BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,603
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 32 1 2 3 4 31 32
Re: Boys 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There were some very hateful posts that were taken down that were not seen by many.

I don't think they are hated.

They are very respected – that's the reason for the chatter.

Good team, good org.

Really is classless. Anyone who is talking about a 13 year old and knows what hes doping and when hes doing it is not only a loser but has something really wrong with him/her. Go get a job and a life you loser.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard that a Express kid is joining Ambush. Any truth to that? Supposedly he is a really good x attack. At least that is how it is being spun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lmao dad or mom I think you know. Who in their right mind would come on here and say I heard a really good x attack. Dad you just want to see if people would say if your kid is good. So people know who you are. So when they see you this fall just remember we are laughing behind your back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lmao dad or mom I think you know. Who in their right mind would come on here and say I heard a really good x attack. Dad you just want to see if people would say if your kid is good. So people know who you are. So when they see you this fall just remember we are laughing behind your back.

No, this is not necessarily the parent of the player who made the previous post. One numerous occasions in the past, comments have been made on this board about players which have appeared to be self-serving but were actually done by an uninvolved party either innocently or because of an agenda. So find the truth before you accuse or laugh at someone behind their back Detective.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express 2021 is imploding, many players are looking to jump ship finally.

Heard that a Express kid is joining Ambush. Any truth to that? Supposedly he is a really good x attack. At least that is how it is being spun.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No they are not imploding. Most will be back. True kids are going to tryouts for other teams but the good teams are cutting these kids. If they want to fall to a weaker team they may leave but most won't leave for a weaker team. They did add some icon players but still have not fixed that very weak defense. All defenders will be back because what good team will take any of them? Goalies are always very strong. Attack Is stronger this year. This team will be a little better this season. But won't challenge for the top spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is a joke and everyone knows it GEEEEE everyone made it again that tried out. Have fun being placed into the shuffle.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
EXPRESS hahahahahahah It should be called the EXPRESS TRAIN TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT. MC can care less about anyone but is $$$$$. Sure you made the team. So did 60 other kids. HAHAHAHAHA you will get lost in the shuffle with them all. Oh wait, you also have to deal with "guest" players who just show up, and yes your son will have to sit out again and not play. This program is a wolf in sheep clothing. Buyer beware, yet if you are at this age level and you still go to express should be sucker beware

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MY VIEW ON EXPRESS. IF IT LOOKS LIKE A RAT, SMELLS LIKE A RAT, & ACTS LIKE A RAT, WELL IT MUST BE MC IN HIS LONG TRENCH COAT, DUMB BLUE HAT, & SILLY BACK PACK

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Not for anything but why didn't you just put the last 3 posts into one?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

He was working himself into a frenzy for that final post in ALL CAPS for added effect. Such insightful information he was providing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MY VIEW ON EXPRESS. IF IT LOOKS LIKE A RAT, SMELLS LIKE A RAT, & ACTS LIKE A RAT, WELL IT MUST BE MC IN HIS LONG TRENCH COAT, DUMB BLUE HAT, & SILLY BACK PACK

I guess MC told you that your kid wasn't A material and now you go blaming Express.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

He was working himself into a frenzy for that final post in ALL CAPS for added effect. Such insightful information he was providing.

I guess..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop. Everyone makes the A team at Express

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To be fair all A and B players make Express top team and all the rest make the B team. The funny thing is a B player on Express top team will tryout for another team and the parent will tell the coach of the new team that his kid played for the top Express team. At tryout the new coach will see many flaws the Express kid has but take him anyway thinking they found a top player because he plays for Express top team. By mid year the new team finds out they took a B player. All the top coaches laugh at the coach who got fooled by taking a kid just because he played for Express top team. It happens all the time. What does this tell us. All the bad things people say about Express but they are still very respected. Teams take Express kids even though the kid is not good. They convince them selfs during tryouts the kid is good. So Express is still respected despite what people say.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true that two crush kids are reclassifying if so this is pathetic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it's 4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it's 4

That is even worse. What positions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son was invited to join the 2021 DC Express "Orange" team, which I assume is the B team. Coaches will be Kieran Wilcox and Kyle Mooney. Fees are nearly $3K.

This will be the first year for DC Express in the area.

What do you Long Islanders think?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would not say Most will be back on A team and as far as their 2nd team word to the consumer is "Stay Away" the kids who were cut from 1st and moved to the 2nd team have made their calls and found homes already, it will be a skeleton crew of a team and MC will sell how great it is to play for express to the ones who need a seat to sit in as time goes by. His sparkly smile and a handshake and pat on the back only last until all payments submitted. We have seen this program fluctuate through the years in this age group. He will ruin you more then do good.

No they are not imploding. Most will be back. True kids are going to tryouts for other teams but the good teams are cutting these kids. If they want to fall to a weaker team they may leave but most won't leave for a weaker team. They did add some icon players but still have not fixed that very weak defense. All defenders will be back because what good team will take any of them? Goalies are always very strong. Attack Is stronger this year. This team will be a little better this season. But won't challenge for the top spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son was invited to join the 2021 DC Express "Orange" team, which I assume is the B team. Coaches will be Kieran Wilcox and Kyle Mooney. Fees are nearly $3K.

This will be the first year for DC Express in the area.

What do you Long Islanders think?

DMV parent here - but paying 3K to play for DC Express and not have your coach be named Megill or Horsey seems crazy

B teams never get the same treatment as A teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express B parents have been told this year the B team is an A team. So they will have AA and an A team. No B or C teams. This was a C to C minus team last year. What would make them think they could jump to the A status so fast? Parents get the same speech each year. Things will change from last year and the team will be an A team this year. At some point you can't blame the organization and have to blame the parents who come back every year hearing the same promises each year.

Would not say Most will be back on A team and as far as their 2nd team word to the consumer is "Stay Away" the kids who were cut from 1st and moved to the 2nd team have made their calls and found homes already, it will be a skeleton crew of a team and MC will sell how great it is to play for express to the ones who need a seat to sit in as time goes by. His sparkly smile and a handshake and pat on the back only last until all payments submitted. We have seen this program fluctuate through the years in this age group. He will ruin you more then do good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, this is not necessarily the parent of the player who made the previous post. One numerous occasions in the past, comments have been made on this board about players which have appeared to be self-serving but were actually done by an uninvolved party either innocently or because of an agenda. So find the truth before you accuse or laugh at someone behind their back Detective.
Not the kids dad, a dad on Ambush, and looking to see who this kid is. Turns out he isn't from Express, moved in from out of State. Would be a nice pick up if they got him. Very low turnover on Ambush this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the kids dad, a dad on Ambush, and looking to see who this kid is. Turns out he isn't from Express, moved in from out of State. Would be a nice pick up if they got him. Very low turnover on Ambush this year.

I used to always ask who a player was when my son was in the younger years. I also gave props to that player. I have defending players that my son had never played with but knew the player. I have defended the players my son has played with. Maybe I am a tool for doing that. Maybe I am a tool for always wanting to know who the boys were who showed up almost out of nowhere, or only limited people knew who he was. Oh and by the way, I always ranked the teams but also tried to get them all to play each other. I did this because I had a dream that so like skilled teams might some day play each other.

So it doesn't always have to be the parent. could be in this case, but doesn't have to be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it's 4

Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any teams looking for defense still?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the difference between reclassify, holdback and a PG year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the difference between reclassify, holdback and a PG year?

A.) Holdback- don't register your kid for kindergarten until he is six, so he will be more mature and bigger than his classmates.

B.) Reclass - maybe you did the holdback thing, but junior's classmates have caught up or surpassed him physically in 8th grade, so find a school that will let him repeat the grade again ( mostly private ).

C.) Post-Graduate (PG) - you did A & B, but junior still only got offers to non-competitive D3 schools. This is the 13th grade at some fancy New England prep school if you can foot the $40,000 + bill. Maybe he can get that $4,500 lax scholarship to Siena College in a year's time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The New classification "aa" or "a" is politically correctness for A or B , all clubs are doing this now because the dilusional parents feel a [lacrosse] of alot better paying for a letter that Sounds better for their low self esteem building then for the reality B is 2nd best.
Parents (the consumer)are the biggest issue with every club , more so then the player doing all the work , constant nagging and never any patience . Clubs once again found a marketing strategy that people bought into , although MC is a complete used car salesman when it comes to taking any kid , he sure knows how to keep them biting on the hook year in year out.

quote=Anonymous]Express B parents have been told this year the B team is an A team. So they will have AA and an A team. No B or C teams. This was a C to C minus team last year. What would make them think they could jump to the A status so fast? Parents get the same speech each year. Things will change from last year and the team will be an A team this year. At some point you can't blame the organization and have to blame the parents who come back every year hearing the same promises each year.

[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it's 4

Lol

Think it's 1, yes pretty pathetic, kids change alot from 4th and 5th grade sometimes the prodigy doesn't quite fulfill expectations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how the hitmen are at this age ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hitman - B- or B @ 2021. Allot of the better players in this age group played up on their 2020 team which was prob a solid B team at 2020

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son was on Express 2021 B team last year and will be on Express B team this year as well because quite frankly he belongs on the B team. No one has told us or any other parents that we know that this will be an A team. Your C to C minus grade for last year is accurate. It started out a frustrating year with some kids on the team that weren't that good. I'm not insulting them but all the kids weren't at the same skill level. What we have been told is that if all the kids accept the offer to be on the team is we will be a competitive team, and that's all we're looking for. We were offered a spot on an "A" team with another team but to be honest we liked the coach , Karwoski. Good bunch of kids on the team and they came off smiling every time. Every kid on that team got better last year and it was evident that he cared for the kids. Is Express expensive? You bet your a$$ it is but we knew it going in and we know it this year as well. I think the problem is that kids and parents don't want to hear junior is not A team yet and they run for another team, very rarely do I hear that the ones who run are happy at their new team either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the Outlaws change at all this year? They always have the earliest tryouts- trying to get incrementally better each year...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes outlaws have changed some chemistry this past tryout , got some top talent coming in from Smithtown,

Did the Outlaws change at all this year? They always have the earliest tryouts- trying to get incrementally better each year...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good news for Outlaws. They have be on the bubble for years and will break through with even 2-3 upgrades.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes outlaws have changed some chemistry this past tryout , got some top talent coming in from Smithtown,

Really? I didn't see 1 smith town kid at tryouts that wasn't on the black team last year. No smith town on the select team at all. Get your facts straight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually 3 were there .

quote=Anonymous]

Really? I didn't see 1 smith town kid at tryouts that wasn't on the black team last year. No smith town on the select team at all. Get your facts straight. [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the Jesters have a team this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CAN YOU OR ANYONE ADVISE WHAT ARE SOME OF THE BETTER RECRUITING TOURNAMENTS THAT KIDS SHOULD ATTEND IF THEY ARE INTERESTED IN PLAYING COLLEGE BALL, ESPECIALLY FOR A D1 SCHOOL???

Page 2 of 32 1 2 3 4 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard