BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,324
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 88 of 90 1 2 86 87 88 89 90
Re: Boys 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The stereotype for holdbacks (Crabs, FCA, etc.) is accurate. If you have a kid that is 16 or will turn 16 by the end of 2016 on a 2020 team - they are a holdback.

Not just 16, they are a 2020 holdback if they turn 15 during the season. If they turn 16 during the season they are a double holdback, and Crabs 2020 has a few of those.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any big tournaments this weekend or is the season pretty much finished until November

Good luck to the Long Island teams at Brine Nationals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is true. People think if your born in 2001 your a hold back if you are born in 2001 you turn 15 this year not 16, and most kids born in 2001 are born after August 1st. People don't understand that. I agree with you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The stereotype for holdbacks (Crabs, FCA, etc.) is accurate. If you have a kid that is 16 or will turn 16 by the end of 2016 on a 2020 team - they are a holdback.

Really?? Ya think??? My 2020 just turned 14 two months ago.

You are such losers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any big tournaments this weekend or is the season pretty much finished until November
UMD 2016 Young Guns Shootout
thank you are all the good programs involved?

Annapolis Hawks 2020 Green
Club Blue
LIE 2020 AA NORTH
Leading Edge Elite
Iron Horse Lacrosse 2020
Crabs 2020
Sweetlax Upstate 2020
Rock Lacrosse
3d Tri-State 2020
91 Crush
LIE 2020 Wieczorek
Madlax 2020
91 Crush:91 Crush
Dukes Young Guns
Next Level 2020

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are such losers.

No you really seem to be the loser. The discussion is 2020's turning 15 and 16 and are holdbacks. So your kid just turned 14, means he isn't a 2020 holdback. Good for you, but no one really gives a sh*t when you post that kind of sarcastic crap.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not just 16, they are a 2020 holdback if they turn 15 during the season. If they turn 16 during the season they are a double holdback, and Crabs 2020 has a few of those.

What clowns. My son is 2018 and won't turn 16 until October.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly how many games have you watched this team or player play in? You obviously have no clue what your talking about due to your incredibly false statements on the 91 Md team and that player. Your wrong plain and simple!

Enough over the years to know some things never change.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by 1111111111
But who won the ship. But who scored 3 goals and had an assist against legacy in the championship, yeah that's right daddy's boy? But if you didn't take a look at the attackmen and a good amount of the middies on team 91 md they are small, haven't hit growth spurts or puberty, these kids are not holdbacks. That fact that you think that they are is a compliment and just gives them even more desire to go out and win more championships against your kids and their teams. And keep talking about parents and not getting recruited, your kid clearly isn't getting recruited because if he was you wouldn't be on this sight you childish, classless, disgrace.
. Your post makes absolutely no sense. You are completely clueless and if it makes you happy to say this team has no holdbacks, well bunky, carry on. The coach has no control over his players, the attackman you are referring to with 3 goals is a selfish player, not a team player and daddy says nothing. Let the parents keep acting up on the sidelines during games and watch college coaches just walk away. They want no part of this, regardless of a players ability. I be.ieve you are the one upset that your kid isn't getting any looks and that is why you are here bitching. So how did the team do in New [lacrosse] this weekend? Looks like you got pushed around. Begs the question, how loud was the coach and parents yelling and complaining? I would guess quite a bit. Did you just get home from NY and this was why your post is so screwed up?

Good game for this attackman but a one off. . More often than not he is allowed to stay in the game longer than others, shoots when he should not and does whatever he wants despite not being able to ride at all, not shoot consistently and he looks like he gets in the way of the team who have to work around him. True that the coach really has no control over this player as well as several others who ignore instructions from their coaches-too bad for the team as they could be much better if there was more strategic disciplined play.

This is a pervasive problem on too many teams, and parents are sick of watching it! The kid who can somehow do no wrong. You know the one, turns the ball over like crazy, takes stupid shots, doesn't pass when he should, yet never comes off the field. Yet other kids make one mistake and are benched. Why? You ask, coaches kid, owners kid, parent up the [lacrosse] of coach doing lots of favors.

On any team once the kids hit high school -especially a higher level team like this one- the coaches should no longer be parents unless they come from a very experienced background. recreation coaches should not follow their kids to high school. They can be involved administratively but it is time for them to step back from the day to day coaching and let others handle their sons and teams.

This goes for any team. It has hurt this particular team maybe more than others as evidenced by so many 1 point losses this year and the comments being made They could be at the top of the charts if the kids were not running the show and the coaches had more experience coaching higher level lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are such losers.

No you really seem to be the loser. The discussion is 2020's turning 15 and 16 and are holdbacks. So your kid just turned 14, means he isn't a 2020 holdback. Good for you, but no one really gives a sh*t when you post that kind of sarcastic crap.

Get a grip. If you need to be 16 to look good against 14 year olds then you are a loser. Period. And I dont care who commits to where. It all comes out in the wash eventually because cheaters always get caught. The end does not always justify the means. Nor is getting into college the end. People forget it is actually just the beginning. Watch as those fancy commits end up putting their degrees to work coaching lacrosse for some BS club team, giving lessons for $40 a pop at some god forsaken field or driving up and down the East Coast selling t shirts and sunglasses out of the back of their van at youth lax tournaments. That is what happens to cheaters. And if you think an age appropriate kid is a loser for not also cheating then there is nothing I can say to help you.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are such losers.

Get a grip. If you need to be 16 to look good against 14 year olds then you are a loser. Period. And I dont care who commits to where. It all comes out in the wash eventually because cheaters always get caught. The end does not always justify the means. Nor is getting into college the end. People forget it is actually just the beginning. Watch as those fancy commits end up putting their degrees to work coaching lacrosse for some BS club team, giving lessons for $40 a pop at some god forsaken field or driving up and down the East Coast selling t shirts and sunglasses out of the back of their van at youth lax tournaments. That is what happens to cheaters. And if you think an age appropriate kid is a loser for not also cheating then there is nothing I can say to help you.
. Sorry bunky but you are still the loser and with poor reading comprehension. The prior posts regarding holdbacks is not supporting holdbacks or 15 and 16 year olds playing 2020, just the opposite, they are condemning holdbacks. But here you come with your sarcastic post about your 14 year old kid playing 2020. Why in the [lacrosse] do you think Crabs and FCA were pointed out as the leaders of holdbacks. Most who post on this site hate holdbacks and the entire crap that goes with it. Then you come along with some long bs diseration about crap and it clearly shows you lack reading comprehension. You need to not only get a grip but take some night reading classes. Oh, and my son, who plays on a 2020 elite team turned 14 last month. That's June in case you don't understand.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's wrong some kids start school later than others and some kids have learning problems. A lot of kids that are barely older then other kids are usually not holdbacks. And if they are holdbacks it's most likely not for lacrosse. But I agree with the crabs part, they have 4+ double holdbacks, at least 10-14 holdbacks, and some legit 14 year olds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. The bashing and degrading of young kids for doing what they love and are passionate about is pathetic and classless, especially considering it's by parents. There is no reason for it. And none of it is going to matter in high school (holdback or not) they will all play against kids that are older, bigger, faster, and stronger. People need to get a grip. It really is sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are such losers.
If a player turns 15 after Sept 1/2016 they are not a holdback. New rules that will be widely ignored come into effect.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What clowns. My son is 2018 and won't turn 16 until October.
what University has he committed to for Sept 2018?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by 1111111111
But who won the ship. But who scored 3 goals and had an assist against legacy in the championship, yeah that's right daddy's boy? But if you didn't take a look at the attackmen and a good amount of the middies on team 91 md they are small, haven't hit growth spurts or puberty, these kids are not holdbacks. That fact that you think that they are is a compliment and just gives them even more desire to go out and win more championships against your kids and their teams. And keep talking about parents and not getting recruited, your kid clearly isn't getting recruited because if he was you wouldn't be on this sight you childish, classless, disgrace.
. Your post makes absolutely no sense. You are completely clueless and if it makes you happy to say this team has no holdbacks, well bunky, carry on. The coach has no control over his players, the attackman you are referring to with 3 goals is a selfish player, not a team player and daddy says nothing. Let the parents keep acting up on the sidelines during games and watch college coaches just walk away. They want no part of this, regardless of a players ability. I be.ieve you are the one upset that your kid isn't getting any looks and that is why you are here bitching. So how did the team do in New [lacrosse] this weekend? Looks like you got pushed around. Begs the question, how loud was the coach and parents yelling and complaining? I would guess quite a bit. Did you just get home from NY and this was why your post is so screwed up?

Good game for this attackman but a one off. . More often than not he is allowed to stay in the game longer than others, shoots when he should not and does whatever he wants despite not being able to ride at all, not shoot consistently and he looks like he gets in the way of the team who have to work around him. True that the coach really has no control over this player as well as several others who ignore instructions from their coaches-too bad for the team as they could be much better if there was more strategic disciplined play.

This is a pervasive problem on too many teams, and parents are sick of watching it! The kid who can somehow do no wrong. You know the one, turns the ball over like crazy, takes stupid shots, doesn't pass when he should, yet never comes off the field. Yet other kids make one mistake and are benched. Why? You ask, coaches kid, owners kid, parent up the [lacrosse] of coach doing lots of favors.

For a minute I thought you were talking about my daughter's team considering you just described exactly what their problem is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland
congratulate him making to Div 1 when on your birth year is a great accomplishment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The latest 2020 commit is further proof and incentive for players to holdback and play down to get noticed. Congrats to the 2019, sorry I mean 2020 Brunswick Prep School kid to Penn State.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The latest 2020 commit is further proof and incentive for players to holdback and play down to get noticed. Congrats to the 2019, sorry I mean 2020 Brunswick Prep School kid to Penn State.

I think that kid is reclassing NOW, not prior to committ - Ty said he played JV in Westchester last spring which he couldnt do if he was already heldback at Wick.
Your point is still valid - but doesnt appear to apply here

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once you step foot in highschool you cannot reclass but you can "PG" after higshcool

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think that kid is reclassing NOW, not prior to committ - Ty said he played JV in Westchester last spring which he couldnt do if he was already heldback at Wick.
Your point is still valid - but doesnt appear to apply here

Doesn't apply? He played JV in the spring and then played down on 2020 in the summer. It applies. You don't have to officially reclass with a HS school to play down a year or two. Remember, there are no rules in the summer travel game. Just declare yourself whatever year you want and play on that team. A college can give you a commitment in any year they wish.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once you step foot in highschool you cannot reclass but you can "PG" after higshcool

Public School, that might be true. Private school you absolutely can and they do. Or just go to public HS for a year and then re-class and repeat 9th grade in Private. 2018 from Mass on my son's team at a well known showcase started as 2016. Reclassed to 2017 and committed to UVA. Had off the field issue and commitment was broken by UVA. Reclassed again to 2018 and committed to Duke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true often times see people do 9th grade twice

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland
congratulate him making to Div 1 when on your birth year is a great accomplishment.

Keep whining while we keep committing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland

Keep whining while we keep committing
Great post to convince yourself that your son needs to play down to look good instead of play on age or up to get better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Penn St commit going to Brunswick has always been a 2020, never reclassed. He played JV as an 8th grader last year for Mamaroneck. Starting at Wick as a 9th grader. Age appropriate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is what the Canadian kids do

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is what the Canadian kids do
yes because no parent in their right mind would hold a kid back. It's easier to just declare u are going to do a PG year. Many Canadian kids do their first year of university here than go to the US. They don't play any sport so they don't lose any eligibility. Have u heard anyone ever complain that a 22 year old is playing 21 year old's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Penn St commit going to Brunswick has always been a 2020, never reclassed. He played JV as an 8th grader last year for Mamaroneck. Starting at Wick as a 9th grader. Age appropriate.

Meaning his Bdate is between 11/1/2001 and 10/31/2002?

Plenty of you Westchester guys are going the way of VA folks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are some good quality programs in rank order in Suffolk

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As the season winds down its fair to say we have all watched a ton of highly competive lacrosse (bloated holdback teams and all) I would also venture to guess that if you are reading this thread that there are few things you enjoy more then watching your boy compete. We have things in common.. Considering this (bias and holdback tally aside) how would you rank the top 10 club programs??

1) team 91
2)...
3)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As the season winds down its fair to say we have all watched a ton of highly competive lacrosse (bloated holdback teams and all) I would also venture to guess that if you are reading this thread that there are few things you enjoy more then watching your boy compete. We have things in common.. Considering this (bias and holdback tally aside) how would you rank the top 10 club programs??

1) team 91
2)...
3)

I thought the ranking of teams nonsense would be done by the time this age was going into 9th grade. Leave that to the 4th and 5th grade dads please.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) team 91
2)looney's
3) LIE
4)FCA
5)Crabs
6) Edge Canada
7) Sweetlax Upstate
8) Hawks
9) NH Tomahawks
10) 91 MD
3)

I thought the ranking of teams nonsense would be done by the time this age was going into 9th grade. Leave that to the 4th and 5th grade dads please.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) team 91
2)looney's
3) LIE
4)FCA
5)Crabs
6) Edge Canada
7) Sweetlax Upstate
8) Hawks
9) NH Tomahawks
10) 91 MD
3)

Just last week Crabs beat LIE, LIE beat Sweetlax in OT, Sweetlax beat Edge, FCA lost to Crabs. Leg also beat Looneys and Tomohawks, but lost to MD 91. Your list needs some adjusting,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After the Crush, Loonies, Express, and Crabs which have generally separated themselves from the pack, there are a bunch of teams which could beat each other on any given day. Among them in no particular order are...
Edge, Annapolis Hawks, NH Tomahawks, Leading Edge, Next Level, Laxachusettes, Legacy, 91 Maryland, Rising Sons, Sweetlax NY, and West Coast Stars.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After the Crush, Loonies, Express, and Crabs which have generally separated themselves from the pack, there are a bunch of teams which could beat each other on any given day. Among them in no particular order are...
Edge, Annapolis Hawks, NH Tomahawks, Leading Edge, Next Level, Laxachusettes, Legacy, 91 Maryland, Rising Sons, Sweetlax NY, and West Coast Stars.

Scores do not support your statement with possibly the exception of Looneys, who had one fluke loss. Otherwise I agree.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty Xanders tweets out that Penn State grabs another 2020 Attackman. Kid is from the Rising Sons and attends Malvern Prep.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WCS should be in there top 7 but leading edge and next level don't belong. It will be interesting to see what programs play in Nov, hopefully Eclipse and 4HHH defer their places and let better teams play. That is the one must play event coming up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) team 91
2)looney's
3) LIE
4)FCA
5)Crabs
6) Edge Canada
7) Sweetlax Upstate
8) Hawks
9) NH Tomahawks
10) 91 MD
3)

Just last week Crabs beat LIE, LIE beat Sweetlax in OT, Sweetlax beat Edge, FCA lost to Crabs. Leg also beat Looneys and Tomohawks, but lost to MD 91. Your list needs some adjusting,

And Leg lost to Igloo, Sons and Tomahawks.

Page 88 of 90 1 2 86 87 88 89 90

Link Copied to Clipboard