BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,579
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 55 of 70 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 69 70
Re: Boys 2023-5th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Additionally the post still rings true. Most parents are still normal. But the minority of crazy parents still cast a huge shadow on what is becoming less of an enjoyable sport.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought it was pretty funny. Remember, they booed Santa at a Jets game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Granny, I heard you yelling at my kid on the field the other day. Are you the one who yelled out "You Suck #"?

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Starting next season it is no longer legit! US lacrosse came out with age guidelines and that kid now has to play in the year he was born!! Sorry to break up your great team full of hold backs but it's about time Lacrosse gets out of the Wild West. Nothing worst than seeing a team 2 ft taller that just came to a tournament to make a name. Soccer does it right with ID cards for the players and a roster that is submitted at the beginnings of the season. Time for Lax to level the playing field so we know who the real A teams are!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She's as much a grandma as Igloo only playing grade appropriate kids. Both are false.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your real funny (donkey kong), i did"t mean your wive

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Starting next season it is no longer legit! US lacrosse came out with age guidelines and that kid now has to play in the year he was born!! Sorry to break up your great team full of hold backs but it's about time Lacrosse gets out of the Wild West. Nothing worst than seeing a team 2 ft taller that just came to a tournament to make a name. Soccer does it right with ID cards for the players and a roster that is submitted at the beginnings of the season. Time for Lax to level the playing field so we know who the real A teams are!!

You're delusional. It'll never happen. US Lacrosse has about as much influence on LI lacrosse as I do. Maybe less.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is already happening in a lot of states & I would assume it will catch on more & more. It would be nice to at least get some sort of age verification so its not so "Wild West".

US Lacrosse has age based sanctioned tournaments. They need to get more of these locally & families need to start entering their kids into these tournaments.

#LADM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They should definitely have the younger kids by age but I wonder as they get older it should be by class because that's how they'll be recruited? The goal (aside from making $$) of the top programs on LI and Maryland is to get these kids into schools they otherwise wouldn't get in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is already happening in a lot of states & I would assume it will catch on more & more. It would be nice to at least get some sort of age verification so its not so "Wild West".

US Lacrosse has age based sanctioned tournaments. They need to get more of these locally & families need to start entering their kids into these tournaments.

#LADM

It's only relevant at the youth level. Once these kids hit 7th grade they will be playing against each other whether they're 12, 13 or 14. All you crazies think that the youth level that our boys play at means something. It doesn't. It's irrelevant. I'd rather have my son plying against the best kids in his grade because that's how it going to be from 7th-12th grade, and possibly beyond.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#LADM

Families don't enter their kids in tournaments, the clubs do. And clubs in MD and LI like grade-based teams. US Lacrosse can pass all the guidelines it wants. Until this year they still recommended U-9, U-11, U-13. Everyone stopped following that a while ago.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you were right about that then why does every club make it mandatory that your kid has a US Lacrosse ID number? Because of the insurance it provides your kid. So with that comes power. What US Lacrosse needs to do is add a stipulation that their insurance is only covering players who participates in US Lacrosse rules based tournaments. So now if your kid gets hurt in some NLF tournament their is no insurance and maybe now the parent whose kid gets injured can sue the tournament for injuries occurred by a player 2 years older!! Do you want to see how fast everyone conforms then!! Insurance is too expensive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TLI forfeit at best of best? How come?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you were right about that then why does every club make it mandatory that your kid has a US Lacrosse ID number? Because of the insurance it provides your kid. So with that comes power. What US Lacrosse needs to do is add a stipulation that their insurance is only covering players who participates in US Lacrosse rules based tournaments. So now if your kid gets hurt in some NLF tournament their is no insurance and maybe now the parent whose kid gets injured can sue the tournament for injuries occurred by a player 2 years older!! Do you want to see how fast everyone conforms then!! Insurance is too expensive.

I have three kids playing travel and not one of them has a valid US Lacrosse ID number. Most people fudge that because they know that no one will ever check it. If you're so afraid of your fifth grader playing against a sixth grader then maybe contact sports are just not for you. An the only kid I know that has every played against kids 2 years older is a certain kid that play up on Crush. Bother wise, that 2 years older garbage is a myth perpetrated on this site so that parents can justify how a kid could be so much better than their little superstar. FYI, skill beats size every time. Some of the best kids I've seen play at our age group have been undersized. Very tough, but undersized. Toughness is a necessary requirement in contact sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No show.
TLI forfeit at best of best? How come?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have three kids playing travel and not one of them has a valid US Lacrosse ID number. Most people fudge that because they know that no one will ever check it. If you're so afraid of your fifth grader playing against a sixth grader then maybe contact sports are just not for you. An the only kid I know that has every played against kids 2 years older is a certain kid that play up on Crush. Bother wise, that 2 years older garbage is a myth perpetrated on this site so that parents can justify how a kid could be so much better than their little superstar. FYI, skill beats size every time. Some of the best kids I've seen play at our age group have been undersized. Very tough, but undersized. Toughness is a necessary requirement in contact sports.

Than why doesn't this mentality apply in equal force to the kid playing "down" by being a holdback? Why isn't that kid asked to toughen up? And complaints about kids having to play against older kids are not limited to size. The older kids also are advantaged in areas of speed, quickness, stick skills, aggression, and sports IQ.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A myth? Just check the UA rosters for this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A myth? Just check the UA rosters for this weekend.

5th graders at UA? No.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Than why doesn't this mentality apply in equal force to the kid playing "down" by being a holdback? Why isn't that kid asked to toughen up? And complaints about kids having to play against older kids are not limited to size. The older kids also are advantaged in areas of speed, quickness, stick skills, aggression, and sports IQ.

Chances are the "holdback" entered school at the same time your future hall of gamer did. He's likely been playing lax just as long as your boy. He's probably 4 months older and works a lot harder than your kid. Change your tampton and stop complaining. This is how it is now and forever has been.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny. I see what you did there. By referencing a tampon, you are implying that I am female. And being female means that I'm not tough and that I complain for no reason. I get it. You are the man and so that means you have all the answers.
But let me take a stab at guessing more about you. Your son is a holdback. And you are insecure about it. Find a good therapist. And just accept that some kids need to cheat to level the playing field. Yours, for example, Don't blame yourself. It's a good chance he's not yours. And if by some luck he is, I can only assume that your brilliant reasoning served you well at Suffolk Community College. Which means you probably won't understand this post. By the way, I said fill it up with the premium gas buddy. Get it straight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S has the best defense in 2023. Every week has the least goals against.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow , that's great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]S2S has the best defense in 2023. Every week has the least goals against

I guess the 10 goals they gave up last weekend against laxachusetts doesn't count ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S has the best defense in 2023. Every week has the least goals against.

They are a decent team. Not the best defense in 2023. They aren'tconsistent. Some games are off the chart and others are terrible. They are a brand new team. They may grow into one of the best if they can hold it together.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard from a friend whos kid is on LI Empire that they are starting Nassau County teams. Anyone have details in this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard from a friend whos kid is on LI Empire that they are starting Nassau County teams. Anyone have details in this?

Didn't realize they were only considered a Suffolk team. I know a nassau kid that plays for them. Their 2023 team isn't very good. Wonder where they will practice for the Nassau teams. Unless they get really good coaches they will have trouble taking the nassau talent that already plays on other teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know where you get your info. reg. the Empire 2023 team as not being good. The Green team has a bunch of good, talented players that are starting to gel as a group. Being a second year program they are coming into their own....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The green team is good, their second team is b/c level. Just like most programs 2 different level teams. Nothing wrong with that. I am sure a few nassau kids, but most are suffolk and they practice way out there. Nassau side teams will practice and have mostly nassau kids. Hard to say where all the new kids will come from though. Cant imagine they will be high caliber to start.

So how many orgs/teams will 91 be rinning out there? Their own, empire suffolk, empire nassau, fighting ducks.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know where you get your info. reg. the Empire 2023 team as not being good. The Green team has a bunch of good, talented players that are starting to gel as a group. Being a second year program they are coming into their own....

Love when I hit a nerve. Little Johnny's team isn't that good. It's ok. We are talking about 5rh grade lax!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
News Flash!! Little Johnny's team is good and is getting better...Yes it is 5th grade Lacrosse and yes there are other programs that are growing and will/are competing with others!!
Reality check

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Baltimore Crabs really had a nice showing at Young Guns this weekend. Beat Igloo twice...Putting the 410 at the top for 2023's

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what are the top 5 2023 travel teams?

Outlaws, 91, Express, Legacy, Igloo
Maryland teams Baltimore Crabs, Bethesda, Annapolis Hawks, PA teams Brotherly Love

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Baltimore Crabs really had a nice showing at Young Guns this weekend. Beat Igloo twice...Putting the 410 at the top for 2023's
Yes they did...Impressive wins against Brotherly Love, Bethesda, and Igloo.... One of the toughest tournaments I have ever seen. Their road to the championship was incredible....Quality team and Impressive wins

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, Ive heard that LI Empire wants to start up Nassau as well for all age levels. Will be nice to have more Nassau based teams! Good luck to them!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny. I see what you did there. By referencing a tampon, you are implying that I am female. And being female means that I'm not tough and that I complain for no reason. I get it. You are the man and so that means you have all the answers.
But let me take a stab at guessing more about you. Your son is a holdback. And you are insecure about it. Find a good therapist. And just accept that some kids need to cheat to level the playing field. Yours, for example, Don't blame yourself. It's a good chance he's not yours. And if by some luck he is, I can only assume that your brilliant reasoning served you well at Suffolk Community College. Which means you probably won't understand this post. By the way, I said fill it up with the premium gas buddy. Get it straight.

I'm willing to bet some of the moms on this board could easily give many of the dads a beat down. Some probably have. Hence all the anger from the shattered male egos. Your weakness is pathetic. Probably where your boy learned it from.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to Igloo the new # 1 team in America with the Warriors a close#2. Best of luck the rest of the summer.
Slow down on the #1 team in America talk....Really Long Island parents need to check themselves. Baltimore Crabs made Igloo look silly this past weekend beating them twice....Just saying....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, Ive heard that LI Empire wants to start up Nassau as well for all age levels. Will be nice to have more Nassau based teams! Good luck to them!

False. Tryouts and practices are in Mt Sinai

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

False. Tryouts and practices are in Mt Sinai

Expect there to be a Nassau component, FACT.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your false is false. At least one coach already in the fold. Really not a big enough deal to have to deny it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to Igloo the new # 1 team in America with the Warriors a close#2. Best of luck the rest of the summer.
Slow down on the #1 team in America talk....Really Long Island parents need to check themselves. Baltimore Crabs made Igloo look silly this past weekend beating them twice....Just saying....

Slow down there. That's a very broad brush you paint with. You think all 10,000 of us got on a conference call to decide how we would post this? Put down the crab cakes and talk to the one igloo parent that posted this. Bandits still 1, the rest a scrum.

Page 55 of 70 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard