BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 50 of 111 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Kellenberg JV A win against St. Anthony's is just another sign of things to come, talent pool on LI spreading out, not favoring the big two as much anymore...Lots of talent at Kellenberg coming up, same at St. Dom's and St. John's...the Catholics are going to be better for it, better league play at home instead of one sided blowouts...Chaminade game should be interesting ( or not, whatever, this win is good for now) nice job by the Firebirds. Congrats boys! Now let's see if they can give that stacked Chaminade team a game. Good luck to both!

Relax. Nice win. Will lose to chaminade by 15!
Nothing changing.

So, like I said...not to sure about a 15 point blowout... And it didn't happen! It was a good competitive game, Was even closer than that score, Get back a couple of give me goals and a few of the throwaways and maybe, just maybe this one stays in doubt into second half. Congrats to Chaminade. Some real crisp passing and hard nosed D. They came to play. Good season for both teams to build on. Considering 6-7 of Kellenberg starters were freshman, gotta think this makes my point that talent pool has spread out some...see ya next next Catholic league!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I'm just curious. I've heard that this Chaminade JV team is the best ever. How do they only beat KBerg 14-7?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10 2 at half. Took out starters. As they did in every game this season

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both teams played the bench second half, and that just proves the point further, with key players out of the game, kind of a stalemate....the blue chips may still gravitate to big 2, but the talented player seeking playing time doesn't always choose them anymore, Kellenberg has early commits too as does Saint John's...whatever...agree to disagree, As Long as St. Anthony's wasn't there, that's a win

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kellenberg JV A win against St. Anthony's is just another sign of things to come, talent pool on LI spreading out, not favoring the big two as much anymore...Lots of talent at Kellenberg coming up, same at St. Dom's and St. John's...the Catholics are going to be better for it, better league play at home instead of one sided blowouts...Chaminade game should be interesting ( or not, whatever, this win is good for now) nice job by the Firebirds. Congrats boys! Now let's see if they can give that stacked Chaminade team a game. Good luck to both!

Relax. Nice win. Will lose to chaminade by 15!
Nothing changing.

So, like I said...not to sure about a 15 point blowout... And it didn't happen! It was a good competitive game, Was even closer than that score, Get back a couple of give me goals and a few of the throwaways and maybe, just maybe this one stays in doubt into second half. Congrats to Chaminade. Some real crisp passing and hard nosed D. They came to play. Good season for both teams to build on. Considering 6-7 of Kellenberg starters were freshman, gotta think this makes my point that talent pool has spread out some...see ya next next Catholic league!

10 2 at half. Sounds like they took foot off pedal. They were right on pace for the 15 goal predication.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I'm just curious. I've heard that this Chaminade JV team is the best ever. How do they only beat KBerg 14-7?

I'm fascinated about the parents of this Chaminade JV team claiming to be the "best ever". Weren't the current juniors the FIRST team EVER to go 31-0 at Chaminade their freshman and sophomore years? I think they might have something to say about who the "best team" ever is at Chaminade. They too did not have a close game (the closest anyone came was 4 goals - there was no overtime game against St As for them as there was for you).

Parents of current JV team - there have been and will be a lot of great teams at Chaminade. Show some respect to those that have come before and some humility to your opponents. Just play the games - nothing matters except varsity...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both teams played the bench second half, and that just proves the point further, with key players out of the game, kind of a stalemate....the blue chips may still gravitate to big 2, but the talented player seeking playing time doesn't always choose them anymore, Kellenberg has early commits too as does Saint John's...whatever...agree to disagree, As Long as St. Anthony's wasn't there, that's a win

"as long as St. Anthony's was there" Oh there is a whole year to poke that sleeping giant. That should be fun.

Question do the Catholics keep their teams together as a HS team (Not club) for any summer tournaments. Either Varsity or JV events. Seems with all the banter that would be a good thing for all involved. Okay maybe not Chaminade and St. Anthony's as much but the rest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"as long as St. Anthony's was there" Oh there is a whole year to poke that sleeping giant. That should be fun.

Question do the Catholics keep their teams together as a HS team (Not club) for any summer tournaments. Either Varsity or JV events. Seems with all the banter that would be a good thing for all involved. Okay maybe not Chaminade and St. Anthony's as much but the rest.

Several club teams with players at both schools

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know that, but do the schools (all of them) pull them back for a tournament or two or do a summer league together (like summer captain's practices). I know SJB used to do a summer league. do the rest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know that, but do the schools (all of them) pull them back for a tournament or two or do a summer league together (like summer captain's practices). I know SJB used to do a summer league. do the rest.

Yes they sometimes do. That is what caused the big feud last summer between Chaminade and For the Love of the Green

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes they sometimes do. That is what caused the big feud last summer between Chaminade and For the Love of the Green

Yes indeed. Wankoff cut all the Chammy players who showed allegiance to JM. Guy is a colassal jackass and weak coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chammy has it all over St A's Program is all about who donats $, Talent or potential does not realy matter to KW or Old man shriver

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couldn't agree more

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Truest words ever written on here. St Anthony's lacrosse has been the biggest disappointment to many.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not to mention KW is the worst coach ever and wins only because he gets the talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"donations" in the form of home improvements for some coaches to let certain sub-par players start are not unheard of either

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Herd KW gets Brennan O'Neill next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why isn't MC the varsity coach for St. Anthonys?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Heard" that too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And still nobody cares.........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great question. I'm guessing the label of " conflict of interest" is probably something that has been discussed as a negative for the school.

He and JL should most definitely be the V coaches for myriad reasons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great question. I'm guessing the label of " conflict of interest" is probably something that has been discussed as a negative for the school.

But if he became the V coach he would be forced to have to learn the kids' names LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a Chaminade thread.........beat it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But if he became the V coach he would be forced to have to learn the kids' names LOL

Mc does not play politics, could never coach varsity at St ants.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mc does not play politics, could never coach varsity at St ants.

Strictly pay for play. No politics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade will have more sophs on varsity next year than they have had in total over the past 10 years. Barbarians at the gate crashing it down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade will have more sophs on varsity next year than they have had in total over the past 10 years. Barbarians at the gate crashing it down.

If the 2018's didn't no way the 2019's will

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you please explain yourself

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This fool probably meant the 2018 sophomores aka next years juniors Looks to me like he is just trying to stir the pot and get you worked up Its best to ignore him

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question - what is the aversion towards underclass players being on varsity at Chaminade? Wouldn't it be better to have 5 excellent Sophs on the team that are good enough to see the field rather than 5 seniors who stand at the end of the bench never to set foot on the field? Can somebody explain the philosophy of why so different than the elite private schools around the country?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes indeed. Wankoff cut all the Chammy players who showed allegiance to JM. Guy is a colassal jackass and weak coach.

Not what happened. Players sign a code of ethics stating that the club team takes priority in the summer. Those boys committed to play in a summer tourney and then backed out 5 days before leaving the balance of the team short handed. Wink then told them not to bother coming to the last tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question - what is the aversion towards underclass players being on varsity at Chaminade? Wouldn't it be better to have 5 excellent Sophs on the team that are good enough to see the field rather than 5 seniors who stand at the end of the bench never to set foot on the field? Can somebody explain the philosophy of why so different than the elite private schools around the country?

Sophomores overrated, they will see when they have to play with the big boys!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First you will not have 4 or 5 sophs good enough to take the place of seniors or juniors. It is rare that a kid that good comes through. It has happened if I AM not mistaken twice in the last 10 years. Yes there are kids standing on the sidelines but a lot of those kids standing on the sidelines are better than the sophs.

As good as you think the sophs are they are not going against bigger, stronger, faster NASTIER senior and juniors. Stepping up to varsity at Chaminade is a big jump in talent. Not to mention the other teams they play and those players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]First you will not have 4 or 5 sophs good enough to take the place of seniors or juniors. It is rare that a kid that good comes through. It has happened if I AM not mistaken twice in the last 10 years. Yes there are kids standing on the sidelines but a lot of those kids standing on the sidelines are better than the sophs.

As good as you think the sophs are they are not going against bigger, stronger, faster NASTIER senior and juniors. Stepping up to varsity at Chaminade is a big jump in talent. Not to mention the other teams they play and those players.

The soph class has two Duke commits, one ND, one Hopkins and one North Carolina. I concede that commitments are not always an indicator of how kids will play. However, many times they are. Those schools know what they are doing. Have to think those kids are going to step in and play a critical role next year. Crazy to think otherwise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[Have to think those kids are going to step in and play a critical role next year. Crazy to think otherwise. [/quote]

They will be juniors - so yes some will step in and play just like the current juniors stepped in and played.

But there will be no sophomores on the varsity next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]First you will not have 4 or 5 sophs good enough to take the place of seniors or juniors. It is rare that a kid that good comes through. It has happened if I AM not mistaken twice in the last 10 years. Yes there are kids standing on the sidelines but a lot of those kids standing on the sidelines are better than the sophs.

The soph class has two Duke commits, one ND, one Hopkins and one North Carolina. I concede that commitments are not always an indicator of how kids will play. However, many times they are. Those schools know what they are doing. Have to think those kids are going to step in and play a critical role next year. Crazy to think otherwise.

There is no doubt those kids are talented players. Just remember those commitments are based on current skill level, competing against kids the same age, as well as the college coaches projection of where they might be as far as size, speed, skill level and lacrosse IQ when they graduate H.S. Some of them may be able to compete and contribute as a freshman or sophomore, but most will not and have small roles if they are lucky that they will build on as they become juniors and seniors. It is happening all over Long Island every season. When that kid lines up for that first high school game and the junior or senior across from him is 6ft. 200lbs and a good athlete, it doesn't matter how good that underclassman was during his summer club season before freshman year. Size, speed and experience will eventually win out. When all is said and done those kids with the big commitments will most likely have great high school careers. Just don't rush it because it's harder than it looks when it's men against boys. That's why it's special when you hear about a kid like the 8th grader at Bayshore or a freshman or sophmore carrying a team because It just doesn't happen very often.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no doubt those kids are talented players. Just remember those commitments are based on current skill level, competing against kids the same age, as well as the college coaches projection of where they might be as far as size, speed, skill level and lacrosse IQ when they graduate H.S. Some of them may be able to compete and contribute as a freshman or sophomore, but most will not and have small roles if they are lucky that they will build on as they become juniors and seniors. It is happening all over Long Island every season. When that kid lines up for that first high school game and the junior or senior across from him is 6ft. 200lbs and a good athlete, it doesn't matter how good that underclassman was during his summer club season before freshman year. Size, speed and experience will eventually win out. When all is said and done those kids with the big commitments will most likely have great high school careers. Just don't rush it because it's harder than it looks when it's men against boys. That's why it's special when you hear about a kid like the 8th grader at Bayshore or a freshman or sophmore carrying a team because It just doesn't happen very often.

Well said, and many of those early Cham commits got their commitments off [lacrosse] kissing on the privilaged summer circut, which not everyone can afford. They are not even close to the 8th grader in size or talent. Time will tell how it all pans out. Many of the bragging fathers will get a dose of humble pie when they see what LI varsity is all about!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go back in the threads by year EVERY year the dads of rising sophomores always say their group will kill it and be a sure bet and be a varsity starter. EVERY YEAR it plays out the same. It doesn't happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said, and many of those early Cham commits got their commitments off [lacrosse] kissing on the privilaged summer circut, which not everyone can afford. They are not even close to the 8th grader in size or talent. Time will tell how it all pans out. Many of the bragging fathers will get a dose of humble pie when they see what LI varsity is all about!

Just look at this season for Chammy. All those commits and just were not that good of a team? The early commit thing is a gamble for colleges. sometimes it pays off. Some times the later commits are more of a sure thing.

Like Reply Quote
Page 50 of 111 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard