BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,649
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 46 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 45 46
Re: High School Lax Girls
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Imagine if two LI High schools merged to make one sports team. Imagine if Smithtown East + West merged or Sachem East + North combine to make sports teams. They would be power houses

oh wait there is Middle Country.

I cant see how two schools, with over 1,100 kids enrolled in each, gets to combine for sports. Newfield and Centerreach no excuse, its an embarrassment to the poles to rank them.

I don't even get if you combine two B schools with 700 enrollment to make an A school (Lakeland/Panas). But to combine 2 large school to make 1 team.

Come on Sect 11 step in and do something called sportsmanship!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
H
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Imagine if two LI High schools merged to make one sports team. Imagine if Smithtown East + West merged or Sachem East + North combine to make sports teams. They would be power houses

oh wait there is Middle Country.

I cant see how two schools, with over 1,100 kids enrolled in each, gets to combine for sports. Newfield and Centerreach no excuse, its an embarrassment to the poles to rank them.

I don't even get if you combine two B schools with 700 enrollment to make an A school (Lakeland/Panas). But to combine 2 large school to make 1 team.

Come on Sect 11 step in and do something called sportsmanship!

Stop whining like a baby , the smithtowns used to be combined . Your not whining about schools the size of brentwood because they are not very good so it's not about numbers it's about them being better than your team .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
also look out for lynbrook very strong team - lost to south side by 1 goal and beat plainedge

Plainedge? really? they're a non-entity

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look out for lynbrook to win the B?

There is a huge difference in ability between the power conference teams and most of the teams in the other division. SS Lynbrook and Plainedge compete with each other and with the least successful teams in the power conference. Its very unlikely they could compete with the B class teams in the powers conference like Wantagh, GC & Manhasset.

Yes the boys (Lynbrook) may have a shot but this is HS Lax Girls thread

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plainedge only has 4/5 subs which is beneficial to team as they get to build chemistry. And like Calhoun the coach allows their players to to score during blowouts. Other schools pull their starters and get 2nd and 3rd string players in during lopsided games, which also results in significant stat differences.

Teams that have coaches that allow certain kids to score endless amount of goals regardless of the score usually have smaller rosters because everyone has quit. The best teams run 2 and 3 lines. The deeper teams will be in the finals

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
North and East were combined. Never a powerhouse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Name 1 team on the whole island that runs 3 lines.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Name 1 team on the whole island that runs 3 lines.

College teams rarely run 2 lines let alone 3. There is no descent high school team that runs even two lines equally on long island, just does not happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because it was before the outside lacrosse league boom.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many players do most girls HS teams play? Do the starters play the entire game?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Commack clear their bench or leave the starters in yesterday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many players do most girls HS teams play? Do the starters play the entire game?

Most teams play 13 to 14 players a game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most teams play 13 to 14 players a game

Majority of schools do not sub nearly enough. Even in blowouts, girls that should come out don't. Most varsity teams have 7 or 8 players that never play no matter what.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can say from experience this year that my daughters team (I Trees) played MacArthur and although it was a blow out loss MacArthur emptied the bench both halfs. They did this all season long in addition to keeping scorers from running numbers up. Their defense was average but their offense very good and could have posted huge numbers like other coaches allowed all season. We live in an area where we are able to see games from Wantagh, Bethpage, Plainedge, Division and MacArthur and honestly Plainedge could never compete with the big dogs. Wantagh is in a class by itself but does not sub, MacArthur subbing hurt them a few times as games appeared closer than they should have been, Division centers around one player who is not hard to shut down. Bethpage will be stronger next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can say from experience this year that my daughters team (I Trees) played MacArthur and although it was a blow out loss MacArthur emptied the bench both halfs. They did this all season long in addition to keeping scorers from running numbers up. Their defense was average but their offense very good and could have posted huge numbers like other coaches allowed all season. We live in an area where we are able to see games from Wantagh, Bethpage, Plainedge, Division and MacArthur and honestly Plainedge could never compete with the big dogs. Wantagh is in a class by itself but does not sub, MacArthur subbing hurt them a few times as games appeared closer than they should have been, Division centers around one player who is not hard to shut down. Bethpage will be stronger next year.

Wantagh, GC and Manhasett are strong 1-12, Plainedge probably 1-5 or 6, Division and Macarthur 1-4 or 5, Bethpage 1-4 Most teams need deeper rosters to make the jump but these programs run everything through a couple of girls year after year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a Middle Country person but if you watch one of their games I think I counted sixteen girls total on that team so if they didn't combine there would not be a team. A very talented team with better goaltending this year beat a pretty good West Islip team by the largest margin in three years WI could not keep up with them in the speed category. Hopefully playoff time WI comes to play. Shouldn't be any different than last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There jv is very small I think only 2 subs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
also look out for lynbrook very strong team - lost to south side by 1 goal and beat plainedge

Lynbrook will never win anything. The coach yells to give the ball to one player who goes to goal every time. Would hate my daughter to be on that team. They can never win that way. And in college the kid will never be able to do what she does. Can't believe the parents let it happen. All about the stats!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty sure WM is deep and runs a few lines. When we played them they were subbing a lot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MacArthur has talent, saw them play Calhoun and it was tight despite the Calhoun coach screaming like a lunatic the whole game. MacArthur needs the middies to focus on tradition-charging to cage when you're not a shooter just turns the ball over. Goalie has come a long way, but no real defense to help (again middies not covering anyone. A few on offense can shoot, one is big , fast and can shoot both hands.

Calhoun on the other hand has crazy good defense and they're not afraid of a yellow card or 2. Excellent goalie and a fast middie that can play both ends well.

Plainedge goalie very good but again needs to talk to her middies about sharing the ball and stupid fouls. Small roster gets team gassed and a good opponent can figure that out and play around their laziness.
Looking forward to some exciting upsets. When is the meeting for awards? Is there a rule on how many each team gets? Never understood or asked about that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Upsets? You will be waiting a long time. Is not being afraid to get a yellow card or two a good thing? Crazy good defense might be pushing it a bit.Team game, should be focusing on going as deep as you can in the playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk Class A Playoff picture....

Smithtown West 11-1-0 11-2-0 166.970
West Islip 11-2-0 11-3-0 164.610
Middle Country 11-1-0 13-1-0 162.500
Northport 10-2-0 12-2-0 157.710
Ward Melville 10-2-0 10-4-0 147.180
Smithtown East 7-5-0 8-5-0 130.300
Sachem North 8-5-0 9-6-0 121.560
Riverhead 7-4-0 7-6-0 110.950
Sachem East 5-6-0 6-6-0 107.870
H H Hills 6-6-0 8-6-0 103.590
North Babylon 5-7-0 6-8-0 103.170

Outside looking in....
Commack HS 5-7-0 7-7-0 102.380
Bay Shore 6-6-0 7-7-0 99.410
Patchogue-Medford 6-6-0 6-7-0 98.560

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a Middle Country person but if you watch one of their games I think I counted sixteen girls total on that team so if they didn't combine there would not be a team. A very talented team with better goaltending this year beat a pretty good West Islip team by the largest margin in three years WI could not keep up with them in the speed category. Hopefully playoff time WI comes to play. Shouldn't be any different than last year.

If they didn't combine, who wouldn't have a team... which school?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk B

Eastport/SManor 8-4-0 9-5-0 154.510
Rocky Point 8-4-0 10-4-0 147.680
Harborfields 8-4-0 9-5-0 142.820
Miller Place 9-3-0 10-4-0 134.930
Westhampton 6-6-0 8-6-0 133.010
West Babylon 6-6-0 7-7-0 119.990
Comsewogue 6-6-0 6-7-0 117.350
Hauppauge 6-6-0 7-7-0 108.440

outside looking in....
Huntington 3-9-0 3-10-0 104.840
Islip 6-6-0 7-7-0 102.890
East Islip 5-7-0 5-9-0 100.850

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk Class C playoffs

Bayport-Blue Pt 12-0-0 14-0-0 192.510
Mt Sinai 11-1-0 11-3-0 180.510
Shoreham WR 10-2-0 11-2-0 161.080
Matt/Gpt/Shld 9-3-0 10-3-0 157.010
Babylon 9-3-0 11-3-0 134.930

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not from MC either, but if somebody counted only 16 girls on the team, I would guess neither could field a team on their own. Doubt 12-13 are from one school and only a couple from the other. Though if they weren't combined, more girls might try out - could be scared off by the "super" team, thinking they won't play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what can parents say to a coach that only wants the ball to go to one player because of stats - how do they stop it? maybe he want her to be all long island. he is the coach and the only person who can stop it is the coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what can parents say to a coach that only wants the ball to go to one player because of stats - how do they stop it? maybe he want her to be all long island. he is the coach and the only person who can stop it is the coach.

We have a senior on our team that wants to make the Under Armour all american team. She hasn't been picked yet in the first 2 phases released. The amount of shots she has taken has doubled in the past 2 weeks. Still getting her goals but you can tell she is pressing. Hasn't cost the team a game yet but she will come playoff time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not from MC either, but if somebody counted only 16 girls on the team, I would guess neither could field a team on their own. Doubt 12-13 are from one school and only a couple from the other. Though if they weren't combined, more girls might try out - could be scared off by the "super" team, thinking they won't play.

yes that is the point, you would have a team (maybe not 2) and someone is always the odd one out.

If 2 teams more girls would try and stick with it at a younger age. The down side is no super team. They (as many do) weed out the girls young and stunt the expansion process.

Re: Title 9
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes that is the point, you would have a team (maybe not 2) and someone is always the odd one out.

If 2 teams more girls would try and stick with it at a younger age. The down side is no super team. They (as many do) weed out the girls young and stunt the expansion process.

A MC parent told me that last year they had cuts. Now they are having trouble having 16 girls on the team. Probably shouldn't have made cuts last year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pass the ball around and everybody wants to play. Run your teams through a handful of girls and you are screwed longterm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a pretty dopey statement...Sounds like something out of Field of Dreams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk Class A Playoff picture....

Smithtown West 11-1-0 11-2-0 166.970
West Islip 11-2-0 11-3-0 164.610
Middle Country 11-1-0 13-1-0 162.500
Northport 10-2-0 12-2-0 157.710
Ward Melville 10-2-0 10-4-0 147.180
Smithtown East 7-5-0 8-5-0 130.300
Sachem North 8-5-0 9-6-0 121.560
Riverhead 7-4-0 7-6-0 110.950
Sachem East 5-6-0 6-6-0 107.870
H H Hills 6-6-0 8-6-0 103.590
North Babylon 5-7-0 6-8-0 103.170

Outside looking in....
Commack HS 5-7-0 7-7-0 102.380
Bay Shore 6-6-0 7-7-0 99.410
Patchogue-Medford 6-6-0 6-7-0 98.560

I wonder if Commack's win today gives them enough points to overtake N Bab.?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk B

Eastport/SManor 8-4-0 9-5-0 154.510
Rocky Point 8-4-0 10-4-0 147.680
Harborfields 8-4-0 9-5-0 142.820
Miller Place 9-3-0 10-4-0 134.930
Westhampton 6-6-0 8-6-0 133.010
West Babylon 6-6-0 7-7-0 119.990
Comsewogue 6-6-0 6-7-0 117.350
Hauppauge 6-6-0 7-7-0 108.440

outside looking in....
Huntington 3-9-0 3-10-0 104.840
Islip 6-6-0 7-7-0 102.890
East Islip 5-7-0 5-9-0 100.850

Does Hauppauge and Comsewgue drop down with their losses today and does Islip or Islip squeeze in with wins? Is
Huntington's season ended again by West Babylon?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk Class C playoffs

Does M/G/S jump over SWR with the loss today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk Class C playoffs

Does M/G/S jump over SWR with the loss today?

Maybe but it will not matter as SWR will beat DP and BBP will beat Matt

HS Girls Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CSH lost to Oceanside? How did that happen?

Re: HS Girls Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CSH lost to Oceanside? How did that happen?

Wow they probably win that one 95 out of a 100 times. Any given Sunday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SUFFOLK!!
melville, northport, mc, w. islip, smitheast, smithwest

1. West Islip. Over the past two years they are 40 - 4 with a State Championship. Good coaching and a winning attitude will take them far. Strong leadership. Coaches and players expect to win.

2. Middle Country. Will compete but last year might have been their year. 18 - 1 last year and combined 29 - 7 over the past two years. I think they will be in the mix. Maybe they play with a chip on their shoulder. Are they hungry after last year?

3. Northport. 24 - 12 over the past two seasons. Coaching and tradition will keep them competitive. Not sure the horses are there to win the county but you never know. Usually play with a lot of attitude and emotion. Combine that with being well prepared for big games and they can surprise.

4/5. Toss up Smithtown East / Smithtown West. West is 24 - 10 while East is
23 - 11. the last two seasons. Not sure either team has the depth to challenge the top teams.

6. Ward Melville. 19 - 14 past two years. Historically will make playoffs and then lose to a team that they had beaten during the year. Better than .500 but can't see them winning.

Not sure if anyone else has a shot. Sachem East?

Good luck to all.

Top Four look to be Middle Country, West Islip, Smithtown West and Northport.

MC has Ward Melville and Bay Shore remaining. Should win both. They also scrimmage BBP on the 17th.

WI has Sachem East remaining. Can't see SE beating them. also non league vs Babylon on 5/17.

S West has Bay Shore and Ward Melville. Should win both games.

NP has Sachem North and HHH remaining. Northport wins both.

WM has Middle Country and Smithtown West remaining. Tough games but maybe they catch one or both thinking ahead to the playoffs.

Smith East one game left Vs Walt Whitman. Should win but you never know.

West Islip and Middle Country smart to schedule competition (non league and scrimmage) to get ready for playoffs.

I think MC will win the county.

What say you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SUFFOLK!!
melville, northport, mc, w. islip, smitheast, smithwest

1. West Islip. Over the past two years they are 40 - 4 with a State Championship. Good coaching and a winning attitude will take them far. Strong leadership. Coaches and players expect to win.

2. Middle Country. Will compete but last year might have been their year. 18 - 1 last year and combined 29 - 7 over the past two years. I think they will be in the mix. Maybe they play with a chip on their shoulder. Are they hungry after last year?

3. Northport. 24 - 12 over the past two seasons. Coaching and tradition will keep them competitive. Not sure the horses are there to win the county but you never know. Usually play with a lot of attitude and emotion. Combine that with being well prepared for big games and they can surprise.

4/5. Toss up Smithtown East / Smithtown West. West is 24 - 10 while East is
23 - 11. the last two seasons. Not sure either team has the depth to challenge the top teams.

6. Ward Melville. 19 - 14 past two years. Historically will make playoffs and then lose to a team that they had beaten during the year. Better than .500 but can't see them winning.

Not sure if anyone else has a shot. Sachem East?

Good luck to all.

Top Four look to be Middle Country, West Islip, Smithtown West and Northport.

MC has Ward Melville and Bay Shore remaining. Should win both. They also scrimmage BBP on the 17th.

WI has Sachem East remaining. Can't see SE beating them. also non league vs Babylon on 5/17.

S West has Bay Shore and Ward Melville. Should win both games.

NP has Sachem North and HHH remaining. Northport wins both.

WM has Middle Country and Smithtown West remaining. Tough games but maybe they catch one or both thinking ahead to the playoffs.

Smith East one game left Vs Walt Whitman. Should win but you never know.

West Islip and Middle Country smart to schedule competition (non league and scrimmage) to get ready for playoffs.

I think MC will win the county.

What say you?

I say you have too much time on your hands. Wait a week and the brackets will be set, then the games will start.

Page 25 of 46 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard