BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 75 of 77 1 2 73 74 75 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looking for some help. Is lsm a position that gets recruited and if so are college coaches willing to give a sizeable scholarship for it.

If he plays for a top HS team expect 15 - 18% if he plays for a top club team he can expect 25% - figure another 5% for each inch over 6' tall and another 3% for each tenth of a second he runs under a 4.8 forty - so a 6' 3" LSM from WM who runs a 4.4 forty and plays for 91 extreme or turtles should be getting close to a full ride - I heard all this at 31 flavors the other day

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On this forum I am reading how Syo parents that complain are expecting a handout, or that they complain when their kids aren't that good after all and how they expect to be put forward when it's not deserved. The opponents of the board's decision assume that this action generated from these so-called complainers. What they fail to acknowledge and discuss are the very real issues that have been the catalyst for this. Some of these harsh critics of the opponents are themselves the very architects of a "pay to play" culture and position themselves to be very close to coaches to ensure the starting positions of their sons. They may be afraid that all the time spent schmoozing may be for nothing if coach is gone.

++++++++++++++++++++++

So Mr. Insider....

What are these very real issues you mention? Enlighten all of us?

Please give factual specifics... Not false rumors and half truths.

I agree completely. Those with specific knowledge of what is happening inside the program should cite specific examples of wrongdoing so the rest of us can form our opinions based on the facts.

Otherwise people are just going to opine based on their own circumstances. Someone who has a son who is a starter on this or any team is going to side with the coach and feel that he should have the autonomy to run his team how he sees fit. Someone whose son is not a starter but feels should be is going to side with those who feel that the coach has some ulterior motive, whether it is a club conflict of interest or private lesson bribery or good old fashion parent [lacrosse] kissing.

Some actual facts would help a lot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if there was a common theme to the complaints which led to the removal of the coaches at SWR, Sayville, Syosset and Manhasset? There have been many posts claiming that in each case a small number of parents complained. Was there conflict of interest with pay to play summer programs? Were the coaches abusing their power for personal profit? Was there bullying? Was there conduct unbecoming? Was it years of little complaints? Was there one major incident in each case that caused such problems?

It is hard to believe that a few disgruntled parents can have such an impact if there are no real problems.

High School Coaches do not always get it right when it comes to playing the best players. However, I can not believe that coaches have been fired because parents complain about playing time. . There has to be something more.

I agree with you about not getting fired because of playing time decisions, but what happens is the parents of the kids not getting playing time are the ones who find other things to complain about and while no one complaint will get a coach fired it is the culmination of the constant nagging that perhaps make the school district look to make a change. I doubt many coaches can stand up to the scrutiny of everything they say and do being reported on them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you can do the math. D1 lax gets 12.6 scholarships. teams carry 40-50 players. some kids get more and some get none.
Looking for some help. Is lsm a position that gets recruited and if so are college coaches willing to give a sizeable scholarship for it.

If he plays for a top HS team expect 15 - 18% if he plays for a top club team he can expect 25% - figure another 5% for each inch over 6' tall and another 3% for each tenth of a second he runs under a 4.8 forty - so a 6' 3" LSM from WM who runs a 4.4 forty and plays for 91 extreme or turtles should be getting close to a full ride - I heard all this at 31 flavors the other day

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not sure if the current situation in Syo w/ JC is about playing time, complaining parents or a BOE that just wants to start fresh w/ a new coach. We players and parents are also aware that we have not been given all the info and probably never will be. I do know this. My son is not a starter on SYO and he will probably not be an "impact" player this coming year but he does contribute. The reason he is not a starter is not b/c of any bias from JC, it is b/c he is either
a. not good enough to start
b. not working hard enough in practice

the point is both this non starter parent and the non starter himself still support JC as the coach b/c in Syo it about more than starting and wins/losses. If you are part of the program you would know what I am talking about. Sure it is great if you start and get significant playing time but my son does contribute both in games and in practice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have a list of college coaches that will be at Hofstra Warrior this coming weekend, or know where a list is posted?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have a list of college coaches that will be at Hofstra Warrior this coming weekend, or know where a list is posted?

There weren't many there last year. In addition, it was very poorly run and scheduled. The majority of the coaches will be at the NXT Invatational in Philly at Stony Brook this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This US U19 tournament has got to be the silliest thing I've ever seen! Just painful to hear about! Surprised other countries would even be interested in participating. US players pounding their Chests at what? Sad part is that it's payed for by dues paid to an inept organization.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the back story to Cherry being removed? I hate Manhasset, but the guy had a lot of success there for a long time.

P.S. Many Manhasset dads have been working that connection for years with financial support of the "32" club program. Will be interesting to see what happens with that and what kind of return on inverstment they get if/when a new coach is brought in.

The backstory is same as many other coaches who find themselves at the end of their tenure with the inability to write the Hollywood ending. Unfortunately this ending included too many complaints year after year which the board just couldn't ignore.

Complaints that the BoD couldn't ignore? The BoD was voted in to make decisions that are in the best interest of the district. Not bend to the whim of a few whining parents. It happened in Shoreham Wading River, Sayville and now SYO. Completely spineless.

The BoD made a decision that was in the best interest for the current and future student athletes. One that involved a popular resident and employee of the distinct, I'm sure no one involved took it lightly.

High School sports should instill in a young adult the notion that life isn't fair, no one hands you ANYTHING, if you want something (starting on varsity for instance) you have to work harder than the next guy for that spot. Bottomline, varsity sports teaches kids about LIFE. I wanted to be the President of my firm. I scratched and clawed worked my tail off to get the job, it didn't happen...so I started my own firm and achieve the level of success I strove for. Its always natural selection, kids need to learn that as early as possible to be successful in life and varsity sports is a great environment to learn that. SWR, Sayville, SYO---lame. Coaches are too driven for success? We creating a generation of dependent children with no drive.

Let's give this a rest, I don't have anything positive or negative about JC..
Is he fair.. sometimes.
Is he tough on the players...sometimes
Is he ________ ... sometimes.
That's coaching, the only comment I have is that when he told me that "it was out of anyone's control" when asked about a specific player.
Is the action of the board just, that is what we need to find out. They (the board) should at least provide some details as to why so that, we as parents know why this is happening and stop assuming that other parents on the team are at fault. SYO parents are great at blaming and isolating other parents and players without knowing the entire background. SYO parents should band together in support of their players, each other and the coach and demand of the board more specifics of why this happened and not ASSume!
As for JL, he is a politician, he will lean towards what is the majority so that he can continue to be re-elected.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is he fair.. sometimes.
That's coaching, the only comment I have is that when he told me that "it was out of anyone's control" when asked about a specific player.
Is the action of the board just, that is what we need to find out. They (the board) should at least provide some details as to why so that, we as parents know why this is happening and stop assuming that other parents on the team are at fault. SYO parents are great at blaming and isolating other parents and players without knowing the entire background. SYO parents should band together in support of their players, each other and the coach and demand of the board more specifics of why this happened and not ASSume!
As for JL, he is a politician, he will lean towards what is the majority so that he can continue to be re-elected.

Good post, particularly about boy wonder on the board - full 180 from his position 3 years ago basically wanting to disband competitive sports. I think the BoE is in a tough situation, they know more then we ever will and because of privacy laws they can not tell us the "real" reason, just or unjust that led to their initial decision. People need to realize that lacrosse is a huge part of our and our kid's lives but a minor part of the school system and it has taken up a huge amount of time and resources the past three years. I hope everybody involved is worrying about all the kids best interest and not just their own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Manhasset decision is even more incredible than Syosset given the Manhasset coach had won 2 state championsships witnin the past decade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agreed..like all high school sports these days..the parents are "the characters" there is very little character..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Manhasset decision is even more incredible than Syosset given the Manhasset coach had won 2 state championsships witnin the past decade.

And in the last 6 years they've won 1 CC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He wasn't playing. Lotta talent on sidelines.

It's about time districts make moves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The backstory is same as many other coaches who find themselves at the end of their tenure with the inability to write the Hollywood ending. Unfortunately this ending included too many complaints year after year which the board just couldn't ignore. [/quote]

Complaints that the BoD couldn't ignore? The BoD was voted in to make decisions that are in the best interest of the district. Not bend to the whim of a few whining parents. It happened in Shoreham Wading River, Sayville and now SYO. Completely spineless.
[/quote]
The BoD made a decision that was in the best interest for the current and future student athletes. One that involved a popular resident and employee of the distinct, I'm sure no one involved took it lightly. [/quote]

High School sports should instill in a young adult the notion that life isn't fair, no one hands you ANYTHING, if you want something (starting on varsity for instance) you have to work harder than the next guy for that spot. Bottomline, varsity sports teaches kids about LIFE. I wanted to be the President of my firm. I scratched and clawed worked my tail off to get the job, it didn't happen...so I started my own firm and achieve the level of success I strove for. Its always natural selection, kids need to learn that as early as possible to be successful in life and varsity sports is a great environment to learn that. SWR, Sayville, SYO---lame. Coaches are too driven for success? We creating a generation of dependent children with no drive. [/quote]

Is he fair.. sometimes.
As for JL, he is a politician, he will lean towards what is the majority so that he can continue to be re-elected. [/quote]

Just like SWR, Sayville, Manhasset, etc the BoD hides behind privacy laws. They can not be held accountable for their actions nor are they forced to explain their decisions. We've seen this happen over and over; vote in reasonable Board members, its the only answer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just like SWR, Sayville, Manhasset, etc the BoD hides behind privacy laws. They can not be held accountable for their actions nor are they forced to explain their decisions. We've seen this happen over and over; vote in reasonable Board members, its the only answer.

really? hide behind the law that forbids the school board from disclosing personal information about employees? and your solution is to vote in reasonable board members that will disclose personal information? maybe the board of ed would rather spend it's time on the education and needs of the over 99% of the students that do not play varsity lacrosse. things like building maintenance, personnel, security ect. this is just lacrosse.

They are held accountable for their actions every three years when they run for election to make these decisions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the advice Josh!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

really? hide behind the law that forbids the school board from disclosing personal information about employees? and your solution is to vote in reasonable board members that will disclose personal information? maybe the board of ed would rather spend it's time on the education and needs of the over 99% of the students that do not play varsity lacrosse. things like building maintenance, personnel, security ect. this is just lacrosse.

They are held accountable for their actions every three years when they run for election to make these decisions.

That was my point. Vote in Board members who are aligned with your/our beliefs and values. That is the only way to hold them accountable...vote them out and your guy in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gets my vote.
Only one of them that will take a public stand.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gets my vote.
Only one of them that will take a public stand.

++++++++++++++++

Read that letter carefully, especially the last sentence. It may not be as supportive as you think.

This is the same guy who was taking a public stand against competitive HS sports in favor of a HS sports program focusing more on participation a few years back.

At the end of the day the guy is a politician.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you really want to post and defend the Manhasset coach, get some information first. Anyone who knows what went on understands why they needed to replace him. He made some really bad decisions surrounding two of his sons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JL publicly in support of JC...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JL publicly in support of JL - this is along the lines of any article that starts out "Republicans oppose Obama ....." or " Israel oppose PLO" - the kid is too cute by half, he is just going to be opposed to the board and the board president every chance he gets, I would bet that if JC had never been told that he wasn't being renewed JL would have been leading the charge against him, like he did 3 years ago.

By the way JL stands for Josh lafazan and JC for John Calabria, I am not sure the need to use initials for public figures.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NILCA event is a horror!!!! Wast of time and money. If your kid is planning to go to community college it was the place to be. Said there would be 40 coaches more like 12.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yup. New letter. Very clear.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They said 40 were signed up and it sounds like 1/2 of them showed and mostly D3
NILCA event is a horror!!!! Wast of time and money. If your kid is planning to go to community college it was the place to be. Said there would be 40 coaches more like 12.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JL publicly in support of JL - this is along the lines of any article that starts out "Republicans oppose Obama ....." or " Israel oppose PLO" - the kid is too cute by half, he is just going to be opposed to the board and the board president every chance he gets, I would bet that if JC had never been told that he wasn't being renewed JL would have been leading the charge against him, like he did 3 years ago.

By the way JL stands for Josh lafazan and JC for John Calabria, I am not sure the need to use initials for public figures.

++++++++++++++++++

And what does TR stand for? Teddy Roosevelt?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
High School Boys team is 2-2 and has made it to the quarter finals. They beat New England and Pennsylvania lost to Illinois and Carolina by 1. Will be playing Ohio in the 1st game of the quarters. Good luck to all the boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
High School Boys team is 2-2 and has made it to the quarter finals. They beat New England and Pennsylvania lost to Illinois and Carolina by 1. Will be playing Ohio in the 1st game of the quarters. Good luck to all the boys.

You might want to use the quote function so readers might know what you are referring to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

d bag remark your child is too good to consider D3 ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

d bag remark your child is too good to consider D3 ?

mostly community colleges. It was a really bad event. There were no D3 schools of significance. Lower end event. Kids were laughing about how bad it was.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not sure what that means...was the lacrosse bad or just the number and type of colleges watching?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

++++++++++++++++++

The Rat

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

++++++++++++++++++

The Rat

Very appropriate!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not sure what that means...was the lacrosse bad or just the number and type of colleges watching?

Lacrosse was fine. Kids had fun. It was a pure money grab. 12 coaches showed not the 40 that were promised. The 12 were not from any of the top D1 programs and none from the top D3 programs. Most from community colleges. Best part was a certain Coach kept his team on the turf for all 3 games. Guess which field the coaches were on? You got it the turf. So if there was a school a player was so interested in they may have had only 1 chance to play in front of the 12 that were there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems the High School Boys did a great job at the Brine event. Congratulations on winning the event. Way to represent Long Island boys. Now beat the Canadians in the Brogdan Cup.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems the High School Boys did a great job at the Brine event. Congratulations on winning the event. Way to represent Long Island boys. Now beat the Canadians in the Brogdan Cup.

How come nobody has complained about the Brine National try-out process? Was it run in a fair manner?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats to the High School boys and also the 2020 and 22/23 winners. Long Island took 3 of the 4 boys divisions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How come nobody has complained about the Brine National try-out process? Was it run in a fair manner?

Nobody cares about Brine anymore it has become irrelevant because of more competitive showcases.

Page 75 of 77 1 2 73 74 75 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard