BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 248 of 327 1 2 246 247 248 249 250 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Yellow Jackets 2023 team a joke! Dads on Father's Day drove to Maryland to watch their daughters ride the bench while the team lost all their games, while the so called better players couldn't even pick up a ground ball! Rediculus!

Wright team did fine. Only the Thorn team got blown out. Clearly they're not ready for the A bracket yet.

I'm sure there will be plenty of changes to Thorn's team losing won't be tolerated.

Thorn has very few athletic skilled players who have the size and strengh to compete with the Maryland teams. Also too many favors, leads to lack of ability to compete. This team is a mess and will only become worse. Good example of why it's bad to have a daddy coach!

Isn't Thorn the coach? Did she go Bruce Jenner or something?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous] [quote=Anonymous]Yellow Jackets 2023 team a joke! Dads on Father's Day drove to Maryland to watch their daughters ride the bench while the team lost all their games, while the so called better players couldn't even pick up a ground ball! Rediculus!

Wright team did fine. Only the Thorn team got blown out. Clearly they're not ready for the A bracket yet.

I'm sure there will be plenty of changes to Thorn's team losing won't be tolerated.

Thorn has very few athletic skilled players who have the size and strengh to compete with the Maryland teams. Also too many favors, leads to lack of ability to compete. This team is a mess and will only become worse. Good example of why it's bad to have a daddy coach!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous] [quote=Anonymous]Yellow Jackets 2023 team a joke! Dads on Father's Day drove to Maryland to watch their daughters ride the bench while the team lost all their games, while the so called better players couldn't even pick up a ground ball! Rediculus!

Bad all around as a YJ coach was seen watching the 2023 TG beat the Skywalkers at the National Draw. Whatever happened to developing your own players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Russell 22s got national draw

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Yellow Jackets 2023 team a joke! Dads on Father's Day drove to Maryland to watch their daughters ride the bench while the team lost all their games, while the so called better players couldn't even pick up a ground ball! Rediculus!

Isn't Thorn the coach? Did she go Bruce Jenner or something?

Daddy's, mommies, all the same, they lose objectivity. We all want our kids to excell, but sometimes we have to admit they are average at best and let the best kids play. That team also needs to do some major recruiting if they want to be competitive.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else getting fed up yet? Maybe its me but its not nearly as fun as it used to be traveling to play more bad games then good. Coaching isn't what it used to be with my older daughter, parents are different and we don't have the same friendly tight group, vibe is different, lots of loners, CR isn't as visible. I know my daughter is going to get the looks she needs if she wants to play in college but its just not the same. Things have changed for the worse

Here's my take, daughter is on a top team and we are very happy with the team, parents and coaching. What I have noticed is the gap between top team and 2nd/3rd is huge and in most age groups. Just look at some of the last few tourny results and that's pretty evident. To me it seems they are not able to retain the talent beyond the first team which was not the case a few years back. There's more choices now and new startups popping up every year. The landscape is changing for sure. Maybe YJ needs to go back to a true elite club with focus on two teams but I'm sure that's unlikely as long as there's enough kids to fill out rosters.

I agree, CR isn't as visible as she used to be. When she lets the DADDY coach of the 4th 2019 team build his own U15 team so his daughter can play, you know she's losing interest. I feel bad for those kid's because they are going to lose badly. Being a YJ now is not what it used to be. Talent is watered down which has turned into an expensive PAL league loaded with delusional parents. Bring it back to 2 teams per age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else getting fed up yet? Maybe its me but its not nearly as fun as it used to be traveling to play more bad games then good. Coaching isn't what it used to be with my older daughter, parents are different and we don't have the same friendly tight group, vibe is different, lots of loners, CR isn't as visible. I know my daughter is going to get the looks she needs if she wants to play in college but its just not the same. Things have changed for the worse

Here's my take, daughter is on a top team and we are very happy with the team, parents and coaching. What I have noticed is the gap between top team and 2nd/3rd is huge and in most age groups. Just look at some of the last few tourny results and that's pretty evident. To me it seems they are not able to retain the talent beyond the first team which was not the case a few years back. There's more choices now and new startups popping up every year. The landscape is changing for sure. Maybe YJ needs to go back to a true elite club with focus on two teams but I'm sure that's unlikely as long as there's enough kids to fill out rosters.

I agree, CR isn't as visible as she used to be. When she lets the DADDY coach of the 4th 2019 team build his own U15 team so his daughter can play, you know she's losing interest. I feel bad for those kid's because they are going to lose badly. Being a YJ now is not what it used to be. Talent is watered down which has turned into an expensive PAL league loaded with delusional parents. Bring it back to 2 teams per age group.

When CR herself put quotes around "elite" on the Google search, that's when you know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When CR herself put quotes around "elite" on the Google search, that's when you know.

This is sad! We left a good team last year to become a Yellow Jacket! Big disappointment! Team not good at all! Bolting next year for sure!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my daughter was a yellow jacket. we did the unimagineable. we made a decision at the last game that we would try out elsewhere even though she was a pruducive player on a YJ A team. My daughter is now valued on her new team. Her coaches treat her great. The team is competitive. best decision I ever made even though my daughter did not want to leave her friends at first. Parents trust me. There are better options out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do we know your not just stirring the pot? Where did you go? What age group?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
About four years ago they changed the mission statement from elite, cuts and tryouts to softer wording saying LI's biggest and most competitive club. But they no longer imply cuts and that's why there are 4 or 5 teams in some ages. If mommy has a checkbook you can now play on the elite YJ's

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s a slap in the face to our girls who made the legit U15 teams. These girls have worked hard and have earned the privilege of representing their team at a national tournament. Just because you or your daughter feels slighted that she didn’t make the legit U15 team, you think it’s ok to create your own team so she can go to Indiana in July. Pretty sad if you ask me. Kids should be taught to earn their way, not have DADDY schmooze his or her way in. There’s a reason you’re on the 4th team, think about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s a slap in the face to our girls who made the legit U15 teams. These girls have worked hard and have earned the privilege of representing their team at a national tournament. Just because you or your daughter feels slighted that she didn’t make the legit U15 team, you think it’s ok to create your own team so she can go to Indiana in July. Pretty sad if you ask me. Kids should be taught to earn their way, not have DADDY schmooze his or her way in. There’s a reason you’re on the 4th team, think about it.

Ouch! Sadly in this day of pay to play anyone can buy the special jersey!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But they pay the same as you so once again she puts on her bank robbers mask and cashes those checks and probably has a bunch of those 4th teamers doing privates with the promise that they will move up teams just like she promises top team girls they will play in D1 (LIU Brooklyn, but D1) she is freaking brilliant taking advantage of a lot of dopes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are these rosters posted, becuase I saw some names on UA that were questionable as well. Wodering if same situation. I noticed some schools were more represented on UA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But they pay the same as you so once again she puts on her bank robbers mask and cashes those checks and probably has a bunch of those 4th teamers doing privates with the promise that they will move up teams just like she promises top team girls they will play in D1 (LIU Brooklyn, but D1) she is freaking brilliant taking advantage of a lot of dopes

I don’t get this whole DADDY coach thing. The purpose of joining travel LAX is to have your daughter train with an experienced coach who will help them get to the next level. The YJ program overview reads as follows: Highly qualified Professional staff. Comprised of HS Coaches, Collegiate players, World Cup players, All-Americans. If the 2019 4th team DADDY coach has at least one of these qualifications, then I would have no problem with him coaching my daughter, otherwise how can you justify letting him coaching these kids, let alone bring a team to U15. Another point to bring up is his connections and experience with the college coaches and recruitment process. Does he have any? If so great, if not, how in the world does this help these kids reach out to coaches who are looking to recruit?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why do you have such a hard-on for this daddy coach? We get it, you have a superstar of a daughter. Why let a good guy get under your skin. Move on!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one on the 4th team is a superstar.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have anyone of you watched them play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I assumed your superstar is on a top team. Starting to think she may be on his team. Either way, move on!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They may not be superstars, but they still deserve the same coaching and training as the top team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaching on all (5) 2019 teams are good. Don't know why someone would have such a hard-on for this one coach. Good coach and great guy. Again, move on!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Year after year, Yellow Jackets = thug ball. Red card city.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your daughter must be on his Nationals Team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my daughter was a yellow jacket. we did the unimagineable. we made a decision at the last game that we would try out elsewhere even though she was a pruducive player on a YJ A team. My daughter is now valued on her new team. Her coaches treat her great. The team is competitive. best decision I ever made even though my daughter did not want to leave her friends at first. Parents trust me. There are better options out there.

Sounds like you found the Garden of Eden, please tell us the name of this utopian club?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok... Right you keep telling yourself that!!
The Yellow Jackets are the best Club on Long Island. There are problems with every club just go out and enjoy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are no utopian clubs. Just sharing my experience for parents who are under the impression that there are no other options. we did our research and took a chance. if you are happy then great. otherwise be a parent, do your homework and make a decision. Her YJ club was a more competitive team. But her new team is helping her develop at a greater rate by giving her opportunities that the YJ team did not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are no utopian clubs. Just sharing my experience for parents who are under the impression that there are no other options. we did our research and took a chance. if you are happy then great. otherwise be a parent, do your homework and make a decision. Her YJ club was a more competitive team. But her new team is helping her develop at a greater rate by giving her opportunities that the YJ team did not.

Why don't you tell us where you went if you are that happy and have positive feedback to share with the lax community? We always seem to hear the negatives from the disgruntled folks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thug Ball

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how does young uns white team differ from purple team ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
young guns?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From 8th grade down no yj championships this weekend. What happened to being elite?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From 8th grade down no yj championships this weekend. What happened to being elite?

Way too many friends and family.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate = 1 Playoff appearance out of 12 Teams entered and Lost that game to YJ

YJ= 12 Teams out of 21 win there Division and Make Playoffs

YJ 2017 Finalist
YJ 2018 champions
YJ 2019 Champions
YJ 2020 Finalist

Younger Teams had a team advance to playoffs in 2021 and 2022 Division.
YJ organization as a whole did very well. Plus there A teams are in the TOP bracket in all age groups. They are still Elite for the Long Island area!! No comparison to any other LI team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
all maryland playoffs in the 2022. heros green beating M & D black in the championship game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate = 1 Playoff appearance out of 12 Teams entered and Lost that game to YJ

YJ= 12 Teams out of 21 win there Division and Make Playoffs

YJ 2017 Finalist
YJ 2018 champions
YJ 2019 Champions
YJ 2020 Finalist

Younger Teams had a team advance to playoffs in 2021 and 2022 Division.
YJ organization as a whole did very well. Plus there A teams are in the TOP bracket in all age groups. They are still Elite for the Long Island area!! No comparison to any other LI team.

They would be better if they had some bigger, more aggressive and athletic girls like the MD teams do. Also get the coaches kids, and other favors over to the B team where they belong (killing the teams), and some of the better B players up to A. YJ A teams just cannot compete with what they have now!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2022 Harney Made playoffs in Quaterfinals

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
all maryland playoffs in the 2022. heros green beating M & D black in the championship game.

Heros .. Played easy pool schedule. Coasted into playoffs. Congrats for winning it all
Tlc .. Played 1 tough game pool game, credit to them for going toe to toe with YJ
M&D.. Played 1 tough pool game, credit to them for beating YJ
YJ .. Had a tough pool schedule.. No excuses lost to a good M&D team , tied a good Tlc team.
For YJ, It was a good trip, we got 2 great games, the kids will be better for it.
Saw some good teams, and a few special players.. TLC might have the most gifted kid at this age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Saw some good teams, and a few special players.. TLC might have the most gifted kid at this age.

Which one ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have to ask that question, you must not have been watching the games.

Like Reply Quote
Page 248 of 327 1 2 246 247 248 249 250 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard