular 2020 coach/parent so he is now on the sidelines for the 2021 Express team ,that is just terrible and now he is trying to put his kid on first line and take away from kids who deserve it and are right age .... PATHETIC !!!!!! JS

Amen that someone has called this out quickly! In just a short time it has become apparent that's exactly what's happening here ... It's already become a topic of conversation among both kids and parents, and will quickly become a distraction for a team with so many terrific things going for it. The extra hands on the sidelines are just not worth it, and the team will suffer in performance and morale in the long run. All kids should earn PT based on their own merit. Dad should move across the field and join the rest of the parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From the Looks of F.L.G Suffolk ,Theres a complete total money grab , the intentions which is good was to get the east end players to expand the program with good talent and there is nothing wrong with that ! ,the only problem was they didn't really have a good turn out and took anyone who showed . They grabbed whatever they could and the proof no matter what showed by the looks of the final scores yesterday . Good luck keeping this team together. WOW.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As long as they have a quality coach and are developing who cares.
From the Looks of F.L.G Suffolk ,Theres a complete total money grab , the intentions which is good was to get the east end players to expand the program with good talent and there is nothing wrong with that ! ,the only problem was they didn't really have a good turn out and took anyone who showed . They grabbed whatever they could and the proof no matter what showed by the looks of the final scores yesterday . Good luck keeping this team together. WOW.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He played daddy ball on the 2020 Express and now watch him do it on the 2021 team , our kids on 2021 should not be put in this position because it did not work out for his son , go play your own age group ....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Developing ? 8th grade ?
That's all good if that's what everyone on the team signed up for ! otherwise people come for various different reasons But the ones who sign up because their allstar is prince the almighty competitor .. they will be the unhappy parent once they realize some players are their to develop and could care less about competing .
It happens all the time .

As long as they have a quality coach and are developing who cares.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Madlax 2021 killed it at the playday last weekend. Not surprising that every is quiet about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Madlax 2021 killed it at the playday last weekend. Not surprising that every is quiet about it.

Well tell us who did they play? being they killed it fill us in

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On Sunday they beat Leading Edge by one goal and lost to Manhasset by several. Not sure who told you they did well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who the heck is Madlax 2021?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes developing in 8th grade. Do you tbink 8th grade players aredone developing. Even those studs who will commit this year have a ton of developing to do. Many, if most will not play at a college level.
Secondly,Those who want to play competitive and top level should not be looking at a new team at this point. If they went to a new team it is probably bc the could not land a spot on a top team for
Recruiting. If those kids and their parents are pissed at the other boys on their team they should
Lookd in the mirror. Are they as good as they think?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice little scrimmage happening Next Sunday the 16th, 4 teams involved. True Blue, Outlaws, Ambush, and Express North. Farmingdale College. Just an FYI.

The scrimmage was a very positive experience. The cost was ref money and the kids got three very competitive games. Scores? Who knows, I saw kids playing hard and having fun. Any chance these clubs can organize another event like this? Hello coaches... lets do it again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The scrimmage was a very positive experience. The cost was ref money and the kids got three very competitive games. Scores? Who knows, I saw kids playing hard and having fun. Any chance these clubs can organize another event like this? Hello coaches... lets do it again.

$10 a boy - can't beat that! I couldn't be there, but heard from another father that it was a great experience also. I know that my son's team is looking to do this every other week until weather goes south, so hopefully that works out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$10 a boy - can't beat that! I couldn't be there, but heard from another father that it was a great experience also. I know that my son's team is looking to do this every other week until weather goes south, so hopefully that works out.

That sounds awesome, keep posting about the scrimmages. Wish my kids team would do this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That sounds awesome, keep posting about the scrimmages. Wish my kids team would do this.
It was great for all of the teams involved. They all had fun, the refs kept control, but let the boys play, and everyone got better. Some games were closer than others, but it was really a great experience for the boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone explain to me how a 2021 can be fifteen years old. Orange crush team was full of 01s and 02s. Does that make 2022 02s and 03s

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its called DOUBLE HOLDBACK

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is what is wrong with this sport. Get the ages correct

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone explain to me how a 2021 can be fifteen years old. Orange crush team was full of 01s and 02s. Does that make 2022 02s and 03s

Start school a year late and then holdback......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure which 2021 team you're talking about, but Crush is a 2020 team - they should all be (late) 01s and 02s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Start school a year late and then holdback......
Funny, I was speaking to a parent about this on the sideline Sunday. We both agreed that we would rather our boys play up than hold them back. My Son is an October 2003 birthday so if we were outside of NY, he would be a 2022. He will get much more playing against 15 and 16 year old now, so he will be ready to play in HS next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And it's ridiculous and sad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And it's ridiculous and sad

No it is double ridiculous and double sad!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is your son a defender because I don't believe an attack and middie being outweighed by 50 pounds lets the player improve at this age. The gap will narrow but right now its not fair for the real aged kid unless he is freakishly big for his age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unless he gets hurt by some 15 year old, 6'2", 160 lbs defender....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Welcome to world of youth lacrosse. It's a shame US Lacrosse has no teeth and can't put a stop to this holdback nonsense. The Maryland clubs that draw from the Baltimore private schools are the kings of this scam. Crabs, FCA and Looneys being the biggest offenders. Crabs 2020 roster had a 16 year old on their 8th grade team. wth?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Welcome to world of youth lacrosse. It's a shame US Lacrosse has no teeth and can't put a stop to this holdback nonsense. The Maryland clubs that draw from the Baltimore private schools are the kings of this scam. Crabs, FCA and Looneys being the biggest offenders. Crabs 2020 roster had a 16 year old on their 8th grade team. wth?

Agree 100%. My son is a summer of 03 birthday and plays for a top LI club that more than holds their own. His team of 13 year olds routinely plays other 2021 teams with kids sometimes 1 to 2 years older who are also 2021. The difference between a 13 year old and a 15 year old is can not be understated. When my kid is 15, if he lines up against a 19 year old so be it. At least he will have almost grown to adult height at that point. But right now he is a 13 year olds like most other LI eight graders. LI has kids who are 15 who are in their junior year in high school.........other states have 15 year old eight graders. Youth lacrosse needs to be aged based. In high school, grade is acceptable, but not until then.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son played against Looneys last spring @ Blue Hen, and there were literally 7+ boys out starting for them on the opening faceoff that were over 6' Saw pretty much the same thing with all of the teams in that tourney for the 2021 bracket, and that also included a lot of PA teams.

Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard