BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Team 91 MD
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,591
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 50 of 86 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This may be the new 'verbally committed to reclassify by pledging to run and hide at a boarding school for a PG year 2-3 years from now' derivative of the repeat a grade strategy.

Anything to play down and play some hero ball against younger kids to look good. Cowardly, but it is keeping a lot of prep schools fully enrolled.

Well I think a Kid doing a PG is way more respectable. And we all agree the college guys only care about what year they will be showing up to play for them. And with a PG the kid will not be cheating during the spring high school season. And for high school summer and fall lacrosse we all can agree its mostly to be seen by the colleges. So a kid planing to PG should play with the year team that he will be showing up at college. The scouts recruit with a plan for each grad year. So if the kid is going to PG he is hurting himself playing with a team from the year ahead of when he will be attending college. If you have a issue with kids doing a PG year force summer teams in high school to go age based. And I can see by most post we agree grade based is the correct way to handle high school elite summer lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This may be the new 'verbally committed to reclassify by pledging to run and hide at a boarding school for a PG year 2-3 years from now' derivative of the repeat a grade strategy.

Anything to play down and play some hero ball against younger kids to look good. Cowardly, but it is keeping a lot of prep schools fully enrolled.

Well I think a Kid doing a PG is way more respectable. And we all agree the college guys only care about what year they will be showing up to play for them. And with a PG the kid will not be cheating during the spring high school season. And for high school summer and fall lacrosse we all can agree its mostly to be seen by the colleges. So a kid planing to PG should play with the year team that he will be showing up at college. The scouts recruit with a plan for each grad year. So if the kid is going to PG he is hurting himself playing with a team from the year ahead of when he will be attending college. If you have a issue with kids doing a PG year force summer teams in high school to go age based. And I can see by most post we agree grade based is the correct way to handle high school elite summer lacrosse.

Translation: cheating is ok as long as it's done by Madlax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My on-age 2020 is planning on taking several years off after high school to find himself. Should he play lacrosse on his 2025 brother's team? Planning on doing it and actually having done it are too things.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Translation: Those PG schools are full of players who all did not play for Madlax. Please let me know what level teams they all played on the summer after they left the 4 year school? Also why would you play in a group of kids that will not be in your recruiting class?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's ok as long as he plays for Madlax.

I wonder what fuels the Madlax apologists. Do they get an addition 10% off Madlax mystery socks?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My on-age 2020 is planning on taking several years off after high school to find himself. Should he play lacrosse on his 2025 brother's team? Planning on doing it and actually having done it are too things.

Well I clearly stated for the high school age. And if you allow a reclass to play back during the summer a kid who plans to PG is the same thing. Go to age based and you are correct this would solve both problems. But if you allow kids who recalls twice to play on a 2019 or 2018 team at 17 18 years old why would you care if a kid who plans to PG plays back one year. Its the same result sorry. I agree with you but I am saying they are both cheating or they are both legal story over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is not the same thing. If a kid reclasses, that's fine. But if he is thinking about a PG year (which he may or may not do), that's cheating to let him play down before he enrolls at a PG school.

Typical Madlax. Same kind of apologies I hear for their owner's atrocious behavior.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is not the same thing. If a kid reclasses, that's fine. But if he is thinking about a PG year (which he may or may not do), that's cheating to let him play down before he enrolls at a PG school.

Typical Madlax. Same kind of apologies I hear for their owner's atrocious behavior.

Totally agree. 2019 means he just finished 9th grade. Not he is in 10th grade and doing a PG year or he just finished 10th grade and plans to reclass. In both cases, those kids are 2018s. Letting a PG play down and letting a kid that plans to reclass play down is total bullsh1t. I hope that my son's team plays Madlax this weekend so we can have a conversation with the officials before the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cheating or not - having older kids play against younger kids is not in the spirit of the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Age based is the only legit route. Everyone knows this. This fight was always over being able to buy an advantage by hiding away at a private school to repeat a grade.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally agree. 2019 means he just finished 9th grade. Not he is in 10th grade and doing a PG year or he just finished 10th grade and plans to reclass. In both cases, those kids are 2018s. Letting a PG play down and letting a kid that plans to reclass play down is total bullsh1t. I hope that my son's team plays Madlax this weekend so we can have a conversation with the officials before the game.

Sorry but the officials won't give you two seconds of their time... Talk to King Crab - it's his tournament. But wait - he's in violation more than anyone else... If your son's any good at all it won't matter who they play against...the coaches will recognize the talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Age based is the only legit route. Everyone knows this. This fight was always over being able to buy an advantage by hiding away at a private school to repeat a grade.

That's stupid. For youth, that's fine. But for HS kids, college coaches want to see kids in the same grade playing one another. They want the best in a particular class, period. Age based divisions for HS kids defeats the purpose.

When you are in HS, it doesn't matter who wins the game or tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's stupid. For youth, that's fine. But for HS kids, college coaches want to see kids in the same grade playing one another. They want the best in a particular class, period. Age based divisions for HS kids defeats the purpose.

When you are in HS, it doesn't matter who wins the game or tournament.

It isn't stupid. Coaches can watch high school games as well. Club lacrosse should be age based through middle school. After middle school it should be an open division. I don't think having 9th graders playing with older high school kids is bad.

Lacrosse coaches aren't Mensas but they can read the program to see what grade a kid is. Nobody doing recruiting is confused about what grade they are in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Madlax 2020 and 2021 teams at the Madlax Capital Classic are literally the most winless teams there, even though they are playing in the lowest divisions. How come so bad?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey dummy if you reclass you can take one or two summer or night classes and move back up. Is that cheating?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey dummy if you reclass you can take one or two summer or night classes and move back up. Is that cheating?

That response is nonsensical. One day a kid is 'reclassified' because he/parents write in an intention to do a 5th year of high school via a PG year at a boarding school. The kid plays a season down a grade year to stand out against younger competition. Then later on that same kid/family redact the future promise to attend a $65,000 a year boarding school because they finally saw the light that the best of it is a $10K - $15K discount to Penn State or something like that? That seems dumb. If you jump off that lacrosse cliff there shouldn't be any rope thrown down to pull you back after being so dumb. (Here's the part where people might comment that their special boy is getting a full ride...well, unless it is a service academy, save it).

I am not getting the part where one or two 'summer or night classes move you back up'? What the [lacrosse] does that mean? If a kid graduated earlier this month from Bullis, but is going off for a bonus PG year so the Ivy program that didn't recruit him will take him in, where/how/why does that kid have to take any course to catch up?!? Has a diploma. A kid who is a 10th grader today stating he'll do a PG year in 2+ years -- despite not having applied to or been admitted at a prep school -- but then drops that statement, where/how/why was he behind on being a 10th grader during or after his 10th grade year.

Of course a kid could also flunk a grade, then catch up via summer school to fix it instead of repeating the grade. But I'm missing the part where that is a get recruited strategy. But maybe you could enlighten us in that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure, but not a singe MadLax team won this weekend....time to start looking at other clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because winning is EVERYTHING

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure, but not a singe MadLax team won this weekend....time to start looking at other clubs.

Madlax Capital 2019 was in the final 4 last time I heard at the Crabs tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Winning the the goal. Improvement is everything. If you want your kids to improve, put them with the best coaches. If Madlax MD/VA has the best coaches, then that is where your kids should be. These tournaments are a great opportunity to watch the other coaches coach. This weekend at the Madlax tournament I saw some good coaches, lots of average coaches and some horrible ones (one Wolfpack guy just berated his own team). I did notice the Madlax coaches were rather young - hopefully they know how to improve their teams game play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Winning the the goal. Improvement is everything. If you want your kids to improve, put them with the best coaches. If Madlax MD/VA has the best coaches, then that is where your kids should be. These tournaments are a great opportunity to watch the other coaches coach. This weekend at the Madlax tournament I saw some good coaches, lots of average coaches and some horrible ones (one Wolfpack guy just berated his own team). I did notice the Madlax coaches were rather young - hopefully they know how to improve their teams game play.

Madlax coaches the same plays from 2024 to 2017. So there is a common thread the whole time you play with them. The MD/VA teams are being hurt by the increase of clubs in the MD/VA area. It hurts peoples ego to play for a clubs 2nd team. Even when the 2nd team plays in better tournaments and has been around for 20 years. Madlax will have to drop the 2nd teams if this trend keeps up. My son is a 2017 so I have been around a long time. My advise is to play on the team that is a sure thing. These new start up clubs will be up and down and you never now when they will fold. As your son grows you will be glad you paid the extra money for a club that has been through everything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2019 beat Crabs in the Crabfeast Championship, 2022 and 2023 Madlax teams won at the Capital Classic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2019 beat Crabs in the Crabfeast Championship, 2022 and 2023 Madlax teams won at the Capital Classic.

2018 made the final 4 at Crabfeast

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maldax 2018 lost to Crabs this weekend in a fairly close game--only loss of the weekend by Madlax and the Crabs may be best team in country (they beat Team 88+3 yesterday too). Madlax finished the summer 1-1 against Crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax coaches the same plays from 2024 to 2017. So there is a common thread the whole time you play with them. The MD/VA teams are being hurt by the increase of clubs in the MD/VA area. It hurts peoples ego to play for a clubs 2nd team. Even when the 2nd team plays in better tournaments and has been around for 20 years. Madlax will have to drop the 2nd teams if this trend keeps up. My son is a 2017 so I have been around a long time. My advise is to play on the team that is a sure thing. These new start up clubs will be up and down and you never now when they will fold. As your son grows you will be glad you paid the extra money for a club that has been through everything.

Must feel good giving the owner thousands of your dollars over the years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The MD/VA teams are being hurt by the increase of clubs in the MD/VA area.

Wrong. Some clubs have B teams. Madlax has enough kids in the pipeline where their B teams were sometimes decent B teams. But they went for a money grab and split them into a MD B team and VA B team. The results are disastrous. Some of those teams have 14 kids on the roster. So they have often had to admit defeat and combine them both into a MD/VA - which is what they had originally.

Madlax's A teams have been hurt because more and more kids are going to any of the following: Crabs, Blackwolf, VLC, Next Level, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Must feel good giving the owner thousands of your dollars over the years.

Well its worth the money knowing the teams will be good and you are going to be playing in top tournaments. The coaches will be held accountable and you will have more then enough lacrosse to play. You can go with the cheaper options feel free but your kid only goes through these years one time. But sure if saving $400 is worth risking a horrible summer or spring of lacrosse go with the new start up clubs with no history.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maldax 2018 lost to Crabs this weekend in a fairly close game--only loss of the weekend by Madlax and the Crabs may be best team in country (they beat Team 88+3 yesterday too). Madlax finished the summer 1-1 against Crabs.

Madlax 2019's won Crab Feast yesterday and finished summer 3-1 against Crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2018 made the final 4 at Crabfeast

We rep, we work, we win. Repeat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That settles it, as the results speak for themselves. Madlax is by far the best program in DC area for serious lacrosse players. There teams are in playoffs/championships of most tournaments they enter, sidelines covered in coaches. VLC, or Crabs B team is distant 2nd, always well down list of finishers and relegated to back lot at their own tournaments. BW is nowhere to be found...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BW has finished the summer season besides the new job may have priority.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That settles it, as the results speak for themselves. Madlax is by far the best program in DC area for serious lacrosse players. There teams are in playoffs/championships of most tournaments they enter, sidelines covered in coaches. VLC, or Crabs B team is distant 2nd, always well down list of finishers and relegated to back lot at their own tournaments. BW is nowhere to be found...

Well I agree Madlax is clearly doing it better overall compared to VLC. As for Black Wolf they do there own thing. The owner uses his name and pull to have college coaches watch his team in small venue format things. But the success of this way is hard to gauge because the kids who play BW are already on the Radar of the big schools and most come from top top programs. So is it really BW that gets them signed or would these same kids be signed if they just played with there high schools and did showcases on there own. That is the real question?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is a good question. What is Trig's new job anyway?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems at the middle school and elementary level that DC area players are gravitating to Next Level and BLC. The best players in the DC area play for NL 2020 and BLC 2021, and avoided Madlax very intentionally. Madlax reputation is really bad because of owners behavior, a topic that has been beaten like a dead horse. I would expect Madlax to be more and more NoVa focused with top Montgomery kids gravitating to the other MD clubs. Madlax 2022 is good, but all NoVa players. Time will tell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems at the middle school and elementary level that DC area players are gravitating to Next Level and BLC. The best players in the DC area play for NL 2020 and BLC 2021, and avoided Madlax very intentionally. Madlax reputation is really bad because of owners behavior, a topic that has been beaten like a dead horse. I would expect Madlax to be more and more NoVa focused with top Montgomery kids gravitating to the other MD clubs. Madlax 2022 is good, but all NoVa players. Time will tell.

I think you are correct with this statement. I think Madlax can stay atop the Lacrosse world if they can pull 90% of the best NOVA players. But time should heel the owner back lash. If this can every die down or go away they will be able to pull the SW Maryland kids back to Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 - BW and VLC much better

2018 - Madlax better than BW and VLC, but close

2019 - Madlax much better than BW or VLC

2020 - VLC better than Madlax. Many Madlax kids moving to BW

2021 - neither VLC nor Madlax is very good

And if you go back farther,

2014 - both BW and VLC much better than Madlax

2015 - both BW and VLC much better than Madlax

2016 - both BW and VLC much better than Madlax

Except for a couple of years, Madlax is not the best option, but is the costliest. And now NL is gaining momentum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 - BW and VLC much better

2018 - Madlax better than BW and VLC, but close

2019 - Madlax much better than BW or VLC

2020 - VLC better than Madlax. Many Madlax kids moving to BW

2021 - neither VLC nor Madlax is very good

And if you go back farther,

2014 - both BW and VLC much better than Madlax

2015 - both BW and VLC much better than Madlax

2016 - both BW and VLC much better than Madlax

Except for a couple of years, Madlax is not the best option, but is the costliest. And now NL is gaining momentum.

So what do you think all the NOVa kids should drive over the bridge to NL or BLC? The real point is if all the top kids just picked between these top 3 teams they all would be really good. People should embrace these top three and just work to pull the AA kids off these crap A level clubs. These are the real losers here. The AA kids playing crap lacrosse in Richmond not getting any better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is the MadLax [lacrosse] dad on 2023
Photo guy
Tough guy wanting to fight at LIlaxfest because his kid got slashed?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like he drove over from Maryland

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club Blue on verge of folding shop. CB kids should bolster ranks at Madlax NL and BLC.

Like Reply Quote
Page 50 of 86 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard