BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 42 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 41 42
Re: Girls 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Saw kid at Belmont park, coach kt was coaching girls. Watch kids are gonna be robots tomorrow

What are you talking about?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Grind has an added advantage this year: the united women's league will be playing at that tournament so the player/coaches will at the very least be at that tournament. You might see some new "coach" faces at the grind this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw kid at Belmont park, coach kt was coaching girls. Watch kids are gonna be robots tomorrow

Leave kid alone. All she was doing was enjoying time with her friends. Although, she is certainly a skilled player. Catch her tonight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First of all, the correct word should have been spelled 'Too'. Second, you're wrong about the tournaments they're in. Summer Genesis has M&D Black, Heros Green, Integrity, TLC Red, Stars, yj curcio, SkyWalkers Blue among others. Hardly a "B" tournament. Then Project 120...don't know much about it yet. The Grind (I'll give ya that one) and then USL U14 National Tournament. Not much "B" action in any of these, except maybe The Grind.
You sound like a concerned YJ parent to me.

In no specific order (as that will lead to more consensus) what are the top 5 teams in this age group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First of all, the correct word should have been spelled 'Too'. Second, you're wrong about the tournaments they're in. Summer Genesis has M&D Black, Heros Green, Integrity, TLC Red, Stars, yj curcio, SkyWalkers Blue among others. Hardly a "B" tournament. Then Project 120...don't know much about it yet. The Grind (I'll give ya that one) and then USL U14 National Tournament. Not much "B" action in any of these, except maybe The Grind.
You sound like a concerned YJ parent to me.

In no specific order (as that will lead to more consensus) what are the top 5 teams in this age group?

In order
1) YJ Curcio
2) Heroes green
3) MD black
4) Integrity
5) Stars

Honorable mention; legacy, YJ 2,Heroes 2,

Mid atlantic tournament will be interesting as I believe MD BLACK, Heroes green and yj curcio in the same pool. I believe that because Long Island allows 7-8 graders to play varsity and High school ball is not completely done yet YJ sometimes has a depleted team . That said no excuses if you want to be considered the best then they need to win.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ blue
Heros green
M&D black
Integrity
TG black

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ blue
Heros green
M&D black
Integrity
TG black

TG Black should not even be included in this list, The team is now irrelevant, all the good players have left and what's left are now B/PAL level Players. They should no longer be mentioned with these other teams. saw the practice recently and boy do they look horrible. they will not win anything esp with the only other decent player they had out long term with an injury. They have fallen hard and fast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]YJ blue
Heros green
M&D black
Integrity
TG black

TG Black should not even be included in this list, The team is now irrelevant, all the good players have left and what's left are now B/PAL level Players. They should no longer be mentioned with these other teams. saw the practice recently and boy do they look horrible. they will not win anything esp with the only other decent player they had out long term with an injury. They have fallen hard and fast

Your assessment of TG black is premature they still have a NCAA division 1 coach and added quality players at the last tryout. They open with Hero's green and that will be a good test in their first summer tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]YJ blue
Heros green
M&D black
Integrity
TG black

TG Black should not even be included in this list, The team is now irrelevant, all the good players have left and what's left are now B/PAL level Players. They should no longer be mentioned with these other teams. saw the practice recently and boy do they look horrible. they will not win anything esp with the only other decent player they had out long term with an injury. They have fallen hard and fast

Your assessment of TG black is premature they still have a NCAA division 1 coach and added quality players at the last tryout. They open with Hero's green and that will be a good test in their first summer tournament.

D1 Coach whose team only won 3 games this season, If that's what you're banking on to get you to the promised land, you can forget it. Good player does not make a good coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ blue
Heros green
M&D black
Integrity
TG black

TG Black should not even be included in this list, The team is now irrelevant, all the good players have left and what's left are now B/PAL level Players. They should no longer be mentioned with these other teams. saw the practice recently and boy do they look horrible. they will not win anything esp with the only other decent player they had out long term with an injury. They have fallen hard and fast.

So you were just driving along and stumbled upon a TG practice and decided to stick around and watch?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's a new king in town. In the finals of the National Girls Lacrosse League (NGLL), the 2020 Integrity team beat Heros Green 7-5 to win it all. Heros beat M&D Black in the semi's and Integrity beat Stars. The Integrity 2020's were already a really good team but winning the NGLL puts them on a level equal to M&D, Heros, etc.

Also, Integrity beat Maryland United East in the quarterfinals. Md United not as sexy as they used to be. Very over-rated.
Congrats Integrity! This should be a very good summer.

The king is a moron
When they beat YJ 2020 then they can celebrate.

FEAR THE BEE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say:
YJ
Integrity
M&D Black
Hero's Green
TLC Red

Remember, Integrity beat Hero's Green in the finals of the NGLL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say:
YJ
Integrity
M&D Black
Hero's Green
TLC Red

Actually, I made a mistake: My order should be:

YJ
Integrity
Heros Green
M&D Black
TLC Red

By my own logic, since Integrity beat Heros Green in the finals and is therefore ranked higher, Heros Green should be ranked above M&D Black since they beat them in the semi's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say:
YJ
Integrity
M&D Black
Hero's Green
TLC Red

YJ
Integrity
Heros Green
M&D Black
TLC Red

By my own logic, since Integrity beat Heros Green in the finals and is therefore ranked higher, Heros Green should be ranked above M&D Black since they beat them in the semi's.

I agree with your top 4. I think #5 is Leg Blue

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2020 landscape

Top Tier: YJ and M&D
Next Tier: Heros Green, Stars, Integrity

Any of the teams can beat anyone else, will be a great summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say:
YJ
Integrity
M&D Black
Hero's Green
TLC Red

YJ
Integrity
Heros Green
M&D Black
TLC Red

That's intelligent logic. One game between Integrity and Heros determines the rankings? If only Integrity played in any real tournaments, we could find out. Instead you will be hiding in B tournaments all summer to post your championships on your website. Much better for the 8th grade girls to play at tournaments with no college coaches. Have fun!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say:
YJ
Integrity
M&D Black
Hero's Green
TLC Red

Integrity is playing in the same tournament as YJ to start the season. I guess that means YJ is playing in a "B" tournament too, right? You sound like an intimidated YJ parent to me. I'd be nervous if I was you too.

YJ
Integrity
Heros Green
M&D Black
TLC Red

That's intelligent logic. One game between Integrity and Heros determines the rankings? If only Integrity played in any real tournaments, we could find out. Instead you will be hiding in B tournaments all summer to post your championships on your website. Much better for the 8th grade girls to play at tournaments with no college coaches. Have fun!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]YJ blue
Heros green
M&D black
Integrity
TG black

Quality players?!?! You're joking right??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]YJ blue
Heros green
M&D black
Integrity
TG black

So you were just driving along and stumbled upon a TG practice and decided to stick around and watch?

Scouting TG practices worrying about the competition

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say:
YJ
Integrity
M&D Black
Hero's Green
TLC Red

Integrity is playing in the same tournament as YJ to start the season. I guess that means YJ is playing in a "B" tournament too, right? You sound like an intimidated YJ parent to me. I'd be nervous if I was you too.

YJ
Integrity
Heros Green
M&D Black
TLC Red

Not a YJ parent, from MD actually. Just think it's funny that Integrity parents are pounding their chests after winning one game. Have you played YJ Curcio? If you had, you would know that you should be the one's that are nervous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]YJ blue
Heros green
M&D black
Integrity
TG black

Another intimidated YJ parent comment. Nervous, nervous, nervous...Their whole life revolves being able to claim they're the best 2020 team in the country. The only problem with their logic is that NO ONE ELSE cares. It means NOTHING to be the best 2020 team. Get a life YJ'ers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]YJ blue
Heros green
M&D black
Integrity
TG black

Another intimidated YJ parent comment. Nervous, nervous, nervous...Their whole life revolves being able to claim they're the best 2020 team in the country. The only problem with their logic is that NO ONE ELSE cares. It means NOTHING to be the best 2020 team. Get a life YJ'ers.

2am and a husband is sitting up in bed unable to sleep. His wife wakes up and says what's the matter? Husband responds I can't sleep until I figure out what clubs have the best 13 year old lacrosse teams. Wife looks at her husband stunned and says you're kidding right? Husband responds no its been keeping me up most nights because I need to know who's the best. Wife just stares at husband unable to comprehend at 2am that her husband is a complete moron.
Folks it's time to get a life. No one cares who has the best 2020 team. The world doesn't revolve around girls lacrosse. The girls don't take it as seriously as the parents do and never will. Enjoy your summers. Watch your daughters play and have fun. Going to work on Monday with your daughters medal from the weekend is really pathetic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]YJ blue
Heros green
M&D black
Integrity
TG black

Of course people care. Only people who have kids playing on teams that have no chance at being the top team say no one cares. Why go to championship tournaments at all if you do not care about winning.. That said most YJ parents are more concerned with getting their child into a school that is a good fit for them and yes many want to do it as early as possible. Have to say that YJ 2019 seems to be killing it in terms of excellent academic and lax schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]YJ blue
Heros green
M&D black
Integrity
TG black

Of course people care. Only people who have kids playing on teams that have no chance at being the top team say no one cares. Why go to championship tournaments at all if you do not care about winning.. That said most YJ parents are more concerned with getting their child into a school that is a good fit for them and yes many want to do it as early as possible. Have to say that YJ 2019 seems to be killing it in terms of excellent academic and lax schools.

Okay...Let me try again. What does being on "the best" team get your daughter? Is it more or less than a girl gets for playing on the (mythological) 4th best team? Let me answer for you...It gets her nothing more than any other girl. As long as each player, that wants to play in college, finds the school that fits her best academically and athletically, the benefit to all of them is the same regardless of whether they play for M&D or Elevate, or whoever. Same, same. So, playing for the mythological best team (who only seems to matter to YJ parents) is irrelevant. That's what everyone who thankfully doesn't play for YJ is trying to tell you. Being "the best" 2020 girls club lacrosse team means ZERO.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous] If only Integrity played in any real tournaments, we could find out. Instead you will be hiding in B tournaments all summer to post your championships on your website. Much better for the 8th grade girls to play at tournaments with no college coaches. Have fun!!

Not sure I'm following you. Integrity 2020 is at Summer Genesis June 11-13 along with Stars, TLC, YJ , TG, M&D, TLC, et al.

Hardly a "B tournament". Should be great to see all these strong teams line up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]YJ blue
Heros green
M&D black
Integrity
TG black

Okay...Let me try again. What does being on "the best" team get your daughter? Is it more or less than a girl gets for playing on the (mythological) 4th best team? Let me answer for you...It gets her nothing more than any other girl. As long as each player, that wants to play in college, finds the school that fits her best academically and athletically, the benefit to all of them is the same regardless of whether they play for M&D or Elevate, or whoever. Same, same. So, playing for the mythological best team (who only seems to matter to YJ parents) is irrelevant. That's what everyone who thankfully doesn't play for YJ is trying to tell you. Being "the best" 2020 girls club lacrosse team means ZERO.

Exactly! NCAA rosters seem to be filled with non-yj players and non-top five team players as well. the best players on some of the worst teams are easily better than the bottom two thirds of most "top teams" rosters and that's why all the rosters are not filled with only yj/m&d players etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]YJ blue
Heros green
M&D black
Integrity
TG black

Tg will have there hands full trying to remain a top 5 team on long island, forget the rest of the lax world. yj "A", elevate, liberty, leg and yj "b" team will give them all they can handle, wouldn't be surprised if they lost to everyone of those teams this summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]YJ blue
Heros green
M&D black
Integrity
TG black

2am and a husband is sitting up in bed unable to sleep. His wife wakes up and says what's the matter? Husband responds I can't sleep until I figure out what clubs have the best 13 year old lacrosse teams. Wife looks at her husband stunned and says you're kidding right? Husband responds no its been keeping me up most nights because I need to know who's the best. Wife just stares at husband unable to comprehend at 2am that her husband is a complete moron.
Folks it's time to get a life. No one cares who has the best 2020 team. The world doesn't revolve around girls lacrosse. The girls don't take it as seriously as the parents do and never will. Enjoy your summers. Watch your daughters play and have fun. Going to work on Monday with your daughters medal from the weekend is really pathetic.

Completely disagree that the girls don't take it serious. They take great pride in their team accomplishments. It's discussed at school, on snapchat, group texts, etc.

Don't want to sound like an [lacrosse], but the other poster is right. The girls that don't win all the time are the one's that don't care. Maybe that's why their on teams that don't win all the time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]YJ blue
Heros green
M&D black
Integrity
TG black

Tg will have there hands full trying to remain a top 5 team on long island, forget the rest of the lax world. yj "A", elevate, liberty, leg and yj "b" team will give them all they can handle, wouldn't be surprised if they lost to everyone of those teams this summer

TG black lost their only strong player to a season ending injury. She was the glue that kept that team competitive. We wish her a full recovery, as for the team they will struggle some now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Okay...Let me try again. What does being on "the best" team get your daughter? Is it more or less than a girl gets for playing on the (mythological) 4th best team? Let me answer for you...It gets her nothing more than any other girl. As long as each player, that wants to play in college, finds the school that fits her best academically and athletically, the benefit to all of them is the same regardless of whether they play for M&D or Elevate, or whoever. Same, same. So, playing for the mythological best team (who only seems to matter to YJ parents) is irrelevant. That's what everyone who thankfully doesn't play for YJ is trying to tell you. Being "the best" 2020 girls club lacrosse team means ZERO."

First you keep saying it means nothing but it means exactly what it says that they are the best 2020 team in the country. If you don't think that playing on one of the best teams in the country gets you anything you are sadly mistaken. Its gets you more exposure to college coaches . Before you say the standard they recruit individuals not teams I can tell you many a kid has been recruited when a coach is watching a game with a kid not on their radar .Playing and practicing with better players makes you a better player. There are a lot of advantages to playing on a top team including the free swag when you win. Stop being jealous .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]YJ blue
Heros green
M&D black
Integrity
TG black

TG black lost their only strong player to a season ending injury. She was the glue that kept that team competitive. We wish her a full recovery, as for the team they will struggle some now.

they were going to struggle with her, now they're just playing out the season and hoping not to embarrass themselves

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]YJ blue
Heros green
M&D black
Integrity
TG black

they were going to struggle with her, now they're just playing out the season and hoping not to embarrass themselves

Yes true indeed, and next year she will probably not be wearing purple in the summer season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's YJ as the top team. Young Guns is not in the discussion, and never has at this age group.

Now let's go to the best of the rest. M&D and Stars are the only ones to hang with YJ.

Integrity and Heroes round out a great group.

That's what the college coaches will be looking at, so yes it does matter if your team is in the top 5.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree that those 5 teams are arguably the best 5 in the country. But, what is YJ's obsession with having to be labelled as "the best"? My point was, in the grand scheme of things, being the best 2020 girls club lax team means nothing. It only matters to Mr and Mrs YJ Parent. You YJ people are the most vocal ones I've heard claiming to be the best. Why does it matter so much to you to be the best? It's a team of current 13-14 year old girl lacrosse players. What's wrong with being considered "one of the best"?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree that those 5 teams are arguably the best 5 in the country. But, what is YJ's obsession with having to be labelled as "the best"? My point was, in the grand scheme of things, being the best 2020 girls club lax team means nothing. It only matters to Mr and Mrs YJ Parent. You YJ people are the most vocal ones I've heard claiming to be the best. Why does it matter so much to you to be the best? It's a team of current 13-14 year old girl lacrosse players. What's wrong with being considered "one of the best"?

That is a completely different argument than you were making earlier. If it matters to be one of the best then it matters as to who of those is the best. It doesn't take a genius to figure out why the yj parents are the most vocal, could it be that they are the ones who mostly believe they are the best. If it didn't matter you would not be on here crying about it so much.Now go back to your expensive town team known as TG.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

Well said - the girls that can play, will play in college regardless of what club they play for. Have you watched the D1 playoffs? After the top 4 teams the talent level is woefully lacking and when you get down to teams outside the top 25 its glorified HS teams. To put your mind at ease, go to the clubs that you think are the weakest and look at their commitment pages. Even they place their best players. Coaches want players. Relax and hope your kids do well in school and if your life long dream is to have your daughter coach summer league or a HS team for $4k that can happen to!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is a completely different argument than you were making earlier. If it matters to be one of the best then it matters as to who of those is the best. It doesn't take a genius to figure out why the yj parents are the most vocal, could it be that they are the ones who mostly believe they are the best. If it didn't matter you would not be on here crying about it so much.Now go back to your expensive town team known as TG.

Hey YJ Parent...you assume too much. I don't live in NY. Kid is graduating high school today and she didn't play for TG.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]YJ blue
Heros green
M&D black
Integrity
TG black

Completely disagree that the girls don't take it serious. They take great pride in their team accomplishments. It's discussed at school, on snapchat, group texts, etc.

Don't want to sound like an [lacrosse], but the other poster is right. The girls that don't win all the time are the one's that don't care. Maybe that's why their on teams that don't win all the time.

You don't sound like an a$$ at all. You sound like you have no clue about competitive sports.

You wrote:
"The girls that don't win all the time are the one's that don't care."

So according to your logic, every kid on the u-19 USA team doesn't care because they lost to Canada in the finals?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If she is graduating why the [lacrosse] you on this website discussing 8th graders

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ blue
Heros green
M&D black
Integrity