BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,518
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 44 of 70 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 69 70
Re: Boys 2023-5th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]So Express doesn't have an "A" team anymore.
Nope. They have 3 money grab teams in 5th grade. Maybe they'll have 4 teams next year.

Says the guy who's kid didn't make the HB...

"make" the HB. HAHAHA. As if any old kid that's really good can "make" that team or any other team that has been together since the SECOND grade!! At this point, kids aren't making many of these AAAAAA teams. It's all about who you or your kid knows. The Bandits, HB, IGLOO or even OUTLAWS Select have squads that are basically set in stone. If your guy is big, strong, fast and has superior stick skills, he'll have a 40% chance of getting on these teams. UNLESS, you know the coach/director. It is the way it is. The "late blooming" 11 year old has to play his way up. Even then, the coaches most likely have already have a relationship with the teams parents and knows all the kids. Ending this relationship will prove "sticky". Most people avoid conflict. It's probably not easy telling a parent that your kid is getting cut after having him play for you for 2-3 years.

Maybe if the kid can play goalie or is a great faceoff guy, then things would be different. But, these SUPER teams are pretty much set. That is why they are called clubs and not democratically conceived teams. Autocratically controlled dictatorships. VIVA LA LAX!!!

There will be new teams popping up going forward.

Pretty sure the Bandits grabbed 3 new kids this year and one last spring. Igloo kids were trying out everywhere to get away from that program and HB just added a few as well. Not every kid is good enough to play for HB or Bandits, but the ones that are make the team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True. Badgers have only 1 strong attackman that stands out. Other attack slots up for grabs. Rotating 3rd line middys in there just to get some minutes. They will officially add the ex-Bandits kid and a few others next season. And then those HB kids that get cut will find other spots. Still good players. Movement does happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch out for E3.... Major step up this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express having 3 teams is a joke! The Warriors will always be second fiddle to the Bandits. Their coach is obsessed with trying to be the best and it will never happen. They like to say they are an "A" team but aren't. Maybe if they focused on developing the kids instead of scoring a free t-shirt they would be better off@

Never say Never look at Smash & United 2022. Warriors keep the faith.

And a coach "obsessed with trying to be the best", I like that! And if my son didn't make Bandits, I'd be happy to have him play for that team. If they keep fighting, that seems like a good spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express having 3 teams is a joke! The Warriors will always be second fiddle to the Bandits. Their coach is obsessed with trying to be the best and it will never happen. They like to say they are an "A" team but aren't. Maybe if they focused on developing the kids instead of scoring a free t-shirt they would be better off@

Never say Never look at Smash & United 2022. Warriors keep the faith.

And a coach "obsessed with trying to be the best", I like that! And if my son didn't make Bandits, I'd be happy to have him play for that team. If they keep fighting, that seems like a good spot.

A competitive team with an impartial coach who doesn't have a kid on the team and is obsessed with trying to be the best, you say? Most sane parents would sign up for that.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
which express team was that in blatant yday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which bracket? There was one in each. Their b and c teams. Badgers weren't there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which bracket? There was one in each. Their b and c teams. Badgers weren't there.

seems like their B should have played B

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought the Channy teams were A Teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Channy teams are the cash cows

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
. The Channy team is a B team and played in the A division. Without them there would have been only three teams in the A division. Not their fault that they got moved up to even out the divisions in a weakly attended tournament. Look at the 2024, only three teams. Blatant had some work to do to drive up attendance. The Lowe divisions are your future and the attendance was vary sparse. Don't blame it on an express money grab, they played in a division that they should not have been in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
. The Channy team is a B team and played in the A division. Without them there would have been only three teams in the A division. Not their fault that they got moved up to even out the divisions in a weakly attended tournament. Look at the 2024, only three teams. Blatant had some work to do to drive up attendance. The Lowe divisions are your future and the attendance was vary sparse. Don't blame it on an express money grab, they played in a division that they should not have been in.

Blatant did a fine job attracting teams. They had 7 2025 teams and 7 2024 teams. Not bad for the younger divisions. Also, we all know there are only 2x 2024 AA teams on LI so give credit to the Outlaws for playing both Taz and WP

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shore 2 Shore would have beat all of those teams. Terrible bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shore 2 Shore helmets at Viper.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw a guy in a Mets hat at the Viper tournament. I bet that guy can hit!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shore to Shore will beat the Bandits this year!

Believe that!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who the [lacrosse] cares....go beat your dog u loser....dont forget ur red cups so you have the courage to yell at the officials...LOSER!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shore to Shore will beat the Bandits this year!

Believe that!

Zero shot of that happening

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who the [lacrosse] cares....go beat your dog u loser....dont forget ur red cups so you have the courage to yell at the officials...LOSER!

Not a S2S parent - just someone trying to stir the pot..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is Shore to Shore? They don't even have a website, tryouts, or any presence anywhere!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw a guy in a Mets hat at the Viper tournament. I bet that guy can hit!

That was me!!! Glad I made an impression on you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
loers dads from Manhasset that think their kids are too good for Manhasset 32...so sad...Dads are diks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
loers dads from Manhasset that think their kids are too good for Manhasset 32...so sad...Dads are diks

Just the ones who went to Igloo - they destroyed 32

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, after looking through these pages, you guys really need to get job or atleast do your job. Who has time to posts this crap. Really they are 11 year old boys playing a game. The gap between some of these boys is huge. Some are more athletic some can catch some are going to be great. But not 1 of you play in this division. So let the boys play it out. Travel ball is great and the better players should play travel. But it doesn't mean anything when it comes down to whos getting a scholarship. Their in 5th grade! Parents need to get a grip. If your kid likes to play go for travel and the tournaments, but if they are thinking of other sports play PAL. Most coaches are decent enough to teach the kids something.
I played in college and my first coach taught me out of a book, so these boys are all going to be fine players, but hopefully they are better then their parents. If you think your son is all that good for you we should all think that, but to go back and fourth here nit picking every team. Get a clue. Teach your boys to be good students first, then lacrosse players. Some of these boys can barely read. But we overlook that cause he can catch and throw a ball.
Oh and FYI, my son plays travel and PAL. Plays for a good program all around. I enjoy watching him have fun and want to play. The day he tells me it isn't fun is the day I pull him off the team.
You should share ideas and discuss things in a positive way, don't be so miserable in your life to talk down to someone else.
I don't care about the express, or HB, or any other team out there. I get it some of you can't let go to your youth. But let boys be boys and have fun. The game we come to the ones that want it. If you force it they will resent you for it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just the ones who went to Igloo - they destroyed 32

what destroyed 32 is the loser dad coaches who cant run their own lives while telling everyone else what to do. Its all about them. They cant turn their kids into superstars unless they have other kids for a team. Its all about them and theyve ruined it. Blame yourselves you idiot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, after looking through these pages, you guys really need to get job or atleast do your job. Who has time to posts this crap. Really they are 11 year old boys playing a game. The gap between some of these boys is huge. Some are more athletic some can catch some are going to be great. But not 1 of you play in this division. So let the boys play it out. Travel ball is great and the better players should play travel. But it doesn't mean anything when it comes down to whos getting a scholarship. Their in 5th grade! Parents need to get a grip. If your kid likes to play go for travel and the tournaments, but if they are thinking of other sports play PAL. Most coaches are decent enough to teach the kids something.
I played in college and my first coach taught me out of a book, so these boys are all going to be fine players, but hopefully they are better then their parents. If you think your son is all that good for you we should all think that, but to go back and fourth here nit picking every team. Get a clue. Teach your boys to be good students first, then lacrosse players. Some of these boys can barely read. But we overlook that cause he can catch and throw a ball.
Oh and FYI, my son plays travel and PAL. Plays for a good program all around. I enjoy watching him have fun and want to play. The day he tells me it isn't fun is the day I pull him off the team.
You should share ideas and discuss things in a positive way, don't be so miserable in your life to talk down to someone else.
I don't care about the express, or HB, or any other team out there. I get it some of you can't let go to your youth. But let boys be boys and have fun. The game we come to the ones that want it. If you force it they will resent you for it.

Shut the [lacrosse] up and go away you self-righteous, sanctimonious d-bag.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What Igloo team played in the Future Tournament this weekend? Played some 2023 teams. Lost to Dukes. Was that Igloo 2023?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What Igloo team played in the Future Tournament this weekend? Played some 2023 teams. Lost to Dukes. Was that Igloo 2023?

That was their 2024 team that played in the "Silver" bracket. Tournament organizers only had two 2024 teams so they had them play in the 2023 bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024 team beat a upstate team called gang green , lost to duke's 2023 and beat virgina select 2023 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024 team beat a upstate team called gang green , lost to duke's 2023 and beat virgina select 2023 team.

Thought I heard they didn't play Valley Select? No need to tell tales...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They played valley select in last game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough draw for Igloo...not sure why they even played that tourney

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How'd they do against Valley?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They signed up because there was supposed to be a 2024 bracket - when they found out last week that there wasn't going to be one, the parents already had the hotel reservations so they agreed to play the only other 2024 team there and to play two 2023 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

6-3 win

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

6-3 win

So Valley only lost to Dukes 2023 by 2 and lost to Igloo 2024 by 3. Valley also beat a 6th grade team 9-6. Makes no sense that they could beat Valley. Anyone have the real score?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

6-3 win

Dukes are a good team. No shame in losing to them. They almost won at Shamrock but lost in the finals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

6-3 win

So Valley only lost to Dukes 2023 by 2 and lost to Igloo 2024 by 3. Valley also beat a 6th grade team 9-6. Makes no sense that they could beat Valley. Anyone have the real score?

6-3 igloo. Valley players, coaches, parents out of control. Several vicious blind side hits and cross checks especially late. Refs called the game with 2 minutes left after 3rd cheap shot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

6-3 win

6-3 igloo. Valley players, coaches, parents out of control. Several vicious blind side hits and cross checks especially late. Refs called the game with 2 minutes left after 3rd cheap shot.

Sounds like there's a lot more to this story than this guy is letting out. If it were just the Valley parents/coaches/player and cheap shots then Igloo would have been awarded the win. Something tells me this is a typical igloo team with older kids claiming to be 2023. I'm sure both teams were out of control.

Page 44 of 70 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard