BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 47 of 47 1 2 45 46 47
Re: Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
how is the Brine games going for LI. they have a 1pm must win or else they are out of the brackets

They went 2-2 and are out of bracket play. Virginia and Connecticut went 4-0 in pool play. Virginia plays Pennsylvania, Connecticut plays Illinois in the first round tomorrow.

sounds like both of the 2019 teams from last year fared better than this one team? the brine tryout evaluators screwed this up so bad.

how can you pin this on the evaluators.

Last year's 2019 LI team was an extremely talented and special team. Don't try and compare year to year, cant be done. Heck the Pride game last year had some good lacrosse. This year, many players realized last year you cant, nor should do everything. So please don't pin this on Evaluators or process. Sure some might have missed the cut that could have helped but don't go and compare the teams.

You want to do this rising Freshman and Rising Sr. and LI did what they had to in those years. Isnt the Sophomore year just a year or so old anyway. Hope all that went had fun playing extra lacrosse in a great venue (although hot).

Last year there were 2 LI teams in Brine (Yellow and Green).
Yellow was the first team, was LOADED, and significantly better. They won the whole thing. Comprised mostly of players from one hundred minus nine and a several exp & legacy horses. The Defense was so good they could have won without a goalie.

The Green Team was good, just not that good. They won a few but lost some too. If they balanced those 2 teams, they would have met in the championship for sure

With that deep a pool, they could have put together a better competitive team this year.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is true the 2019 yellow team was a special team but many didn't tryout this year because there is no recruitment value at the Brine. It was far more important to go to events with recruitment value this summer. My son was a part of that yellow team and will always have great memories of playing with such a talented and respectful group of young men. Congrats to all the young men that are committing to the next level ALL over the country. I look forward to watching some of you play Memorial Day Weekend. Yes......I love this game.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
That is true the 2019 yellow team was a special team but many didn't tryout this year because there is no recruitment value at the Brine. It was far more important to go to events with recruitment value this summer. My son was a part of that yellow team and will always have great memories of playing with such a talented and respectful group of young men. Congrats to all the young men that are committing to the next level ALL over the country. I look forward to watching some of you play Memorial Day Weekend. Yes......I love this game.

Here is my 2 cents. It seems that the rising freshmen year is the year that most want to win and where you see most coaches watching. Long Island always sends a very talented team. There then seems to be a drop off the next year rising sophomore year. Is it because the team just won it? Is it because they are disenchanted because they didnt get recruited? I dont know. It does seem the rising junior and senior HSB teams have done well in the past. Winning it this year and 2 years ago. One thing I am sure of other regions take brine very seriously and send the best teams they can. Pennsylvania, New England, Ohio, Maryland, etc. all want to do well and get recruited. because Long Island doesnt win it doesnt mean its a bad event. I can honestly say there were not as many coaches this year as there have been in the past. I think this has to do with there being so many events. Yet there were always a handful at every game. It was a well run event where weather only effected Tuesday night.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was a special team..lol...a team where at least 18 kids were hand picked before hand..give me a break..if you took 6 of those kids and put them on the other team they would have won it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was a special team..lol...a team where at least 18 kids were hand picked before hand..give me a break..if you took 6 of those kids and put them on the other team they would have won it.

yeah, probably, especially if the 6 were any of the 10 committed kids from the team, but lets not go on the level of not comparing the teams.

The statement was more about many kids skipped the Tryout. I believe it was because there are so many more options at the rising Soph level, options that offer better recruiting opportunities. Many realized doing "to much" is counter productive. Especially if each event leaked into the next.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see Team 91 LI took the ship at the Inside Lacrosse Invitational held this week in Maryland. Which team was it ??
Sounded like the last game was one to watch..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it was a 2019/2020 bracket and had a total of only 8 teams in the whole bracket. the first session had only 4 teams, second session had 14 in the bracket and 3rd session had 8. they should of tried to combine to make a really strong tourney over 3 days

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I see Team 91 LI took the ship at the Inside Lacrosse Invitational held this week in Maryland. Which team was it ??
Sounded like the last game was one to watch.. [/quot

Team 91 white won the tournament this past week. Championship game was a nice comeback after trailing 5-0. They showed heart and toughness and was a good way to end the season

Page 47 of 47 1 2 45 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard