BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 30 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 29 30
Re: Girls 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]So what 2021 LI team will reign supreme?
Gotta a good feeling elevate may surprise a few people!

Seriously? Elevate in the 2021 age group? Is that a joke? What surprise do they have in store for this age group? Entertain us?

Elevate will not play in the top bracket in this age group this summer. If they do it will be a huge mistake for the club and the kids. They are not at that level and they will have a miserable summer if they do.

How can anyone say this since this team hasn't even played a game yet?

What do you mean? Elevate 2021 has been around for several years. Credit to them they have been getting to play some top teams and brackets, with mixed results. Many tournament mix top teams in weak pool play but this team would not fair well in a true top bracket tournament, and it sounds like the gap is only getting bigger.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So what 2021 LI team will reign supreme?
Gotta a good feeling elevate may surprise a few people!

Seriously? Elevate in the 2021 age group? Is that a joke? What surprise do they have in store for this age group? Entertain us?

Elevate will not play in the top bracket in this age group this summer. If they do it will be a huge mistake for the club and the kids. They are not at that level and they will have a miserable summer if they do.

How can anyone say this since this team hasn't even played a game yet?

What do you mean? Elevate 2021 has been around for several years. Credit to them they have been getting to play some top teams and brackets, with mixed results. Many tournament mix top teams in weak pool play but this team would not fair well in a true top bracket tournament, and it sounds like the gap is only getting bigger.

Sorry, meant current years roster. My point was saying they can't compete at the higher level without seeing how the team plays is not right and you can't base it on last years performance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is YJ 2021 Skak playing in beach lax? I heard the top teams weren't coming this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is YJ 2021 Skak playing in beach lax? I heard the top teams weren't coming this year.

No, third team will be there. Other two 2021 will be at lax by sea same weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, third team will be there. Other two 2021 will be at lax by sea same weekend.

To correct myself, it would appear that all three YJ 2021 will be at lax by the sea.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Missing several key M&D Black players:

Brindi Griffin - Maryland
Natalie Miller - Maryland
Jordan Stevens - Florida
Becca Boyle - Johns Hopkins

Kate Taylor going to Boston College not Boston

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Missing several key M&D Black players:

Brindi Griffin - Maryland
Natalie Miller - Maryland
Jordan Stevens - Florida
Becca Boyle - Johns Hopkins

Kate Taylor going to Boston College not Boston

These are 7th grade commits?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously the good teams have top talent. But the good teams also practice multiple days awake and also practice year round. In many cases, the girls on top teams also train on the side in their own time.

Watch the better teams. They are running advanced defensive and offensive sets in 7th grade. That comes from good coaching and dedicated kids and families.

Get over yourself the top teams barely run any plays and probably barely practice they just have the best players/athletes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously the good teams have top talent. But the good teams also practice multiple days awake and also practice year round. In many cases, the girls on top teams also train on the side in their own time.

Watch the better teams. They are running advanced defensive and offensive sets in 7th grade. That comes from good coaching and dedicated kids and families.

Get over yourself the top teams barely run any plays and probably barely practice they just have the best players/athletes

7th grade girls should not be playing this sport all year. Get real. They play soccer, gymnastics, basketball, cheer, chorus play their instrument etc. Do you think they want to practice lax all year. Most will compete and win or lose....5 minutes later they are playing with teammates and having fun. You sir are the problem !!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't mess with Top Gunz. Those parents roam the sidelines stuffing their faces and looking for altercations, be it verbal or otherwise... LI at its worst with that crew...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

7th grade girls should not be playing this sport all year. Get real. They play soccer, gymnastics, basketball, cheer, chorus play their instrument etc. Do you think they want to practice lax all year. Most will compete and win or lose....5 minutes later they are playing with teammates and having fun. You sir are the problem !!!

No one said they don't play other sports. But top teams do some sort of training to keep sticks in the girls' hands. They are 13, not 7. Playing with their friends and having fun? A lot of girls have fun by playing lacrosse with their friends.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spring is over and time for the real season to begin. Looking forward to some good games with YJ. Hopefully M&D and YJ make finals at Mid-Atlantic in couple weeks. Not sure why they were put in different divisions.

M&D outscored their opponents 170-48 in 11 games this spring. Need some competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just like all other mnd teams, the others will catch up next year when real lax starts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't be too much fun being on either side of a lopsided score. Not sure I'd want my daughter playing on such a juggernaut if all they do is kick the crap out of the Little Sisters of the Poor.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spring is over and time for the real season to begin. Looking forward to some good games with YJ. Hopefully M&D and YJ make finals at Mid-Atlantic in couple weeks. Not sure why they were put in different divisions.

M&D outscored their opponents 170-48 in 11 games this spring. Need some competition.

They are in opposing A brackets that meet in the finals for the Mid Atlantic championship. Very purposely placed in bracket and pool play to set up to meet again in the finals, so long as both teams take care of business along the way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't be too much fun being on either side of a lopsided score. Not sure I'd want my daughter playing on such a juggernaut if all they do is kick the crap out of the Little Sisters of the Poor.

But that's something you get with summer Lax and you just never know what the competition will be. I can't imagine any team purposely looking for blowouts. It's no fun for either team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ys2DBF

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If by Little Sister of the Poor you mean Skywalkers, TLC, Stars, Integrity, MD United, etc I guess you have a point. They play the top teams at their age. They beat Skywalkers 18-7 in Spring League finals. Beat TLC 17-5 in quarters. All of these are good teams at their age, it's just that currently M&D is just on a whole other lever from other Maryland 2021 teams. Could this change next year as stated above? I guess, but there is a huge gap to close right now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Can't be too much fun being on either side of a lopsided score. Not sure I'd want my daughter playing on such a juggernaut if all they do is kick the crap out of the Little Sisters of the Poor.

If by Little Sister of the Poor you mean Skywalkers, TLC, Stars, Integrity, MD United, etc I guess you have a point. They play the top teams at their age. They beat Skywalkers 18-7 in Spring League finals. Beat TLC 17-5 in quarters. All of these are good teams at their age, it's just that currently M&D is just on a whole other lever from other Maryland 2021 teams. Could this change next year as stated above? I guess, but there is a huge gap to close right now. [/quote

Just curious, how wide is the gap between 1st and 2nd M&D teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If by Little Sister of the Poor you
mean Skywalkers, TLC, Stars, Integrity, MD United, etc I guess you have a point. They play the top teams at their age. They beat Skywalkers 18-7 in Spring League finals. Beat TLC 17-5 in quarters. All of these are good teams at their age, it's just that currently M&D is just on a whole other lever from other Maryland 2021 teams. Could this change next year as stated above? I guess, but there is a huge gap to close right now.

It's not like M&D is avoiding anyone , you can only play the teams that are on your spring schedule. YJ 's have not played a game together as a team this year . It will be nice to get all of the teams out playing in what will hopefully be nice weather. Good luck to all in the upcoming season and safe travels.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Can't be too much fun being on either side of a lopsided score. Not sure I'd want my daughter playing on such a juggernaut if all they do is kick the crap out of the Little Sisters of the Poor.

If by Little Sister of the Poor you mean Skywalkers, TLC, Stars, Integrity, MD United, etc I guess you have a point. They play the top teams at their age. They beat Skywalkers 18-7 in Spring League finals. Beat TLC 17-5 in quarters. All of these are good teams at their age, it's just that currently M&D is just on a whole other lever from other Maryland 2021 teams. Could this change next year as stated above? I guess, but there is a huge gap to close right now. [/quote

Just curious, how wide is the gap between 1st and 2nd M&D teams?

Huge

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So here is the mnd program in a nutshell. Get the most athletic and advanced girls in 4th and 5th graders cause mommy and daddy have a dream. They dominate strictly because of early natural ability. As time goes by, other teams develop their girls to play lacrosse. That is why mnd is not so dominant in the high school years. Nothing wrong with that philosophy but those are the facts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just like all other mnd teams, the others will catch up next year when real lax starts.

Who will catch up? Hero's? They have to get past Sky Walkers first.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If by Little Sister of the Poor you mean Skywalkers, TLC, Stars, Integrity, MD United, etc I guess you have a point. They play the top teams at their age. They beat Skywalkers 18-7 in Spring League finals. Beat TLC 17-5 in quarters. All of these are good teams at their age, it's just that currently M&D is just on a whole other lever from other Maryland 2021 teams. Could this change next year as stated above? I guess, but there is a huge gap to close right now.

What about Hero's 2021 - they're not up there in this age group. They're strong in the older age groups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So here is the mnd program in a nutshell. Get the most athletic and advanced girls in 4th and 5th graders cause mommy and daddy have a dream. They dominate strictly because of early natural ability. As time goes by, other teams develop their girls to play lacrosse. That is why mnd is not so dominant in the high school years. Nothing wrong with that philosophy but those are the facts.

After watching M&D 2020 I don't disagree with you. But, M&D 2021 is so far ahead in terms of the offense and defense they run that there really isn't a comparison. They are by far the best coached team I have seen. Teams that survive on athleticism will lose now and then against better coached teams. There is a reason they are undefeated in 3 spring seasons. I guess time will tell.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Considering Skywalkers lost in the finals 18-7, apparently they both have some catching up to do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So here is the mnd program in a nutshell. Get the most athletic and advanced girls in 4th and 5th graders cause mommy and daddy have a dream. They dominate strictly because of early natural ability. As time goes by, other teams develop their girls to play lacrosse. That is why mnd is not so dominant in the high school years. Nothing wrong with that philosophy but those are the facts. [/quot

They become slightly less competitive to the point where other Maryland team can actually compete with them in high school because all the studs commit in middle school and start taking it easy, even attending to other commitments off the field. They take their collective foot off of your neck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not just Sky Walkers, don't forget about Yellow Jackets Blue and maybe gold. You can't even discuss Hero's 2021 with M&D 2021 black.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not just Sky Walkers, don't forget about Yellow Jackets Blue and maybe gold. You can't even discuss Hero's 2021 with M&D 2021 black.

It's kind of a silly discussion. At 2021, there is YJ Blue and M&D. Until any other 2021 team beats one of them the discussion ends there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's kind of a silly discussion. At 2021, there is YJ Blue and M&D. Until any other 2021 team beats one of them the discussion ends there.

Heros is in the position to surprise a lot of teams this weekend. Nobody seems to be taking them seriously and that team is finally beginning to click. We'll know for sure by Sunday afternoon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heros is in the position to surprise a lot of teams this weekend. Nobody seems to be taking them seriously and that team is finally beginning to click. We'll know for sure by Sunday afternoon.

Didn't they just lose to skywalkers in their last game who then lost to M&D 18-7?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ Skak is coming down, get out of the way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

After watching M&D 2020 I don't disagree with you. But, M&D 2021 is so far ahead in terms of the offense and defense they run that there really isn't a comparison. They are by far the best coached team I have seen. Teams that survive on athleticism will lose now and then against better coached teams. There is a reason they are undefeated in 3 spring seasons. I guess time will tell.

That be very true! Yous will see - the heros girls have learned the plays and stuff. These heros girls wills be ready for the summer. They haves all the pieces in place with a good goalie and good players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looking forward to renewing the rivalry. Hope to see you in finals Sunday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here's a thought , let's take it easy on the "get out of the way" comment. Our girls haven't even played a single game together as a team. A little humility goes a long way. Hope everyone has a safe trip down and the thunderstorms hold off. Looking forward to seeing friends from our team as well as our rivals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero coaches gonna bring the thunder again this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here's a thought , let's take it easy on the "get out of the way" comment. Our girls haven't even played a single game together as a team. A little humility goes a long way. Hope everyone has a safe trip down and the thunderstorms hold off. Looking forward to seeing friends from our team as well as our rivals.

Likely a good chance that this poster isn't even one of your parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero coaches gonna bring the thunder again this year?

Yes. They brought enough thunder today that they needed to be spanked by the officials. As usual.

Hysterical.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D 8-4 win over YJ Skak in finals

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D is clearly the best team at the 2021 age. They play very well together and are very well coached.

Page 16 of 30 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard