BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 32 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 31 32
Re: Boys 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You don't need club lacrosse to get offers. Go to Prospect camps. And bring your grades with you.

Agree that can work but being in front of coaches more times gives you a better chance hence club lacrosse

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't know don't care if any kid in 8th grade committed. If he plays for Icon or any kid that plays for Icon, they have the advantage of some of the best and most well respected people in the country. I don't think any of his coach's or the club owner would have him make any decision with doing all their homework. I have seen that team play and yes Igloo and 91 are very talented teams but that team has a number of kids that will end up going to some very schools because of their talent yes, most important but also any coach who looks at them will know they are being taught the right way. The college coach's will know who has being teaching them and know what those guys say is the truth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don't need club lacrosse to get offers. Go to Prospect camps. And bring your grades with you.

Agree that can work but being in front of coaches more times gives you a better chance hence club lacrosse
Generally speaking, yes, but even then, Club coaches are only pushing a certain few players with each college recruiting coach. Most college coaches are not watching whole teams, but 4 or 5 numbers that a club coach has relayed. Of course somebody else could have a stand out game, or great afternoon and that could garner interest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Generally speaking, yes, but even then, Club coaches are only pushing a certain few players with each college recruiting coach. Most college coaches are not watching whole teams, but 4 or 5 numbers that a club coach has relayed. Of course somebody else could have a stand out game, or great afternoon and that could garner interest.

Actually, the coaches scout the kids who email them and show interest in the school. I have been to plenty of prospect days and the coaches all say the same, "Send me your schedule and why you want to play here and I'll make sure someone comes see you play"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perfectly said

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't know don't care if any kid in 8th grade committed. If he plays for Icon or any kid that plays for Icon, they have the advantage of some of the best and most well respected people in the country. I don't think any of his coach's or the club owner would have him make any decision with doing all their homework. I have seen that team play and yes Igloo and 91 are very talented teams but that team has a number of kids that will end up going to some very schools because of their talent yes, most important but also any coach who looks at them will know they are being taught the right way. The college coach's will know who has being teaching them and know what those guys say is the truth.

funny, I always thought you give a college coach an athlete and he will teach him his way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

funny, I always thought you give a college coach an athlete and he will teach him his way.

you are correct.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So are you saying that a college coach would rather take a kid with no lacrosse IQ, don't know if he is coachable, not fundamentally sound, poor lacrosse skills and I can go on, over a kid who has those. Then very surprised more kids from Freeport and Hempstead who are just pure athletes are not recruited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did not write that post but they do take raw players who are athletes rather than settle on a less athletic or slow player who has no or little upside or has peaked even if more talented in high school.If a kid is not fast they have little chance of making it even with great skills. Size is of course important but they will not take a big slow kid. Speed is everything which many times means an athlete. How many slow players or medium speed players at the college level have you seen playing? They are all fast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did not write that post but they do take raw players who are athletes rather than settle on a less athletic or slow player who has no or little upside or has peaked even if more talented in high school.If a kid is not fast they have little chance of making it even with great skills. Size is of course important but they will not take a big slow kid. Speed is everything which many times means an athlete. How many slow players or medium speed players at the college level have you seen playing? They are all fast.

Not in lacrosse they don't. If you have no stick skills in college you will get destroyed. For that matter you'll get destroyed in High School with substandard stick skill. Peruse the rosters of most D-1 programs and find the players who never played HS lax at a very high level.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did not see anyone say someone with no stick stills are going to make it. Good to average stick skills and very fast will beat out slow kid with great stick skills if the good to average person is an athlete. An athlete can always learn skills. It happens many times. Kid starts lax in 9th grade and is behind in the skills but a fast athlete and makes D1.

Not in lacrosse they don't. If you have no stick skills in college you will get destroyed. For that matter you'll get destroyed in High School with substandard stick skill. Peruse the rosters of most D-1 programs and find the players who never played HS lax at a very high level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So wait a minute you mean to tell me We don't have to live the "Blaze" lifestyle and you mean to tell me I can send emails out without having the travel program involved , and may be able to keep that organization out of our affairs with placing my son with the right fit college who shows interest in him from their camps ? Do we still have to give the organization credit and let them boiste on how they got my son committed with his pic on their website ? If that's the case I will have my son train hard with camps and clinics and save a ton of money .

Actually, the coaches scout the kids who email them and show interest in the school. I have been to plenty of prospect days and the coaches all say the same, "Send me your schedule and why you want to play here and I'll make sure someone comes see you play"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did not see anyone say someone with no stick stills are going to make it. Good to average stick skills and very fast will beat out slow kid with great stick skills if the good to average person is an athlete. An athlete can always learn skills. It happens many times. Kid starts lax in 9th grade and is behind in the skills but a fast athlete and makes D1.

As I said, check the D-1 Rosters and name the players who were not very good HS players. Then find the kid with great speed but not a great HS player. You won't, every kid is at the least an All County player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know this is a 2021 threat but I have to comment. John Grant Jr is 40 something years old most likely can't run a 6.0 40 yard dash, can someone name a better attackman playing now. There are a list of players who are not that big strong fast athlete who have been great not just good but great. Maybe a middie needs that speed but the list is long of smart lacrosse players with excellent skills who have been real good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know this is a 2021 threat but I have to comment. John Grant Jr is 40 something years old most likely can't run a 6.0 40 yard dash, can someone name a better attackman playing now. There are a list of players who are not that big strong fast athlete who have been great not just good but great. Maybe a middie needs that speed but the list is long of smart lacrosse players with excellent skills who have been real good.

Grant was kicked out of the olympics for steroids. Maybe I'll get my little Johnnie into "roids" to keep up with the holdbacks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The list is long of some real good players who were simply good smart lacrosse players with real good skills, not fast,not big, not strong just good lacrosse players.
Did not know lacrosse was in the Olympics. Was the Russia lacrosse team kicked out also.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The list is long of some real good players who were simply good smart lacrosse players with real good skills, not fast,not big, not strong just good lacrosse players.
Did not know lacrosse was in the Olympics. Was the Russia lacrosse team kicked out also.

Yes...Russia was kicked out also...its documented in Crooked Hilarys emails.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was Grant kicked out of the Olympics for? Didn't see anything out there indicating this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are all fast. Some may not be as fast as others but those smart players with stick skills being spoken about are still very fast or quick. If there is a slower or medium speed player playing at a high level it is the exception not the rule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are all fast. Some may not be as fast as others but those smart players with stick skills being spoken about are still very fast or quick. If there is a slower or medium speed player playing at a high level it is the exception not the rule.

Yikes.....soooo. some are fast and some not as fast. Now that's science for ya. Are you a scout with Ty. Please send that observation out to all the college coaches....nitwit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch the 2016 football highlight video of one of the non-LI 2021 middies put on the watch list by Ty yesterday from the recent NLF event, if you want to see speed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thought that fogo on that watch list for 2021 was 2020 ?? Is that a clericle ? Please tell me that's a mistake ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw the football video. Considering he's a June 2002 kid (aka holdback) he should be faster!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really what about Myles Jones. Big and fast with average stick skills

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really what about Myles Jones. Big and fast with average stick skills

Far from average, nice try though

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw the football video. Considering he's a June 2002 kid (aka holdback) he should be faster!

Very true. Not impressed with a should be 2020.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The point was there are no slow players at the higher level.

Yikes.....soooo. some are fast and some not as fast. Now that's science for ya. Are you a scout with Ty. Please send that observation out to all the college coaches....nitwit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only reason someone would resort to calling names in response to a post like this would be if your kid is slow to medium speed. You can't teach speed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My older slow middie smokes fast kids for a living.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure he does. Of course it could be done. However anyone who thinks slow or medium speed kids have a better chance of making it compared to fast kids are not being realistic. There are many medium speed but otherwise great players that don't make it compared fast lesser skilled kids that do make it. It is not even up for debate. It is what it is. Buddy of mine has an older kid with a 98 average who is tall and medium built and amazing skills and scores a lot in AA games but only a little faster than medium speed is getting no offers. They a not looking for medium to good speed. They want more of than that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure he does. Of course it could be done. However anyone who thinks slow or medium speed kids have a better chance of making it compared to fast kids are not being realistic. There are many medium speed but otherwise great players that don't make it compared fast lesser skilled kids that do make it. It is not even up for debate. It is what it is. Buddy of mine has an older kid with a 98 average who is tall and medium built and amazing skills and scores a lot in AA games but only a little faster than medium speed is getting no offers. They a not looking for medium to good speed. They want more of than that.

huh????? you got me there.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Speed freaks! My kid's faster than your kid. Nothing like living vicariously.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Older kids who have good but not great speed who score a lot in club AA games with a high GPA are not getting college offers.

huh????? you got me there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]
Older kids who have good but not great speed who score a lot in club AA games with a high GPA are not getting college offers.
[quote=Anonymous]

This is a 2021 forum - how many 2021s are getting offers?? What a tool!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I also have a 2021, I am just try to tell u idiots, speed is not a major factor.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are a fool my friend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]
[quote=Anonymous]

This is a 2021 forum - how many 2021s are getting offers?? What a tool!

Do shout outs from Ty count??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Slow Middies with a good stick are a dime a dozen. Speed with a good stick gets D1. and all that speed training you are doing wont help. you cant train fast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Slow Middies with a good stick are a dime a dozen. Speed with a good stick gets D1. and all that speed training you are doing wont help. you cant train fast.

This is from the father who forced his 2020 kid to play down as a 2021 all these years. Right, your kid is the next Usain Bolt. Just FYI, there are elite athletes all over the country. Long Island, not so much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kids with slow to medium speed will work on stick skills and say that is important. The fast kids will also work on stick skills and say both speed and stick skills are important. Fast kids can work on stick skills too. Just because a kid is fast does not mean he does not have stick skills. It is better to have both. Hard work is the most important thing. A kid is not getting anywhere without working hard. Take what ever shills you have and go with it. Obviously the more complete the player the better chance to succeed.

Page 18 of 32 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard