BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 39 of 77 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Moron, GC beats Set 9-7, JV smoked Set JV by 6 goals, GC girls win in OT. How ya like me now ????

Originally Posted by Anonymous
GC? They look horrible this year. Will lose to Manhassett and Long Beach and go out in second or third round of Nassau playoffs. Just like last year. And no hope in sight for that team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now if you think that's funny , you deserve a beating. If you think spoiled Manhasset kids don't do the same your just nieve. Very immature. That's like me saying who has more money ? We have Fortune 500 owners not cop /teacher combine salary struggling to live on NHP road. Grow up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing different. You are acting like the word championship and Kellenberg were used in the same sentence. They had a few good players come through and played well but they don't have the horses or should I say ponies in the barn.

Same brothers that run Chaminade run Kellenberg. Not about the sports

The coach is terrible. Get him outta there and maybe more kids would go there and it would help the school's finances. Nobody want's to play for him. Nasty guy. By having him there it's actually hurting the school's finances too.
I would also Watch
Hills east and WW- Both could upset and beat any one on given day

Agreed, but lets see how Saturday goes for them beat Commack badly and I agree lose or just win not sure.

So Much for WW. WW goalie very good. Kept them in the game. Score would have been worse with out him. 19 saves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing different. You are acting like the word championship and Kellenberg were used in the same sentence. They had a few good players come through and played well but they don't have the horses or should I say ponies in the barn.

The coach is terrible. Get him outta there and maybe more kids would go there and it would help the school's finances. Nobody want's to play for him. Nasty guy. By having him there it's actually hurting the school's finances too.
I would also Watch

Agreed, but lets see how Saturday goes for them beat Commack badly and I agree lose or just win not sure.

So Much for WW. WW goalie very good. Kept them in the game. Score would have been worse with out him. 19 saves.

Now your starting to sound like the Port Washington father...Geeezzz

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would also Watch

Get in Playoffs and anything can happen. This is the best most balanced year ever in Suffolk d 1- The Best in the Country

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just an observation..I really thing putting in the paper the leading scorers is almost a joke in HS lacrosse. Most kids seem to score a lot of goals against weaker teams and try to pad their own stats . It's sad but in no way to me indicates who the better players are. Nothing worse then seeing someone score over 5 goals in a game and maybe have one assist and the team wins by 8-15 goals in a game. At the end of the year you see the kid with over 40 goals and a limited amount of assists but in the big games against the good teams they are either shut out or score very little in comparison. I understand the kids being selfish but the coaches should either pull their kids out or tell them to pass it to their teammates . Jus my opinion and I'm sure some will agree and many will disagree

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would also Watch

Get in Playoffs and anything can happen. This is the best most balanced year ever in Suffolk d 1- The Best in the Country

I think the MIAA and New England West might have something to say about that. Reality is you have 5 teams right now in Suffolk that are legitimate. As far Class A, upstate power Victor is one of the best teams in the country. Assuming any of the Suffolk teams get off Long Island, they have a tall order if they make it to the state finals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Call me crazy but I think Port is going to surprise Farmingdale and Syosset coming up. Not saying they will win. Playing well at the right time. Could use a little better play from defense and goaltending but offense looks very strong.We will see but you heard it here first if the upsets happen.Just a few tweaks by the coaches and it could happen.

Its obvious this person is not from Port Washington. The fact they say the team needs better goalie play makes it obvious. The 5 year starter in net is playing lights out. Like he always does. As for beating Syosset and Farmingdale they are really grasping at straws with that one. If and if your from Port Don’t let your mouth write checks your body can’t cash. Because its the players not the parents that are responsible for that.

Hopefully he will step up
And have career games so the upset can be pulled off. It's time for Port Washington to stop taking a backseat to these other teams.

No Frocarros, no chance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Call me crazy but I think Port is going to surprise Farmingdale and Syosset coming up. Not saying they will win. Playing well at the right time. Could use a little better play from defense and goaltending but offense looks very strong.We will see but you heard it here first if the upsets happen.Just a few tweaks by the coaches and it could happen.

Its obvious this person is not from Port Washington. The fact they say the team needs better goalie play makes it obvious. The 5 year starter in net is playing lights out. Like he always does. As for beating Syosset and Farmingdale they are really grasping at straws with that one. If and if your from Port Don’t let your mouth write checks your body can’t cash. Because its the players not the parents that are responsible for that.

And have career games so the upset can be pulled off. It's time for Port Washington to stop taking a backseat to these other teams.

No Frocarros, no chance.

I think they have more then a chance

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Garden City Boys Varsity won 9-7 against Manhassett. Girls Varsity won in overtime. Both GC JV teams won as did the alumni. With one exception, each game was a nailbiter. I saw 4 of the games, and don't remember a single cheap hit or unsportmanslike penalty. While the fans were load, they were respectful of sitting in mixed bleachers. The Manhasset fans couldn't have been a better group. Hope we can send as nice a group to Manhasset next year.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glad to see the moronic comment from earlier is gone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol, looks like BS 8th grader is Suffolk County stat leader! Could he be an All-American? Looks like Penn State got it right in recruiting!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even if deserved that team has another kid that somehow gets awards instead. Not sure how it happens SMH

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I would also Watch

Now your starting to sound like the Port Washington father...Geeezzz

Ok so as a moderator who happened to know the Port Washington goalies dad. I will tell you this it's not his father posting because he is deceased. It's some asshat trying to stir up crap. Cut the crap!!! Or you will be banned from the site. Promise.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No Frocarros, no chance.

Dude, Port has already lost to 3-8 Oceanside, Hewlett and a Class C team. Class B RVC took them to OT. Give it up. No chance until the next Frocarro arrives.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just an observation..I really thing putting in the paper the leading scorers is almost a joke in HS lacrosse. Most kids seem to score a lot of goals against weaker teams and try to pad their own stats . It's sad but in no way to me indicates who the better players are. Nothing worse then seeing someone score over 5 goals in a game and maybe have one assist and the team wins by 8-15 goals in a game. At the end of the year you see the kid with over 40 goals and a limited amount of assists but in the big games against the good teams they are either shut out or score very little in comparison. I understand the kids being selfish but the coaches should either pull their kids out or tell them to pass it to their teammates . Jus my opinion and I'm sure some will agree and many will disagree

Unless you see a game don't comment. I know a few boys on the list. Seen lots of games. Some players on the list have a good G:A ratio, some no ratio. Even those with a good ratio could be better. You mention a player with a lot of goals. A few of the scoring leaders would have 50% more assists if other players just finished. Not to mention some get a looser definition of an assist over others.

So please let's congradulate their accomplishments because anyone on the first page or two of any ranking deserves the accolades, just know everything is relative and not as black and white as it is in print. Some are better some are not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unless you see a game don't comment. I know a few boys on the list. Seen lots of games. Some players on the list have a good G:A ratio, some no ratio. Even those with a good ratio could be better. You mention a player with a lot of goals. A few of the scoring leaders would have 50% more assists if other players just finished. Not to mention some get a looser definition of an assist over others.

So please let's congradulate their accomplishments because anyone on the first page or two of any ranking deserves the accolades, just know everything is relative and not as black and white as it is in print. Some are better some are not.

I've seen a lot of games myself .Too many blowouts to be honest and it's the coaches fault for letting these kids stay in and keep scoring against weaker teams . It looks like the coachs and players have an agenda to make the kids look good. The stats are so misleading it's sad to read it the next day.. It's actually a joke and the most misleading thing I have seen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely agree with your post. Not to take away from some really good players but it is a joke. What's worse is when you look at their teams weak schedule and see a player put up 8 goals, 6 goals, 5 goals. Then they play someone decent and he has none. They should post the players SOG also. That's where the real story is told. That being said it is high school lacrosse and you play who is in front of you. It sure does help when your head coach likes to pad his wins with a weak schedule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've seen a lot of games myself .Too many blowouts to be honest and it's the coaches fault for letting these kids stay in and keep scoring against weaker teams . It looks like the coachs and players have an agenda to make the kids look good. The stats are so misleading it's sad to read it the next day.. It's actually a joke and the most misleading thing I have seen.

So true. No fault of the players. Coaches want to bang their chest about the 50 goal scorer that he coached. Look at strength of schedule and who they put up all their goals against. It is probably good for the players ego and may actually encourage him to take a lot of bad shots. Never saw a shot I didn't like syndrome. What's an assist?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree a lot has to do with coach keeping starter in in these blowouts. But when daddy picks the coach and has a personal relationship to him, it's so obvious that coach is helping said player pad stats for college resume.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No Frocarros, no chance.

Dude, Port has already lost to 3-8 Oceanside, Hewlett and a Class C team. Class B RVC took them to OT. Give it up. No chance until the next Frocarro arrives.

Port has some good kids coming up in a few years. 2022 class is very strong. 2020 has a few also. Let's not talk smack until the games are played. Port has had a mediocre season so far. Just hope they make the playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would also Watch

HHHW is very interesting. They lose 90% of the FO to the quality FOGO out there, yet they only lose by a couple. If they can get to 50% maybe best in the division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely agree with your post. Not to take away from some really good players but it is a joke. What's worse is when you look at their teams weak schedule and see a player put up 8 goals, 6 goals, 5 goals. Then they play someone decent and he has none. They should post the players SOG also. That's where the real story is told. That being said it is high school lacrosse and you play who is in front of you. It sure does help when your head coach likes to pad his wins with a weak schedule.

Agreed. get your one or two goals and get out or practice passing. I like to hit the game by game stat and see if they score 2 to 3 goals per game against all competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
'22 kids are in 6th grade... a little early to project... only 4 kids in '20 that play at a high level now...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best post I've read on BOTC. CSH dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. get your one or two goals and get out or practice passing. I like to hit the game by game stat and see if they score 2 to 3 goals per game against all competition.

Just look at the schedules some of these teams play. Tells the entire story. Conferences really need to be balanced better to avoid padded stats and better competition across the board. A few schools on there play really competitive non league games. Others look to beat up on weaker opponents. What does a weak schedule get you? One or two All County players with top stats, a coach that can keep his high winning percentage and a quick send home in the playoffs because you haven't been challanged enough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should come see the games. Kids don't pass the ball and not all the best players are on the field all the time. A lot of favors being done out there. Coaches always have their "favorites" for whatever reason.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No Frocarros, no chance.

That's not going to happen. Port will be better starting next year but don't count them out against the top teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just look at the schedules some of these teams play. Tells the entire story. Conferences really need to be balanced better to avoid padded stats and better competition across the board. A few schools on there play really competitive non league games. Others look to beat up on weaker opponents. What does a weak schedule get you? One or two All County players with top stats, a coach that can keep his high winning percentage and a quick send home in the playoffs because you haven't been challanged enough.

So, can the 8th grader be an All-American as he is the stat leader?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Best post" comment was in response to the below...Sorry I got the mechanics wrong, infrequent poster...

I have, I coached and I am passionate and loud. I've called out players, I grabbed at many a cage to get a players attention but never ever smacked them in anger upside their head. Wanted to but never did. I coached back in the 90's (when i was young) to very privileged boys. Their parents didn't care so much about the yelling, if it got to much they would have a conversation with me and we were usually on the same page at the end of the conversation (on my side - and that kid was set straight for at least a few weeks). With me it was not out of anger but tutelage and understanding timing, priorities and respect - life lessons.

I was fortunate (or unfortunately) to be put into an environment where a coach did hit a player upside the head. The dad said one thing to the Ad coach and staff...

"...Yell at him all you want, make him run or take time away... you are the coach, but, and let me make this clear... only I can put my hands on my son. Trust me I will take care of it... if it warrants, but you hit my kid and I will take care of you first pointing at the AD then you pointing at the coach. (All situations are different but all the rest of us could do was shake our head and think, the dad is right).

I am now a dad and been around the block. I have learned you don't always need to stay in a situation, if it is not to your liking or standards, just leave. No one needs to be a martyr. Some of our parents stayed in their jobs many miserable as could be, but they were told stay you don't leave. Why, because that was how things were done. Not anymore, life and things change. I believe their is a fine line of this woosification but I also believe we need to use common sense.

As far as the "thank you", just like everything in life, I too say Thank you to the coach, but only when deserved. Thank you's are not to be thrown around lightly. You can tell when a coach is doing it for the love of the game or the pay check. I have been disgusted by some of the coaching and development ive seen. AD's are no better, their lack of "want" to do the right thing and their lack of "passion" to get better has been eye opening. So "thank you's" are only said when deserved. Just like "Good Job", those seem to be handed out like candy, does a player who didn't play in a game get a "good job", NO!

Now the above is just that a situation lapse in a moment in time. This seemed to be a mistake in a heated moment. I am also for forgiveness since we all have our moments (as long

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No..this is talking about all the kids out there.. It's about the coaches and the decisions they make. It just proves the point that the stats mean absolutely zero from what I see

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Figure when playing good teams 2 goals 1 assist is probably the average and that's playing all game in which own team is getting beat and scoring against 2nds and thirds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You seem very concerned about the All American thing. Hard to classify him as an AA with the weak schedule they play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You seem very concerned about the All American thing. Hard to classify him as an AA with the weak schedule they play.

Agree completely with the weak schedule comment but to have 41 goals and 20 assists as an 8th grader is pretty damn impressive. Schedule aside, those are AA type numbers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. You people make me laugh trying to down play the kids accomplishment, the kid is a 13 maybe 14 year old 8th grader and putting up those type of numbers is extremely impressive anywhere with any schedule. Who cares about the AA thing, Keep your own insecurities and jelousy in check and be happy we have kids like this and others coming out of Long Island. At least the kid hasn't been held back or "reclassed for academic reasons" lol what a joke. Kid is a great player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says who? and who are you to decide that?

I hope you will be so lucky to watch this boy play the next few years. He is a treat to watch play with and against. He is the definition of what the Selection Classification should be.

He bucks the system and reminds me of a BETTER Nicky Galasso. The thing is he is just an (on age) 8th grader and has room to get better, faster, stronger, smarter.

Before the season many said he couldn't play on many, if any, of the better teams, I say he would've made them all better and would absolutely play. He would make any coach (worth his weight) switch any experienced 2017 lefty attack to middie or makes him the first offensive middie out of the box.

Now the kicker for those that didn't know the reason why I guess this is being brought up is... Nominations were due. Who ever asked the question is very smart and knowledgeable. I bet most of you (including his school didn't know about the timing). You need coach or administrative approval. I wouldn't bet against the Admin blocked or not submitting the proper paperwork for that nomination and claiming ignorance.

Good luck to him the rest of the way, you are a very fun player to watch. (and by the way great Goal to assist ratio, takes many players to learn it is about the total points not just the goals).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As well the kid tied for 2nd in Suffolk for point has a horrible goal to Assit ratio, but I just looked up where his high point production were (I mean goals were) all in games the team needed it. Then I found out many of his goals were of the "One More" variety. So the player with the assist is top of the county in assists. Which means there is a middie or two out there with less assists (wonder if they are hockey players). See the numbers don't always tell the true picture.

Now the leader, he is just a beast and I wish him continued success closing out the season (I will say the goal leader does have another game over the other players).

Will any of them make AA not sure but Probably the leader. Not sure if you all know but AA nominations do take prior years accolades into consideration. So if you don't have any awards from a prior year some one just as good as you with an award from last year will get the nomination over you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As well the kid tied for 2nd in Suffolk for point has a horrible goal to Assit ratio, but I just looked up where his high point production were (I mean goals were) all in games the team needed it. Then I found out many of his goals were of the "One More" variety. So the player with the assist is top of the county in assists. Which means there is a middie or two out there with less assists (wonder if they are hockey players). See the numbers don't always tell the true picture.

Now the leader, he is just a beast and I wish him continued success closing out the season (I will say the goal leader does have another game over the other players).

Will any of them make AA not sure but Probably the leader. Not sure if you all know but AA nominations do take prior years accolades into consideration. So if you don't have any awards from a prior year some one just as good as you with an award from last year will get the nomination over you

Now we are worried about AA . Give me a break. That's the point that is trying to be made ..worried about stats only ..you can't judge AA with these kids let alone an 8th grader . You are insulting every other kid playing Varsity on Long Island. No his coach would not nominate him. Let St Anyhonys do that in a few years when he plays Varsity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where can I find the stats?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered