BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Tryouts
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
New at this..looking for opinions on 2024 Express, Igloo, and Outlaws? How long does a team take to let you know if your son makes the team?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Tryouts
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one gets cut from express

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Usually get some response within tbe week. They want to lock you up before you do other tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your check clears

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
express makes cuts as they should

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Ranger12
New at this..looking for opinions on 2024 Express, Igloo, and Outlaws? How long does a team take to let you know if your son makes the team?

All will let you know within a few days of the final tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

IF they can is more like it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they cut 2024's last year and they will again this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't know about 2024 and maybe they do cut kids but Express not only has no cuts but if you sign up and don't attend tryouts they will automatically place you on the "B" team and if they have a "C" team they will place you there. I have never heard of anyone getting cut from express and I have been around for years. Do your homework before you sign up for any team. Good luck.

they cut 2024's last year and they will again this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only cuts made with Express is if you check bounces!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
If your child makes the team will the coaches give you more information such as how many players are on the team, and what you are getting for your money in terms of practices, tournaments, etc.?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on Redon girls?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Call each club. If one does not get back to you don't go there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
our experience has been that no matter where my daughter has played she is always treated differently with regard to playing time, instruction, etc... than the team's coaches/ club directors home town players and there friends. Has anyone's had a better experience they are willing to share? Please no nasty responses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't know about 2024 and maybe they do cut kids but Express not only has no cuts but if you sign up and don't attend tryouts they will automatically place you on the "B" team and if they have a "C" team they will place you there. I have never heard of anyone getting cut from express and I have been around for years. Do your homework before you sign up for any team. Good luck.

Ah, hold on there. You didn't say A, B, and C did you? No, no, no...those terms are no longer used. They are AAA, AA, and A teams.

And yes, little Johnny will definitely be on some 'A(AA)' team. Aren't you proud? Doesn't it feel great to know that Johnny is on his way?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daddy ball at igloo and outlaws. Express is a revolving door of coaches and kids.
Best way to learn about a team is to ask parents who have been on the team.
Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ah, hold on there. You didn't say A, B, and C did you? No, no, no...those terms are no longer used. They are AAA, AA, and A teams.

And yes, little Johnny will definitely be on some 'A(AA)' team. Aren't you proud? Doesn't it feel great to know that Johnny is on his way?

I thought that changed to Team 1, Team 2, Team 3, Team 1AAA, Team 2AAA, etch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LI Bluefish is a great organization, new, no BS, 2 coaches, you know exactly what you get from day $$ from day 1.
365Lax, another straight shooting organization.

Most of the rest have too much BS and ask $$ than what you get. Can't really speak towards the clubs that are suffolk run but in nassau, i would stay away from all but the 2 mentioned above.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LI Bluefish is a great organization, new, no BS, 2 coaches, you know exactly what you get from day $$ from day 1.

Most of the rest have too much BS and ask $$ than what you get. Can't really speak towards the clubs that are suffolk run but in nassau, i would stay away from all but the 2 mentioned above.

I hear a lot of talk about Recon lately and when we played at Shootout for Soldiers, it seemed like one of their teams was always playing. I spoke to one of the parents and them seem to like it. They seem to offer more than just lacrosse. Anyone else have some feedback.

Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didon't teams used to be more forthcoming with how much the fee is, and what you get?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes they did used to be more up front..now you tryout, make a team and then don't find out who coach is until spring...at least that's they way it is w/ a bunch of girls programs..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like Viper is trying to field younger teams. Low cost, but still have to ask are they worth it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bluefish is a great organization? I guess you haven't talked to their parents. kids on certain teams jumped ship and coaches who get 3-5 penalties a game for yelling at the refs.

365 takes kids from other programs and plays in just 1-3 tourneys and then they take credit for the kids who commit. Do your homework and you will find out that they are not the best choices and other programs are more affordable and have better reputations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stay away from all teams but Bluefish and 365? That's ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bluefish is a great organization? I guess you haven't talked to their parents. kids on certain teams jumped ship and coaches who get 3-5 penalties a game for yelling at the refs.

365 takes kids from other programs and plays in just 1-3 tourneys and then they take credit for the kids who commit. Do your homework and you will find out that they are not the best choices and other programs are more affordable and have better reputations.

Even though it's certainly not all about wins and losses, it can't be much fun getting shellacked all summer like the Bluefish teams other than their 2019 did this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91...not a very well run program for girls?...any opinion?...

Don't do it! No talent, although some coaches are good. You won't get anywhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stay away from all teams but Bluefish and 365? That's ridiculous.

That may actually be the stupidest thing ever written on here!! And that's saying a lot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what age group are you talking about ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hear a lot of talk about Recon lately and when we played at Shootout for Soldiers, it seemed like one of their teams was always playing. I spoke to one of the parents and them seem to like it. They seem to offer more than just lacrosse. Anyone else have some feedback.

Thanks

Father of a Recon 2023 player. I was happy. A few people said they would like to see more practices but I was good with what they did. The winter crossfit indoor training was fun for my kid. The kids got along well, no parent drama, they played great. He will be at this Saturdays tryouts. Good luck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All, name one quality tournament they have made it to the finals in?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly what you get from day one is very few practices and a hodge podge of tournaments some of which saw their teams losing by 12-13 goals. It is a new organization so give them time. However, the truth is they have a long way to go. The picked up a bunch of good 2019s but the other teams were nothing special at all. Again, new organization so time will tell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the bluefish directors get it. popped up kind of late last year, at least on my radar or we would have tried out. I have a 2019, they brought over a existing team that is why they had some success. Powers, Tierney and Allen all get the club scene and how to work it. I think they will have more success this year with the earlier tryouts and a year to see what they have.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the bluefish directors get it. popped up kind of late last year, at least on my radar or we would have tried out. I have a 2019, they brought over a existing team that is why they had some success. Powers, Tierney and Allen all get the club scene and how to work it. I think they will have more success this year with the earlier tryouts and a year to see what they have.

How do they "get the club scene"? The only thing they get is that they can make money by having a bunch of B, C and D level teams.
Tierney should worry about getting the college team he coaches into the playoffs which hasn't done in a very long time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they are experienced, they started the club scene. Read the rest of the post, wasn't talking about last year... Jack-A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they are experienced, they started the club scene. Read the rest of the post, wasn't talking about last year... Jack-A

Let's start a new club and fill the teams with mostly Garden City kids that didn't make other travel teams. Then have most of those teams lose 75% of their games, many of which by double digit margins. That's the way to start a program! Good thing they "started the club scene".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what does started the club scene mean? i know one of them started the Express, but tierney was a 9d1 guy first. GC is not a bad town to take a chance on. I thought their tryouts were very good last year, 2020 was well attended.. maybe by a lot of kids who were already on other teams, but it was still a great tryout. I would bet on these guys before betting on some of the other options in NC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's start a new club and fill the teams with mostly Garden City kids that didn't make other travel teams. Then have most of those teams lose 75% of their games, many of which by double digit margins. That's the way to start a program! Good thing they "started the club scene".

I believe he/she was talking about J.A. , one of the founders of LIE.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do you think the head coach of Hofstra is going to help your son get into a school besides his? Does this make sense to you? He will send one of his studs to a team that he might compete against in the next few years...Cmon parents wake up..He isnt making phone calls for ur kid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do you think the head coach of Hofstra is going to help your son get into a school besides his? Does this make sense to you? He will send one of his studs to a team that he might compete against in the next few years...Cmon parents wake up..He isnt making phone calls for ur kid

College coaches only want kids that want to go to their school. If you are honest with them and tell them up front that you do not want to stay on LI then there shouldn't be a problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
taking my son to 2020 tryouts sunday afternoon and looking forward to it. want a different option on club scene and separate from his schools summer high school team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taking my 2020 to the Bluefish tryouts this year. I like the coaching in this group and the practice location. Also like what i am hearing from parents who played last year, and yes they start out with we struggled, but everyone i know who played for them last year is returning for tryouts - i think thats a good sign.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As long as you are not serious about lacrosse and your kid just wants to continue playing somewhere in the summer I think Bluefish is a great option.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where does a serious 2024 go to play lacrosse? I am very serious about him playing serious game of lacrosse with other serious kids with serious parents. I would like to take all the fun out of playing a game and give him a serious lesson on how hard the real world is because in all seriousness at 10 years old he needs to get more serious. I am serious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are seriously a [lacrosse].

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lol. your crazy man. I don't think Blue Fish is out there trying to win the Dicks National championship... they have it in persepctive and its an outlet for your kid to player summer lax. its not cut throat 3-4 day a week practice and only the stars play. If your son is one of those studs there are teams and programs out there for you 9t1, exprass etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can tell you from experience that 365lax is not the way to go. Total waste of time. Everyone on the team had an awful experience this past year. Nothing like seeing you sons team get beat down game after game, tourney after tourney. Coaches showing up 10-15 min before the tourney is supposed to start. No info about schedules, practices, games, etc until parents starting emailing about what was going on. If all that, and more, sounds good, then 365lax is for you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks

Father of a Recon 2023 player. I was happy. A few people said they would like to see more practices but I was good with what they did. The winter crossfit indoor training was fun for my kid. The kids got along well, no parent drama, they played great. He will be at this Saturdays tryouts. Good luck

How many times a week leadinf up to season season and then inseason did they do that you were good with? How many kids were on the team? Did they have any specialized training? Anything you wish they did better? Did he play in any other club teams before this or was it your sons first time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We have done our research and spoke with a lot of coaches in the Nassau area. We are very impressed with the attitude and philosphy of the girls coaches at Team 91 and willing to give them a try with our 2025 daughter. We want her to have fun and be well-coached. Iexcellent organizations out there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We have done our research and spoke with a lot of coaches in the Nassau area. We are very impressed with the attitude and philosphy of the girls coaches at Team 91 and willing to give them a try with our 2025 daughter. We want her to have fun and be well-coached. Iexcellent organizations out there

Good luck, but bet you'll leave like we did. Loved our coach, talent was not there, and no quality tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck, but bet you'll leave like we did. Loved our coach, talent was not there, and no quality tournaments.

May I ask where your daughter went?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the numbers at the Wolfpack tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recon Lacrosse - class act organization. Look up Harry Jacobs - He is the epitome of Lacrosse. Good guys, good coaches. They will do the right thing for your kid. My son played with them and was recruited. He received a lot of inquiries from coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The heat index will cause issues for some tryouts this weekend. The town and county shut down the fields when it's above a certain level. Some tryouts will be postponed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The heat index will cause issues for some tryouts this weekend. The town and county shut down the fields when it's above a certain level. Some tryouts will be postponed.

Town fields were closed at noon today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Outlaws shut down their tryouts tomorrow?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As of right now no.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Considering true blue tomorrow for 2025. I know they had a team last year. Anyone know of team is set or of spots are open?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Considering true blue tomorrow for 2025. I know they had a team last year. Anyone know of team is set or of spots are open?

Spots are open.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spots are open.

Good to know 4th grade still has oppotunity for movement.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the turnout like at the various tryouts on LI this past week?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I guess TLI is the pipeline to Marist as TB is the pipeline to Adelphi.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws Had 80 Plus at Most ages

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the Outlaw 2023 tryout ? If you missed the first one can you still go to the ones upcoming?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes teams aren't set after just one tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I guess TLI is the pipeline to Marist as TB is the pipeline to Adelphi.

Yea, son a coach there? Seems weird. Director also claiming his player got an Athletic Scholarship to West Point. Does he not know that acadamys don't offer Athletic Scholarships? And Marist gives no money!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Marist is fully funded has full athletic and academic scholarships

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That must be pretty recent development because a few years ago they gave the lowest average scholarship monetarily in D-1 men's lax. According to a NCAA report, it was $4537. I think it was for 2013 or 2014. State school Albany was $ 8514.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Bluefish had a big turnout....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the Outlaw 2023 tryout ? If you missed the first one can you still go to the ones upcoming?

Go to 2 me tryout. A lot of kids were on vacation 1st tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That must be pretty recent development because a few years ago they gave the lowest average scholarship monetarily in D-1 men's lax. According to a NCAA report, it was $4537. I think it was for 2013 or 2014. State school Albany was $ 8514.

thats woul dbe an interesting site to review, which schools give what

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Parents are getting tired of the big club BS. They just want their kids to play and enjoy the sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recon Lacrosse - class act organization. Look up Harry Jacobs - He is the epitome of Lacrosse. Good guys, good coaches. They will do the right thing for your kid. My son played with them and was recruited. He received a lot of inquiries from coaches.

Harry's a great guy and that is true, however, he doesn't coach anymore. Just name attached to the organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
60+ players on one team??? any truth to this? wth!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many is a big turnout?

Parents are getting tired of the big club BS. They just want their kids to play and enjoy the sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Marist is still not fully funded. Your wrong buddy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the tuition/ hidden costs of playing for Recon?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
What is the tuition/ hidden costs of playing for Recon?

Why can't you ask them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays on Recon 2023 and yes Harry might not coach anymore but he's much more then a name attached to the organization. I have seen him attend practices, tournaments, and winter workouts and constantly communicating info via email.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what team are you talking about 60+ players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Marist and the members of the MAAC have entered into an agreement to grow the MAAC. It dealt with the number of scholarships, coaches salaries, Full time assistants and the minimum salaries for them. It has been slowly integrated over the last few years. That is why the level of play in the MAAC has risen and why the MAAC has won the play in game the last two seasons. Times they are a changing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recon tuition was $1250 last year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
80??you must be counting parents as well. It was honestly about 50 kids for 2 age groups combined. It pay to play at 2024 level.They wont have 2 full rosters until mid May same as last year.If your check clears your on the team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express 2024 really doing 3 teams? That is insane.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Marist and the members of the MAAC have entered into an agreement to grow the MAAC. It dealt with the number of scholarships, coaches salaries, Full time assistants and the minimum salaries for them. It has been slowly integrated over the last few years. That is why the level of play in the MAAC has risen and why the MAAC has won the play in game the last two seasons. Times they are a changing.

That is very insightful for anyone who cares about the MAAC. Not sure why on tryout post though???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws Had 80 Plus at Most ages

Hahahaha no they didnt

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express 2024 really doing 3 teams? That is insane.

Only for those players and parents not on the top team. But I expect them to call them something other than A, B, and C in order to retain those that would otherwise play elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at 3 different age groups for Outlaws and they did have roughly 80 at the 3 I was at.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since you were commenting without knowing anything, I counted 85 at the 2021 tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many is a big turnout?

Bluefish are big. Jamie Allen is the connect and will let you know that if you call him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did TLI have a 2021 team last year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was fl$ today?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
80,85 that's a lot of $$$$ and have the balls to charge one of the highest and still ask for tryout money in May when they are down kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard a top 2021 faceoff guy on LI is changing programs after all these years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was fl$ today?

Did you get your burrito gift certificate for trying out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only parents that are getting sick of it are the ones whose children don't make the team they "think" their child belongs on. I'm getting so sick of parents who "think" their kid got screwed and didn't make a team. Guess what? Maybe your child isn't what they were looking for. In your eyes he's perfect but when a ton of kids come to tryouts they better SHINE. And who knows what the coaches are looking for. Stop your complaining!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only parents that are getting sick of it are the ones whose children don't make the team they "think" their child belongs on. I'm getting so sick of parents who "think" their kid got screwed and didn't make a team. Guess what? Maybe your child isn't what they were looking for. In your eyes he's perfect but when a ton of kids come to tryouts they better SHINE. And who knows what the coaches are looking for. Stop your complaining!

Or maybe you're the Coach or the parent of a kid up the coached [lacrosse]? Ehhh? Know plenty of them!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son doesn't play for one of the "big" clubs and is on a team yfthat is perfect for him. I'm tired of hearing parents who think their son is the greatest. Look around, there are a lot of good athletes out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tell us where he's going dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone give me info about this clue?

How was fl$ today?

Did you get your burrito gift certificate for trying out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Buyer beware!!!

Great players are passed over for top Express 2019 team every year. The pay to play kids make that team every year. Then the players who were over looked get farmed down to the B team.. They are told it is the 2nd A team. No one is fooled. Then come the spring several new players show up making it difficult for coaches and players who tried out in August.

Then what can you do? It is May, you already paid $2400 -- Your son needs to be on a club team to play in recruiting g tournaments
SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD.

BUYER BEWARE.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is he leaving the 'BS' behind?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey wait, nobody told me my kid is leaving his club team!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So true!!!!!!! Daddy coaches and brown nosed parents CONSTANTLY patting the back of the coach.. Suck ups!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Buyer beware!!!

Great players are passed over for top Express 2019 team every year. The pay to play kids make that team every year. Then the players who were over looked get farmed down to the B team.. They are told it is the 2nd A team. No one is fooled. Then come the spring several new players show up making it difficult for coaches and players who tried out in August.

Then what can you do? It is May, you already paid $2400 -- Your son needs to be on a club team to play in recruiting g tournaments
SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD.

BUYER BEWARE.

That so called B team is more then capable of beating the A team. More important how many kids that don't go to catholic school are on either team? ..My guess is less then 5 . So please call it the Catholic express ..Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Buyer beware!!!

SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD.

BUYER BEWARE.

If those players are so good can't they still get recruited by being seen on their HS team , prospect day or a showcase?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So let us hear it ...where is he going ??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this because of the coach? My son just made his younger team but we do not plan to send him to Catholic HS. Should I give it a second thought? Is he a good coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would he leave?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wont the igloo melt from the blaze

Why would he leave?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Buyer beware!!!

SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD.

BUYER BEWARE.

Of course. But that's all additional money (except HS) and why should you miss out on what you paid. The crazy thing is this happens every year, at every grade there. No one ever thinks it will happen to them, and every spring we hear the same stories !!

If those players are so good can't they still get recruited by being seen on their HS team , prospect day or a showcase?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are players leaving Black Ice? They don't need any help.

Wont the igloo melt from the blaze

Why would he leave?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How tough to get on 2021 igloo team? Do they take any new players or are they set?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Call them.

Like any program I'm sure they are always looking to improve.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws are a very good team. The Brennans are truly wonderful people

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DELETED

You better knock it off. Making one post after another trying to look like many different people.

Check yourself before I do!!!!!!

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crushed it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there no teams for Mamaboyz 2021 and 2022?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is that Chaminade feud going? LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Suffolk Allstar tryout, boys and girls?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got it thanks, should have looked at website first.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
alot of garden city helmets at 2020 tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry alot of garden city helmets 2020 at bluefish tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
...because the GC 2020 town team folded.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And there were a lot there last year also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
most of those kids were on teams last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
has 24 scrapped the 2021 and older teams? i see tryout info for only 2024, 22, 26? or did they fill the other teams already. Anyone know? i emailed the info account, no response yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on taking the 10 mid spot on a A team versus the top mid spot on the B team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on taking the 10 mid spot on a A team versus the top mid spot on the B team?

Take the top mid spot on B especially if younger than HS age and it is one of top organizations. Think about it. 3 line of 3 midfielders = 9. How much is junior gonna play, not much even with rotation. Too many parents care about the A/B thing, if you aren't playing-you aren't improving.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i heard 24 only a 2024 team, possibly a 2025.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A question you should ask when joining a team is how competitive is the team? Will my son have sufficient playing time? Will he improve being on the team? The objective is to have your son get better. This in the end will make him a better player and will ultimately get the looks from coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI bengals too. No bs and all coaches treat every kid like family

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
has 24 scrapped the 2021 and older teams? i see tryout info for only 2024, 22, 26? or did they fill the other teams already. Anyone know? i emailed the info account, no response yet.

Team 24 has not scraped the older teams, they have team at each age level! They are looking to fill in couple positions at each age!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Recon reach out to people? Curious how many teams per grade they are having.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Recon reach out to people? Curious how many teams per grade they are having.

Yes. Seems most clubs try and get a commitment as soon as possible after tryouts are over. Believe 1 team per grade, at least for the non nigh school grades

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i heard recon was trying to get 2 teams for the 2023, anyone know how that went?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recon said we would know by Thursday or Friday either way

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is there any spots open on igloo for attack man

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your better than a attackman that they have you get a spot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You asked a question without a grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for the igloo 2023 team

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
for the igloo 2023 team

I suggest that you contact Igloo directly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for the igloo 2023 team

Possibly, but not as a starter on the A team. Our 3 starting attackmen are very good and all returning. The starters play 3/4 of the game. If he's good, he may be able to start on B.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for the igloo 2023 team

inside scoop is this is the largest grade for tryouts. Only has 2nd team openings. Tough way to spend $100. Don't get your kids expectations up. Kids at this age take it hard when they're rejected.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A little dramatic , don't u think. Maybe your spoiled kid takes rejection badly. It's only lacrosse. If a kid is better then work harder or stop telling little Johnny how great he is , this kid that kid stinks , and the coach sucks. Kids learn what they hear.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100 Percent false. The real inside info is they are looking to replace 3 attack spots on the top team. Like any other team if your kid is a little better than the 3 they are looking to replace he won't make it. He has to be better to the point where he will make a difference. That is with any team not just Igloo. Stand out and he will make it. If only a little better all teams will choose the returning kid. The only way to guarantee that he won't make it is to not show up.

for the igloo 2023 team

inside scoop is this is the largest grade for tryouts. Only has 2nd team openings. Tough way to spend $100. Don't get your kids expectations up. Kids at this age take it hard when they're rejected.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for the igloo 2023 team

What are they doing with 2022 with A and B teams? Heard promising some kids spots on A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100 Percent false. The real inside info is they are looking to replace 3 attack spots on the top team. Like any other team if your kid is a little better than the 3 they are looking to replace he won't make it. He has to be better to the point where he will make a difference. That is with any team not just Igloo. Stand out and he will make it. If only a little better all teams will choose the returning kid. The only way to guarantee that he won't make it is to not show up.

for the igloo 2023 team

Or, in the case of this Empire Dads kid, just not be good enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow! Good luck to those kids that are on the chopping block. Hope they have options because their coach is looking to get rid of them. Heads up there are openings on Outlaws for attack!

for the igloo 2023 team

Or, in the case of this Empire Dads kid, just not be good enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i heard recon was trying to get 2 teams for the 2023, anyone know how that went?

Yes. Heard the same thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are all a joke! Get a life

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are more than enough to make two teams. It will happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. Heard the same thing.

Seems to be the case with most tears now days, so why not. One club does does it then all of them do. It starting to turn into as long as the clubs have enough kids, they will feild tears for them. What is the purpose of tryouts, just show up for fist practice for group placement is all that is needed and save the psrents the cost of the tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A little dramatic , don't u think. Maybe your spoiled kid takes rejection badly. It's only lacrosse. If a kid is better then work harder or stop telling little Johnny how great he is , this kid that kid stinks , and the coach sucks. Kids learn what they hear.

Sometimes there is politics in tryouts and teams... other times there is rose colored glasses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough with the lame "little Johnny" references!!! Grow up already. Pathetic!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone tell me what igloo cost. Per year???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is on the Igloo web page. Depends on year and if player is returning from prior year. Could be as high as just under 4k for a new player but for that same year a returning player is just under 3k.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

About 1000 more than the other big clubs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wouldn't it be easier to go to their website you will get all that information plus what it covers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How much you make a year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true at all. The head coach brought his 3 pets over last year and it will take a whole lot of talent to unseat one of them He has his favorites and plays them 75% of the game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wouldn't it be easier to go to their website you will get all that information plus what it covers.

Didn't see it that's why I asked

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone know how true blue made out did they do the 2 teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What age group?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 age group

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
heard recon 2023 picked up some new kids, should be a very solid team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am fairly sure TB 2023 does have two teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a new parent to the game (parent of a 6th grader) I hopefully have one simple question that can be answered. Why are tryouts so early? I understand most teams are year round now so maybe they want to have teams for fall ball but the reality is -- at 6th, 7th and 8th grade these boys and girls can grow and gain tremendous size and speed over the course of 10 months. From what I have seen some of the summer tourneys ended in July and the summer teams started in June. Having tryouts in August/Sept for the following summer when kids will basically be 10 months older seems silly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a new parent to the game (parent of a 6th grader) I hopefully have one simple question that can be answered. Why are tryouts so early? I understand most teams are year round now so maybe they want to have teams for fall ball but the reality is -- at 6th, 7th and 8th grade these boys and girls can grow and gain tremendous size and speed over the course of 10 months. From what I have seen some of the summer tourneys ended in July and the summer teams started in June. Having tryouts in August/Sept for the following summer when kids will basically be 10 months older seems silly.

Hey play FALL tournaments in a few weeks... You'll catch on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son is already practicing with his 2017 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every year teams recruit kids that end up getting left behind because they haven't developed over the season, and other players who made the team as a backup becomes a star because they grew 6" and picked up more speed and ability than the rest. But as stated, practices already started, and many teams will do fall tournaments and winter training. The issue that I have is that these interfere with fall sports, and every college coach agrees that they want kids that play in more than one sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every year teams recruit kids that end up getting left behind because they haven't developed over the season, and other players who made the team as a backup becomes a star because they grew 6" and picked up more speed and ability than the rest. But as stated, practices already started, and many teams will do fall tournaments and winter training. The issue that I have is that these interfere with fall sports, and every college coach agrees that they want kids that play in more than one sport.

Best sport for any lax player is basketball and the winter still has box but it's a great season to play another sport and basketball and lacrosse really help each other's game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Basketball is good, but every lacrosse coach worth his salt will tell you the best sport to play is football. the physicality of the game goes a long way, basketball is great if kids work on the proper footwork, also the team work of moving the ball, also picks... so many kids dont know how to throw or spot a pick.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best sport for any lax player is basketball and the winter still has box but it's a great season to play another sport and basketball and lacrosse really help each other's game.

Nothing wrong with playing other sports. THey SHOULD. But as you get to a higher level of lacrosse he should not play for multiple sport A travel teams. Unless you want to burn your son out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Basketball is good, but every lacrosse coach worth his salt will tell you the best sport to play is football. the physicality of the game goes a long way, basketball is great if kids work on the proper footwork, also the team work of moving the ball, also picks... so many kids dont know how to throw or spot a pick.

No the best sport for anyone to do is wrestling. Nothing prepares you better for life than wrestling. The physical and more importantly mental toughness it takes to wrestle is second to none. Wrestlers develop a balance and explosiveness that is not obtained in other sports. One of the best strength and conditioning programs out there is wrestling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it is the other way around multiple sports keeps a kid from burning out. when a kid plays one sport it becomes a job.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No the best sport for anyone to do is wrestling. Nothing prepares you better for life than wrestling. The physical and more importantly mental toughness it takes to wrestle is second to none. Wrestlers develop a balance and explosiveness that is not obtained in other sports. One of the best strength and conditioning programs out there is wrestling.

while all sports are good to play the best one by far to help with lacrosse or any other sport for that matter is ice hockey. It is very much like lacrosse but by far it is the hardest sport to play. that's why many kids dont play and also because it is the most expensive out of all of them. The quickness,physicality,skill,IQ by far is the best for the kids. Oh and it is a team sport which helps as well you have to move the puck b fore you get killed out there just like lacrosse. There are so many similarities with these sports that all it does is help.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

while all sports are good to play the best one by far to help with lacrosse or any other sport for that matter is ice hockey. It is very much like lacrosse but by far it is the hardest sport to play. that's why many kids dont play and also because it is the most expensive out of all of them. The quickness,physicality,skill,IQ by far is the best for the kids. Oh and it is a team sport which helps as well you have to move the puck b fore you get killed out there just like lacrosse. There are so many similarities with these sports that all it does is help.

Basketball is better

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most college football and lacrosse coaches love kids who wrestle. The ones that wrestle all year round and cut tremendous amounts of weight usually just wrestle. But the multi sport athlete that wrestles in the winter is very attractive to football and lacrosse recruiters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Soccer is the most complimentary sport to lacrosse. Field event, involving a lot of running and moving towards the net with a ball. Wrestling is a great overall sport, but relevance to lacrosse is minimal, basketball is played on a much smaller wood floor, ice hockey is well..played on ice. So overall it's soccer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh, S&*T, what was I thinking having my daughter join the bowling and fencing teams to get ready for Lax season?....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are people steering away from travel teams ? Im seeing more and more town teams making there own travel teams at a fraction of the cost. Are people starting to wake up and not pay $2,500 plus ZuF3CBfor a B team and still losing at tournaments ? Some crap product travel teams are putting out on the field and losing. Yes I did travel 1 year drank the cool aid and the team was not that good. What do some of you think ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are people steering away from travel teams ? Im seeing more and more town teams making there own travel teams at a fraction of the cost. Are people starting to wake up and not pay $2,500 plus ZuF3CBfor a B team and still losing at tournaments ? Some crap product travel teams are putting out on the field and losing. Yes I did travel 1 year drank the cool aid and the team was not that good. What do some of you think ?

You did travel? How long did you have to save up your allowance?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your child is good, they will always find a place to play in college. Athletes are athletes. Our HS has put out a more than a handful of girls into mid to low D1 without ever playing club travel ball EVER.

Now travel makes the road easier and the big clubs the easiest because lazy college coaches give them the most looks. As this year illustrated again, if you aren't playing at a top 10 lacrosse college its all about the same because the talent level falls off a cliff.

Do it because you and your child enjoy the game and the travel involved because the ROI is terrible relative to academics. 100% of kids can qualify for academic money while the national average of HS varsity players receiving ANY athletic money is around 1.8%. Enjoy the ride sadly it goes by really quick

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see a lot of towns like west islip , 3 village, smith town, Sachem and RVC doing and beating up on travel teams .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Soccer is the most complimentary sport to lacrosse. Field event, involving a lot of running and moving towards the net with a ball. Wrestling is a great overall sport, but relevance to lacrosse is minimal, basketball is played on a much smaller wood floor, ice hockey is well..played on ice. So overall it's soccer.

Basketball is defiantly most similar. Kids that excel at Bball usually also do at Lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Basketball is defiantly most similar. Kids that excel at Bball usually also do at Lax.

I do like BB is one of the better sports to play to compliment Lacrosse. You really cant go wrong playing another sport as all offer some good things to take to lacrosse. Some may even feel like lacrosse offers some good things to take to the main sport they play!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you live in a town that has enough athletes capable of AND interested in playing tournament lax, then maybe. But realize there are many more towns, particularly in Nassau, that do not have the numbers to do that. And once you go the route of SYAG, you are no longer a town team - you are a travel team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see a lot of towns like west islip , 3 village, smith town, Sachem and RVC doing and beating up on travel teams .

What travel teams are these town teams beating up on?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What travel teams are these town teams beating up on?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How Is Shore 2 Shores 2023 lacrosse team in comparison to other top LI club teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How Is Shore 2 Shores 2023 lacrosse team in comparison to other top LI club teams?

Very good & competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S is a coaches pet team. The coaches have their son and their son's friends on the team. The invite other friends to come and "practice" with them It is a tryout without being called a tryout. From time to time they extend invites to the "friends" they feel are worthy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you live in a town that has enough athletes capable of AND interested in playing tournament lax, then maybe. But realize there are many more towns, particularly in Nassau, that do not have the numbers to do that. And once you go the route of SYAG, you are no longer a town team - you are a travel team.

Most Nassau PAL clubs are shrinking and registering in 2 year age groups (3rd/4th, 5th/6th etc) so finding a group to go travel on age is going to be tough. I think Farmingdale tries to do it. Even travel is shrinking pretty quickly. Just look at the younger ages of YJ's the biggest club. They are at 2 teams in the younger ages down from FIVE just a couple of years ago

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI boys 2025 tried it this year and didn't do so well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S is a coaches pet team. The coaches have their son and their son's friends on the team. The invite other friends to come and "practice" with them It is a tryout without being called a tryout. From time to time they extend invites to the "friends" they feel are worthy

But they are still a very good team, a top team, can play with anyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team has taken a step back this year. Losing to SYAG was sign of the decline.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most Nassau PAL clubs are shrinking and registering in 2 year age groups (3rd/4th, 5th/6th etc) so finding a group to go travel on age is going to be tough. I think Farmingdale tries to do it. Even travel is shrinking pretty quickly. Just look at the younger ages of YJ's the biggest club. They are at 2 teams in the younger ages down from FIVE just a couple of years ago

I don't think travel is shrinking - I think there are more clubs so the numbers are just spread amongst more organizations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think travel is shrinking - I think there are more clubs so the numbers are just spread amongst more organizations.

On LI it has to be down almost 30% vs 3 years ago

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On LI it has to be down almost 30% vs 3 years ago

Maybe people realize that its not automatic for little Timmy to get a scholarship just becuase he played travel lacrosse. And that its a killer to travel to MD and other places. Family killer. Time killer. Wallet killer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are fewer kids period. All sports are down about 30% now. That is why Suffolk PAL football got rid of the weight limit. My town only has 1 team per age group in Lax, and that isn't enough kids to compete competitively. Plus when your best 2 or 3 kids make an A team, you are left with B & C players, so who wants to enter a team like that into a tournament?

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard