BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,246
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 46 of 47 1 2 44 45 46 47
Re: Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best response I heard from a coach in preparation for next year was to have fun and enjoy the summer! Watching the 2018's and 2017's play I think they are burned out and less interested.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, stop traveling (or occupying) every weekend. They need decompress time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is a 2019 and having good conversations with several schools that he is interested in attending as are many of his teammates. He played a full HS season and had little to no break before Club ball started. He said no to JR and the rest of the showcases because he is playing in 5 tourneys this summer with his HS and Club teams. Nearly all of his teammates are doing the same thing. They need breaks from playing and my wallet needs a break from fees, hotels and restaurants. I can see doing the summer showcases if you live in a non hotbed area but we live in the DC area. The same coaches at JR, Black Card and Showtime are at Big 4, Crabfeast, NHSLS, ect. The lacrosse is better at the tournaments than it is at the showcases too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what is the normal process for these conversations? is it through the coach? serious question, just wondering how it goes down

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spoken by the parent/s of players who are are not the ones making the cut. As for the poster who turned down: Blackcard,JR,UA, Showtime I say you are not truthful.

Even 91 & Express top commits in 2019 & 2018 are going to one of the aforementioned.

Enjoy your family this summer and I will enjoy mine.

Best of luck to your son. My son loves this game and is playing and having fun.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have any experience with the Fab Frosh showcase in CT held the end of July?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a coach from the staff will reach out to your club and/or high school coach. They will either tell him they are going to keep looking at your boy but are interested, and want to learn a little more about him, or they may give the club/HS coach their phone number and ask your son to call him and talk about the potential of being a student athlete at the respective school. After some conversations,they may set up an unofficial visit. it usually doesn't progress to official visits by the pure definition of the term with lacrosse recruits but you may be asked to stay overnight. we let our son do the talking unless it was logistical stuff like visits, timing, etc. In our experience the coaches wanted to talk to the recruit and not so much the parents, but you have every right to ask to speak to him. My recommendation, have your boy text before the call to "set up the time". But don't get frustrated if it takes days for them to answer (assuming its a 2019). good luck
Originally Posted by Anonymous
what is the normal process for these conversations? is it through the coach? serious question, just wondering how it goes down

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a coach from the staff will reach out to your club and/or high school coach. They will either tell him they are going to keep looking at your boy but are interested, and want to learn a little more about him, or they may give the club/HS coach their phone number and ask your son to call him and talk about the potential of being a student athlete at the respective school. After some conversations,they may set up an unofficial visit. it usually doesn't progress to official visits by the pure definition of the term with lacrosse recruits but you may be asked to stay overnight. we let our son do the talking unless it was logistical stuff like visits, timing, etc. In our experience the coaches wanted to talk to the recruit and not so much the parents, but you have every right to ask to speak to him. My recommendation, have your boy text before the call to "set up the time". But don't get frustrated if it takes days for them to answer (assuming its a 2019). good luck

As per the NCAA guidelines if the school contacts the player it is an official visit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard there was a full blown parent brawl at the IL Invitational between the Annapolis Hawks and the 90 One 2019s? Any truth to this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard there was a full blown parent brawl at the IL Invitational between the Annapolis Hawks and the 90 One 2019s? Any truth to this?

2nd Round tonight at 6 on TV. Michael Buffer is flying in.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doubt it. They are at Naptown. Not IL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spoken by the parent/s of players who are are not the ones making the cut. As for the poster who turned down: Blackcard,JR,UA, Showtime I say you are not truthful.

Even 91 & Express top commits in 2019 & 2018 are going to one of the aforementioned.

Enjoy your family this summer and I will enjoy mine.

Best of luck to your son. My son loves this game and is playing and having fun.

I agree, and think your foolish if you turn all down, that said doing one is what most of the better players are.at the least doing. Some more but for my son he is starting to hate the grind. And questioning why.

The college coaches more so planted that seed of why do you play tournaments every weekend and at times 6+ games. Does nothing for the coaches and is burning out the kids.

I hope we are smarter with our younger ones. I'd probably still pay the $$ for less travel. Maybe more practices less tournaments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes, it happened.

Naptown is terrible tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Explain how it's a terrible tournament. I heard great fields, top coaches, quality teams minus one or two. championship on tv. quote=Anonymous]yes, it happened.

Naptown is terrible tournament. [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doubt it. They are at Naptown. Not IL

It was Naptown. Coaches and parents got into it. Much better behaved in championship on tv. Total reversal of 1st game. 9d1 over Hawks in championship after bad loss to Hawks two days earlier.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Naptown is terrible because it's midweek, who holds a midweek tournament? Huge scheduling gaps, locations spread over wide area. Instead of making it easy on college coaches, they make it very hard for them to see multiple games/kids. If you think fields are okay, try Kent Island. Promise of tv didn't turn out to well either, did it Genius?
Oh yeah, and then the fight WITH THE HOST TEAM PARENTS!
They forgot who the customer is.
Strong Island wont be back

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Naptown is terrible because it's midweek, who holds a midweek tournament? Huge scheduling gaps, locations spread over wide area. Instead of making it easy on college coaches, they make it very hard for them to see multiple games/kids. If you think fields are okay, try Kent Island. Promise of tv didn't turn out to well either, did it Genius?
Oh yeah, and then the fight WITH THE HOST TEAM PARENTS!
They forgot who the customer is.
Strong Island wont be back

The TV coverage was outstanding. Quint Kssenich and Evan Wahburn did a great job. Did you watch?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what station was this on? just curious, thx in advance

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CSN mid Atlantic Chanel 642 on direct tv

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I got to see a real display of class today. At the Warrior LI Classic. A Long Beach player was talking trash all game, and there was back and forth between parents on both teams and the refs. The loudmouth defenseman was sent off the field and his classy father ran onto the field in an attempt to get the ref. As he was held back by other parents, he fought to get at the ref. Lots of class all around Nassau's finest had to make an appearance. Stay classy folks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Naptown was great. The 2020 semifinals had 10 or more D1 coaches on the sideline. I'd encourage my club owner to sign up next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Platinum Cup, Big 4, Crabfeast and Naptown are the best tournaments. The best teams are there and the sidelines are filled with coaches. There were 4 tournaments this weekend and the talent and coaches were diluted at all of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I got to see a real display of class today. At the Warrior LI Classic. A Long Beach player was talking trash all game, and there was back and forth between parents on both teams and the refs. The loudmouth defenseman was sent off the field and his classy father ran onto the field in an attempt to get the ref. As he was held back by other parents, he fought to get at the ref. Lots of class all around Nassau's finest had to make an appearance. Stay classy folks

Heard about this, what an embarrassment and how crazy that refs have to worry about being attacked because parents don't teach their kids to keep their mouths shut especially when adults (refs) tell them to. No matter who is right it's called respect, lets teach our kids that....seems to be lacking these days, a lot of these kids aren't afraid of any kind of authority. Obviously you can see what is being taught in that house when you see how the dad took matters into his own hands. And what a waste of time for the police department to have to get involved in such nonsense.... too bad the kid and dad didn't do an overnight in lock up to teach them a lesson on what a silly situation the whole thing was and how they escalated the entire thing lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard about this, what an embarrassment and how crazy that refs have to worry about being attacked because parents don't teach their kids to keep their mouths shut especially when adults (refs) tell them to. No matter who is right it's called respect, lets teach our kids that....seems to be lacking these days, a lot of these kids aren't afraid of any kind of authority. Obviously you can see what is being taught in that house when you see how the dad took matters into his own hands. And what a waste of time for the police department to have to get involved in such nonsense.... too bad the kid and dad didn't do an overnight in lock up to teach them a lesson on what a silly situation the whole thing was and how they escalated the entire thing lol

By the time the cops arrived, Dad had already taken his kid and high tailed it back to LB. Leaving the team behind to play another game. You don't have to wonder how the kid got the way he is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By the time the cops arrived, Dad had already taken his kid and high tailed it back to LB. Leaving the team behind to play another game. You don't have to wonder how the kid got the way he is.

Figures.....what a tough guy coward. Too scared to wait around for the cops to show up and ran with his tail between his legs. Another proud parental teaching moment on the lacrosse field. Let's hope he stays hiding in Long Beach where he belongs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
did he learn from the loudmouth , authority from LB a couple of years ago?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how is the Brine games going for LI. they have a 1pm must win or else they are out of the brackets

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how is the Brine games going for LI. they have a 1pm must win or else they are out of the brackets

They went 2-2 and are out of bracket play. Virginia and Connecticut went 4-0 in pool play. Virginia plays Pennsylvania, Connecticut plays Illinois in the first round tomorrow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have first hand feedback from the Warrior Prospect Event?
How many coaches were there?
What schools were represented?
Were the teams balanced?

Compared to UA, Jake Reed, Platnium Cup was it on that level?

I already read that the HS Boys team for LI won the Brine event. I do not know any of the players who were selected, so I have no one to ask.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son played on the Brine HSB team and there were very few coaches in attendance at the event for both Brine and Warrior.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about FCA? U15 US Lacrosse National Champions!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was one game that was well attended by coaches - the Brine All Star 2017-2018 game. There were at least a dozen coaches.

As far as I can tell, the people handing out jerseys did not pay attention to the pre-printed rosters for any of the Brine All Star games so what good it did to have college coaches on the sideline without being able to identify players . . . definitely better attended than the Warrior All Star game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats Dad!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They went 2-2 and are out of bracket play. Virginia and Connecticut went 4-0 in pool play. Virginia plays Pennsylvania, Connecticut plays Illinois in the first round tomorrow.

sounds like both of the 2019 teams from last year fared better than this one team? the brine tryout evaluators screwed this up so bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

sounds like both of the 2019 teams from last year fared better than this one team? the brine tryout evaluators screwed this up so bad.

how can you pin this on the evaluators.

Last year's 2019 LI team was an extremely talented and special team. Don't try and compare year to year, cant be done. Heck the Pride game last year had some good lacrosse. This year, many players realized last year you cant, nor should do everything. So please don't pin this on Evaluators or process. Sure some might have missed the cut that could have helped but don't go and compare the teams.

You want to do this rising Freshman and Rising Sr. and LI did what they had to in those years. Isnt the Sophomore year just a year or so old anyway. Hope all that went had fun playing extra lacrosse in a great venue (although hot).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Were the teams balanced?

I already read that the HS Boys team for LI won the Brine event. I do not know any of the players who were selected, so I have no one to ask.

Several of our son's friends were selected to the Brine all star team, they said there were more college coaches at that game then some of their games at Jake Reed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Were the teams balanced?

Several of our son's friends were selected to the Brine all star team, they said there were more college coaches at that game then some of their games at Jake Reed.

I can say from experience (and still going through it) prospect days offer the best chance for exposure. A lot of schools are having their final summer prospect day this week. I like prospect days because your son can pick the school he wants to attend and then go to the prospect day and see if can play lax for them. If nothing else, they are all well run and offer a great experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LMAO, you mean the FCA team with one or two kids that actually play for FCA on it? Did the same thing last year, loaded up on commits from all over the country and won it against a diluted field. Relax dad its not a real National championship.......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LMAO, you mean the FCA team with one or two kids that actually play for FCA on it? Did the same thing last year, loaded up on commits from all over the country and won it against a diluted field. Relax dad its not a real National championship.......

See you at the next National Championship - Dicks TOC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FCA is a funny oxymoron. They are the worst cheaters we've ever come across. During a tournament in MD last fall, they borrowed a FOGO from another team because ours dominated theirs in our first game. The coach yelled at one of our players in the hand shake line for not saying "good game" and one of their players hammed up a few penalties (push in the back) and then pointed at our bench and laughed.

Christian Athletes? In name only.

Page 46 of 47 1 2 44 45 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard