BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 66 of 70 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 69 70
Re: Boys 2023-5th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How would you know until you played them. The only team that played True Blue was STS and they tied them! So much for that BLOWN OUT Theory!!!

If your kid was on True Blue you would know that they other teams in the A bracket and got blown out.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Badgers, Bandits, S2S, Igloo are A.
Everybody else is B whether or not they play in A.
True Blue, Warriors, Ourlaws select, Channy get blown out in A.

That's a pretty silly statement. Who did S2S beat? I know they got beat up by the 3 real "A" teams. Laxachussettes Black is an A team. Hawks, Madlax, Bethesda, FCA all A teams too. Warriors don't get blown out in A. They've beaten everyone except the top 3 and played them close on several occasions. Same with Outlaws select. Maybe not now after Bandits stole their faceoff kid, but they were a quality team. The idea that their are only 3 A teams is ridiculous. Bandits, Igloo and Badgers are the top three "A" teams, not the only ones.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody cares about the 70 kids on Igloo, HB, or Badgers.
There are thousands of boys in this grade on Ling Island. Let's keep the posts about everyone else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me pose this. My son was on a team where we really liked the coach, but the organization/team is less than desired for various reasons. If we go back to tryouts and selected, are we within reason to ask who is on the rest of the roster or who they extended offers to? That would play a big part towards the skill level and dynamics of the team that would play a role in what we advise our son on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me pose this. My son was on a team where we really liked the coach, but the organization/team is less than desired for various reasons. If we go back to tryouts and selected, are we within reason to ask who is on the rest of the roster or who they extended offers to? That would play a big part towards the skill level and dynamics of the team that would play a role in what we advise our son on.

Ask as many questions as you feel are necessary for you to make a decision on who you will pay your money to.
- Ask if the coach you like will be returning
- Ask how many kids from last year will be back
- Ask if practices will be similar to last year, etc, etc, etc

If they refuse to answer your questions, I think you'll learn a lot about what you should do for next season.
Also, I would recommend if you get all satisfactory answers...hold off on payment til the last possible second

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask as many questions as you feel are necessary for you to make a decision on who you will pay your money to.
- Ask if the coach you like will be returning
- Ask how many kids from last year will be back
- Ask if practices will be similar to last year, etc, etc, etc

If they refuse to answer your questions, I think you'll learn a lot about what you should do for next season.
Also, I would recommend if you get all satisfactory answers...hold off on payment til the last possible second

Great advise.
I have seen exactly what this post suggests with all of my boys on different clubs. Some owners are not up front about what is really going on behind the scenes. Find out when the first practice starts, how long are the practices, what is the schedule, who else is coaching, do any of the coaches have kids on the team and what are those kids positions, are they going to teach rides/clears/man up/ man down/goalie/face off/
what type of defensive schemes are run, etc.
Some clubs don't do any of the above in their practices.

The more an owner can't answer... the more you can tell what you are in for!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the coach dosent have a son on the team, don't play there. He's only there for the money and nothing else.Sad but true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the coach dosent have a son on the team, don't play there. He's only there for the money and nothing else.Sad but true

You must have had a bad experience. The majority of parents would prefer the coach NOT have a son/daughter on the team, no favoritism, no questions about coach's kids best buddy playing more.

Let's be real. If you don't have a kid on the team and are putting a ton of time in, you're most likely not doing it for the 2k-5k a year (at most). You're doing it to help these kids grow as player and young men. Most grown men aren't looking to put in 2-3 days a week and every weekend in the summer to pay a 1/4 of their Long Island property taxes for the year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must have had a bad experience. The majority of parents would prefer the coach NOT have a son/daughter on the team, no favoritism, no questions about coach's kids best buddy playing more.

Let's be real. If you don't have a kid on the team and are putting a ton of time in, you're most likely not doing it for the 2k-5k a year (at most). You're doing it to help these kids grow as player and young men. Most grown men aren't looking to put in 2-3 days a week and every weekend in the summer to pay a 1/4 of their Long Island property taxes for the year.

Very true.
The politics with Daddy coaches is unbearable. Their kid and kids friends always start. Plays are based around them as well. I will only have my son play on a travel team that has a 2k+ cost if there is no Daddy coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about this, You show up at tryouts and ask the director if a certain person who is at tryouts will be coaching. That person isn't participating at tryouts, but is observing. You're told by the Director and by that individual that "No" he won't be coaching. Then the season starts, and not only is he coaching, but his son and 7 of his buddies are on the team. Its too late to quit when you find out so you stick it out. The season goes as you'd expect and the coaches ki and his buddies play a lot more than everyone else. And now the Head Coach has left the team for the second year in a row, leaving this guy who lied to you. My only question is, how fast do you run away from Igloo?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about this, You show up at tryouts and ask the director if a certain person who is at tryouts will be coaching. That person isn't participating at tryouts, but is observing. You're told by the Director and by that individual that "No" he won't be coaching. Then the season starts, and not only is he coaching, but his son and 7 of his buddies are on the team. Its too late to quit when you find out so you stick it out. The season goes as you'd expect and the coaches ki and his buddies play a lot more than everyone else. And now the Head Coach has left the team for the second year in a row, leaving this guy who lied to you. My only question is, how fast do you run away from Igloo?

LOL!!!! That is the truth. The only exception is that PS is coming back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please run as fast as you can. You and your negativity will not be missed. You can go disrupt another team. How many times can you post the same thing? I don't think anyone cares.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The politics run deep. Sometimes it's easy to figure out(coach's son and friends), other times it pans out during season. Certain teams use the club as a sort of town team, where kids from the same school district as the coach get favored. Also, the coach may be friends with some of the parents and may favor those kids. For what it's worth, out of the three teams my children have played on with a coach and son, only one was a bad experience. The other two teams you would never figure out who the sons were.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I disagree. For some, coaching the team is only part of their income. They get the bulk of their pay through clinics and private training sessions of $50/hr or more. The fact that they coach competitive lacrosse teams is a great selling feature and excuse to charge big money to parents with deep pockets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please run as fast as you can. You and your negativity will not be missed. You can go disrupt another team. How many times can you post the same thing? I don't think anyone cares.

Are you saying that what he/she posted isn't true?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you saying that what he/she posted isn't true?

I think they are saying HALLELUYAH!! This parent will finally be off the team!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No he is not coming back

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No PS is not coming back

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No PS is not coming back

What team is this about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No he is not coming back

He beat the Bandits. There is nowhere for him to go. He's their ace!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly. He beat the Bandits. Knowing JS looks like he picked up a new coach!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Vicarious

I disagree. For some, coaching the team is only part of their income. They get the bulk of their pay through clinics and private training sessions of $50/hr or more. The fact that they coach competitive lacrosse teams is a great selling feature and excuse to charge big money to parents with deep pockets.

You're delusional. I would run full speed from any team with a dad coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No he is not coming back

He beat the Bandits. There is nowhere for him to go. He's their ace!

They're taking on even bigger headaches!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. Nice try. He can't wait to beat the Bandits again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The sun even shines on a dogs [lacrosse] from time to time...

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Speaking from experience, not "dilusional". The guy who thinks the majority of coaches are coaching the team for anything other than financial gain is delusional.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is "they"?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The sun even shines on a dogs [lacrosse] from time to time...

i know you don't want to hear it, but closer and more competitive games will only bring good news for this age group. be the better person and ignore stupid comments and hope to see great games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits will be like Smash in a year
Bandits lost before Smash EVER lost
Extremely beatable.
Igloo held them to 3 goals in 1st game
And only 4 in championship
91 gets em young and they roll big time--

BUT

As they grow 91 loses its steam

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Extremely beatable.
9 D Won gets em young and they roll big time--

BUT

As they grow NineDeeWon loses its steam

Like Crush?? Who you trying to get crazy with, essè? Don't you know I'm loco???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm glad there are more than 4 good A team's. Makes for better lacrosse competition, better reason to spend money to go to a tournament and hopefully not play the same teams in semi's and champ games over and over. If a team is coming within 1-2 goals of teams who are supposed "top A" and winning their bracket to make a semi in the A division, then those teams are worth mentioning. And be lucky if you play get to play those teams in a tournament. NOTHING worse than leaving 1/2 your family at home to stay at a mediocre hotel, sit on a scorching field while your team beats up on other teams in your bracket and running up the score so you have a better goal differential or GA to make the semi's. Same scenario every weekend.
Let's try and help our boys thrive and find a coach and team that "clicks" for him and your family.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Extremely beatable.

BUT

Then why do so many of them commit to exceptional colleges? Far more than any other club. That's a serious question, I'm curious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of these clubs are insane with what they are charging!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Extremely beatable.

BUT

Then why do so many of them commit to exceptional colleges? Far more than any other club. That's a serious question, I'm curious.

Not even close to express

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Extremely beatable.

BUT

Not even close to express

You may want to do some research before posting... I'm talking about college, not Catholics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see that the Outlaws have this new hierarchy of player development and organization. Is this smoke and mirror, or is the club changing for the first time?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see that the Outlaws have this new hierarchy of player development and organization. Is this smoke and mirror, or is the club changing for the first time?

They did they same thing last year with bringing on the Smithtown coaches. It didn't change things very much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you think talent will play out with the addition of 2 new teams next year?more parity in b teams, or more of a b+ and the b?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

totally agree. igloo 24 a disaster and 23 about to be. express 23 also. huge conflicts. i would bet most end up coaching the B team in a few years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

totally agree. igloo 24 a disaster and 23 about to be. express 23 also. huge conflicts. i would bet most end up coaching the B team in a few years.

Heard a big fall out between both Igloo coaches, and now they're going to have a second team? LOL, who needs the drama!

Page 66 of 70 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard