BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 21 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 20 21
Re: Team Elevate Girls Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
17s and 18s never planned on going this year. Ask IL yourself down there. The rumors that people try to make up is laughable.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
all Elevate teams just dropped out of IL tournament that starts tomorrow, completely blindsiding everyone.

Did just the 2017 and 2018s drop out or did the 2019's as well. I have a strange feeling it was just the 2018s and 2019s and I suspect I know why when you look at the teams in each age group (hint hint).

So how did 2019 Elevate do at Inside Lacrosse? Did YJ win the 2018 and2017 divisions?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHO CARES ...!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHO CARES ...!!!

I do. I had YJ 2018 and the over for $2k.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so did Dave

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
all Elevate teams just dropped out of IL tournament that starts tomorrow, completely blindsiding everyone.

Did just the 2017 and 2018s drop out or did the 2019's as well. I have a strange feeling it was just the 2018s and 2019s and I suspect I know why when you look at the teams in each age group (hint hint).

So how did 2019 Elevate do at Inside Lacrosse? Did YJ win the 2018 and2017 divisions?

Looked online - looks like YJ 2018 beat YJ 2017 in finals in the 17/18 division.

The 2019 division had 4 teams total (does that even qualify as a tournament). Common Goal crushed Top Siders in the finals. Elevate Blue lost to both of those teams in pool play. Interesting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do people really go to the year end Elevate party? Do both parents and kids attend, or do you just drop your kid off. Gets costly with both parents going - no? Also, it says they have awards. Are they team awards or individual? I am hoping team as I would think individual awards in travel lacrosse wouldn't promote team play. Can somebody who has attended before let me know the situation and what goes on - thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
now, why wouldn't you just ask Dave?....he will give you an award for being the parent who asks the best question...
cash bar, BTW

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very large turnout and a great time for families.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come Elevate didn't send a team to the U15 Nationals? I see Liberty, YJ, TG, fl$? No Elevate?

Probably because they would have to play some competitive teams. Elevate avoids playing top teams whenever they can. That is why they spend so much time in New England at places like NEYLAT, I mean what a waste of time and money that tournament is.

I think Elevate goes to the tournaments that are the right fit for them. Their 2019-2024 teams should not be playing at top tournaments against top teams as they would be getting crushed on a regular basis. Going to New England allows them to play more teams at their level. We saw what happened at IL this weekend with their 2019s and then we saw what happened at Hofstra with their younger teams this weekend. They had their hands full with teams like Bengals, Icon, Igloo, Wave, etc. They don't need to be playing teams like YJ and others at these top tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come Elevate didn't send a team to the U15 Nationals? I see Liberty, YJ, TG, fl$? No Elevate?

Probably because they would have to play some competitive teams. Elevate avoids playing top teams whenever they can. That is why they spend so much time in New England at places like NEYLAT, I mean what a waste of time and money that tournament is.

I think Elevate goes to the tournaments that are the right fit for them. Their 2019-2024 teams should not be playing at top tournaments against top teams as they would be getting crushed on a regular basis. Going to New England allows them to play more teams at their level. We saw what happened at IL this weekend with their 2019s and then we saw what happened at Hofstra with their younger teams this weekend. They had their hands full with teams like Bengals, Icon, Igloo, Wave, etc. They don't need to be playing teams like YJ and others at these top tournaments.

Comments like this are what is wrong with everyone on this site....'teams like Bengals, Icon, Igloo, Wave, etc'

There is nothing wrong with any of these teams. Teams exist to offer girls the chance to play lacrosse throughout the summer and continue to improve their game.

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with Elevate choosing to play at NE tournaments, or other tournaments that fit their level of play. It is actually the responsible thing to do.....What team enjoys going 0 for the weekend? Would it make the girls feel better that it was against YJ or TG or Heroes? No!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thinking along those lines why would Maryland and North Carolina bother playing anyone but each other all year long?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goes back to the idea that there is plenty of talented competition here on LI that a travel team need not ever go outside the confines of LI to play against teams to get better. You know that the reason travel programs play at distant destinations is because they don't want to play against each other and get beat, thus hurting the bottom line...rather play against some third rate "C" team in Pennsylvania or Mass. than against one of the local LI squads--who cares if you lose to that team?..parents get to boast to coworkers about how many weekends they have spent on the road this summer with their daughters travel team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goes back to the idea that there is plenty of talented competition here on LI that a travel team need not ever go outside the confines of LI to play against teams to get better. You know that the reason travel programs play at distant destinations is because they don't want to play against each other and get beat, thus hurting the bottom line...rather play against some third rate "C" team in Pennsylvania or Mass. than against one of the local LI squads--who cares if you lose to that team?..parents get to boast to coworkers about how many weekends they have spent on the road this summer with their daughters travel team

Trust me - DK does not want his Elevate teams losing to all these long Island clubs. He would much rather lose to some team in New England that nobody ever heard of. Like this weekend at Hofstra, Elevate lost to many teams from LI (Bengals, Igloo, TG, Jesters, Icon, etc.).So now as its time for people to look at tryouts and where they want to go next year and people see that Elevate has some week teams in 2022/23/24 age groups -is that a good thing for a club director? No! No matter how many pictures you post on Instagram and Facebook you cant cover up those losses. If those bad losses. If those losses took place in the middle of nowhere MA against teams nobody knows, it doesn't really have an impact on his business. By playing other LI teams your product becomes exposed. Make sense?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gee, wish I had said that...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because some teams on LI would never lose a game or be challenged if they stayed on LI, fine for most, but not for all!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2024/2025 team lost by 1 goal to the eventual champ and scored more goals on them then any other team. How is that not competitive?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2024/2025 team lost by 1 goal to the eventual champ and scored more goals on them then any other team. How is that not competitive?

Are you actually using stats from the play of 9 year old players to make a point about an organization as a whole? How'd the 2028's play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you actually using stats from the play of 9 year old players to make a point about an organization as a whole? How'd the 2028's play?

In their diapers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They may have been referring to the 9-4 Elevate LOSS to Igloo?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 schools of thought on this: you can beat up on inferior teams so you can pad your win column, or as you say make the kids feel better when they don't win anything in the tougher tourneys…
Or, you can play against better teams, tougher competition, in more competitive tournaments and "elevate" your game by challenging your players to play harder and play up to the competition, rather than dummying down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 schools of thought on this: you can beat up on inferior teams so you can pad your win column, or as you say make the kids feel better when they don't win anything in the tougher tourneys…
Or, you can play against better teams, tougher competition, in more competitive tournaments and "elevate" your game by challenging your players to play harder and play up to the competition, rather than dummying down.

Who cares where they play if you dont play for the club! Bottom line is a smart club director will play in tournaments that they feel offers the best fit for their teams. Would bet they are not looking to give or be on the receiving end of blow outs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do people really go to the year end Elevate party? Do both parents and kids attend, or do you just drop your kid off. Gets costly with both parents going - no? Also, it says they have awards. Are they team awards or individual? I am hoping team as I would think individual awards in travel lacrosse wouldn't promote team play. Can somebody who has attended before let me know the situation and what goes on - thanks

Its absolutely AWFUL. In addition to it being a personal fund raiser for DK, he is in his glory and the center of attention..... Just where he always wants to be. Its a pathetic view of his ego on display which you actually get to pay to see. ENJOY - especially after your kid who deserves an award is passed over for one of DKs friends or somebody who spent a lot of money with them on private lessons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They paid the deposit but never paid the rest so they were removed from the schedule last minute. They were given every opportunity to pay and did not return emails.

So Elevate paid the deposit for their 2018 Red team at the Rise and at Capital Cup and never paid the rest of the money so the team was removed from both schedules? Odd that they wouldn't pay the rest of the money and didn't return your calls. Hmmmmmmmmm.

So I saw this thread last week but did not want to comment until I was able to gather some facts which I did this weekend in Virginia. My daughter was on Elevate 2018 Red last year and this season we and others from the Red team left for Top Guns. I stopped by to see the combined 2017/18 Elevate team play this weekend at Capital Cup. There are few girls if any 2018 kids left from last years Red team. They have the same parent coach that we had last year (so Elevate does have parent coaches), I am surprised he has stuck it out this long. I only recognized 2 parents from last years 2018 Red team and they both seem very frustrated with the summer season. One told me that the 2018 Red team started to collapse about 2 tournaments ago so they folded them into the 2017/2018 combined team. That combined team had very few girls and each week and kids from other teams would just fill in. Neither of the 2018 parents I spoke to will be returning next year. I also saw a parent of a 202 Elevate kid playing on the 2017/18 team in Virginia - that probably reflects how desperate this team was to get kids this season. There is no possible way Elevate will have enough kids to field a 2nd 2018 team next year. The only big clubs on LI that will have 2 teams in the 2018 age group next year will be YJ, TG and Liberty. I told them that TG will have a few spots on their purple team as a few kids will not be coming back. I sort of felt bad for the parents that spent so much money to go to VA with this half baked team of kids who haven't played together much of the summer.

The 2018 Red team and 2017/18 team used 2019 and 202 kids all summer long. BAFFLES ME how parents pay that much money and Elevate is not cheap to play with a group of kids that can barely form a team and aren't really committed to being there.

Elevate cant use 2020 kids in those IWLCA sanctioned tournaments for recruiting no matter how desperate elevate may be to field teams. I am shocked nobody ratted Elevate and DK out yet to the IWLCA. I figure with all the people he has screwed over the years (vendors he hasn't paid, sports facilities, parents, other club directors, former elevate coaches he hasn't paid, etc.) somebody would rat him out by now. Hmmmmmmm

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They may have been referring to the 9-4 Elevate LOSS to Igloo?

Elevate got trashed by all the LI teams in those younger age groups this weekend (Icon, Igloo, Jesters, etc.). There is nothing special about Elevate and that is why you see their numbers (# of teams, # of kids at tryouts) all declining. They lost every game they played against TG Black. Save your money and go to a club without all the glitz and marketing because that is what you are ultimately paying for with this club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know what is included with the recruiting year groups. Received an email saying that a bus tour and other camps are included but can anyone confirm? Does anyone know the fee and or if it includes the item like bus tour, camps, etc? Just looking at options.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know what is included with the recruiting year groups. Received an email saying that a bus tour and other camps are included but can anyone confirm? Does anyone know the fee and or if it includes the item like bus tour, camps, etc? Just looking at options.

NO.... Be very careful here. NONE of the things for the recruiting year are INCLUDED. Even though the email you are referring to says "Everything above is included". You GET ACCESS to those fees but they are NOT included. You have to read every word when you deal with Elevate. The devil is in the details. I have no idea what they are charging for joining and each one of those things but it would sure be nice if it was posted on the website the way everyone else discloses their fees. Caveat Emptor!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cmon', gotta believe this was a set-up question....anytime the words 'fee' and "Elevate" used in same sentence will lead to soooo many folks telling their horror tales of being scammed by Dave...chuckle, chuckle

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NO.... Be very careful here. NONE of the things for the recruiting year are INCLUDED. Even though the email you are referring to says "Everything above is included". You GET ACCESS to those fees but they are NOT included. You have to read every word when you deal with Elevate. The devil is in the details. I have no idea what they are charging for joining and each one of those things but it would sure be nice if it was posted on the website the way everyone else discloses their fees. Caveat Emptor!

This is true. Be very careful and know what you are getting. My friend forwarded that email to me as well. It says all of those things are included for the recruiting age girls but there is no way it is included in the fees. Before going to tryouts or even signing up with Elevate, know what you are in for. Many have been burned before you. Does anyone know what the fees are and what is actually included?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is Elevates fee for 2016-2017?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is Elevates fee for 2016-2017?

How much do you have in savings?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate can go to the normal tournaments and don't need to spend their summers hiding in New England. They just need to play in the lower brackets at more competitive tournaments. DK wont be able to post a pic with a t-shirt but the kids would get more exposure that way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK Mike T, its nice to see you are still bitter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate can go to the normal tournaments and don't need to spend their summers hiding in New England. They just need to play in the lower brackets at more competitive tournaments. DK wont be able to post a pic with a t-shirt but the kids would get more exposure that way.

Had the same experience last weekend at our first tourney with Elevate. We went 4-0 NO good teams there and spent an entire day driving to and from PA - WHAT A WASTE! I am hoping we didn't make a big mistake joining this club!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Had the same experience last weekend at our first tourney with Elevate. We went 4-0 NO good teams there and spent an entire day driving to and from PA - WHAT A WASTE! I am hoping we didn't make a big mistake joining this club!

Did you get a T-Shirt?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really hope your not an elevate parent? If you feel this way after one tournament then leave. Great group of girls and parents that are involved. It is a good warm up tournament it seems like.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really hope your not an elevate parent? If you feel this way after one tournament then leave. Great group of girls and parents that are involved. It is a good warm up tournament it seems like.

I am an elevate parent and this could not be more true. it was a total waste of a weekend - who cares that we won all 4 games by a total of 50 goals. I want my daughter playing against the best teams. That weekend was a complete wastebof time. The 2022 PAL Elevate daddy coach acted like we were beating strong teams. my daughter has more competitive PAL games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should talk to DK or like previous poster said just leave. KYou and your daughter won't be missed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should talk to DK or like previous poster said just leave. KYou and your daughter won't be missed.

If you don't agreed 100% with all DK 's decisions, and especially if you comment publically that everything he says and does is right, yes, please leave.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We don't need you and that attitude. If you are new to Elevate the FALL tournaments at this age are optional. No one said you had to go. The fall is good to keep the stick in the hand. Sad you had to come on here and badmouth the team. They are a great group and the girls really enjoy playing together , they are only 12 years old for goodness sake.

Like Reply Quote
Page 15 of 21 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 20 21
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard