BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,812
Posts386,900
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 32 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 31 32
Re: Boys 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now I dont have a child that plays on Blaze, But I have no Idea what you fathers are going to complain about when your kids get to High School. Lets just say that I expect my Son to make JV. which means he will play with 9th Graders this year, and then (Get This) I will expect next year in 9th grade that he makes Varsity. Do you know what that means? My little boy might be playing with 18 year olds. Before you have a comeback like my HS program must suck letting kids play up and I have Bad Grammer. Look in the Mirror first. They need to put a complaint department thread on here. SMH

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Blaze will always now and forever be known as a team who Harbors a 10th grader who challenges the school reclassify system. I mean I know they love the sport and want to hold on to the youth lacrosse years , BUT cmon man let go and swim with the BIG boys , so what he is small ! Isn't it all about Challenging yourself to get better , we know he's ridiculously talented but he needs to overcome playing kids double his size.

How sad. I'm sure most programs would dominate by dropping a 2019 to the 2021 team, give me a break already. I can't go to the trading desk and ask to compete against inexperienced desk jockeys. Eventually you have to stand tall and jump into the deep. Trial by fire, forged in steel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry you can't come up with an argument to show that the team is a good team. Your director is putting them in weak tournaments. That should tell your more than anything you read here. We did not know they cut kids. But if that makes you feel better because you don't have a response go with that.
Ambush going to NJ this weekend to play C teams. Get ready to hear how great they are because they scored 50 goals in four games and gave up three and won another championship.

So did your kid get cut this year or last year? [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is never a valid argument. In HS there are multiple kids in grade 10-12 so an older kid can't dominate a game. Also if there are dominate players there will be older kids to counter that kid. When a kid plays down two years there is not anther 10th grade kid to counter him. Also that 9 th grader that plays up will have a lot of talent. The older kid playing down will be facing kids who are players ranked 20-24 on a team and it could cause problems. Last the kid that plays up chooses to face older kids. When a kid plays down he is playing against kids that may not be ready or want to play a kid two years older. An older kid can dominate a game and the team that is not cheating will have no answer. Hs teams have multiple older kids to counter an older kid.

Now I dont have a child that plays on Blaze, But I have no Idea what you fathers are going to complain about when your kids get to High School. Lets just say that I expect my Son to make JV. which means he will play with 9th Graders this year, and then (Get This) I will expect next year in 9th grade that he makes Varsity. Do you know what that means? My little boy might be playing with 18 year olds. Before you have a comeback like my HS program must suck letting kids play up and I have Bad Grammer. Look in the Mirror first. They need to put a complaint department thread on here. SMH

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have not heard from any 91 or express people as to why they did not send any kids the to showcase this past Sat.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great Story Envious Dad. Here is how We Ambush parents see it. We are going to NJ. This weekend as a team. Our Coaches setup up for us to see a College Hockey team play, Then we will go Meet a local College Lacrosse coach (Same Team as the College Hockey Team). We Think Our Team is a Good Team. We Know our boys are improving in the Game of Lacrosse. Hopefully we play good this weekend. Next weekend Win or lose will will go to Practice. Our Boys, Coaches and Parents are having a good time. A Little story on what we have done so far this year. We played against True Blue A, Express North, 2 different Outlaws teams, 91 Tristate, Garden City, We Feel that they are all very good teams. We have faced 6 teams already this Fall. What have you done this fall Envious Dad???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is never a valid argument. In HS there are multiple kids in grade 10-12 so an older kid can't dominate a game. Also if there are dominate players there will be older kids to counter that kid. When a kid plays down two years there is not anther 10th grade kid to counter him. Also that 9 th grader that plays up will have a lot of talent. The older kid playing down will be facing kids who are players ranked 20-24 on a team and it could cause problems. Last the kid that plays up chooses to face older kids. When a kid plays down he is playing against kids that may not be ready or want to play a kid two years older. An older kid can dominate a game and the team that is not cheating will have no answer. Hs teams have multiple older kids to counter an older kid.

Valid Argument on the subject.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the update outlaw parent whose kid got cut 2 years ago . jealous the other Northport boys are playing with ambush and yours didn't make it. You leave yourself wide open for this

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because nobody cares with the exception of you!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its not the organization who chooses what bracket this team plays in , the coaches have 100% control of where and who they will play. This is just an example if your sold "a" team status by the coaches this will be controlled by the coach on how to make people believe their team is that good.. Not arguing they are not , even though not a fan of the Hills coach , just Fact on how things go , and how people automatically blame the organization itself.

Sorry you can't come up with an argument to show that the team is a good team. Your director is putting them in weak tournaments. That should tell your more than anything you read here. We did not know they cut kids. But if that makes you feel better because you don't have a response go with that.
Ambush going to NJ this weekend to play C teams. Get ready to hear how great they are because they scored 50 goals in four games and gave up three and won another championship.

So did your kid get cut this year or last year?
[/quote]

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are Ambush, there is a better 2021 team in our organization. They are called Blaze and they play in AA tournaments. They will beat us if we play them. This is all we know about them. Our Tournaments have been announced way in advance. We sign up to Play in the A division. I am sure any team that calls themselves an A team can sign up. I hope this clears it up for you. If you need more information about us, come to one of our practices. We will hopefully be able to tell you all about us. But you seem to know a lot about us already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are Ambush, there is a better 2021 team in our organization. They are called Blaze and they play in AA tournaments. They will beat us if we play them. This is all we know about them. Our Tournaments have been announced way in advance. We sign up to Play in the A division. I am sure any team that calls themselves an A team can sign up. I hope this clears it up for you. If you need more information about us, come to one of our practices. We will hopefully be able to tell you all about us. But you seem to know a lot about us already.

Your first mistake is acknowledging that any team will beat you. You must go for every game with the mentality that you can win this if you all give 100% and play strong together. Look at the Penn State vs Ohio state football game. They said "why not us?" And look what happened!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you a kid or an adult? And did you ever play, or are you playing now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are missing the pt about the 10th grader. It's not so much playing competition that is older in hs as this is expected and always was the case. The issue is that these are the start of the recruiting years which happens to concide with puberty. Skilled kids that mature earlier have the advantage. Throw in 1-2 yrs of being older and that advantage is much much larger. Everyone onow tha the recruiting has moved to the clubs from school ball. Think of how kids on the team or any team for that matter get bumped in the roster or has to fight for less time or fight for an invite which would never be the case if tourneys and clubs were age based or if clubs had limited morals. 1yr holdback is bad but double is just wrong. It's completely wrong on all fronts. The difference in a 10th grader both physically and from an iq level is ridiculous. Its a terrible trend and precedent that hopefully at some pt changes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2nd mistake is this site and all of these posts
Really!!!!! this is what has come to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have not heard from any 91 or express people as to why they did not send any kids the to showcase this past Sat.

Why do you care? They saved their money. You act like this was the one and only. Worry about your kid not others

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you care? They saved their money. You act like this was the one and only. Worry about your kid not others
Thats not the point. The point that these NLF clubs think they are the only game in town. To tell kids NOT to go is selfish and arrogant. NLF are only concerned with THEIR kids instead of youth lacrosse in general. They don't have all the best teams at all age groups and to not allow other clubs because of proximity to their interest. It should be about all the kids. Thats AA attitude and many of the other good guys in the lacrosse world.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats not the point. The point that these NLF clubs think they are the only game in town. To tell kids NOT to go is selfish and arrogant. NLF are only concerned with THEIR kids instead of youth lacrosse in general. They don't have all the best teams at all age groups and to not allow other clubs because of proximity to their interest. It should be about all the kids. Thats AA attitude and many of the other good guys in the lacrosse world.

of course they are only concerned about their kids.... that's how they make their money!! got to keep it in house, if they let their kids out they might run!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's be honest here. All of these big club programs are in business to make money. The NLF clubs are blocking Igloo players and teams from their events because they feel that Igloo is taking away business. The idea that this should be all about the kids is unrealistic at this point - there is just too much money to be made. NLF clubs have been telling parents that they need to have their boys play for NLF teams if they want to get recruited. Igloo created the Elite 80 event to show parents the they have influence with college coaches and can help boys get recruited. NLF club players were invited to the event and did not sign up. It is obvious that the NLF guys did something to stop the boys from going. That is flat out wrong. They are entitled to make their money and even black ball Igloo but dictating terms to their players crosses the line.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's be honest here. All of these big club programs are in business to make money. The NLF clubs are blocking Igloo players and teams from their events because they feel that Igloo is taking away business. The idea that this should be all about the kids is unrealistic at this point - there is just too much money to be made. NLF clubs have been telling parents that they need to have their boys play for NLF teams if they want to get recruited. Igloo created the Elite 80 event to show parents the they have influence with college coaches and can help boys get recruited. NLF club players were invited to the event and did not sign up. It is obvious that the NLF guys did something to stop the boys from going. That is flat out wrong. They are entitled to make their money and even black ball Igloo but dictating terms to their players crosses the line.
My Kid Is an NLF Player, In 8th Grade I didnt see the need to go to the elite 80. In My opinion its just to early. My Kid has Plenty of time to get a look. I think it was a great thing that Igloo did. If I wanted to go, I would not have even said anything to my club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My Kid Is an NLF Player, In 8th Grade I didnt see the need to go to the elite 80. In My opinion its just to early. My Kid has Plenty of time to get a look. I think it was a great thing that Igloo did. If I wanted to go, I would not have even said anything to my club.

[lacrosse]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
maybe Trump will ban holdbacks...will give 99% of the people on this board nothing to complain about!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is NLF and never got the call after submitting the paper work. I don't think Igloo likes NLF very much either so maybe it goes both ways

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is NLF and never got the call after submitting the paper work. I don't think Igloo likes NLF very much either so maybe it goes both ways
Same here, Igloo didn't want NLF kids showing up their own. I know several who submitted, and their coaches were never called and they were never invited. One I know of was an attack who made the Black Ice Defense look silly in the tryout. He wasn't invited and didn't accept a spot on their team. Payback?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or could it be that the NLF excluded Igloo from all the NLF recruitment tournaments because those NLF teams did not want to look bad in front of college coaches forcing Igloo to do this event so Igloo excluded NLF kids? It can go both ways. Who knows what is true. But we do know Igloo was excluded by NLF and they were willing to have the Igloo defensemen go head to head against this attack kid if front of collage coaches at NLF tournaments. So fear plays no part from Igloo's side. More likely NLF teams fear Igloo.

Same here, Igloo didn't want NLF kids showing up their own. I know several who submitted, and their coaches were never called and they were never invited. One I know of was an attack who made the Black Ice Defense look silly in the tryout. He wasn't invited and didn't accept a spot on their team. Payback?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo did not exclude Express or 91 players. Several were there. BTW what team is this attackman on now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me get this straight there was an attack man at Igloo Tryouts for 2021 that made the Igloo Defense look silly ......The only thing silly is that statement SILLY MAN .... Sounds like someone is telling a lie I will look for the guy who's nose is bigger then it was last week

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My Express child was excluded, but I am pleased that it sounded like it was as a nice experience for all. No ill will on my end.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me get this straight there was an attack man at Igloo Tryouts for 2021 that made the Igloo Defense look silly ......The only thing silly is that statement SILLY MAN .... Sounds like someone is telling a lie I will look for the guy who's nose is bigger then it was last week

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is completely untrue. AA told me that both Express and 90+1 directors where contacted several times about submitting players if they wanted to and they elected to tell their players not to attend, not to register. So shame on those clubs as this was not about supporting Igloo, but supporting their kids. This is where it comes down to common sense. Lets have our players play in a meaningless tournament the same day as a great event where our kids can get noticed, get taught by, and have conversations with some of the best coaches in the country. Your right I see the logic in this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there was no paperwork, so you have no idea what your talking about. It was register, or don't register. And if you didn't register in time that was your fault.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be new to Ambush and probably new to travel lacrosse. Most decent teams have already played many more teams and games than you listed. Also playing against the team's you mentioned is not getting any good player better. It can't be fun beating these teams by a lot to a little which Ambush must be doing because any good team would blow all these teams out. Glad everyone is having fun but don't think for one second anyone is envious. If you read this thread the Negative Ambush comments started when someone posted how great they were doing and that invited comments regarding the weak compatition. Glad all are having fun but remember most kids playing club lax are having fun. PAL had weak competition and was fun too. Good luck.

Great Story Envious Dad. Here is how We Ambush parents see it. We are going to NJ. This weekend as a team. Our Coaches setup up for us to see a College Hockey team play, Then we will go Meet a local College Lacrosse coach (Same Team as the College Hockey Team). We Think Our Team is a Good Team. We Know our boys are improving in the Game of Lacrosse. Hopefully we play good this weekend. Next weekend Win or lose will will go to Practice. Our Boys, Coaches and Parents are having a good time. A Little story on what we have done so far this year. We played against True Blue A, Express North, 2 different Outlaws teams, 91 Tristate, Garden City, We Feel that they are all very good teams. We have faced 6 teams already this Fall. What have you done this fall Envious Dad???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds very silly.......Hey payback, what team does this attackman play for now that he turned down a roster spot on Igloo?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't think the coaches didn't notice....that may sound crazy but O its true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be new to Ambush and probably new to travel lacrosse. Most decent teams have already played many more teams and games than you listed. Also playing against the team's you mentioned is not getting any good player better. It can't be fun beating these teams by a lot to a little which Ambush must be doing because any good team would blow all these teams out. Glad everyone is having fun but don't think for one second anyone is envious. If you read this thread the Negative Ambush comments started when someone posted how great they were doing and that invited comments regarding the weak compatition. Glad all are having fun but remember most kids playing club lax are having fun. PAL had weak competition and was fun too. Good luck.

My son is on Ambush and I can confirm that we all love each other so much that it hurts inside. *que harps*

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be new to Ambush and probably new to travel lacrosse. Most decent teams have already played many more teams and games than you listed. Also playing against the team's you mentioned is not getting any good player better. It can't be fun beating these teams by a lot to a little which Ambush must be doing because any good team would blow all these teams out. Glad everyone is having fun but don't think for one second anyone is envious. If you read this thread the Negative Ambush comments started when someone posted how great they were doing and that invited comments regarding the weak compatition. Glad all are having fun but remember most kids playing club lax are having fun. PAL had weak competition and was fun too. Good luck. Wow New to travel Lacrosse, Usually ambush runs under the radar. but for some reason a someone decided to call us out and say that we are playing weak competition. Now I dont know about you but seems to me that sour grapes are involved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds very silly.......Hey payback, what team does this attackman play for now that he turned down a roster spot on Igloo?
Express, not sure which one, but he did run around the defense at the two day. Heard he was offered a spot on Avalanche, but not sure if that is true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously you are not an ambush parent.sound more like a disgruntled outlaw parent. Get a life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious does anyone know if wogue team is a true town team or a town team with baggage?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This team is overwhelmed by more baggage then the original contents , also has pissed off allot of town parents by excluding players from town and taking in outsiders while maintaining comsewogue name , A good competitive B team who competes against B bracket teams , lost a close game yesterday to Empires top team in Mustang which was a B bracket tournament

Just curious does anyone know if wogue team is a true town team or a town team with baggage?

Page 10 of 32 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard