BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 40 of 70 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 69 70
Re: Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (HoCo)
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The clubs like the rule the way they are.
The leagues like the rules the way they are.
The High School and College coaches like the rules the way they are.
3 or 4 parents hate the rules and complain constantly instead of moving their kid to a team / league where they do like the rules.

Complete and utter BS. Go ask people in LI if they think holdbacks should be allowed to play down in youth lacrosse. They have a sizable club lacrosse community.

Only leagues that like the rule and goes by it is HOCO. Most leagues that have grade base teams also have a age restriction for all players.

HS teams and College teams are not hollering for Grade base teams?? HS and College did fine the last 50 years with age base??? What all the sudden we need grade base teams loaded with holdbacks??

It is much much more than 3 or 4 parents. Most people and coaches are against it, outside of MIAA area and other schools with holdbacks. And most people are civil and keep their mouth shut around the players. Almost No one blames the players.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 or 4 parents hate the rules and complain constantly instead of moving their kid to a team / league where they do like the rules.

Majority of parents do not agree with holdbacks. Don't gloss over a real issue.

Obviously they don't care enough to move their kids out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no issue....The issue is lacrosse is competitive....WE have been playing sports in this state for may years the cover 1 to 2 year differences.... You can't throw out "most parents agree with me on holdbacks" on an anonymous site to get your point across.... Quit your belly aching and crying....Go play rec and get your trophy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get bent and take you and your cry baby son back to rec...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get bent and take you and your cry baby son back to rec...

Says "big tough daddy" Tell "The Big Guy" to get out there and kick some kids' [lacrosse]!!
You are a chump.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
16 year olds vs 13 year olds is not competitive. Crabs cheat and still lose. LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Complete and utter BS. Go ask people in LI if they think holdbacks should be allowed to play down in youth lacrosse. They have a sizable club lacrosse community.

Only leagues that like the rule and goes by it is HOCO. Most leagues that have grade base teams also have a age restriction for all players.

HS teams and College teams are not hollering for Grade base teams?? HS and College did fine the last 50 years with age base??? What all the sudden we need grade base teams loaded with holdbacks??

It is much much more than 3 or 4 parents. Most people and coaches are against it, outside of MIAA area and other schools with holdbacks. And most people are civil and keep their mouth shut around the players. Almost No one blames the players.

We should ask LI. It's where grade based team started, even though it hurts them as they have Dec 1 school cut-off. At the end of the day most reasonable coaches and parents want their kids in playing in competitive games. The hoco league did a great job segmenting the teams. Even the Crabs with their older kids lost 2 games. The 2020 kids that played in the elite division should feel fortunate to play in such a competitive environment leading into HS and potential recruiting events. My kid played in AA, right where he should have. And that too was highly competitive with plenty of kids that will break through one day and over take some of the "elite" boys. I'm guessing the A & B divisions were the same. I'd be happy to see single year U divisions as my kids are July and April public school kids. But it seems hoco won't be changing anytime soon unless the clubs themselves change first. Ask soccer - it's hard to break up teams that have been together for a few years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clubs like it for the money. Hey we just 3 verbal commits on our 8th grade team. Come pay me thousands of dollars and I will do the same for your son. Please ignore the fact that these kids were 16 and held back twice and there is not full ride in D1 lacrosse, the team's carry 50 on their roster and your son will never see the field. Just pay me more money and I will gladly berate and curse at your kid on the sideline, at practice and everytime I see him. I never played the game and am so damn fat I can barely walk - but your kid is a star.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clubs like it for the money. Hey we just 3 verbal commits on our 8th grade team. Come pay me thousands of dollars and I will do the same for your son. Please ignore the fact that these kids were 16 and held back twice and there is not full ride in D1 lacrosse, the team's carry 50 on their roster and your son will never see the field. Just pay me more money and I will gladly berate and curse at your kid on the sideline, at practice and everytime I see him. I never played the game and am so damn fat I can barely walk - but your kid is a star.

Well if all the teams followed the same rules the best clubs would still get the verbal commits. they might be freshman or sophomores but still the top clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bitter?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope - truth hurts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holding back your kid will hurt them more if they get shown up by younger kids. It's something parents should think about before making such a life changing decision for their kid. Imagine your kid doesn't get recruited? Doesn't get into one of their dream schools? Gets no scholarship? Ends up frustrated on a bench once in college... Will it be worth it? Especially when so many will be able to do so without being left back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holding back your kid will hurt them more if they get shown up by younger kids. It's something parents should think about before making such a life changing decision for their kid. Imagine your kid doesn't get recruited? Doesn't get into one of their dream schools? Gets no scholarship? Ends up frustrated on a bench once in college... Will it be worth it? Especially when so many will be able to do so without being left back.

Not a parent of a holdback but why do you care what other parents/kids do? Really none of your business. Parents of kids who hold back don't need a lecture. I'm sure they have their reasons and have done their homework.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a parent of a holdback but why do you care what other parents/kids do? Really none of your business. Parents of kids who hold back don't need a lecture. I'm sure they have their reasons and have done their homework.

They have a bunch of different reasons why their child is heldback. And some are for sports. But I agree with you..It is up to parent to do what they think is right for their child even if is for sports.

But that doesnt mean we need to give the holdbacks special privileges to play down in youth sports the majority of other kids dont get.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope - truth hurts

Hurts who ?
Pathetic ! Period!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is bitter!! Period!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then they should play with their own age. Hold back all you want, but play in the age group you belong in. Otherwise you are simply trying to make yourself look better and risking injury to other kids. That is why people care and should continue to care. It is called sportsmanship and character.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Truth hurts that certain club lacrosse owners are in it for one thing - the $$$. Selling the dream to naive parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then they should play with their own age. Hold back all you want, but play in the age group you belong in. Otherwise you are simply trying to make yourself look better and risking injury to other kids. That is why people care and should continue to care. It is called sportsmanship and character.

^^^Make yourself look better?? 12 year old? Really? Parent that made a decision 7,8 years ago about education? They have no sportsmanship or Character?
says a lot about your character to write something about ALOT OF GOOD PEOPLE AND KIDS.. My son has been playing up( 1-2 full age years) his whole life until recently playing club where he happens to fall in the older side of his teammates which happens to be some of his class mates since 1st grade. 3 months older not 1-2 years. 'Holdbacks or pre 1st which my son is is a big spectrum . calling out my families character is showing a great lack in sportsmanship..\
Good luck to you and yours when high school comes around. What excuse will you have then.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Truth hurts that certain club lacrosse owners are in it for one thing - the $$$. Selling the dream to naive parents.

Certain Club owners?? thats funny. Everyone that runs a club is out to make money. Thats why they run a club. Its a business. One that we pay money for provides the best coaching . teachers. tournaments , level of play and many other great life lessons that we would never get from myself or any other dad from rec ball. ..naive? thats comically to make a statement like that. My sons Dreams are his own and certainly density need a club owner to sell him on it..I guess you don't pay money to a club right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

^^^Make yourself look better?? 12 year old? Really? Parent that made a decision 7,8 years ago about education? They have no sportsmanship or Character?
says a lot about your character to write something about ALOT OF GOOD PEOPLE AND KIDS.. My son has been playing up( 1-2 full age years) his whole life until recently playing club where he happens to fall in the older side of his teammates which happens to be some of his class mates since 1st grade. 3 months older not 1-2 years. 'Holdbacks or pre 1st which my son is is a big spectrum . calling out my families character is showing a great lack in sportsmanship..\
Good luck to you and yours when high school comes around. What excuse will you have then.

if your son went to pre-first and stayed back a year and is playing with his current graduating then you are cheating and teaching your child it is ok to cheat. you can have him play up, or on age, not against younger kids. your character is the one to be questioned.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Certain Club owners?? thats funny. Everyone that runs a club is out to make money. Thats why they run a club. Its a business. One that we pay money for provides the best coaching . teachers. tournaments , level of play and many other great life lessons that we would never get from myself or any other dad from rec ball. ..naive? thats comically to make a statement like that. My sons Dreams are his own and certainly density need a club owner to sell him on it..I guess you don't pay money to a club right?

if club ball wasn't around, wouldn't the kids get the same experiences through their local rec programs? most club coaches also coached or still coach rec teams. some rec programs are now playing many more tournaments trying to keep the recs afloat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck to you and yours when high school comes around. What excuse will you have then. [/quote]

if your son went to pre-first and stayed back a year and is playing with his current graduating then you are cheating and teaching your child it is ok to cheat. you can have him play up, or on age, not against younger kids. your character is the one to be questioned.[/quote]

How is he cheating? He is playing on a grade based team in a grade based league. Sounds like he is following the rules. So the team and league says he plays with his graduating year but you want him to play with the next year? That doesn't make sense. He's following the rules of the league. If you don't like the rules, play in a different league or petition the league. Don't call people who are following the rules cheaters or question their character. Your problem is with the league, so go to a different league. Accusing people falsely calls your character into question.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Life lessons like repeating grades in order to compete against younger kids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if your son went to pre-first and stayed back a year and is playing with his current graduating then you are cheating and teaching your child it is ok to cheat. you can have him play up, or on age, not against younger kids. your character is the one to be questioned.[/quote]

How is he cheating? He is playing on a grade based team in a grade based league. Sounds like he is following the rules. So the team and league says he plays with his graduating year but you want him to play with the next year? That doesn't make sense. He's following the rules of the league. If you don't like the rules, play in a different league or petition the league. Don't call people who are following the rules cheaters or question their character. Your problem is with the league, so go to a different league. Accusing people falsely calls your character into question. [/quote]

How is he cheating? He is playing on a grade based team in a grade based league. Sounds like he is following the rules. So the team and league says he plays with his graduating year but you want him to play with the next year? That doesn't make sense. He's following the rules of the league. If you don't like the rules, play in a different league or petition the league. Don't call people who are following the rules cheaters or question their character. Your problem is with the league, so go to a different league. Accusing people falsely calls your character into question. [/quote]

Cheating? Start in my son early in Kindergarden wasn't the correct choice or the advice from the school and the counties recommendations for his bday. It was obvious he needed to what so he repeated Kindergarden. Lacrosse wasn't even a thought! Your comments again against me and thousands of good families cheaters is simply sad .,my son is and most likely will be the smallest kid on the field but his skill has allowed him to play up and against REAL OLDER KIDS until club ball which we follow all the rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sound like a Drama queen. You son has not been playing up his whole life ! He has been playing in his proper age bracket. Even if he was born in August(last month) and playing in MYLA with two year brackets. The absolute most he would be one year is 1 year 11 months to the absolute oldest kid the first year in age bracket. The following year he would be 11 moths at the most younger to the absolute oldest kid.

And if it was a proper age base league of single years instead of single grades your son would be 11 months max younger than oldest kid. But everyone would be within a year. If a player isnt held back/prefirst and born in August/summer like your son..you now want some players not held back to have a bigger age deference than your son used too or would have with a age based league...Seems fair to you???? Do you understand that..You used to be complaining about what is even worst for some kids not heldback now!!!

Why does your son get to play down?? If he is allowed to play down than all kids born in same month as your son should be allowed to play down irregardless of grade. That is called fair sportsmanship. Do you think your son deserves some special deal that other children shouldn't get due to your decision to do prefirst ??. That is a grade not even offered in the Public schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's call a spade a spade. If your kid is on 2020 team in HOCO and magically appears on a 2021 team next year you are cheating. Did you see the Crabs 2020 team this year? They have 16 year olds on an 8th grade team. You can say it doesn't break any rules, it's a grade based league, they were pre-first, if you don't like it go play age based base, go play rec ball, your a wuss, your kid stinks - all the typical things a parent says when they reclassed their kid for lacrosse. Bottom line is this gaming of a grade classification system is damaging the youth game. Go ahead and pound your chest when your "big guy" runs over a 13 year old. EVERYONE outside of crabby world thinks you and the organization you play for are a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's call a spade a spade. If your kid is on 2020 team in HOCO and magically appears on a 2021 team next year you are cheating. Did you see the Crabs 2020 team this year? They have 16 year olds on an 8th grade team. You can say it doesn't break any rules, it's a grade based league, they were pre-first, if you don't like it go play age based base, go play rec ball, your a wuss, your kid stinks - all the typical things a parent says when they reclassed their kid for lacrosse. Bottom line is this gaming of a grade classification system is damaging the youth game. Go ahead and pound your chest when your "big guy" runs over a 13 year old. EVERYONE outside of crabby world thinks you and the organization you play for are a joke.

You obviously have an ax to grind against Crabs. FCA has kids as old as Crabs but you don't disparage them. You only come on here and rail on Crabs. Why don't you take up your beef with all the HOCO holdbacks and not just the kids on the Crabs? EVERYONE thinks you are a whining crybaby.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Let's call a spade a spade. If your kid is on 2020 team in HOCO and magically appears on a 2021 team next year you are cheating. Did you see the Crabs 2020 team this year? They have 16 year olds on an 8th grade team. You can say it doesn't break any rules, it's a grade based league, they were pre-first, if you don't like it go play age based base, go play rec ball, your a wuss, your kid stinks - all the typical things a parent says when they reclassed their kid for lacrosse. Bottom line is this gaming of a grade classification system is damaging the youth game. Go ahead and pound your chest when your "big guy" runs over a 13 year old. EVERYONE outside of crabby world thinks you and the organization you play for are a joke.

0-6 says it all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK - If FCA does it than they are in the same boat as Crabs. Having said that - no one plays the holdback game like Crabs. Multiple 16 year olds on an 8th grade team. How can you even do that with a straight face. At least they won HOCO. Oh wait - no they didn't. Looneys spanked them. Maybe next year. Half the team will be on the 2021 squad anyway. Rinse and repeat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cheat
Reclassify
Always
Because (otherwise we would)
Suck

1 for 4 in HOCO playoffs for fat crab's program - LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK - If FCA does it than they are in the same boat as Crabs. Having said that - no one plays the holdback game like Crabs. Multiple 16 year olds on an 8th grade team. How can you even do that with a straight face. At least they won HOCO. Oh wait - no they didn't. Looneys spanked them. Maybe next year. Half the team will be on the 2021 squad anyway. Rinse and repeat.

it is the crabs business model to hold back and play older kids against younger kids. That is why everyone has an issue with crabs. That and their attitude that they are the best when in actuality it is just them beating up on younger kids and parents paying for a coach that berates the kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cheat
Reclassify
Always
Suck

Call Crabs what you may but no other club program in Maryland has developed more D1 lax players than the hated Crabs....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cheat
Reclassify
Always
Suck

Wow. Did you come up with that all by yourself? You must think you are so clever.

Did any other club get all of its teams into the playoffs? I'm sure RM is so upset.

And obviously you are just jumping on the bandwagon as Crabs was the best club before grade based lacrosse to saying they would suck without holdbacks is just plain ignorant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if your son went to pre-first and stayed back a year and is playing with his current graduating then you are cheating and teaching your child it is ok to cheat. you can have him play up, or on age, not against younger kids. your character is the one to be questioned.

You sound like a Drama queen. You son has not been playing up his whole life ! He has been playing in his proper age bracket. Even if he was born in August(last month) and playing in MYLA with two year brackets. The absolute most he would be one year is 1 year 11 months to the absolute oldest kid the first year in age bracket. The following year he would be 11 moths at the most younger to the absolute oldest kid.

And if it was a proper age base league of single years instead of single grades your son would be 11 months max younger than oldest kid. But everyone would be within a year. If a player isnt held back/prefirst and born in August/summer like your son..you now want some players not held back to have a bigger age deference than your son used too or would have with a age based league...Seems fair to you???? Do you understand that..You used to be complaining about what is even worst for some kids not heldback now!!!

Why does your son get to play down?? If he is allowed to play down than all kids born in same month as your son should be allowed to play down irregardless of grade. That is called fair sportsmanship. Do you think your son deserves some special deal that other children shouldn't get due to your decision to do prefirst ??. That is a grade not even offered in the Public schools. [/quote]

You still don't get it. His kid is within the rules. So yes I think it is fair. Your issue is with the rules. Stop calling people cheaters who are not cheating. Do something to change the rules or switch leagues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fat Crab was pretty upset when Looneys smashed the 2020 team. Stormed off like a whittle bitty red baby.

Field a team a team without their Holdbacks and see how good they are - because even with 16 year olds they barely win or lose. It's a farce.

Crabs is old news. They have resorted to cheating to win and the other clubs are catching up. Sorry - the empire is crumbling like a bag of Cheetos....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about parents be parents and realize - ya know what - it's not right for my kid to be 16 in the 8th grade playing against 13 year olds? That would be nice...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How is he cheating? He is playing on a grade based team in a grade based league. Sounds like he is following the rules. So the team and league says he plays with his graduating year but you want him to play with the next year? That doesn't make sense. He's following the rules of the league. If you don't like the rules, play in a different league or petition the league. Don't call people who are following the rules cheaters or question their character. Your problem is with the league, so go to a different league. Accusing people falsely calls your character into question.

Why does your son get to play down?? If he is allowed to play down than all kids born in same month as your son should be allowed to play down irregardless of grade. That is called fair sportsmanship. Do you think your son deserves some special deal that other children shouldn't get due to your decision to do prefirst ??. That is a grade not even offered in the Public schools. [/quote]

You still don't get it. His kid is within the rules. So yes I think it is fair. Your issue is with the rules. Stop calling people cheaters who are not cheating. Do something to change the rules or switch leagues. [/quote]

Where once in the response above did I mention cheaters?? I was responding to the drama queen saying his kid always played up. Which was BS. His kid was just playing within his age bracket. And the same thing he was complaining about..He wants other peoples children to have now plus wants a bigger age difference due to an arbitrary prefirst grade or holding your child back?? And of course only a select group of kids get to enjoy this benefit, like his and probably yours.

Of course you are within the rules. The rules were written to give a select group of children ( mainly private school prefirst kids) an advantage the majority of children in Maryland do not get.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then take it up with league or change leagues. Until you're willing to do that, quit calling people who are following the rules cheaters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so, a 15 year old, who is in 7th grade, playing against other 15 year olds who are in their age appropriate grade is now considered playing up?

whatever parent thinks this is a moron!

Like Reply Quote
Page 40 of 70 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 69 70
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard