BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 45 of 47 1 2 43 44 45 46 47
Re: Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Actually 2 kids from Massapequa got screwed. The Attack and the middie.
Rules said you had to show to move on or be considered, conflict or not, no exceptions. Giving spots to those who don't show? If I were a 2019 attackman I would ask for a refund.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you don't think they check DOB at the World U19 tournament?

Read slowly... That many 2017's made the team? Because they're better than all the 2015's? No they're the same age as the 2015's that made it. And most of your 2015's are way too old.

Any kids on Edge 2017 are born in the 1998.

Where are the top US club programs DOB listed? How old are the Crabs 2017s?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rules said you had to show to move on or be considered, conflict or not, no exceptions. Giving spots to those who don't show? If I were a 2019 attackman I would ask for a refund.

Not sure I read where it said you had to "show", my email said you needed to be registered and checked in the first night, never said the player had to be in person or play the first day.

Rules or not, 5 or 6 attack or not, Middie from 'pequa got screwed more than any attackman. Middie was one of the best players on the field. I also believe there was a Middie no show as well. Wonder how many "no shows" of both days actually made the team.

Of attack that showed at least 1 day, the next best 3 attackmen (4?/5/6) didn't necessarily differentiate themselves as 4?, 5 or 6, but were hands down better at the tryout than the "no show" and "another".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A post on the HS blog stated why even show up if things are pre determined, I am not sure if things are predetermined or not but don't let this get you down.

There is always the uncommitted games. All hope is not lost, just because there are obstacles and things you do not see eye to eye never give up. It is not how you fall but how you rise up!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The main page for UA says "Players selected to the 22 player roster must have registered and checked in on the first day of the tryout. No exceptions." And then if you do some searching (and call the organizers who tell you where to look buried in the FAQs) you find " Player must submit and official letter documenting excuse for missing to lacrosse@corrigansports.com at least one week before tryout. All requests will be reviewed and Player may be granted special permission and instruction to check in on day two of the tryout." So there no exceptions except for the exceptions. Or you can parse words and "check in" to get your pinnie and then head to the All County Dinner with plenty of time to spare.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just checked uncomit game list. There is no mass middie listed? Found 3 express ? whats up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The main page for UA says "Players selected to the 22 player roster must have registered and checked in on the first day of the tryout. No exceptions." And then if you do some searching (and call the organizers who tell you where to look buried in the FAQs) you find " Player must submit and official letter documenting excuse for missing to lacrosse@corrigansports.com at least one week before tryout. All requests will be reviewed and Player may be granted special permission and instruction to check in on day two of the tryout." So there no exceptions except for the exceptions. Or you can parse words and "check in" to get your pinnie and then head to the All County Dinner with plenty of time to spare.

Am I correct in saying half the team is from the Catholic league? A little odd . Almost like Nassau team having half the kids from GC and Massapequa..which is worse???? I love the system

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just checked uncomit game list. There is no mass middie listed? Found 3 express ? whats up?

I agree, it is a shame that Massapequa kid didn't get a look here. I too thought he was one of the best on the field. Maybe he is committed. who knows, maybe thats why he isnt list on uncommitted team. Stranger things have been known to happen.

As far as 2019 middies, I only see 1 exprees & 1 4 Love, and a 91 Golaie. Only 3 from LI out of the 40 on the uncommitted?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree, it is a shame that Massapequa kid didn't get a look here. I too thought he was one of the best on the field. Maybe he is committed. who knows, maybe thats why he isnt list on uncommitted team. Stranger things have been known to happen.

As far as 2019 middies, I only see 1 exprees & 1 4 Love, and a 91 Golaie. Only 3 from LI out of the 40 on the uncommitted?

I heard they thought the size wasn't there so they needed the others ..Every team is different

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard they thought the size wasn't there so they needed the others ..Every team is different

What please explain, size meaning qty who showed up participated or size as in strength Height of the player.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of the goalies made team, didn't go to day one of trouts how does that work ? Oh yeah $$$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]One of the goalies made team, didn't go to day one of trouts how does that work ? Oh yeah $$$ [/quote

Goalie made which team???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of the goalies made team, didn't go to day one of trouts how does that work ? Oh yeah $$$

I guess it works well... :~} (Sorry, couldn't help myself).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many of you knew the Tewaaraton trophy was only 15 years old. Pretty interesting, as old as many of our boys. Although some may say it was it the works a few years prior. It was first present in 2001. Some interesting facts you learn during these things.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love the fact that the under armour uncommitted 2019 team has a kid from Florida with a December 99 birthdate. I find that pathetic. Of course you look good playing against kids that much younger.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trust me , no one is buying their way on a 2019 team anymore. Maybe 2/3 years ago. Not when the sidelines of the AA teams are lined with college coaches. How many did u see at Laxfest ?

The NJ "Evaluators" were directors or coaches of 4 well-known club teams. They supposedly can't nominate their own players, but they sure as [lacrosse] can agree to nominate each others. A shameful conflict of interest, considering that for every kid they get placed on the roster they can charge an extra $300 per head for whole program the following year. The roster is almost evenly divided by kids either from those 4 teams or headed to those teams at some point this month.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trust me , no one is buying their way on a 2019 team anymore. Maybe 2/3 years ago. Not when the sidelines of the AA teams are lined with college coaches. How many did u see at Laxfest ?

The NJ "Evaluators" were directors or coaches of 4 well-known club teams. They supposedly can't nominate their own players, but they sure as [lacrosse] can agree to nominate each others. A shameful conflict of interest, considering that for every kid they get placed on the roster they can charge an extra $300 per head for whole program the following year. The roster is almost evenly divided by kids either from those 4 teams or headed to those teams at some point this month.

This event is a complete waste of time and money if you do not have a coach/sponsor in the evaluator mix

Defines Money Grab. Shamful

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love the fact that the under armour uncommitted 2019 team has a kid from Florida with a December 99 birthdate. I find that pathetic. Of course you look good playing against kids that much younger.

If you look at the listed DOB for all the players in the 2019 uncommitted game, 12 of the 48 would not make the new US Lacrosse age cutoff of September 1st.

One player has a listed DOB of 9/10/99... Meaning he is only 10 days away from missing the date cutoff for 2018s.

No wonder clubs don't want to move to an age based system.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At Crabfeast this weekend, Madlax 2019 will include a 2018 kid who is thinking abut doing a PG year. Not sure, but thinking about it.

Think about that when your team plays Madlax 2019 this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Guys. Edge Dad here. Just checking in to say hello and wishing all you Long Island dads all the best this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your team faces Madlax 2019 this weekend, make sure to ask their parents why they have a 2018 kids on their team who is still enrolled in the class of 2018.

Publicly shaming them is the only way to stop this nonsense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your team faces Madlax 2019 this weekend, make sure to ask their parents why they have a 2018 kids on their team who is still enrolled in the class of 2018.

Publicly shaming them is the only way to stop this nonsense.

If they had any sense of shame, do you think they would do it. Nobody cares anymore. There is no integrity, just do what you feel you must to get ahead.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone please tell me who I should be paying off to get my son a spot at Jake Reed?

This is a serious question.

3 players miraculously got invited to attend next week.

They did not fly to FL, rent a car for 3 days, spend 2-3 days at hotels, meals, beverages and snacks at blue chip,tips for hotel, airport, etc.

The boys never missed a day from school

I, too, am willing to pay in order not to incur the hassle, headache and worry that my son is not going to make it.

3 days easily cost me $1300.

My son does have the peace of mind that he made it on his own merit.

Can anyone, especially the parents of the players who miraculously were granted a spot reply.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone please tell me who I should be paying off to get my son a spot at Jake Reed?

They did not fly to FL, rent a car for 3 days, spend 2-3 days at hotels, meals, beverages and snacks at blue chip,tips for hotel, airport, etc.

I, too, am willing to pay in order not to incur the hassle, headache and worry that my son is not going to make it.

Can anyone, especially the parents of the players who miraculously were granted a spot reply.

Maybe if your son was a better player, you would have the answer too!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where can I find the list? I need a good laugh.
I googled Jake Reed 2019 and got last years list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JACKASS, I told you my son GOT INVITED ON HOS OWN MERIT.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The epidemic of moronic hater dads living through their kids is sad. This ignorant fool doesn't read what he responds to and feels better about himself after doing so.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Can anyone please tell me who I should be paying off to get my son a spot at Jake Reed?

JACKASS, I told you my son GOT INVITED ON HOS OWN MERIT. [/quot

The same kids get invited to all these things. You would think there were only 100 good lacrosse players out there .Lol..between Ty writing about the same kids after each showcase and the Jake Reed stuff. Maybe Ty can do a little checking around and find the diamond in the rough kids instead of posting things on the same kids over and over. Come up with some new material for us to look at. But that might be asking too much. I guarantee there are plenty of kids out there that are just as good but not on the same 5 or 6 teams he talks about

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JACKA*%, I told you my son GOT INVITED ON HIS OWN MERIT.

The question remains:

Whom did you pay to have your son invited one week prior to the event?

I know plenty of players who tried out who are gifted, play for top clubs, and were not invited after spending $$$$ and time off from school and work. If you let us know who to hand the money over to, I am sure these players would be delighted to pack today to meet your son on the field. They are deserving of a spot also.

Don't give me the Direct Invite BS either. Those went out months ago. I know 2 players who recieved direct invites before Jan.

I am looking forward to your response.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You said he didn't get a free pass MORON, so he made it, yippee, but he obviously wasn't in the tier of players who didn't have to bother. It's either because of his ability or your parenting that he didn't get the break.

Based on your dumb post and then your even dumber reaction, I think the spotlight might need to be on you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PS

If you cant handle the $1,300, don't go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watched one of the kids Xanders was touting about, and if this is recruiting film, the competition these top recruits outside of the East coast go against, anybody could look like a super star.

I saw better competition in bottom half of both Nassau Suffolk Conferences

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You said he didn't get a free pass MORON, so he made it, yippee, but he obviously wasn't in the tier of players who didn't have to bother. It's either because of his ability or your parenting that he didn't get the break.

Based on your dumb post and then your even dumber reaction, I think the spotlight might need to be on you.

Jake uses a network of HS and Club coaches to recommend players based upon skill. This isn't a perfect system but many of those direct invites are generated from these referrals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This isn't waiting in line for concert tickets first come first served. If mr X from 88+3 says I have 3 kids u need to see then they will be invited. If they deserve it who cares.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This isn't waiting in line for concert tickets first come first served. If mr X from 88+3 says I have 3 kids u need to see then they will be invited. If they deserve it who cares.

The parents of the players who spent &$$$, took time off from work and missed school.

The wondering/ worrying of your son made the cut--he played well, was told he did well---

All could be avoided if you knew who to payoff.

No way this player/s are superstars who came into their own one week prior to check-in at UMBC.

So please, stop justifying the fact that the Directie was paid off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The parents of the players who spent &$$$, took time off from work and missed school.

The wondering/ worrying of your son made the cut--he played well, was told he did well---

All could be avoided if you knew who to payoff.

No way this player/s are superstars who came into their own one week prior to check-in at UMBC.

So please, stop justifying the fact that the Directie was paid off.

I've been to plenty of showcases where a kid makes the all star team and isn't even at the showcase but was signed up..what does that tell you. Some kids that have already verbally committed ( whatever weight that has) will not be the best at their position for their age come senior year of HS and certainly not college. If you are fortunate enough to be one of the in kids or parents take the money. You can always say you lost interest when your not playing or say it wasn't a good fit. Only the parents are the ones for some reason feel embarrassed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one is "paid off". Some kids are just that good. You think Mr X from 91 is going to send an underachiever to JR with his reputation ?? No. The kids who get the automatic invites are the best of the best. Deal with it. Since when is this whole process fair anyway ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one is "paid off". Some kids are just that good. You think Mr X from 91 is going to send an underachiever to JR with his reputation ?? No. The kids who get the automatic invites are the best of the best. Deal with it. Since when is this whole process fair anyway ?

YES, I know Mr C is sending an under achieving attackman to JR. The kid is at my hotel.

He did not go to FL. He is adequate- at best. $$$$$$ talks and MC listens.
I agree, best of the best get direct invite. That was back in February. Not last Friday, 6/23.

No where did o question fairness. I know how that goes.

Once again, I am asking:

Whom do I drop my envelop off to?

That way I do not have to take time off from work dmf my son does not need to miss classes.

He can just want up at registration and pick up his pinney.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YES, I know Mr C is sending an under achieving attackman to JR. The kid is at my hotel.

He did not go to FL. He is adequate- at best. $$$$$$ talks and MC listens.
I agree, best of the best get direct invite. That was back in February. Not last Friday, 6/23.

No where did o question fairness. I know how that goes.

Once again, I am asking:

Whom do I drop my envelop off to?

That way I do not have to take time off from work dmf my son does not need to miss classes.

He can just want up at registration and pick up his pinney.

If your boy was good enough, and if your head was out of your rump so you could get the secret signal, then the guy who takes the $$$$ would let you know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what I think is funny is so many boys trying to do everything. JR Maverick UA Brine camps tournaments. Re-lax, slow it down. You cant do it all. Although some may have gotten the pass to JR and Maverick I do think many were missed some sure but not many.

Stop the madness, thank God for the Black-Out period for the holiday. This will at least let some stay at home and enjoy the holiday. Great beach weekend, enjoy the beach with your friends or even ride a bike and get lost around town!

Page 45 of 47 1 2 43 44 45 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard