BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 18 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 17 18
Re: LI Outlaws News
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only Outlaw team that played in Spring jam was 7th. What's going on with that club? They claim they're an A club but only the top clubs showed up.
Are they going downhill?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's very simple. They will only enter the select teams in tournaments they know they can win!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean CANT win!!!! Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How much would some of you pay to join a travel team now in the month of May ? When does the season end ? Would you pay $100 for a tryout if they are looking and posting needing players ? Thank you for all feedback , new to travel and Like to know anymore eles experience .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How much would some of you pay to join a travel team now in the month of May ? When does the season end ? Would you pay $100 for a tryout if they are looking and posting needing players ? Thank you for all feedback , new to travel and Like to know anymore eles experience .

It depends on how many other options your son has and how badly he wants to play this summer. It also comes down to how good your son is, it always does. If he's a game changer kind of player, you hold a lot of cards. If he's just average, then it's a little harder to negotiate. Supply and demand I would think?
Summer season should be 5 tourns and 8-12 practices. If fall was included, a prorated amount should apply.
Hope that helps.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It depends on how many other options your son has and how badly he wants to play this summer. It also comes down to how good your son is, it always does. If he's a game changer kind of player, you hold a lot of cards. If he's just average, then it's a little harder to negotiate. Supply and demand I would think?
Summer season should be 5 tourns and 8-12 practices. If fall was included, a prorated amount should apply.
Hope that helps.

I would think if your son was a "game changer" he would already be on a travel team. Regardless of that fact it's about the $$. So pro rate the season for missed practices and go from there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I went and talked to several clubs and got a prorated quote from each one. I would not pay a 100 bucks to try out at this point. We had a coach in mind but they wouldn't pro rate us. I told them we will go to another organization that is offering it much cheaper. Within a half hour the club that we wanted to play for called and said they would match the other organizations price. At this late in the game they aren't looking for game changers. They are looking for kids to fill their roster so they can rest kids during the hot summer months.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I have seen, this late in the process if a team has a hole what the tend to do is invite the player to a practice and evaluate him there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws have anymore 2025 open spots ?

2025? Would that be 3rd grade? Ridiculous. Take it from experience. Unless you have $$ to burn, put the money in a 529 account.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should be less than a $1000. Last year Express put a summer team together in June for 3 tournaments for $500. Worked great and they got all those kids back

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New larger skull and crossbones bumper stickers available now for you car. Get them now!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I WANT ONE. WHERE DO i GET IT?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of these organizations and won't say any !! Will take your money what they can get , sell you a dream , get there color helmet and lock you in !! Yes even 3rd grade , they have some pair of Balls. But QUESS who the suckers are "WE ARE" , we give them the ammo , these LAX travel teams are as much as Ice Hockey Why ? I wouldn't join a team no more than $750 8 if started in April missed 5 months or better be at least 15 practice few clinics or take that $750 put in a 529 lol I like that one. Take $450 and do private clincs or camps , don't be a sucker people I'm guilty of it before but didn't break the bank I nipped it before it did .
Good lock I can be ugly out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very true good post

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of these organizations and won't say any !! Will take your money what they can get , sell you a dream , get there color helmet and lock you in !! Yes even 3rd grade , they have some pair of Balls. But QUESS who the suckers are "WE ARE" , we give them the ammo , these LAX travel teams are as much as Ice Hockey Why ? I wouldn't join a team no more than $750 8 if started in April missed 5 months or better be at least 15 practice few clinics or take that $750 put in a 529 lol I like that one. Take $450 and do private clincs or camps , don't be a sucker people I'm guilty of it before but didn't break the bank I nipped it before it did .
Good lock I can be ugly out there.

Cheap illiterate loser! let your kid have a little fun. So what if it's overpriced. What isn't?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep being part of the sheeple!! Bah! Bah!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's the alternative? Play in the town team only and have to develop your kid with a mix of talent levels of players and in some schools inadequate coaching as opposed to joining a team such as Outlaws with good coaching and give your kid opportunity to develop their skills as they prepare to play HS lax.

It's buyer beware but generally if your kid loves the sport it's a good investment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's the alternative? Play in the town team only and have to develop your kid with a mix of talent levels of players and in some schools inadequate coaching as opposed to joining a team such as Outlaws with good coaching and give your kid opportunity to develop their skills as they prepare to play HS lax.

It's buyer beware but generally if your kid loves the sport it's a good investment.

It's a bunch of crap. You don't need to spend a small fortune to prepare your child for HS. That's the BS the club teams are selling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe you guys should focus on fundamentals instead of promo stickers.fundamentals may have helped you more at spring jam.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blatantly true

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its about the Outlaw lifestyle and image, not just about lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its about the Outlaw lifestyle and image, not just about lax.

It has to be because the amount of practice we get for the high price we get charged is ridiculous. I will be switching clubs next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a bunch of crap. You don't need to spend a small fortune to prepare your child for HS. That's the BS the club teams are selling.

I thought that too, and then my oldest got to HS and all the travel kids were more advanced. It sucks, but that's the way it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Me too, my son plays on the 2023 team, and they chased away the best coach that was one of the parents, and replaced him with a high school varsity coach that is never there, and we hardly ever practice. All this was done after try-outs and we starting paying, not what we expected.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Me too, my son plays on the 2023 team, and they chased away the best coach that was one of the parents, and replaced him with a high school varsity coach that is never there, and we hardly ever practice. All this was done after try-outs and we starting paying, not what we expected.

Typical Outlaws. You got scammed. I'm sure the owner purposely had that planned out. Great indication of the future of that team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The parent coaches were replaced at the end of last season with a tournament left. Done well before tryout. It was know at tryout that there was a new coach. If you are unhappy with team, coaches, amount of practice talk to director. Don't come on here and make stuff up to sensationalize your post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The parent coaches were replaced at the end of last season with a tournament left. Done well before tryout. It was know at tryout that there was a new coach. If you are unhappy with team, coaches, amount of practice talk to director. Don't come on here and make stuff up to sensationalize your post.

I'm desensitized at this point. Total bs for what we're put through.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The pitfall of having varsity coaches as your youth club coach is two fold. One, they are doing varsity this time of year. and the club will not be their focus. And anyone that claims their club is different is lying. Second, with a parent as coach or assitant coach, you will get far more practice and tourneys then if its all paid coaching. Paid coaches give exactly what they are paid for, if it's 10 practices, thats what you get. Have to find the right fit for your player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I won't sensationalize if you don't make it up as you go. One parent coach was removed midway through the summer, and probably should have been removed sooner. The one I made reference to, didn't know he was being replaced until after try-outs and chose to leave with his son. This coach was on the sidelines for the last tournament and was an evaluator at the try-outs. I don't think he would have done either, if he knew he was leaving.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The pitfall of having varsity coaches as your youth club coach is two fold. One, they are doing varsity this time of year. and the club will not be their focus. And anyone that claims their club is different is lying. Second, with a parent as coach or assitant coach, you will get far more practice and tourneys then if its all paid coaching. Paid coaches give exactly what they are paid for, if it's 10 practices, thats what you get. Have to find the right fit for your player.

Never play for a club that has 10 practices anyway. My son plays for a big club and he has a paid non dad coach who practices twice a week and all winter indoors. What the coach works out with the club is his business . What can u accomplish in 10 practices ? Just sayin

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And you are paying for every single one of those exrra practices. Trust me. With fall winter and extra spring its cost me a fortune. And im on the biggest club out there now on LI. Everything costs $$.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never play for a club that has 10 practices anyway. My son plays for a big club and he has a paid non dad coach who practices twice a week and all winter indoors. What the coach works out with the club is his business . What can u accomplish in 10 practices ? Just sayin

As with everything on this board, everyone takes you literally.
I used the number 10 as an example.
The outlaws practice a lot more than that, so for all the people taking this literally, let's say 40. There, is that better now? Just sayin

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The outlaws practice a lot more than that, so for all the people taking this literally, let's say 40. There, is that better now? Just sayin

What team is your son on?
I'm asking because our grade has next to no practices and we wish we had our old coach who left with his son. I'd like to get a refund based on bate and switch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What team is your son on?
I'm asking because our grade has next to no practices and we wish we had our old coach who left with his son. I'd like to get a refund based on bate and switch.

Typical Outlaws crap.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son was on the Outlaws years ago. They recruited a parent out of the stands to coach the defense. Total joke!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What just happened today?? I can't believe the turmoil with our team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son was on the Outlaws years ago. They recruited a parent out of the stands to coach the defense. Total joke!

Really? They recruited a parent out of the stands? I doubt that very much. The fact is that they have a great lineup of coaches and work hard to provide a good product. You come one here, Anonymous of course, and just start saying completely ridiculous things. Unless your a director and have actual information except that it was do us all a favor and just stay quiet. What is ridiculous is that you won't give any details which might make you sound like a fool in the end. Glad you aren't with us anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah the directors are so approachable. NOT!!!!! The directors Bait and switch. Make promises they never keep. It the Outlaws way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? They recruited a parent out of the stands? I doubt that very much. The fact is that they have a great lineup of coaches and work hard to provide a good product. You come one here, Anonymous of course, and just start saying completely ridiculous things. Unless your a director and have actual information except that it was do us all a favor and just stay quiet. What is ridiculous is that you won't give any details which might make you sound like a fool in the end. Glad you aren't with us anymore.

LOL- totally true

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They love using guys like miles jones as a selling point in there website , he is in Duke having a great time being a young man, what he Travels back and forth every weekend and help the outlaws coach ?? Just Stop

Like Reply Quote
Page 12 of 18 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 17 18
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard