BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 23 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 22 23
Re: Girls 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Did not see where the poster said anything about her daughter playing top 20 D1 . Reality is there are very few girls period, being recruited to play top 20

Maybe I am a whack job, but is anyone else out there trying to talk their daughter out of playing in college???? my 2019 looks borderline D1, more likely D3. but in either case working your butt off, all the early mornings, workouts, fall tournaments.. I just don't see the value... each your there's what 3 programs (MD, UNC, SU) that have a chance to win it all?? everyone else is playing exhibition lacrosse almost right?

why not enjoy college, get some great grades, make friends beyond the 35 girls on the roster, things like that. gonna be many years of getting up early and going off to work after school, in the real world..

I guess you don't see the value in competing and working toward common goals. It isn't for everyone. I played a D3 sport and those games/practices/bus rides and teammates are some of my best memories of college. I learned great life lessons and challenged myself. There was no national championship we were chasing, we just loved to compete. It's too bad that that is lost on people. And I really enjoyed college, got some good grades, made friends beyond the 22 on my roster and things like that. I went on to graduate school, have had a fulfilling career and a great family. And I know for sure my life would be less full without the friends and experiences I had playing college sports. Is it the end all be all, probably not, but it is a very great thing for very many and emphatically disagree with your construct that there is no value in it.

I think you both have some very valid points. And when I do mention considering D3 for my daughter - I am treated almost like a pariah by a bunch of parents from her club team. Also coming from a D3 school and then onto grad school - I still have not lost sight of nor forgotten about why I went to college. Well, after the parties and all that - there was the education. Putting the education below lacrosse on the schools' criteria list totally baffles me.

oh so you ending up actually talking to some of the psycho lax parents?? sounds rough yeah. I bring my son and a football and steer clear of the cat fights..

It's mostly YJ parents that look down on anyone who wants to play D3, did play D3 or just wants to play for fun. They are very shallow and can only have a meaningful life if Little YJ'er plays D1 for a top 1 team. To them, anything else is total failure and they are banished from the YJ community by CR herself.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did not see where the poster said anything about her daughter playing top 20 D1 . Reality is there are very few girls period, being recruited to play top 20

Maybe I am a whack job, but is anyone else out there trying to talk their daughter out of playing in college???? my 2019 looks borderline D1, more likely D3. but in either case working your butt off, all the early mornings, workouts, fall tournaments.. I just don't see the value... each your there's what 3 programs (MD, UNC, SU) that have a chance to win it all?? everyone else is playing exhibition lacrosse almost right?

why not enjoy college, get some great grades, make friends beyond the 35 girls on the roster, things like that. gonna be many years of getting up early and going off to work after school, in the real world..

I guess you don't see the value in competing and working toward common goals. It isn't for everyone. I played a D3 sport and those games/practices/bus rides and teammates are some of my best memories of college. I learned great life lessons and challenged myself. There was no national championship we were chasing, we just loved to compete. It's too bad that that is lost on people. And I really enjoyed college, got some good grades, made friends beyond the 22 on my roster and things like that. I went on to graduate school, have had a fulfilling career and a great family. And I know for sure my life would be less full without the friends and experiences I had playing college sports. Is it the end all be all, probably not, but it is a very great thing for very many and emphatically disagree with your construct that there is no value in it.

I think you both have some very valid points. And when I do mention considering D3 for my daughter - I am treated almost like a pariah by a bunch of parents from her club team. Also coming from a D3 school and then onto grad school - I still have not lost sight of nor forgotten about why I went to college. Well, after the parties and all that - there was the education. Putting the education below lacrosse on the schools' criteria list totally baffles me.

oh so you ending up actually talking to some of the psycho lax parents?? sounds rough yeah. I bring my son and a football and steer clear of the cat fights..

It's mostly YJ parents that look down on anyone who wants to play D3, did play D3 or just wants to play for fun. They are very shallow and can only have a meaningful life if Little YJ'er plays D1 for a top 1 team. To them, anything else is total failure and they are banished from the YJ community by CR herself.

A very large amount of these kids (and more appropriately their parents) are being set up for a big disappointment

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Umm, not sure if you were aware of it but CR played D3 so I am not sure how much sense you are making. Nice try though !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Umm, not sure if you were aware of it but CR played D3 so I am not sure how much sense you are making. Nice try though !

yeah what are you thinking??? she couldn't be nicer, and more accepting of girls at any level.. she's all about lifting everyone up / never plays favorites. come on now!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR played D3? Was that before or after she joined WCW as Dusty Rhodes?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR played D3? Was that before or after she joined WCW as Dusty Rhodes?

literally spit out my coffee when I read that.. dead ringer. maybe bigger calfs but other than that spot on..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
play nice in the sand box!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any recruiting news? It really has been quiet around the circuit. Quiet before the storm I suppose.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Umd got two top players from Heros and mnd. Done w 19s I hear.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BC got two top players from YJ 19 and 20

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
STEPS 2019s, one to Northwestern and one to Notre Dame

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
STEPS 2019s, one to Northwestern and one to Notre Dame

Northwestern one is a few months old, correct? How about the ND commitment? Seems like during the season, there has been a trickle, after quite a few earlier on. Does that jive with what everyone else is hearing/seeing? I would guess into the summer it will pick up quite quickly again with the next wave?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes NW commit is a few months old. ND commit within last two weeks. Agree with the rest of your assessment other than at YJs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are many, many more verbals happening than get published on the various sites.

many schools keep them close to the vest. MD just happens to very open about it. ND commit a good example- see it on any sites?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, Yellow Jackets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are many, many more verbals happening than get published on the various sites.

many schools keep them close to the vest. MD just happens to very open about it. ND commit a good example- see it on any sites?

Have never seen a commit played close to the vest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Close to the vest? Yeah right

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

well here's your chance! just look at the one a poster mentioned above. the ND commit he claims is from STEPS... her verbal is not on the club website. You think they wouldn't walk to crow about that?? if ND says 'don't go public with the news'- what do think the kid is going to call WaveOne and have them write it up???

there is not full transparency in this.. like most any business.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

well here's your chance! just look at the one a poster mentioned above. the ND commit he claims is from STEPS... her verbal is not on the club website. You think they wouldn't walk to crow about that?? if ND says 'don't go public with the news'- what do think the kid is going to call WaveOne and have them write it up???

I assure you she is committed to ND. Don't know why it is not on website. Defender and very good player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was sent out on social media so I do not think it was played close to the vest. Just sayin

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was sent out on social media so I do not think it was played close to the vest. Just sayin

Social Media??? are you following 16 year olds on instagram and snapchat? maybe a little creepy..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I assure you she is committed to ND. Don't know why it is not on website. Defender and very good player.

We got it proud club Dad. sure she is a terrific player. no one is dissing your player there..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We got it proud club Dad. sure she is a terrific player. no one is dissing your player there..
proud club Mom thank you anonymous hater

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

well its not on the club site. and clearly those folks think of themselves as a front line club, so they would obviously like to out in on the site. especially given they only have one 2019 commit listed. YJ has what 9??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

as I said, not dissing your player in any way. I'll step off club Mom..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

do NOT tangle with Lax Mom. like stumbling upon a hungry Grizzly bear with new cubs. gonna get your face ripped off at best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard another heros to unc. 2 umd and 2 unc I believe now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also 1 to U of F and to Michigan from TG

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a site that posts these 2019 committments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

suddenly these big hitters that saw it on "social media" go kind of quiet. just trying to rationalize the 3k they spend a year on Club I guess..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros are crushing the commitments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

heck yeah Lax Dad. heard they got like almost every 2019 tucked away at an ACC program.. just slayin it!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at club websites. Many post their commitments like Yellow Jackets, M&D, STEPS, etc. Or look at laxpower.com although their data is a bit spotty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros is a terrible organization. Parent coaches, total disaster. Amateur hour.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Either daughter got cut or you are sick and tired of losing to heros. First class organization!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. Was your daughter on one of the teams that Hero's 2019 rolled over at Hofstra last summer? I caught part of one of their games - their parents looked mostly bored and their coaches did not seem interested in running up the score. So, what's your problem with Hero's 2019? What we were wondering about was why they would bother travelling up to the Island and not play YJ Blue. That is a game that we would have loved to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

heck yeah Lax Dad. heard they got like almost every 2019 tucked away at an ACC program.. just slayin it!!!!

Maryland is Big10.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. Was your daughter on one of the teams that Hero's 2019 rolled over at Hofstra last summer? I caught part of one of their games - their parents looked mostly bored and their coaches did not seem interested in running up the score. So, what's your problem with Hero's 2019? What we were wondering about was why they would bother travelling up to the Island and not play YJ Blue. That is a game that we would have loved to watch.

TG & YJ top 2019 teams were both at U-15 last year, if you're planning to come to LI again this summer TG & YJ 2019 & 2020 wont be there, will be at U-15 again

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

theyll be back for Hofstra
TG & YJ top 2019 teams were both at U-15 last year, if you're planning to come to LI again this summer TG & YJ 2019 & 2020 wont be there, will be at U-15 again

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Carro no match for heros nor is mnd. The rest who cares

Page 15 of 23 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard