BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 50 51
Boys 2020- 9th Grade Fall 2016/Summer 2017
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It's the start of the Fall 2016/Spring 2017 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2020- 9th Grade Fall 2016/Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn't find any.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just go to an Army Navy store. Plentiful. I am trying to find some really good peach ice cream but having difficulty can anyone help? Also, should I be putting my right leg into my pants first or my left? Oh yeah and my kid is just picking up lacrosse, what program should he go to I dream of him playing at Hopkins. We're all in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just go to an Army Navy store. Plentiful. I am trying to find some really good peach ice cream but having difficulty can anyone help? Also, should I be putting my right leg into my pants first or my left? Oh yeah and my kid is just picking up lacrosse, what program should he go to I dream of him playing at Hopkins. We're all in.

I would suggest reclassifying and becoming a 2023, then join Crabs as you will be the same age as everyone...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2020 made huge strides this summer, including a narrow lost to Crush. Just a couple goals away from being the top team in the class of 2020.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2020 made huge strides this summer, including a narrow lost to Crush. Just a couple goals away from being the top team in the class of 2020.

I'll alert the media.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OMG, not you again!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please, please go away. Whatever you are taking, it is clearly clouding your judgment and views.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Worry about beating the other teams first before crush

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please, please go away. Whatever you are taking, it is clearly clouding your judgment and views.

Crush 10 Madlax 1 at adrenilane Crush18 Madlax 2 Big 4 HHH

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares? Don't you get what the Madlax poster is doing? Are you that much of an idiot to keep responding? Or is it a Crush daddy with an opportunity to pound your chest? Maybe we should bring up the 4 Crush boys performance in Denver? Ouch!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Setting the field...

Rather than a "top 10" list here are some groupings.

Top:
Crush

Outstanding:
Crabs
Looneys
LI Express

The very good. Any of these teams could beat the others on any given day and might beat one in the group above every so often....

Annapolis Hawks
Laxachusettes
NH Tomahawks
91 Maryland
Leading Edge
Sweetlax upstate
FCA
Taz
Rising Sons

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Setting the field...

Top:
Crush

Outstanding:
Crabs
Looneys
LI Express

The very good. Any of these teams could beat the others on any given day and might beat one in the group above every so often....

Annapolis Hawks
Laxachusettes
NH Tomahawks
91 Maryland
Leading Edge
Sweetlax upstate
FCA
Taz
Rising Sons

Thank you express dad for your thoughts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Setting the field...

Top:
Crush

Outstanding:
Crabs
Looneys
LI Express

Annapolis Hawks
Laxachusettes
NH Tomahawks
91 Maryland
Leading Edge
Sweetlax upstate
FCA
Taz
Rising Sons

Express does not belong in the top group, otherwise agree. Scores of their games support this

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is my attempt at grouping

Pretty clear cut no questions...
Tier 1:
91 crush

Solid group could beat 91 if they have a off day.
Tier 2:
Looneys
Crabs
WCS
FCA

Very strong teams
Tier 3:
Express
Laxachusetts
Tomahawks
Hawks
Leading edge
Rising sons
Sweet lax upstate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tier 1:
91 crush

Tier 2:
Looneys
Crabs
WCS
FCA

WCS need to go down to "very strong" Taz could be in that mix too

Very strong teams
Tier 3:
Express
Laxachusetts
Tomahawks
Hawks
Leading edge
Rising sons
Sweet lax upstate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spot on boys.. Watched a ton of great lacrosse this summer and this is very accurate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs and FCA really don't belong on any list because they have 16 year old on their roster. WCS is not a tier 2 team. Hawks and Laxachuesetts are tier 2.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs and FCA really don't belong on any list because they have 16 year old on their roster. WCS is not a tier 2 team. Hawks and Laxachuesetts are tier 2.

What kid(position) on fca is a 16 year old?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who did WCS beat? Scores against other top teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong, Tat Dad. Madlax 2020 only lost to Crush at the Terp Shootout by 4 goals. If the game was 5 minutes longer, it could have been a different result.

We're used to the hate. Comes with the territory when you play for the best club out there. Gap has almost been closed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They came into Baltimore and beat Freedom, Hawks, Looneys, FCA, 91 MD, they only loss was to the Rising Sons. I think they went 6-1 on the trip.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They came into Baltimore and beat Freedom, Hawks, Looneys, FCA, 91 MD, they only loss was to the Rising Sons. I think they went 6-1 on the trip.

They never played fca

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax got destroyed at big 4 by Lax and Crush. Lost to express and laxachusetts again at crabfeast.

What good teams did they beat?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax got destroyed at big 4 by Lax and Crush. Lost to express and laxachusetts again at crabfeast.

What good teams did they beat?

Almost beat Crush. Something few teams have accomplished.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They never played fca

So why would they be placed above the Sons? News Flash: They also have older kids on their roster. You also need more than one tournament to prove one's self

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WCS beat those teams on play dates not tournaments. Apples to oranges. WCS does not belong on this list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WCS beat those teams on play dates not tournaments. Apples to oranges. WCS does not belong on this list.

They played looneys? And fca?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally agree!! Nice that the west coast is fielding a decent team, but no where near top tier.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tier 1:
91 crush
I
Tier 2:
Looneys
Crabs
WCS
FCA

Very strong teams
Tier 3:
Express
Laxachusetts
Tomahawks
Hawks
Leading edge
Rising sons
Sweet lax upstate

Edge Canada has beaten Laxachusettes and Tiomahawks this summer, should be in mix

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are the funniest person I've ever seen I on here. Mad lax is a good team and has potential to be in the second tier group (and I'm being generous here). But Madlax will never be as good as Crush. Even though you believe otherwise (which NO ONE else agrees with).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good team? They got housed all sumer long. They are only the 3rd best team in the DC area.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are tryouts looking so far?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are tryouts looking so far?

Hot and humid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like there is a lot of movement among the 2020 baltimore teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes - fat crab is bringing down the 17s to play on the 20s. New Goalie and FOGO are in community college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about we address the elephant in the room? Who will play on Crush next year considering the rumored hold backs leaving to play on the 2021 team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like there is a lot of movement among the 2020 baltimore teams

What info are you searching for posting on both 2020 sites with this comment!?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about we address the elephant in the room? Who will play on Crush next year considering the rumored hold backs leaving to play on the 2021 team?

Good question. One starting center middie who is already held back once, as well as coaches son who my be playing in is correct age group, although will still probably claim to be playing up. Leaves two nice starting positions. Express has a couple that will be holding back as well including a coaches son. Guess if you can't beat the Crabs, and realize bashing their strategy on botc is pointless, you join them. I call it cowardly and pathetic!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good question. One starting center middie who is already held back once, as well as coaches son who my be playing in is correct age group, although will still probably claim to be playing up. Leaves two nice starting positions. Express has a couple that will be holding back as well including a coaches son. Guess if you can't beat the Crabs, and realize bashing their strategy on botc is pointless, you join them. I call it cowardly and pathetic!

No reason to hold back the center middle. He may be on the small side but he holds his own and is good enough to play his age. Why would his parents put him through this? If true,
It is pathetic!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ill believe it when I see it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No reason to hold back the center middle. He may be on the small side but he holds his own and is good enough to play his age. Why would his parents put him through this? If true,
It is pathetic!

My guess it's true, and he will play on both Crush and Blaze when Blaze plays grade based tournaments, and yes given the ability of the player and the fact he should be a 2019 to begin with, it is extremely pathetic !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any 2020 rosters get emails yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The issue is not the ability to "hold your own" the issue is do you exceed the ability of your peers. These hold backs are looking to stand out amongst the crowd. The playing field isn't how it started out in 2nd and 3rd grade when their skill level and athleticism stood out. Holding their own isn't good enough now that they aren't stand outs they will repeat a grade once sometimes twice to stand out or exceed the skill level of those they will play with as well as against, or that's the expectation anyway. The question is, how do you improve if you aren't being challenged? How is this affecting these boys socially? What message are these parents sending their kids? This has become an epidemic.
No matter how you explain and rationalize the reasoning for leaving your kid behind for them to have an advantage over younger kids you have to wonder about the repercussions socially, and psychologically. We can all read between the lines, your good kid but not good enough, you'll "look better" and "seem smarter" if you go to class with younger kids and if you play amongst the younger kids. How do these kids NOT feel inadequate?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The issue is not the ability to "hold your own" the issue is do you exceed the ability of your peers. These hold backs are looking to stand out amongst the crowd. The playing field isn't how it started out in 2nd and 3rd grade when their skill level and athleticism stood out. Holding their own isn't good enough now that they aren't stand outs they will repeat a grade once sometimes twice to stand out or exceed the skill level of those they will play with as well as against, or that's the expectation anyway. The question is, how do you improve if you aren't being challenged? How is this affecting these boys socially? What message are these parents sending their kids? This has become an epidemic.
No matter how you explain and rationalize the reasoning for leaving your kid behind for them to have an advantage over younger kids you have to wonder about the repercussions socially, and psychologically. We can all read between the lines, your good kid but not good enough, you'll "look better" and "seem smarter" if you go to class with younger kids and if you play amongst the younger kids. How do these kids NOT feel inadequate?

Especially if they do it twice, embarrassment

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall schedules coming out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bunch of kids are commiting already, when most of them have not even stepped on to a high school field. We will see just exactly how good some of these players are if they could start on varsity for their high school. my bet, not even 1/2 make varsity and those who do wont see a minute of playing time. some may be exceptionally gifted, but for the majority, they wont be so lucky.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tier 1:
91 crush

Tier 2:
Looneys
Crabs
WCS
FCA

Very strong teams
Tier 3:
Express
Laxachusetts
Tomahawks
Hawks
Leading edge
Rising sons
Sweet lax upstate
Only 77 days until the games begin. It will be interesting to see what teams play the NLF event at Boy's Latin School Nov 6. WCS doesn't look to come east until Nov 19 and 20 in Long Island. Outside of the NLF members and affiliate's I see Looney's, FCA getting invited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Fall schedules coming out Either Inside Lacrosse or Autumn Gold Nov 5 NLF Boy's Latin Nov 6 Big 4 HHH @ Hill School Nov 12 fl$ in Delaware Nov 13 Rotanz LI Nov 19 NLF LI Nov 20 or Philly Freshman NXT Event Nov 19-20. This is where the Top 15 Programs will be playing. Most are invite only.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tier 1:
91 crush
I
Tier 2:
Looneys
Crabs
WCS
FCA

Very strong teams
Tier 3:
Express
Laxachusetts
Tomahawks
Hawks
Leading edge
Rising sons
Sweet lax upstate

Edge Canada has beaten Laxachusettes and Tiomahawks this summer, should be in mix
and leading edge

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tier 1:
91 crush

Tier 2:
Looneys
Crabs
WCS
FCA

Very strong teams
Tier 3:
Express
Laxachusetts
Tomahawks
Hawks
Leading edge
Rising sons
Sweet lax upstate
Only 77 days until the games begin. It will be interesting to see what teams play the NLF event at Boy's Latin School Nov 6. WCS doesn't look to come east until Nov 19 and 20 in Long Island. Outside of the NLF members and affiliate's I see Looney's, FCA getting invited.

what teams are part of the NLF?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't you look it up instead of wasting everyone's time!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You may be right about the early commits not contributing to varsity but what difference does it make??? they are being recruited based on their relative talent to other class of 20 players and trust me, every kid that has been committed is amongst the best (and most mature physically) in the grade. Who knows if they will still be as talented relatively in four years but for now they are legit. I'm sure some will falloff and other kids will rise but it is what it is right now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of these kids go to top 20 National Programs and probably won't make varsity. Put them at a public HS and most would contribute as Freshman.
Bunch of kids are commiting already, when most of them have not even stepped on to a high school field. We will see just exactly how good some of these players are if they could start on varsity for their high school. my bet, not even 1/2 make varsity and those who do wont see a minute of playing time. some may be exceptionally gifted, but for the majority, they wont be so lucky.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly, so for all the haters, many of these kids that have committed play in tough conferences and at really good schools. What makes you think their not going to get a lot better? They don't stop growing their game because they committed. Thats you just trying to make yourself feel better about your own son. I've seen numerous posts on here saying the kids are just ok that committed?? wth are you talking about?Theri all from top 15 2020 teams. Even if every kid on those teams was D1 thats only 300 kids there are 400 more spots. These kids are the best of the best and will continue to get better. They play against the best of the best. College coaches have seen them play against the best in team events and individual events. Mom and Dad stop telling yourself that these kids aren't going to be good college players stop. Its a lie, self preservation.
Some of these kids go to top 20 National Programs and probably won't make varsity. Put them at a public HS and most would contribute as Freshman.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true that a Crush kid actually ninja quit and went to Express?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true that a Crush kid actually ninja quit and went to Express?

Wouldn't be the first time. There is usually some turnover on the second lines. And it is perfectly logical to go to another good team in order to get more playing time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Here is my attempt at grouping

Tier 1:
91 crush

Tier 2:
Looneys
Crabs
WCS
FCA

Very strong teams
Tier 3:
Express
Laxachusetts
Tomahawks
Hawks
Leading edge
Rising sons
Sweet lax upstate

what teams are part of the NLF? Crabs Crush Leading Edge 4HHH LIE Laxchussets and affiliates are WCS Mesa Fresh Edge Canada and Eclipse. So at Boy's Latin 3 possible invite's

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does "ninja quit" mean?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL, I wanted to ask the same thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some new faces on Terps this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My superior intellect tells me that he is referring to the fact that the kid snuck away from his former team and joined the new team without telling anyone until it was over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My superior intellect tells me that he is referring to the fact that the kid snuck away from his former team and joined the new team without telling anyone until it was over.

I'd call it the "Irish Goodbye Quit".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ding! Ding! Ding! You win!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some new faces on Terps this year.

At what positions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No Igloo anywhere?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best is watching a parent rage quit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best is watching a parent rage quit.

Absolutely! They do everyone a favor.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think anyone is questioning the ability of the left attack from crush. if every early recruit was as good as him, people would understand. However, there are some kids that have "committed" that are just not that great. Time will tell, but I would be willing to bet that some of these players not only won't produce in college, some will struggle to be impact players in HS

Agree. He is the real deal but several of the commits are just good players and are either holdbacks, coaches sons or connected somehow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree. He is the real deal but several of the commits are just good players and are either holdbacks, coaches sons or connected somehow.

Sorta like the rest of real life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So which 2020 players will be making the biggest impact on their HS teams? Will it be the early commits or the unsung heroes who might still be trying to maintain a normal life where you pick colleges when you are 16/17?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The great thing about the early commits are they will absolutely get to choose when they are 16 or 17.
The players who haven't had the chance to commit may never have the opportunity to choose.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The great thing about the early commits are they will absolutely get to choose when they are 16 or 17.
The players who haven't had the chance to commit may never have the opportunity to choose.

Not all early commits will have a choice when they are 16-17. Many will find that others have passed them by. Maybe the verbal will hold, but some will not. A commitment at 14 is not the end. It also isn't nearly the big deal that people pretend it is. Not to say that most of the early commits aren't great now. But these are kids. Some will continue to grow and mature. Some will lose interest. If the kid doesn't embrace the grind, he will never play in college, early commit or not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorta like the rest of real life.

Are 2020s attending prospect days yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ummmm , '21's are attending now !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Virtually every D1 team has or is having a prospect day for 2020s this fall...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
21s are not attending now

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
21 parents's don't be stupid, wait until summer before you attend a prospect day, unless it is specifically for 21's.

To much to loss, and injury is too big a risk. You have 16/17 YO 2019 2018 you will be going up against that have something to prove.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
21 parents's don't be stupid, wait until summer before you attend a prospect day, unless it is specifically for 21's.

To much to loss, and injury is too big a risk. You have 16/17 YO 2019 2018 you will be going up against that have something to prove.

Blaze kids at Michigan getting schooled in clinic, don't belong there, and took away from others who deserved to be there! Silly and pathetic abuse of 91 power. Remember what happened to them in Denver when they played an average 2020 team? Nuff said!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. And blame the college coaches for accepting them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup! Disgusting abuse of power coming out of the mouths of those claiming to "grow the game" FYI: you just shamed the game. And then brag about it on social media? Are you freaking kidding? News Flash: those kids will not be the early recruits, but you just promoted early recruiting????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw the two Brentwood stars, 91 kid and old leg girl, speed training together. I guess you could say daddy coach only coaches who he wants to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw the two Brentwood stars, 91 kid and old leg girl, speed training together. I guess you could say daddy coach only coaches who he wants to.

You my friend are deranged. now you resort to making stuff up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup! Disgusting abuse of power coming out of the mouths of those claiming to "grow the game" FYI: you just shamed the game. And then brag about it on social media? Are you freaking kidding? News Flash: those kids will not be the early recruits, but you just promoted early recruiting????

What are you talking about. Take your meds. Truth is there are many average 2020 already committed so your probably wrong! When has that org spoke badly about early recruiting ? Answer : never Kids went to a college campus watched a football game and played some lacrosse. Hmm sounds like someone's boy isn't getting recruited as hard as daddy wishes. Relax and enjoy YOUR boy and not worry about everyone else. That's the problem , everyone is worried what everyone else's son is doing instead of focusing on their own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you talking about. Take your meds. Truth is there are many average 2020 already committed so your probably wrong! When has that org spoke badly about early recruiting ? Answer : never Kids went to a college campus watched a football game and played some lacrosse. Hmm sounds like someone's boy isn't getting recruited as hard as daddy wishes. Relax and enjoy YOUR boy and not worry about everyone else. That's the problem , everyone is worried what everyone else's son is doing instead of focusing on their own.

Not worried about my son, he's doing just fine in the recruiting process. The problem is that these very average 2021 kids took spots at an invitation only prospect day. These kids brought the level down. There are plenty of kids in the 2020 and 2019 age group who could have actually benefitted from the visit. Check twitter, you will see that this organizations leaders have made comments against early recruiting, then send 2021 kids to prospect camp. Funny, they have also aloud the reclassing of some very good 2020 kids who will now bump loyal 2021 kids from their teams. Hypocrites, cheaters, bad for the sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone knows what 91 COACH is a PATHETIC EXAMPLE for the SPORT of LACROSSE .... #PATHETIC91COACH#EGOMANIAC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not worried about my son, he's doing just fine in the recruiting process. The problem is that these very average 2021 kids took spots at an invitation only prospect day. These kids brought the level down. There are plenty of kids in the 2020 and 2019 age group who could have actually benefitted from the visit. Check twitter, you will see that this organizations leaders have made comments against early recruiting, then send 2021 kids to prospect camp. Funny, they have also aloud the reclassing of some very good 2020 kids who will now bump loyal 2021 kids from their teams. Hypocrites, cheaters, bad for the sport.

Great post. Very true. Blow it up on Instagram and now more kids at the tryouts and charge more $$$$. You really think Michigan is looking at 13 yr olds ? When there are Sophs and Frosh trying to make a team ? Embarrassing. You wanna visit and go to a football game fine , the connections are everywhere . But cmon be real. A lot of other kids out there better that don't have the "luxury " of being on ninetyone

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 91 players were from 2021 team not the 2020 team. If these players like you say are good not great (personally haven't seen or know any 21's) isn't that kinda the way Michigan program is at right now? No one committed anywhere they went to visit a school watched a game and played a few hours of lax. The connections people are complaining about are why some clubs are valued more than others. If kids are good enough they are found regardless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
isn't there a 2021 site for this nonsense!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say the main complaint should be the fact that this was promoted as an invite only event capping at 40 2020 players that the school was interested in seeing first hand. It ended up being 66 players (2021's unfortunately included) playing on 3 teams with very little actual time on the field to be seen. Great weekend but as we have seen in the recruiting game over and over again, not as billed! It would be refreshing to see a program actually stick to their plan and not fold to certain travel teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of the 2020s that were there were no what I would consider top tier.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of the 2020s that were there were no what I would consider top tier.

Top kids noticed at elite tournaments and showcases from Laxachusettes, Tomahawks, Sweetlax, Leg, Crush, FCA. These are many of the same kids that have been on the circuit of college visits and are considered top recruits, narrowing down there choices. Sorry if your kid either wasn't able to attend, or didn't belong there because he was the wrong age group. This was one of the highest level prospect camps my son has attended, and he's been to a few.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you say so - it must be true. I was there and other than the dog and pony show it was a waste of time. What other D1 program has 2021s at a prospect day? The kings of early recruiting don't even do that...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hearing Express Terps one of the coaches sons (not the St. A's coach) has just reemerged as a '21. Pathetic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hearing Express Terps one of the coaches sons (not the St. A's coach) has just reemerged as a '21. Pathetic.

Same for Crush

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McA ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where will they play this fall and in the summer? Both good players. I'm guessing they play with the 20's and the 21's. Schedules will have to be shuffled around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know for $hit Sure that if i repeated a grade in Middle or HS my friends would have torn me a new a$$. they would probably tear my son a new one if he repeated now. Different world, I no like it but to each his own.. all i can do is write about it in a song.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McA ?

Yes, Crush, pitiful

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McA ?

Yes, Crush, pitiful

Why you ask? Too short . Same fate awaits head coaches kids if you look at parents. You can only hold a kid back so many times before you realize they ain't growing and becoming the 6 foot plus beast that colleges are looking for! Good news is there are always sports like wrestling where it doesn't matter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is lacrosse people not football. Size is not a factor. In fact many of the best attackman are small as are many top midfielders, while I do not think size matters at attck perhaps it does more in the midfield. The top attack in the world are McArdle Jordan wolf Rob Pannell Joey Sankey Will Manny, Steele Stanwick. the list goes on and on Attacking a kid is weak. That boy as well as the express player will both be more than fine ! Because of the trend and success of smaller attackman it will effect the defensive positioning as well .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very interesting point never realized how many elite attackman are smaller. Add Matt Kavanaugh Dylan Donoghue to that list as well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is lacrosse people not football. Size is not a factor. In fact many of the best attackman are small as are many top midfielders, while I do not think size matters at attck perhaps it does more in the midfield. The top attack in the world are McArdle Jordan wolf Rob Pannell Joey Sankey Will Manny, Steele Stanwick. the list goes on and on Attacking a kid is weak. That boy as well as the express player will both be more than fine ! Because of the trend and success of smaller attackman it will effect the defensive positioning as well .

So your saying now is that colleges are looking for small defenders ? U name a few big name attack men that are short. I'm sure there's a bigger list of ones that are 6'1" +

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep telling yourself size is not a matter. So you named a few undersized attack men with amazing skill. Not many young men can do what those few can ever do. Plan B is take the kids who are big with very good skill . Don't try and justify lack of size. When the option is there , always go bigger

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not saying size doesn't matter just saying of all sports lacrosse is one where it isn't everything That said of you aren't over 6'0 the skill set has to be better. especially with the way unfortunately contact is slowly beginning to be taken away from the sport. Just a healthy discussion supplied with facts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If size doesn't matter, why do you suppose parents are holding back the boys? As other kids grew around these boys, they don't look as good. I agree that there are some exceptional players who are small, but is exactly that, an exception. Smaller kids need to work twice as hard to prove they belong on the field. These parents have no faith in their kids ability and that is the sad part! Sucks to peak as a 7th grader!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Uhhh did you happen notice the best attackman (best Lacrosse player) in D1 last year? Molloy, He's 6'2" 235. The next best attackman is Rambo from MD 6'1" 220, Best Rookie attack? Kid from Loyola 6'3" 215, And so on and so on. These guys are match up nightmares for the best Defensemen in the country. Cannot be left one on one. Always doubled. The trend is definitely not to go small. Just the opposite. Can the smaller guys compete, sure. But trend is definitely towards the bigger man.

Keep telling yourself size is not a matter. So you named a few undersized attack men with amazing skill. Not many young men can do what those few can ever do. Plan B is take the kids who are big with very good skill . Don't try and justify lack of size. When the option is there , always go bigger

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd take a fast undersized kid with stick skills and a high IQ over a big meathead any day of the week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think either examples out shine the other, IMHO... but both are good examples that a good lacrosse player come in many sizes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The two players that sparked this from crush and express are both midfielders so it doesn't apply to them but to keep w convo for every Dylan Molloy there is a much better track record for smaller smarter more skilled attackman That's why Molloy is the exception most and I say most of the most successful attackman the past 5/6 years have been smaller ones. Even a smaller sample size. Top three attackman NCAA lacrosse this year. Molloy Kavanaugh, Donoghue. (2 of which 5'8 ) great topic for conversation because there is NO answer. Success has and will continue to be had by both types

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd take a fast undersized kid with stick skills and a high IQ over a big meathead any day of the week.

So you are fast to call the small kid fast , great stick skill , high IQ but the big athlete is a meathead ?? I will sound like you .... I would rather take the big , tall , lean , fast and powerful , high IQ , great stick skill player then a small pipsqueek any day.
Size does matter !! ( don't get excited now !!!)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Except if the big meat head is a 6'3" 225 Lb. physical specimen and freak athlete.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Uhhh did you happen notice the best attackman (best Lacrosse player) in D1 last year? Molloy, He's 6'2" 235. The next best attackman is Rambo from MD 6'1" 220, Best Rookie attack? Kid from Loyola 6'3" 215, And so on and so on. These guys are match up nightmares for the best Defensemen in the country. Cannot be left one on one. Always doubled. The trend is definitely not to go small. Just the opposite. Can the smaller guys compete, sure. But trend is definitely towards the bigger man.

100 percent correct, like it or not (there are always a couple of exceptions) regardless of the sport if you have a bigger man who is a standout athlete, coaches will ALWAYS go with the physical size and strength, its just the way it is. likely the primary reason Crush midfielder was held back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The two players that sparked this from crush and express are both midfielders so it doesn't apply to them but to keep w convo for every Dylan Molloy there is a much better track record for smaller smarter more skilled attackman That's why Molloy is the exception most and I say most of the most successful attackman the past 5/6 years have been smaller ones. Even a smaller sample size. Top three attackman NCAA lacrosse this year. Molloy Kavanaugh, Donoghue. (2 of which 5'8 ) great topic for conversation because there is NO answer. Success has and will continue to be had by both types

I guess you didn't notice the kid from UNC. Cloutier, basically dismantled MD. 6'0" 215. Number 1 attack Molloy 6'2" 235, #2 Cloutier 6'0" 215, #3 Rambo 6'1 220, #4 Spencer 6'3" 200... Big guys are winning awards and Championships. Oh and Lyle Thompson also a 6 footer. Sorry.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess you didn't notice the kid from UNC. Cloutier, basically dismantled MD. 6'0" 215. Number 1 attack Molloy 6'2" 235, #2 Cloutier 6'0" 215, #3 Rambo 6'1 220, #4 Spencer 6'3" 200... Big guys are winning awards and Championships. Oh and Lyle Thompson also a 6 footer. Sorry.
Cloutier the box lacrosse player from Canada?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Except if the big meat head is a 6'3" 225 Lb. physical specimen and freak athlete.

LOL. Lets be honest with ourselves. If you're 6'3" 225 and a FREAK athlete you're taking a full ride for a money sport (i.e. football). Lacrosse is a nice letter and something to do in the spring.

Size matters, sure. Sure does speed, agility, IQ and skill. For every Malloy there is a Sankey. You honestly think coaches or parents are holding their kids back because of their size? No. Simply leveraging the system to gain an advantage and play down vs. up. In other words, make me look good vs. weaker more developed players. HS will equalize it all ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. Lets be honest with ourselves. If you're 6'3" 225 and a FREAK athlete you're taking a full ride for a money sport (i.e. football). Lacrosse is a nice letter and something to do in the spring.

Size matters, sure. Sure does speed, agility, IQ and skill. For every Malloy there is a Sankey. You honestly think coaches or parents are holding their kids back because of their size? No. Simply leveraging the system to gain an advantage and play down vs. up. In other words, make me look good vs. weaker more developed players. HS will equalize it all ...
? You answered your own question with "no" but made the case for "yes", this is why we hold back - Simply leveraging the system to gain an advantage and play down vs. up. In other words, make me look good vs. weaker more developed players. Sounds to me like the narrative holdbacks use? No? Yes!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you are fast to call the small kid fast , great stick skill , high IQ but the big athlete is a meathead ?? I will sound like you .... I would rather take the big , tall , lean , fast and powerful , high IQ , great stick skill player then a small pipsqueek any day.
Size does matter !! ( don't get excited now !!!)

Just by your description of a smaller player, I am fast to call you a MEATHEAD, yep, a true MEATHEAD. Pipsqueek, really?One thing may at times be true, size does matter and the size of your IQ is way way low, as are your social skills. Now don't you go getting excited!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brains always beats brawn. If you have both - more power to you. That combination is rare.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rambo and Cloutier both under 6'0 and while Spencer is 6'3 he weighs 185 Listen Lacrosse is great because big or small players can be the best

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"big or small players can be the best"

True, but all things being equal, coaches will take the bigger player deal with it all you Napoleans out there and enjoy your extra leg room on the airplanes while we big guys suffer...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sports car vs. a Freight Train. I'll take the sports car.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous] "big or small players can be the best"

True, but all things being equal, coaches will take the bigger player deal with it all you Napoleans out there and enjoy your extra leg room on the airplanes while we big guys suffer...
[/quote
You are correct, you do suffer, from a LOW IQ.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Crush now has 2 holdbacks. Plus one coaches kid playing up, who belongs in 7th grade, but is in 6th. Can we start a soap opera?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Crush now has 2 holdbacks. Plus one coaches kid playing up, who belongs in 7th grade, but is in 6th. Can we start a soap opera?

Umm no on the soap opera because it's been that way the past few years . Crush two hold backs, express has 4/5 hold backs enough of this crap. Go play catch with your kid, with the energy your wasting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"big or small players can be the best"

What a naïve thing to say. You truly are a [lacrosse]...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Naive??? please explain. Boy did I hit a nerve with a few morons on that one! LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Naive??? please explain. Boy did I hit a nerve with a few morons on that one! LOL

Simple Jr. pull up a chair...class is in session.

Naïve because of your comment "a coach will take the bigger kid all the time"...not accurate genius, not even close

I should of added "condescending" with the Napoléon reference and pompous calling yourself a "big guy"

Dude, with comments like that, you're not big, you're just an [lacrosse].

Class dismissed....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Naive??? please explain. Boy did I hit a nerve with a few morons on that one! LOL

Naïve because of your comment "a coach will take the bigger kid all the time"...not accurate genius, not even close

I should of added "condescending" with the Napoléon reference and pompous calling yourself a "big guy"

Class dismissed.... [/quote
THAT JUST HAPPENED!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Class dismissed....

The proverbial pot calling the kettle black. I'm not the person that sent the original post that you are replying to, but you certainly sound like a bigger condescending [lacrosse] than him or her. You sound "small" in many ways, shapes and forms.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax has the #4 2017 recruit, the #1 2018 recruit and the #1 2019 recruit.

Any questions? LOL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any questions? LOL.

Yes. One question? Will any of them be younger than 20 when they enter college? Doubtful. Best quote about the 2018 kid is from that dope Xanders, "a man amoung boys" As if we did'nt know...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ask any future employer of these kids who graduate from top colleges if they ask if their new hire is 22 or 22 1/2. Man you envious Dads are so pathetic.. Good news is High School Soccer tryouts havent happened yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any questions? LOL.

Yes. One question? Will any of them be younger than 20 when they enter college? Doubtful. Best quote about the 2018 kid is from that dope Xanders, "a man amoung boys" As if we did'nt know...

Don't hate just because your club can't match up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are 10 2020's that are better than your #1 2019, Maybe more!

Any questions? LOL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 Crush LSM/FOGO to Princeton

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More accurately, this should say he committed to the application process. It is way too early to tell if any 9th grader will step foot on an Ivy League field

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the update you creepy stalker.

P.S. Do you think you are the only person on Twitter?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course there is zero congratulations by the envious loser Dads. What they meant to say was.. .Props to the parents and to that young man!!! Princeton.. Wow.. Incredible opportunity to attend the finest institution in the world because he plays lacrosse... Sick.. I'm sure the kid is on age but if he has a summer bday you clowns would find a way to find fault in that family's thought process. Again..Congrats...Ridiculous opportunity!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the update you creepy stalker.

P.S. Do you think you are the only person on Twitter?

Someone is very angry and very very jealous ...lol priceless, looser parent behavior at it's best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reclassed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any questions? LOL.

LOL. Another idiotic Strong Island dad.

Have you seen Shellenberger play? The kid is unbelievable. Unlike your kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reclassed

Not this kid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reclassed

If so, please show your proof that he is reclassed. Just making a statement doesn't prove sh*t. Have no use for people like you that make statements but have no backup/verification to prove your point.
Or, just maybe, your little johnny hasn't been selected and you are just pissed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who gives a flying F if he is reclassed?? He is on his way to Princeton..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure the kid is smart, good kid. That isn't where I am critical. Princeton administrators look like a joke when the institution is exposed to a sports coach doing this.

Princeton is currently receiving thousands of applications from kids who are at the highest rung of accomplishment, valedictorians, etc in the 2016 class. MOST of them won't be admitted. It is a joke and an abject fraud to 'commit' a kid who started high school less than a month ago. At some point the administrators at these schools just need to deep six the discretion coaches have before kids are HS rising seniors. Madalon looks like a joke. Bad start for a guy with no equity to burn. He might have just burned it all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who gives a flying F that I paid someone to take the SAT for my kid?? He is on his way to Harvard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That literally was the dumbest response to date on this forum! At least you take your anger, envy and bitterness out on is forum and you don't walk around the house kicking Fido.. or maybe you do. Congrats young man.. Take this opportunity and run with it!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You had to pay someone to take the SAT for your kid?? So your kids a moron like you and he sucks at lax! Lolollolol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who gives a flying F that I paid someone to take the SAT for my kid?? He is on his way to Harvard.

Love this response! Great analogy in my eyes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is listed as a 2019 multiple times on my internets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brain dead move by the new Primceton coach. He's going to have a rough go w/ that admissions group and administration. Long memories in that admissions office, and not all of it good. Madalon isn't too bright.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brain dead move by the new Primceton coach. He's going to have a rough go w/ that admissions group and administration. Long memories in that admissions office, and not all of it good. Madalon isn't too bright.

Cannot understand how a top Ivy commits a kid who hasn't even gotten a report card yet in high school.......More power to the kid and his family, but this is ridiculous. MAybe it will work out, but it is just throwing darts with no high school track record and no SAT/ACT. Good luck to the kid, but Princeton University should be ashamed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure being a new hire at a prestigious university w a rich lacrosse background he asked around, another jealous jerk

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a reclass

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any questions? LOL.

LOL. Another idiotic Strong Island dad.

Have you seen Shellenberger play? The kid is unbelievable. Unlike your kid.

As I suspected, no response. We shut you guys up on the field and on the Internet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for that instructional diatribe. I feel so much brighter and more informed and no longer naive. You are truly accretive to society. Go get 'em today undersized man--but fear not I can tell you have the heart of a lion and that counts for more than mere size, speed and body mass.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"2020 Crush LSM/FOGO to Princeton"

Congratulations to the young man and for all others, there truly is hope--the apple can indeed roll far from the tree!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good for him. Now - get the grades/test scores and he is all set. If not - he will be going somewhere else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How ironic and hypocritical! IL has run an article highlighting Princeton's commitment to end early recruiting today. Is this a freaking joke?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
All right people enough is enough with the attacks on this young man. I personally know him and his family. He is a great kid and a great player. For those who have no clue he is an exceptional student at an exceptional school. He is in the top 2% of academics in the country. He is also a versatile lacrosse player that is truly gifted. Why must people hate or put down a young man for achieving something so amazing. This is a lacrosse board and this is the lacrosse community making these disparaging comments. If you know the family they did not make this decision without thoroughly vetting the situation. Madalon saw ano opportunity to sign a top players with a long familial history of athletic success. Be 100% sure Princetons admissions looked at his academic workload and the advanced classes he is taking before they agreed to the commitment. Can't we just be happy for a great player and his family.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
He is listed as a 2019 multiple times on my internets.

Check your facts. This young man has always been a 2020.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does someone get in the top 2% of academics? Please shut up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game
All right people enough is enough with the attacks on this young man. I personally know him and his family. He is a great kid and a great player. For those who have no clue he is an exceptionally onal student at an exceptional school. He is in the top 2% of academics in the country. He is also a versatile lacrosse player that is truly gifted. Why must people hate or put down a young man for achieving something so amazing. This is a lacrosse board and this is the lacrosse community making these disparaging comments. If you know the family they did not make this decision without thoroughly vetting the situation. Madalon saw ano opportunity to sign a top players with a long familial history of athletic success. Be 100% sure Princetons admissions looked at his academic workload and the advanced classes he is taking before they agreed to the commitment. Can't we just be happy for a great player and his family.

Agreed he is a 2020, and excellent academically as well as athletically. The criticism is not of the player, just the hypocrisy of a school ranked #1 by multiple sources . They verbally Comimit a young boty the same day they are cited condemning the practice. This is a school that has an obligation in my opinion to be a leader in reform, they however have just become another follower. Now if my kid was offered, of course I'd be thrilled, but that doesn't make it right.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
How does someone get in the top 2% of academics? Please shut up.

It's called being smart.Some people early on in their academic careers are able to separate themselves from the pack and this young man has done so. Ohh and by the way as a moderator I see that you are the main person stirring the pot so please why don't you go away.

Last edited by America's Game; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a ridiculous claim to make that any child that has not even finished 1 semester of high school is in the top two percent of academics. Explain to me how that is measured. Tell me how - a standardized placement test? If that's the case we can do away with the SATs, ACTs, etc. - let's go straight to Princeton.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a ridiculous claim to make that any child that has not even finished 1 semester of high school is in the top two percent of academics. Explain to me how that is measured. Tell me how - a standardized placement test? If that's the case we can do away with the SATs, ACTs, etc. - let's go straight to Princeton.

I was wondering the same thing ? Seems like a rather bold claim with no facts to back it up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PRINCETON, N.J. -- The Ivy League, continuing its commitment to a student-centered model of Division I athletics, has proposed NCAA legislation to allow prospective student-athletes more time in the recruiting process to make the important decision of where to attend college.

“The pressure on prospective student-athletes to commit to a specific college earlier and earlier is a national issue,” said Executive Director Robin Harris. “It causes stress for prospects and their families, as they are often asked to make a life-altering decision as high school freshmen or sophomores, and sometimes even before they have started high school.

“Our goals are to elevate the national conversation about the negative effects of early recruiting, and to challenge the NCAA membership to change the culture of recruiting that forces prospective student-athletes to verbally commit before they are academically, athletically, or emotionally ready to make their college choice.”

Early recruiting of prospects occurs despite existing NCAA rules that prohibit coaches from initiating contact until the junior year of high school. Through various workarounds, including non-scholastic coaches and social media, access to prospective student-athletes has accelerated the recruiting timeline.

This past May, the Ivy League Directors of Athletics charged the League office with reviewing early recruiting practices and proposing NCAA legislation to address the problems.

The Ivy League proposals focus on multiple aspects of the recruiting process, such as the timeline for verbal commitments, contact during camps, and expanding limits on telephone calls and unofficial visits.

Specifically, coaches would not be allowed to make verbal offers of financial aid or support in the admission process prior to the start of the prospective student-athlete’s junior year. Additionally, other means of communication, such as initiating or receiving telephone calls, planning unofficial visits and having recruiting conversations at camps and clinics would be prohibited prior to the start of the junior year.

The Ivy League is not alone in trying to remedy early recruiting. Several national coaches groups have identified early recruiting as a significant problem. Other proposals addressing the recruiting timeline have been introduced into the NCAA legislative cycle, including proposals specific to field hockey, women’s gymnastics, and men’s and women’s lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you kidding. If you have ever been around or have a child that is gifted teachers know. There are programs like STEM that my 11th grader was fast tracked for in 5th grade. Also there are programs and school for kids of exceptional intelligence. These kids are among us and actually are fully capable of blending in without others know. Unlike many parents of kids who are athletes these parents arent decked out in gear screaming that their child is off the charts smart.

Here is some info about LISG where my kid went when at a young age he was well beyond his peers when it came to schooling.

The Long Island School for the Gifted (LISG), located in South Huntington, New [lacrosse], is a unique and exciting school for grades Pre-K - 9. We are a community dedicated to providing an outstanding education for academically gifted children where they are nurtured and treasured.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

As I stated earlier I know the family very well. This young man is on that level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sounds like the dad talking here..otherwise who would care to weigh in on how well they know someone and what a great student they are..cmon', come clean Dad..

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
sounds like the dad talking here..otherwise who would care to weigh in on how well they know someone and what a great student they are..cmon', come clean Dad..

Guy's I am the moderator and no I am not the young man's parent. As for the previous post about LISG it's not a parent either. Yet again let it rest. Kid is a great kid, from a great family.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Grasping at straws? Why does it bother you so damn much?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guy's I am the moderator and no I am not the young man's parent. As for the previous post about LISG it's not a parent either. Yet again let it rest. Kid is a great kid, from a great family.
How on earth do you know its not a parent who wrote about the LISG comment?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations, Holdback or no holdback, the parents did right by the boy. He has a commitment with Princeton. He has the opportunity of a lifetime ahead of him with or without lacrosse. How could any parent criticize this on any level?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Man the resentment arising from this comment is seething in here smile. Unreal

Congrats to this kid and his family

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Deserving young man receives great opportunity...forum trolls lose their minds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep, there exists in every area, a few parents that hate to see anyone achieve success. Its sad but its everywhere. If you noticed the kids instragrams comments, every kid from every teams across east coast congratulate kids when they commit. Then we get those parents, that just resent it. We have them on Long Island, in Philly and Baltimore. There are so many grown ups that can not stand to see good things happen to other kids.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Because I know who wrote it. As a moderator we have certain abilities to see who what and where things are coming from. Like I know how most of this stuff was started by a Maryland parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because I know who wrote it. As a moderator we have certain abilities to see who what and where things are coming from. Like I know how most of this stuff was started by a Maryland parent.
So you have certain abilities to stir the pot as well. Hmmmm interesting. New spin on anonymity.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

So you have certain abilities to stir the pot as well. Hmmmm interesting. New spin on anonymity.

Why would I look to hurt or attack anyone on this site as a moderator. I became involved with the site a few years back when there was a rouge moderator that allowed for kids to be attacked on an everyday basis. They are gone FYI. The anonymity of the internet or the perceived anonymity gives people a false sense of security that what they post will not come back to them. Well thats 100% incorrect. Its funny to see parents whos kids are teammates or once were teammates and friends of kids posting crap. I will always look out for the best interest of the kids as best I can.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem is not the kid, his parents, his qualifications, his abilities, etc. The problem is that early recruiting is out of control. The Ivy league sends out a press release saying they are against early recruiting and within day we have the earliest commit ever to Princeton. I'm sorry - there are 12th graders with 4.0+ GPAs and perfect SAT scores that may not get into Princeton - but they are going to provide a verbal commitment to a 14 year old? You can't have it both ways.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem is not the kid, his parents, his qualifications, his abilities, etc. The problem is that early recruiting is out of control. The Ivy league sends out a press release saying they are against early recruiting and within day we have the earliest commit ever to Princeton. I'm sorry - there are 12th graders with 4.0+ GPAs and perfect SAT scores that may not get into Princeton - but they are going to provide a verbal commitment to a 14 year old? You can't have it both ways.

Why so much heartburn about early recruiting? Does not really impact my kid if another kid commits early.

Afraid that all the good spots will be taken? If your kid's not getting noticed in his peer group now, will probably be pretty much the same (for most) in 2-3 years.

How can a 9th grader know what he wants in a college? If the kid is getting a foot in the door at Hopkins or Duke or Notre dame, or Princeton, I have a hard time seeing a downside.

I don't think anyone here would say "no thanks" if any of those schools came knocking for their 9th grader.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
You said it yourself it's a verbal. Kid has to keep up his part. There are players playing at Top Academic football programs who can barely read or write a difference your worried about a non funded Ivy League School. This is all college sports not just lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I seriously doubt there are any football players at Duke, Notre Dame and Stanford who cant read or write.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why so much heartburn about early recruiting? Does not really impact my kid if another kid commits early.

Afraid that all the good spots will be taken? If your kid's not getting noticed in his peer group now, will probably be pretty much the same (for most) in 2-3 years.

How can a 9th grader know what he wants in a college? If the kid is getting a foot in the door at Hopkins or Duke or Notre dame, or Princeton, I have a hard time seeing a downside.

I don't think anyone here would say "no thanks" if any of those schools came knocking for their 9th grader.

You answered your own question - "How can a 9th grader know what he wants in a college?" In addition to that, it pushes all of the elements of recruiting - including the associated stresses - down to younger and younger kids. And that, in turn, encourages players and parents to game that system and/or get caught up in it. Personally, I don't think a college should be able to make contact with a student athlete until they hit their junior year. There's very little good that comes of early recruiting.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I seriously doubt there are any football players at Duke, Notre Dame and Stanford who cant read or write.

I was being facetious. It was just a point. There are plenty of fully funded sports that make exceptions to the admissions processes for their athletes. This is not and will not be the case for this student athlete that everyone is hemming and hawing over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You answered your own question - "How can a 9th grader know what he wants in a college?" In addition to that, it pushes all of the elements of recruiting - including the associated stresses - down to younger and younger kids. And that, in turn, encourages players and parents to game that system and/or get caught up in it. Personally, I don't think a college should be able to make contact with a student athlete until they hit their junior year. There's very little good that comes of early recruiting.

I was not asking that, just stating one if the common arguments against. Early recruiting to elite colleges #firstworldproblems

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I live in the first world. Early recruiting is a problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A problem for whom? Don't think it's a problem for the kids getting recruited, I don't hear any of them complaining.

The schools? I think those huge institutions, with tens of thousands of students and multi-billion dollar endowments will be ok if they take bets on a handful of kids each year.

So who then?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People who's kids can't get recruited early Hate early recruiting Comical

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The only people who should worry about early recruits are the coaches of the team. People forget its the coaches job to win games and do the best they can to help the young men in their program. More than ever before coaches are under pressure to win. You dont win now its bye bye. It was very evident over this summer with the coaching carousel that was presented. Coaches take calculated risks on these young players. Will they pan out into the player that the coach hopes they will. Will they stay committed to that program. We have seen a lot of players switch commitments Junior and Senior years in high school that were early recruits. Often is it due to not meeting the grades or a few down years at the program they committed to early. It also could be because the player just doesnt like the school or coach anymore. There is no formula. Coaches have had their hand forced into early recruiting because many of the top programs did it and were successful. Issue is how many cant miss kids are they in each class that can be predicted in 9th grade. Its really a handful. Coaches hope they can catch lightning in a bottle with an early recruit. Yet please dont forget these coaches have their job on the line.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only people who should worry about early recruits are the coaches of the team. People forget its the coaches job to win games and do the best they can to help the young men in their program. More than ever before coaches are under pressure to win. You dont win now its bye bye. It was very evident over this summer with the coaching carousel that was presented. Coaches take calculated risks on these young players. Will they pan out into the player that the coach hopes they will. Will they stay committed to that program. We have seen a lot of players switch commitments Junior and Senior years in high school that were early recruits. Often is it due to not meeting the grades or a few down years at the program they committed to early. It also could be because the player just doesnt like the school or coach anymore. There is no formula. Coaches have had their hand forced into early recruiting because many of the top programs did it and were successful. Issue is how many cant miss kids are they in each class that can be predicted in 9th grade. Its really a handful. Coaches hope they can catch lightning in a bottle with an early recruit. Yet please dont forget these coaches have their job on the line.

Good point, and a perspective that many (including me) probably had not considered.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A problem for whom? Don't think it's a problem for the kids getting recruited, I don't hear any of them complaining.

The schools? I think those huge institutions, with tens of thousands of students and multi-billion dollar endowments will be ok if they take bets on a handful of kids each year.

So who then?

If you don't think it is a problem for the kids that are getting recruited, then you have spoken to the wrong parents (whose kids have been forced into this situation). The kids are too young to make this important decision, they have no idea what they are really committing to, and it puts them under an extreme amount of pressure every time they step onto the field. The kids are the only ones being hurt and there is NO reason that this needs to be happening.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So who then?

If you don't think it is a problem for the kids that are getting recruited, then you have spoken to the wrong parents (whose kids have been forced into this situation). The kids are too young to make this important decision, they have no idea what they are really committing to, and it puts them under an extreme amount of pressure every time they step onto the field. The kids are the only ones being hurt and there is NO reason that this needs to be happening.

How could anyone be "forced" into this situation - we're not talking about human trafficking. One could argue, and I will, that removing the stress of navigating the admissions process, to multiple schools, frees up a kid for more productive endeavors - kind of like FastPass® for college.

Please show me the kid who regrets going to Duke or UNC.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

So who then?

Travel sports have become a pressure cooker for kids. Its a shame but thats the nature of the beast. I think your forgetting one vital component. Parents are 100% involved in the process. Do you think a parent is not looking out for their childs best interest. I am sure that a parent is doing everything in their power to make sure their child has the best opportunity in life. You are making it sound as if its Lord of the Flies and kids are on their own. Thats not the case and the parents of early commits to top academic programs have done their homework.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So who then?

Travel sports have become a pressure cooker for kids. Its a shame but thats the nature of the beast. I think your forgetting one vital component. Parents are 100% involved in the process. Do you think a parent is not looking out for their childs best interest. I am sure that a parent is doing everything in their power to make sure their child has the best opportunity in life. You are making it sound as if its Lord of the Flies and kids are on their own. Thats not the case and the parents of early commits to top academic programs have done their homework.

The parents feel pressure too, and it doesn't have to be this way. The parents do like it one bit. There is no reason this needs to be happening in 9th grade (or even before) no reason.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any teams looking for players in the Western Suffolk area.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any teams looking for players in the Western Suffolk area.

Try Outlaws

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
come one, come all.

Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 50 51

Link Copied to Clipboard