BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 76 of 77 1 2 74 75 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Seems the High School Boys did a great job at the Brine event. Congratulations on winning the event. Way to represent Long Island boys. Now beat the Canadians in the Brogdan Cup.

How come nobody has complained about the Brine National try-out process? Was it run in a fair manner?

Nobody cares about Brine anymore it has become irrelevant because of more competitive showcases.

College coaches have never cared about the Brine event, its more of a fun event for the kids.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems the High School Boys did a great job at the Brine event. Congratulations on winning the event. Way to represent Long Island boys. Now beat the Canadians in the Brogdan Cup.

How come nobody has complained about the Brine National try-out process? Was it run in a fair manner?

Nobody cares about Brine anymore it has become irrelevant because of more competitive showcases.

College coaches have never cared about the Brine event, its more of a fun event for the kids.

Fun if you have lots of extra cash lying around!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because like someone said the connected players didn't come to tryout. The numbers were the lowest in a long time. As a result players made team on tryout performance not reputation and or coaches favoritism. It was a great mix of players that played together as a team not as individuals. It's been 3 years since a Long Island High School team has won it. Great job!!!

As for those who keep saying no one cares, then why are you on here posting that. Are you gaining anything or are you just jealous because your kids team didn't make it or win it. I feel bad for you trying to knock others accomplishments because of your inferiority complex. Loser!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody cares about Brine anymore it has become irrelevant because of more competitive showcases. .

It's interesting you say that. I think the all high and mighty Long Island lacrosse snobs are disenchanted with it. It's good enough when they are in 8th grade and they brag about it and it's the greatest thing in the world. There were coaches at the event not that many but there were a fair amount. I do think this had been the norm at all Showcase events across the board. If your kid makes the all star game or finals you see more coaches. As a whole album these events have had a drop off in coaches attending. Yet for the boys it was a great event and a memory they will share it as a team for a long timemail.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because like someone said the connected players didn't come to tryout. The numbers were the lowest in a long time. As a result players made team on tryout performance not reputation and or coaches favoritism. It was a great mix of players that played together as a team not as individuals. It's been 3 years since a Long Island High School team has won it. Great job!!!

As for those who keep saying no one cares, then why are you on here posting that. Are you gaining anything or are you just jealous because your kids team didn't make it or win it. I feel bad for you trying to knock others accomplishments because of your inferiority complex. Loser!!!!

Let's have a tournament on LI of the Connected Kids against all others who can attend an impartial try out. Then we can see who is actually better.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's have a tournament on LI of the Connected Kids against all others who can attend an impartial try out. Then we can see who is actually better.

I'm connected, so obviously my kid is connected too.

Just how much connection are we talking here? Do you mean lego lock connected or are we talking gorilla glue connected?

I know a guy (and his son) are duct tape connected that should count for something, right?

I also know connected kids that choose to not show the connections and still attend (and earn) spots on teams. I'd call them spiritually connected (to the creator's game).

What if someone is not connected enough? Should their son attend the tryout or wait (and hope) that one of the more sticky connected kids has something better to do so a spot opens up? That's more like gum on the bottom of your shoe connected.

So when are these tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who would be brave enough to say they were part of the connected group. I doubt many would brag that they were part of that group. You know the ones who's daddies buy helmets or offer services for their kids playing on a club team. I am so glad that the club coaches didnt get their hooks into the selection process. It resulted in a great group of talented hard working young men playing together as a team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm connected, so obviously my kid is connected too.

Just how much connection are we talking here? Do you mean lego lock connected or are we talking gorilla glue connected?

I know a guy (and his son) are duct tape connected that should count for something, right?

I also know connected kids that choose to not show the connections and still attend (and earn) spots on teams. I'd call them spiritually connected (to the creator's game).

What if someone is not connected enough? Should their son attend the tryout or wait (and hope) that one of the more sticky connected kids has something better to do so a spot opens up? That's more like gum on the bottom of your shoe connected.

So when are these tryouts?

Dude - I try and be humorous in my posts and have on occasion made two opposing posts on the same subject just to stir it up, and I think of myself as pretty funny in a snarky flid kind of way but my goodness, this is the funniest thing I have ever read on BOTC and I am now trying to figure out my own category!!!! I think I am gum on the sole of my shoes connected. I would like everybody posting from now on the categorize there own connectivity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guys enough of the BS. Let's congratulate a great group of players. They beat who was in front of them and won the title. Congratulations and great job.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop, now you made me say something, bottom line half the kids on team are not starting on their HS team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop, now you made me say something, bottom line half the kids on team are not starting on their HS team.

You are such a tool. Loser. Infallible omnipotent asshat. Guess your kid is the best player around. Maybe if he were there the team might have been better off. Not!!! Team played as a team not as individuals and as a result won. Was the right mix of players. Guess they were good enough to beat teams loaded with committed players and Under Armour players and Maverick players. Go kick your dog and yell at your kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must really care to take the time and look up roster and see who plays where and if they start or not at their High School. Lol. Must really bother you they won without your kid. Feel sorry for you. Can't you just be happy for the Long Island kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is going D1, and I am honest of my kids talent. I feel sorry for you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must really care to take the time and look up roster and see who plays where and if they start or not at their High School. Lol. Must really bother you they won without your kid. Feel sorry for you. Can't you just be happy for the Long Island kids.

It's a weak tournament, you could just as easily brag about winning any C level tourney. Bottom line. maybe fun with a big price tag, nothing else. Poster is right that none of the top recruits bother with this, and nobody should have come on here bragging about the win. It is not a prestigious event, hence the comments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a weak tournament, you could just as easily brag about winning any C level tourney. Bottom line. maybe fun with a big price tag, nothing else. Poster is right that none of the top recruits bother with this, and nobody should have come on here bragging about the win. It is not a prestigious event, hence the comments.

Don't think anyone came on here bragging just congratulating. Others took it a bit to far and make comments about the kids. Can't Long Island just bring happy for the boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Because like someone said the connected players didn't come to tryout. The numbers were the lowest in a long time. As a result players made team on tryout performance not reputation and or coaches favoritism. It was a great mix of players that played together as a team not as individuals. It's been 3 years since a Long Island High School team has won it. Great job!!! "

To clarify, the Long Island boys won the Brine championship in 2014. However the final game that summer between LI and MD was canceled due to storms and the championship game was played in January 2015 down at Tampa prior to Brogden Cup playoffs. The LI boys also won the cup vs. Canada in 2015. Brine is a very fun event for the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this the first team your kid make?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
"Because like someone said the connected players didn't come to tryout. The numbers were the lowest in a long time. As a result players made team on tryout performance not reputation and or coaches favoritism. It was a great mix of players that played together as a team not as individuals. It's been 3 years since a Long Island High School team has won it. Great job!!! "

To clarify, the Long Island boys won the Brine championship in 2014. However the final game that summer between LI and MD was canceled due to storms and the championship game was played in January 2015 down at Tampa prior to Brogden Cup playoffs. The LI boys also won the cup vs. Canada in 2015. Brine is a very fun event for the kids.

Good clear post. Again congratulations to the boys who played down at Brine. cant we just be happy that the boys teams took 3 of 4 divisions down there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd be interested to hear the ranking of the top club teams on Long Island with regards to HS players (10-11th grade). I know there are many variables, so am interested in helping with recruiting, quality of tournaments, reputation of directors, communication with parents etc. I have a 9th grader and am considering looking for a new club team and would love to hear other people's experiences.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd be interested to hear the ranking of the top club teams on Long Island with regards to HS players (10-11th grade). I know there are many variables, so am interested in helping with recruiting, quality of tournaments, reputation of directors, communication with parents etc. I have a 9th grader and am considering looking for a new club team and would love to hear other people's experiences.

Here's my two cents. If your son is looking to play at the next level, you really only have a few choices. You need a club that has a track record of college recruiting success. 80+11 top team, you'll never get on unless you have a hook. Same for that team that is basically a Catholic HS travel team. I think Outlaws offer a great opportunity. 2016 teams had nearly 35 kids get recruited. 2017 up to 25+ and 2018 has 7 D1 with many more commitments pending. Some may bash this club, but the recruiting results cannot be disputed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Roll Tide only way to go KK is the best, and we have plenty of commits. Price is right.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this the first team your kid make?

No, my kid make many team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hakawi friendly indian. we no fighter. we lover

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't let those numbers fool you. My son was on the 2016 team and they did nothing to help him get recruited he did it himself but they still put his name on there LIST as if they did something. PB is a JOKE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't let those numbers fool you. My son was on the 2016 team and they did nothing to help him get recruited he did it himself but they still put his name on there LIST as if they did something. PB is a JOKE

Outlaws 2020 teams struggled again this year. I'd avoid that age group there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was looking at the offerings they have for their teams and I don't get how they take 28-30 kids and then take only 22 to a tourney. how do you get kids to gel and play as a team when you have different kids at each tourney. Especially for $2500. it seems they are hoping that their college recruit numbers and the ever changing directors will attract players. Anyone can pay someone to sit on their board but that doesn't make them a great place to go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was looking at the offerings they have for their teams and I don't get how they take 28-30 kids and then take only 22 to a tourney. how do you get kids to gel and play as a team when you have different kids at each tourney. Especially for $2500. it seems they are hoping that their college recruit numbers and the ever changing directors will attract players. Anyone can pay someone to sit on their board but that doesn't make them a great place to go.

Outlaws do not carry more kids than they take to their tournaments. They carry around 24 and take 24. A few years ago they tried that on one of my sons teams and it didnt work too well. I believe all directors have stayed the same they have just added some new ones (Port Coach and Brentwood Coach)

Interesting to see what the new positions of player development do for the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard good and bad about the Sting? fl$?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you get the skull and cross bones bumper sticker though... its cool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sting? fl$?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Outlaws do not carry more kids than they take to their tournaments. They carry around 24 and take 24. A few years ago they tried that on one of my sons teams and it didnt work too well. I believe all directors have stayed the same they have just added some new ones (Port Coach and Brentwood Coach)

Interesting to see what the new positions of player development do for the kids.

that's funny, yesterday I was on their site and they had for the 2019 team that they would be carrying 28-30 and taking 22 to each tourney and on other years they had up to 26. I guess they realized that was going to be a problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sting? fl$?

LMAO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sting? fl$?

LMAO

Both good if looking at NESCAC schools

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny, they did everything for my son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Two of PB's three kids went D2. They can get your kid into D2.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And this the problem with parents. D1 2 3 , only one hung up on that are parents. Find best match for your kid , where they can get the best education. Don't worry about what division they are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both good if looking at NESCAC schools [/quote]

You don't really think that Tufts or Amherst or Wesleyan wouldn't beat a Marist or a Manhattan or any other team other than the top 15?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who would be brave enough to say they were part of the connected group. I doubt many would brag that they were part of that group. You know the ones who's daddies buy helmets or offer services for their kids playing on a club team. I am so glad that the club coaches didnt get their hooks into the selection process. It resulted in a great group of talented hard working young men playing together as a team.

My kids was part of the connected but now is disconnected!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So sorry things didn't workout for you. Mines committed to a top 25 D1. With an awesome scholarship. BTW, I went to a D2 school, life and career worked out very well for me. The jealousy and venom you have towards successful players and the club they play for is palpable through the computer screen. I feel you, I really do. Good luck to your son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ is great at '20 if you want to hang with manhasset "lacrosse is our divine right group", GC "is better than everyone else" or CSH "stuck ups"... Good team but you really want to deal with that...

Page 76 of 77 1 2 74 75 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard