BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,603
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Girls Tryout Discussion
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Comment on the following: Should a team that holds tryouts that do not have enough players to even form a team even if 100 percent accepted? There's no chance of a team, and therefore the player is trying out for nothing. Yet another reason these organizations need more scrutiny from a business ethics point of view!?!

Thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Comment on the following: Should a team that holds tryouts that do not have enough players to even form a team even if 100 percent accepted? There's no chance of a team, and therefore the player is trying out for nothing. Yet another reason these organizations need more scrutiny from a business ethics point of view!?!

Thoughts?

[/quote

That's a new one, what club? Did they at least refund the tryout fee?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
will be interesting as TE has , I think, the last tryouts of season. So any kid from TE who has tried out for other programs , will have prob already committed to another program.
They may/may not have lost players at this point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Comment on the following: Should a team that holds tryouts that do not have enough players to even form a team even if 100 percent accepted? There's no chance of a team, and therefore the player is trying out for nothing. Yet another reason these organizations need more scrutiny from a business ethics point of view!?!

Thoughts?

Where is the question here? Think you left something out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
will be interesting as TE has , I think, the last tryouts of season. So any kid from TE who has tried out for other programs , will have prob already committed to another program.

Nope, YJ is the cleanup batter. They scoop up all the kids that haven't committed to a club. Actually brilliant as it also locks in most of kids that end up getting demoted as well.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where did the four new Liberty blk girls come from? Someone said TE but heard that's not the case.

The same place all of the other girls on the team come from G.C., Manhasett, RVC, Syosset lol

2021 picked up some new players and dont think they are from any of the above towns. Liberty seems to be expanding beyond and attracting quality players to the program.

It's all great until you realize that if you're not from Set you don't really matter - most find that out by the end of year one

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we will see about that!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where did the four new Liberty blk girls come from? Someone said TE but heard that's not the case.

The same place all of the other girls on the team come from G.C., Manhasett, RVC, Syosset lol

2021 picked up some new players and dont think they are from any of the above towns. Liberty seems to be expanding beyond and attracting quality players to the program.

It's all great until you realize that if you're not from Set you don't really matter - most find that out by the end of year one

I thought that's why they have a B team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

do you say that because of personal experience?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Elevate told 2 of my daughters friends who currently play on a B team at another club that if they come to tryouts this weekend they will be placed on the A team. I am not all that familiar with Elevate but does this even sound remotely true? The Elevate Director doesn't really know the girls. Input please?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

do you say that because of personal experience?

I have a lot of friends who play on liberty and don't live remotely near Manhasset - that was how it was years ago - things have dramatically changed over there for the better

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

agree - there are kids from many towns on liberty as was witnessed at tryouts this year. my daughter's A team has kids who reside from all over the island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Elevate told 2 of my daughters friends who currently play on a B team at another club that if they come to tryouts this weekend they will be placed on the A team. I am not all that familiar with Elevate but does this even sound remotely true? The Elevate Director doesn't really know the girls. Input please?

They could be in need to fill out rosters especially if someone knows these girls and spoke to TE director. Nobody is leaving YJA, TGA or Liberty A to go to elevate so their only option is to try and grab some disgruntled B team girls and offer them a spot on the top team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, Elevate has been making the promise to a lot of girls to lure them into coming to tryouts. Before you leave your current team and say no to them, wait and see where you end up. You will be placed on the Elevate B team and then it will come with a lonngggg motivational story from DK. Its all part of the sales process. If YJ was coming after your daughter and made a deal for your daughter to be on the A team, that would be a very different story but that is not the case. Keep your eyes wide open!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You think Elevate is struggling to fill spots on their A team? I guess it's possible.

They could be in need to fill out rosters especially if someone knows these girls and spoke to TE director. Nobody is leaving YJA, TGA or Liberty A to go to elevate so their only option is to try and grab some disgruntled B team girls and offer them a spot on the top team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You think Elevate is struggling to fill spots on their A team? I guess it's possible.

Nobody said struggling to fill rosters but guaranteed they will lose some girls on A teams like every past year. I'm sure they are also looking to upgrade a few spots. Knowing what I know, I have no doubt they are reaching out to other players to get as many to tryouts as possible especially at $95 clip

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

The Elevate told 2 of my daughters friends who currently play on a B team at another club that if they come to tryouts this weekend they will be placed on the A team. I am not all that familiar with Elevate but does this even sound remotely true? The Elevate Director doesn't really know the girls. Input please? [/quoted te]

They could be in need to fill out rosters especially if someone knows these girls and spoke to TE director. Nobody is leaving YJA, TGA or Liberty A to go to elevate so their only option is to try and grab some disgruntled B team girls and offer them a spot on the top team. [/quote] [/quote]

Nobody said struggling to fill rosters but guaranteed they will lose some girls on A teams like every past year. I'm sure they are also looking to upgrade a few spots. Knowing what I know, I have no doubt they are reaching out to other players to get as many to tryouts as possible especially at $95 clip [/quote]

What is it that you think you "know"?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

The Elevate told 2 of my daughters friends who currently play on a B team at another club that if they come to tryouts this weekend they will be placed on the A team. I am not all that familiar with Elevate but does this even sound remotely true? The Elevate Director doesn't really know the girls. Input please? [/quoted te]

[/quote]

Nobody said struggling to fill rosters but guaranteed they will lose some girls on A teams like every past year. I'm sure they are also looking to upgrade a few spots. Knowing what I know, I have no doubt they are reaching out to other players to get as many to tryouts as possible especially at $95 clip [/quote]

What is it that you think you "know"? [/quote]

oh, I dunno..maybe that Dave is a crook???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

oh, I dunno..maybe that Dave is a crook??? [/quote]

Would they discount the $95 if you pay cash the day of?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

[/quote]

You guys are so cute in your TE bucket hats!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was thinking of having my daughter try out for YJ, But I was checking out the fall tournament rosters and noticed that they already have names of new girls that were not on the team prior and tryouts have not been held.. At this point is it safe to say skip the tryout? If the tournament rosters have new girls, I'm assuming these girls have already been offered a spot. So what's the point of bringing my kid?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was thinking of having my daughter try out for YJ, But I was checking out the fall tournament rosters and noticed that they already have names of new girls that were not on the team prior and tryouts have not been held.. At this point is it safe to say skip the tryout? If the tournament rosters have new girls, I'm assuming these girls have already been offered a spot. So what's the point of bringing my kid?

How do you know who is new?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because if she is good, she will be offered a spot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct. Under table deals

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good point. If you weren't on the team last year and you are "thinking" about taking her to tryouts, how do you know there are Nice try.............

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good point. If you weren't on the team last year and you are "thinking" about taking her to tryouts, how do you know there are Nice try.............

Nobody even mentioned the age group unless this is happening across the board?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you are busted ! Care to enlighten us as to why you really posted ? If you are truly interested the tryouts are legit, if you can play you will be given the chance to tryout with the top team. Every year someone shows up and it is very apparent they have the talent to compete on the top team. These players are spotted almost immediately and sent to play with the blue team .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Comment on the following: Should a team that holds tryouts that do not have enough players to even form a team even if 100 percent accepted? There's no chance of a team, and therefore the player is trying out for nothing. Yet another reason these organizations need more scrutiny from a business ethics point of view!?!

Thoughts?

[/quote

That's a new one, what club? Did they at least refund the tryout fee?

One of the other parents contacted me on the same thing... Charging for tryouts for a team that never is able to be formed.... there's something inherently wrong about that no?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you are busted ! Care to enlighten us as to why you really posted ? If you are truly interested the tryouts are legit, if you can play you will be given the chance to tryout with the top team. Every year someone shows up and it is very apparent they have the talent to compete on the top team. These players are spotted almost immediately and sent to play with the blue team .

To all you YJ lemmings on the 2021 top team CR just sent you a big message! The team didn't cut it this summer plain and simple. I'm sure more deals were cut and they will become pretty apparent at your tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To all you YJ lemmings on the 2021 top team CR just sent you a big message! The team didn't cut it this summer plain and simple. I'm sure more deals were cut and they will become pretty apparent at your tryouts.

It's no secret that this team is always looking for talented young ladies. Can't speak for everyone but that's why our daughter came to YJ she wanted to compete with as many of the top players as possible. She loves it best move we could have made.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's no secret that this team is always looking for talented young ladies. Can't speak for everyone but that's why our daughter came to YJ she wanted to compete with as many of the top players as possible. She loves it best move we could have made.

All great until you get pushed to the B team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All great until you get pushed to the B team [/quote]

And thank goodness it is that way. I want the best players to come and compete and win the spots over others. This is how these teams stay on top. Is is sad if it is my daughter that gets dropped, yes. But wouldn't want it any other way. Why do you think these YJ teams are ahead and shoulders above all the others on LI? If your sensitive over that philosophy, there are all the rest of the clubs on the island where you can feel safe and secure about a roster spot, provided you are from the right town and kiss the right butts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And thank goodness it is that way. I want the best players to come and compete and win the spots over others. This is how these teams stay on top. Is is sad if it is my daughter that gets dropped, yes. But wouldn't want it any other way. Why do you think these YJ teams are ahead and shoulders above all the others on LI? If your sensitive over that philosophy, there are all the rest of the clubs on the island where you can feel safe and secure about a roster spot, provided you are from the right town and kiss the right butts. [/quote]

You must be new, your last sentence shows how clueless you are about this club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And thank goodness it is that way. I want the best players to come and compete and win the spots over others. This is how these teams stay on top. Is is sad if it is my daughter that gets dropped, yes. But wouldn't want it any other way. Why do you think these YJ teams are ahead and shoulders above all the others on LI? If your sensitive over that philosophy, there are all the rest of the clubs on the island where you can feel safe and secure about a roster spot, provided you are from the right town and kiss the right butts.

You must be new, your last sentence shows how clueless you are about this club. [/quote]

YJ is not "head and shoulders" above all other LI teams. The YJ a teams have been beaten by other LI teams in some age groups

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ is not "head and shoulders" above all other LI teams. The YJ a teams have been beaten by other LI teams in some age groups [/quote]

Perhaps at the younger age groups but rarely once in middle school and above.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Genius..the rosters for the season that just ended are on the website along with the fall tournament rosters..you really must learn how to use the internet. And I was asking about the 2020 age group specifically.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be new, your last sentence shows how clueless you are about this club. [/quote]

New to this? That's funny. Between my kids I have 17 years of travel lacrosse. I know exactly what I am talking about. Hind sight is 20/20, good luck with your road ahead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ is not "head and shoulders" above all other LI teams. The YJ a teams have been beaten by other LI teams in some age groups

Perhaps at the younger age groups but rarely once in middle school and above. [/quote]

2021 and 2022 were absolutely not heads and shoulders above the other LI top teams.
Only delirious YJ parents think that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

New to this? That's funny. Between my kids I have 17 years of travel lacrosse. I know exactly what I am talking about. Hind sight is 20/20, good luck with your road ahead. [/quote]

Thank you for setting the record straight! In my wildest dreams I had no idea that every top spot on YJ was earned by ability alone. Its actually refreshing to hear in this day and age of politics, connected kids, behind the scene deals, friends and family and being from the right town has no place in the YJ organization. One more thing, when your journey ends could I get those rose colored glasses you must be wearing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Genius..the rosters for the season that just ended are on the website along with the fall tournament rosters..you really must learn how to use the internet. And I was asking about the 2020 age group specifically.

You sat and compared rosters? Say no more!

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard