BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,725
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 89 of 90 1 2 87 88 89 90
Re: Boys 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
As the season winds down its fair to say we have all watched a ton of highly competive lacrosse (bloated holdback teams and all) I would also venture to guess that if you are reading this thread that there are few things you enjoy more then watching your boy compete. We have things in common.. Considering this (bias and holdback tally aside) how would you rank the top 10 club programs??

1) team 91
2)looney's
3) LIE
4)FCA
5)Crabs
6) Edge Canada
7) Sweetlax Upstate
8) Hawks
9) NH Tomahawks
10) 91 MD
3)

I thought the ranking of teams nonsense would be done by the time this age was going into 9th grade. Leave that to the 4th and 5th grade dads please.

1.Crush
2.Looneys
3.Crabs
4.FCA
5.WCS
6.Laxachusettes
7.LIE
8.Tomohawks
9. 91 MD
10.Hawks

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about laxachusetts top 3 finished in multiple tournaments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about laxachusetts top 3 finished in multiple tournaments

Exrpress beat Laxachusetts by a large margin at the NLF tournament a few weeks ago. Laxachusetts was a much bigger/physical team. Express moved the ball much better and won most of the face-offs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As the season winds down its fair to say we have all watched a ton of highly competive lacrosse (bloated holdback teams and all) I would also venture to guess that if you are reading this thread that there are few things you enjoy more then watching your boy compete. We have things in common.. Considering this (bias and holdback tally aside) how would you rank the top 10 club programs??

1) team 91
2)looney's
3) LIE
4)FCA
5)Crabs
6) Edge Canada
7) Sweetlax Upstate
8) Hawks
9) NH Tomahawks
10) 91 MD
3)

I thought the ranking of teams nonsense would be done by the time this age was going into 9th grade. Leave that to the 4th and 5th grade dads please.

1.Crush
2.Looneys
3.Crabs
4.FCA
5.WCS
6.Laxachusettes
7.LIE
8.Tomohawks
9. 91 MD
10.Hawks

That's a useless list as Edge beat Tomahawks and laxachusettes, WCS may not belong at all. Leg and Sweetlax belong, they both beat teams on there. Sons as well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) team 91
2)looney's
3) LIE
4)FCA
5)Crabs
6) Edge Canada
7) Sweetlax Upstate
8) Hawks
9) NH Tomahawks
10) 91 MD
3)

1.Crush
2.Looneys
3.Crabs
4.FCA
5.WCS
6.Laxachusettes
7.LIE
8.Tomohawks
9. 91 MD
10.Hawks

That's a useless list as Edge beat Tomahawks and laxachusettes, WCS may not belong at all. Leg and Sweetlax belong, they both beat teams on there. Sons as well

More like this
1.Crush
2.Looneys
3.Crabs
4.FCA
5.LIE
6.WCS
7.Edge
8.Laxachusettes
9.91 MD
10.Hawks

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]As the season winds down its fair to say we have all watched a ton of highly competive lacrosse (bloated holdback teams and all) I would also venture to guess that if you are reading this thread that there are few things you enjoy more then watching your boy compete. We have things in common.. Considering this (bias and holdback tally aside) how would you rank the top 10 club programs??

1) team 91
2)looney's
3) LIE
4)FCA
5)Crabs
6) Edge Canada
7) Sweetlax Upstate
8) Hawks
9) NH Tomahawks
10) 91 MD
3)

1.Crush
2.Looneys
3.Crabs
4.FCA
5.WCS
6.Laxachusettes
7.LIE
8.Tomohawks
9. 91 MD
10.Hawks

That's a useless list as Edge beat Tomahawks and laxachusettes, WCS may not belong at all. Leg and Sweetlax belong, they both beat teams on there. what team is Leg not LIE Leg?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]As the season winds down its fair to say we have all watched a ton of highly competive lacrosse (bloated holdback teams and all) I would also venture to guess that if you are reading this thread that there are few things you enjoy more then watching your boy compete. We have things in common.. Considering this (bias and holdback tally aside) how would you rank the top 10 club programs??

1) team 91
2)looney's
3) LIE
4)FCA
5)Crabs
6) Edge Canada
7) Sweetlax Upstate
8) Hawks
9) NH Tomahawks
10) 91 MD
3)

1.Crush
2.Looneys
3.Crabs
4.FCA
5.WCS
6.Laxachusettes
7.LIE
8.Tomohawks
9. 91 MD
10.Hawks

That's a useless list as Edge beat Tomahawks and laxachusettes, WCS may not belong at all. Leg and Sweetlax belong, they both beat teams on there. what team is Leg not LIE Leg?
who is LEG?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LEgacy, not LIE Leghardt "leggy"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another crush off the board. Get em while they last

And another off the board

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LIE Leg not in anyones top 25

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

who now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Another crush off the board. Get em while they last

who now? [/quote
Where do you read this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LIE Leg not in anyones top 25

That was a reference to Taz not the Express B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After the Crush, Loonies, Express, and Crabs which have generally separated themselves from the pack, there are a bunch of teams which could beat each other on any given day. Among them in no particular order are...
Edge, Annapolis Hawks, NH Tomahawks, Leading Edge, Next Level, Laxachusettes, Legacy, 91 Maryland, Rising Sons, Sweetlax NY, and West Coast Stars.

Express has not separated themselves from anyone, just another good team in the mix. Beatable by any in top 10. Sorry dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

who now? [/quote
Where do you read this?

D pole to navy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All these 2020 kids committing is so hysterical. Good for them, I hope it works out how they think it will. It is just so, so far away and I feel like the college coaches are in somewhat of a feeding frenzy right now and they are just committing the first kid that says yes. Also, kids (and parents) are just jumping at the first offer. Seriously, what is the rush?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

who now? [/quote
Where do you read this?

D pole to navy

great kid great player that is awesome

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
serious question if any one know. my nephew just graduated and accepted to Naval Acadamy, non lacrosse player. Do the early commits have to complete the physical assesment now or before they go? BTW - not an easy accomplishment and I congratulate and am in awe of any kid who goes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All these 2020 kids committing is so hysterical. Good for them, I hope it works out how they think it will. It is just so, so far away and I feel like the college coaches are in somewhat of a feeding frenzy right now and they are just committing the first kid that says yes. Also, kids (and parents) are just jumping at the first offer. Seriously, what is the rush?
Bird in the hand..... Think of it this way - UNC has already 7 commits. How many do you think they take? 12? 15? More? Less? Say you wait until this time next year, there probably won't be any spots left. Not sure there will be any after the Fall

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bird in the hand..... Think of it this way - UNC has already 7 commits. How many do you think they take? 12? 15? More? Less? Say you wait until this time next year, there probably won't be any spots left. Not sure there will be any after the Fall

They don't mind because they're getting the top kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is one school, and you are kidding yourself if you think that they won't have their eyes on kids all the way to their senior year, if they find a kid that they love, they will make room for him or her. Trust me on this

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are not commuting the first kid that says yes and parents of the early kids are not jumping at the first offer because the vast majority of these 2020 early commits have/had multiple offers to choose from. I think people (parents) sometimes make things up or make silly statements to make themselves feel better, and try and justify why their kid hasn't been recruited or offered.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The schools most of these 2020's are committing to are great schools with a ton of majors, you really can't go wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, if my kid wants to go to any of the schools his academics will get him through admissions. He will simply walk on to any of these schools he chooses to go to because of his brain.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are not commuting the first kid that says yes and parents of the early kids are not jumping at the first offer because the vast majority of these 2020 early commits have/had multiple offers to choose from. I think people (parents) sometimes make things up or make silly statements to make themselves feel better, and try and justify why their kid hasn't been recruited or offered.

I am sure some of the early recruits have done their homework and made informed (and good) decisions for them (well, as good of a decision as one can make as a 14 year old). But I guarentee, others are jumping at the first offer they get. I believe there are a few reasons: 1. They are terrified if they don't jump, "all the spots" will be gone. 2. They (or their parents) want to say they are committed early. Again, I hope it works out for them and it end up being everything they want it to be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love when parents come on here that have no idea of anything and start spouting their mouths off about early recruiting. Most of the 2019 and 2020 kids are coming from good HS programs. I'm sure they have sat down with their coaches and parents and have thought things out. And if these kids are getting offers now they would have many offers later. These kids are best players in the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love when parents come on here that have no idea of anything and start spouting their mouths off about early recruiting. Most of the 2019 and 2020 kids are coming from good HS programs. I'm sure they have sat down with their coaches and parents and have thought things out. And if these kids are getting offers now they would have many offers later. These kids are best players in the country.

Best players in the country?? They are in 8th grade. About half of these "best" will continue to be, the other half will be surpassed by others not on radar as of now. This is not new, been the way since I was in HS 25 years ago. So for all those up on that pedestal, just remember, there are 10 kids working hard to take you down. It's survival of the fittest and it's not easy to remain on top!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UNC will take 10 or 11 kids in each of the years 19 and 20 . At this point in time for 2019 AND 2020 there are only approximately 6 or 7 places left. UNC just comitted amother 20 defenseman from the Crabs 3 spots left in 20 and not even the end of summer like it or not it's just the way it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their not just committing kids to commit kids. These coaches livelihoods depend on them winning. They've been watching these kids numerous times before they get serious. I know a bunch of kids that have taken visits but have no offers. I also know kids that took big state schools over very interested IVY's. And yes the Ivy is recruiting already.

UNC will take 10 or 11 kids in each of the years 19 and 20 . At this point in time for 2019 AND 2020 there are only approximately 6 or 7 places left. UNC just comitted amother 20 defenseman from the Crabs 3 spots left in 20 and not even the end of summer like it or not it's just the way it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah top kids you say right now. Let's see when kids catch up physically mature wise. Different story. Seen it time and time again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the kids being taken are reclassed - so technically not 2020s. Let the UNCs, Hopkins and Penn States of the world fill their rosters. UNC has close to 60 kids on their roster. Do the math - 12 full scholarships per team. Committing is meaningless - because if a better player comes along next year don't kid yourself - the coach will try to get him and if your kid is a casualty - well that's life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their not just committing kids to commit kids. These coaches livelihoods depend on them winning. They've been watching these kids numerous times before they get serious. I know a bunch of kids that have taken visits but have no offers. I also know kids that took big state schools over very interested IVY's. And yes the Ivy is recruiting already.

Ivies are interested in some 2020, but no visits are happening yet. They traditionally wait to see some grades. So no, they are not recruiting yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats what you think. I know someone who has been on a visit already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
24 2020's have verbaled. How many do you think are true 2020 age?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These kids have not taken a single high school course yet - they are verbally committed pending their grades making the cut and others not catching up physically. That is a lot of pressure on 14-16 year olds to stay the best for 4 years. What does a verbal really mean except we view you as the best right now ? It will be a fight for these kids to remain the best while others grow and work on their game - these kids are the holdbacks or the early hardest workers and are giving the rest something to work toward- maybe even working harder. Not a bad thing all around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course schools will continue to look for kids all the way through 12th grade but keep in mind that they are looking for less players since they have used up many of their slots and also a lot the players they are looking at are kids that already committed to another school but have changed their mind or looking to improve on the school of choice. i am not a fan of early recruiting but if a kid has a chance to lock up a spot a great school then good for him. If the best lax schools unilaterally backed away from the early recruiting it could reverse this trend but in reality that will never happen. The NCAA has to rule on it and lax is just not that important to them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of the commits with exception of Navy are going to either Big Ten or ACC schools. Prior to UNC winning the Championship this year (which they haven't won since 91) none of these schools has won the National Championship in at least a decade. Me thinks this early recruitment of Holdbacks ain't gonna solve their problems.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These kids have not taken a single high school course yet - they are verbally committed pending their grades making the cut and others not catching up physically. That is a lot of pressure on 14-16 year olds to stay the best for 4 years. What does a verbal really mean except we view you as the best right now ? It will be a fight for these kids to remain the best while others grow and work on their game - these kids are the holdbacks or the early hardest workers and are giving the rest something to work toward- maybe even working harder. Not a bad thing all around.

You kind of assume that the kids comitted early will not continue to mature and develop and continue to physicaly grow as they get older, the kids comitted now are not going to remain stagnant. So everyone else will continue to grow and "catch up" except the kids that are comitted early ? Sorry but by the time a kid is 14 GENEALLY SPEAKING the "catch up" theory doesn't hold water. Thats something that parents focus on and tell themselves when the kids are younger and pre pubecent.Yes a very few kids will pop up out of no where and will be successful, but it's far more the exception than the rule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I"m sure these kids will be working hard also. I tend to believe they've developed these hard work habits that will remain with them. Especially the kids that attend HS programs that will be very demanding of them. Not sure all of these early commits are done growing either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry, but most kids are not fully grown by age 14. It is closer to age 16 or 17. There is no denying the early commits and others being highly touted, generally speaking, are the bigger, more physically mature players. You are correct that some will get even bigger and faster through HS.....but others will not. We all know kids who were considered "huge" and practically had beards in 9th grade but were then done growing. You are totally correct that these committed kids wont stop working, but I do think some will plateau. What the percentages are for each outcome nobody knows since we are in unchartered territory with kids deciding on colleges before a single day of high school.

Page 89 of 90 1 2 87 88 89 90

Link Copied to Clipboard