BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,175
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Girls Tryout Discussion
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Back to tryouts what about fl$ and elevate and I CON ? Just LOLING for a drama free year with coaches that actually show up for tournaments-

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think all tryouts should have an area where the parents have to tryout as well. If your kid is good but you are d!€{...sorry you didn't make the cut.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My apologies for changing the direction of the thread. I had two questions. One how many organizations did your daughter(s) try out for prior to start of the lax season and why ? Second question to all the parents is "How long did your daughter(s) play for their town PAL team and why did they continue or not continue ? Thanks in advance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
there are tons of girls who play for one of the bottom 25 D1 programs and those teams are really weak but club connections can get you a spot and at the end of the day you will be forever able to say "I played D1 lacrosse with scholarship"

After the top 5-10 schools its all the same

The first part of your post is correct. Bottom 25 D1 teams r on par w many D3 teams and would lose to the top D3 teams.

Second part of post is not correct.

you are right about d2 and d3, many would eat up the bottom of D1. Deleware State? LIU Brooklyn? has been in the bottom 5 for over a decade. But they are both D1 and kids get money to play there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]My apologies for changing the direction of the thread. I had two questions. One how many organizations did your daughter(s) try out for prior to start of the lax season and why ? Second question to all the parents is "How long did your daughter(s) play for their town PAL team and why did they continue or not continue ? Thanks in advance. [/quot

My daughter tried out for one club she made the A team. I had her try out for the club because it held practices ten minutes from my house. My daughter has played for our towns PAL team from first grade through 8th grade. She played PAL because she enjoys playing with her friends and her town preaches town comes first.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are tons of girls who play for one of the bottom 25 D1 programs and those teams are really weak but club connections can get you a spot and at the end of the day you will be forever able to say "I played D1 lacrosse with scholarship"

After the top 5-10 schools its all the same

You are correct. Take Niagara as an example. My daughter and her friends are at best mid level players, play for a "not popular" club. All were recruited by Niagara, and offered a few thousand dollars. Not only is it 8+ hours away (1way) but it's rural and academics are not great. Closer option was Hartford and New Haven, both offered more $$ and we will be able to see every game. You don't need to be the best on your team, you don't need to be committed by 10th grade and you don't need to jump at the first college that contacts you. You DO need to be realistic- do you want to home for a nice meal once or twice a month? Will holidays be an issue? Are rosters big? And more importantly if you took lax out of the picture would you still stay at the school? Take me he Division out of the equation and go see 5 schools before you decide. Just my 2 cents, have a nice day

Awesome post. Thank you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter also only tried out for one. Playedcpal kindergarten to end of 5th. Going into 10th. Love the memories and special times.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
tryout report for an unmentionable team with a numbered name. lots of 2018 and 2019 girls there. not many 2020. surprised to say pretty decent ent talent there.... surprised since they get so maligned here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter plays for one of the Title 9 teams and we are happy. Tryouts are 9/11 and 9/18. The problem was they practiced in Cutchogue so it is a hike for most and it probably kept the tryout numbers down. To remedy this, they are moving practices to Calverton, still out east, but not as far and easy to get to. Like most clubs, certain years are better than others but we like the club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
tryout report for an unmentionable team with a numbered name. lots of 2018 and 2019 girls there. not many 2020. surprised to say pretty decent ent talent there.... surprised since they get so maligned here.

I was referring to team blindy bun

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 should just team up with Beach B's and they could probably make some good A and B teams between them. They seem like a good fit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 should just team up with Beach B's and they could probably make some good A and B teams between them. They seem like a good fit.

It has been years since I have seen a team from either program actually able to compete.
Plus they are both owned by the same organization so as long as they can still fill rosters and line their pockets ombinimg would not be in their best interest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It may be necessary soon with all the new teams showing up every year...month? Not so easy to keep pure age rosters going forward.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the Suffolk All Star team about? Have never seen them at any tournament. Are they any good? Seems a little too much like Team LI on the boys side.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid is a goalie, do you want them to play on the best team or a weak team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid is a goalie, do you want them to play on the best team or a weak team?

you are kidding right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter also. I would love some feed back on these teams. I really want her in a solid program where the coaches are concerned with the development of the player. Some constructive advice would be greatly appreciated. We are in Nassau.

Liberty and Legacy here. Heard good things from players in both programs regarding coaching and playing year round at our daughters year (2021), and would like to be part of a competitive team (that's not called YJ).

I did my research and we are going to tryout for Liberty this year. I too have heard great things about the program. I saw they were running a lot of clinics at the HUB in syosset last winter which is what I want most for my daughter, more opportunities to play in the off season. Their director is also a former D1 girls coach from a top program. Spoke to several parents at tournaments this summer and they were all very happy (something I could not say for some of the other clubs I researched over this summer). They said the program is very well run and organized.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter also. I would love some feed back on these teams. I really want her in a solid program where the coaches are concerned with the development of the player. Some constructive advice would be greatly appreciated. We are in Nassau.

Liberty and Legacy here. Heard good things from players in both programs regarding coaching and playing year round at our daughters year (2021), and would like to be part of a competitive team (that's not called YJ).

I did my research and we are going to tryout for Liberty this year. I too have heard great things about the program. I saw they were running a lot of clinics at the HUB in syosset last winter which is what I want most for my daughter, more opportunities to play in the off season. Their director is also a former D1 girls coach from a top program. Spoke to several parents at tournaments this summer and they were all very happy (something I could not say for some of the other clubs I researched over this summer). They said the program is very well run and organized.

Just some info...if you are not from set or gc don't expect to make top team. Last year they couldn't even fill the b team until December as most b team girls left.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just some info...if you are not from set or gc don't expect to make top team. Last year they couldn't even fill the b team until December as most b team girls left.

AT least hearsay-wise I'd back that up.... Lots of peeps have uttered that about them.... there are a few that are not from those towns but I think this is generally quite true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

this is not true. My daughter plays for Liberty and although there were a handful of girls from both Manhasset & GC on the team, every year there have been girls from several other communities. Don't believe the BS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which age group?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's not true. My daughter played on the B team and had a great summer. She had 17 kids on the team and every kid came to every tourney. They played year round at the HUB and played in a winter league as well. Had a great experience at liberty with very good coaching. That sounds like a jealous club director posting that hmmmm.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the Suffolk Allstars?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Part of Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse, think you have to play SCGL to be eligible. Usually parent coaches - inexpensive but doesn't seem to attract big talent. Two of the older teams (2016 and 2017) left as a group and went to 90+1 a few years ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's not true. My daughter played on the B team and had a great summer. She had 17 kids on the team and every kid came to every tourney. They played year round at the HUB and played in a winter league as well. Had a great experience at liberty with very good coaching. That sounds like a jealous club director posting that hmmmm.....

Are you denying that the team didn't have enough players until December. Most girls who made the B team left leaving them too short to field a team. They recruited unhappy girls from Elevate after their ttyouts. The A team is all set and GC. The b team is everyone else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Part of Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse, think you have to play SCGL to be eligible. Usually parent coaches - inexpensive but doesn't seem to attract big talent. Two of the older teams (2016 and 2017) left as a group and went to 90+1 a few years ago.

if the best girls left for that team it doesn't say much! Thank you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if the best girls left for that team it doesn't say much! Thank you!

Not the best girls - the whole teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Allstars were one of the original travel programs in Suffolk. Solid group of guys that run it. Run it as a non-profit. Solid track record of placing girls in collegiate programs. Recommend you reach out to them to ask them the questions directly rather than take advice on this forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Allstars were one of the original travel programs in Suffolk. Solid group of guys that run it. Run it as a non-profit. Solid track record of placing girls in collegiate programs. Recommend you reach out to them to ask them the questions directly rather than take advice on this forum.

Well, you can't reach out to them because there is no phone contact number and they didn't return my email. Guess that's a bad sign! Sounds a lot like Team Long Island which my son left for the same reasons!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When did you send your email? I'm with the program and any requests that have come in so far have been addressed. Please make sure you are using this email address: suffolkallstars@gmail.com. Multiple directors and coaches monitor that inbox.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Need honest assessment of YJ 22s. Three teams listed. How big is drop from A to B to C? Is there an honest shot of making A or B at tryouts at this stage?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Need honest assessment of YJ 22s. Three teams listed. How big is drop from A to B to C? Is there an honest shot of making A or B at tryouts at this stage?

A team is filled with a bunch of girls that are the coaches daughter's school mates. A few don't belong. The daddy coach is one of the most hated in the YJ organization, by their own parents. You can here parents complain about him whenever he's around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do not listen to this unhappy parent. Their daughter is probably not progressing as much as the other girls and he or she is jealous . With that being said there are girls from all over the island on all of the teams. There is a drop off from A to B to C but if the tryouts are done right that is what it should be. CR wants to win period. She wants the best girls on the best team. If you think she lets anyone change her mind you are crazy and obviously do not know her!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do not listen to this unhappy parent. Their daughter is probably not progressing as much as the other girls and he or she is jealous . With that being said there are girls from all over the island on all of the teams. There is a drop off from A to B to C but if the tryouts are done right that is what it should be. CR wants to win period. She wants the best girls on the best team. If you think she lets anyone change her mind you are crazy and obviously do not know her!!

You my friend must be smoking something if you don't think she places connected kids on top teams! Would love to say the top girls get the top spots but unfortunately that is not always the case.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are actually spot on with that assessment!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In all honesty, your daughter will need to be exceptional to break into the A team as a newcomer to YJ at this age. Very good to break into B. Most likely, she'll make the C team and then have to prove herself and be noticed to move up from there next season. Just my honest, no BS opinion. That's what my daughter had to do as a rising 6th grader a couple of years back and now she's on the 2021 B team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's perfect. Fully what I expected when posing the question. Was just concerned that the C is not competitive, might be a throw away year and is it worth it if there are too many politics to honestly get a shot to move up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should consider LI Waive ( spelled wrong intentionally -fore some reason when spelled correctly it comes up ****). New owners just announced and will be aggressive yet stick with the one team per grade philosophy to ensure attention is given to every player. Better to be the standout on a small team than to get looked over on clubs with multiple teams looking for money. Remember- college coaches don't care what team you played on. Go with a dedicated small club and get some private lessons here and there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's perfect. Fully what I expected when posing the question. Was just concerned that the C is not competitive, might be a throw away year and is it worth it if there are too many politics to honestly get a shot to move up.

The top half of the B team is solid, although there is the potential for movement off the team, as some may elect to try and make another clubs A team. The bottom of B and the C team are close.. don't be surprised if a slot on B is offered.
there were issue this past season on B as the head coach was alone most of the practices and early Tourn's.. this should be rectified this year but who knows??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top half of the B team is solid, although there is the potential for movement off the team, as some may elect to try and make another clubs A team. The bottom of B and the C team are close.. don't be surprised if a slot on B is offered.
there were issue this past season on B as the head coach was alone most of the practices and early Tourn's.. this should be rectified this year but who knows??

This is not terrible advice, although I will counter, if she can make the top clubs top team, that's where she should play

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard