BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,170
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 36 of 44 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 43 44
Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like there are 7 teams advancing to Denver from the East qualifier. I wonder if it is that number because LIE did in fact decide not to go?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which teams from the North plan to participate?
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looks like there are 7 teams advancing to Denver from the East qualifier. I wonder if it is that number because LIE did in fact decide not to go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College coaches could care less the age of kids they are recruiting by grade, if a kid or two are slightly older for their grade the college looking at these games or any tourney is totally recruiting by the year of graduation. Every tourney should play by their graduation year period.

once you get to 9th grade fall. age based through 8th.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Today coaches ask many questions. They want to know how big the parents are. They are not stupid, if a kid has been held back twice that is factored in. Especially today where many coaches look for raw talent that can be developed. The often take a kid with less stick skills because they believe within a few years he will surpass that kid
College coaches could care less the age of kids they are recruiting by grade, if a kid or two are slightly older for their grade the college looking at these games or any tourney is totally recruiting by the year of graduation. Every tourney should play by their graduation year period.

Disagree. With early recruiting the holdback may look better dominating younger players as a freshman but may not look great compared to their on age peers. Age based tournaments with graduation years denoted can give a better insight as to how the players truly stack up against other players their age. For some, not all, of the holdbacks they might not look so studly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With such a small percentage of players being recruited, why should lacrosse cater tournaments to the liking of college coaches. Why should lacrosse be different than the other sports that group kids according to age? Some of you read like the pathetic, annoying parents that can easily give the lacrosse experience a black eye.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are only 5 teams that have a chance now... Igloo, legacy, koopers, team carolina, and mad dog. chip in and fly mad dog east and save yourselves a trip to denver.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would not rule out Greene Turtle. They have beaten Koopers in the past and had a few starters out with injuries in qualifier

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would not rule out Greene Turtle. They have beaten Koopers in the past and had a few starters out with injuries in qualifier

You know team 91 will be trying to load out there team for Denver.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With such a small percentage of players being recruited, why should lacrosse cater tournaments to the liking of college coaches. Why should lacrosse be different than the other sports that group kids according to age? Some of you read like the pathetic, annoying parents that can easily give the lacrosse experience a black eye.

The initial poster has perfectly explained the stupidity of early recruiting and the even dumber assumption that they can speculate well by picking 8th graders who are either early growers or are just a year or two older than the kids they are competing with. The data gets a lot better when they are in spring of junior year or in the summer before senior year of high school. The college coaches who have bet their program on racing earlier are starting to spoil out and will continue to do worse. Look at UVA. Look at Hopkins objectively -- they made a Final Four last year but needed a late season miracle just to make the tournament. UNC hasn't done much. UPenn is the earliest Ivy and their program is terrible. If you consider these programs can pick and choose the recruits they want any time they want and then look at what they accomplished there is no debate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about TAZ?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taz is Legacy. Or Legacy elite as they renamed them. A couple of Greyhounds from 2021 to fill the open spots

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
other than the 12 TAZ boys on the team, 1 of which played for igloo 2021 until this year the rest are 8th grade B and 2021 kids.

Who cares if it's 20 kids they all are eligible. Last year team Carolina sent their same 2021 team there. It's about the experience, and the last year there wasn't any qualifiers and these Boys were screwed. Keep the trophy we are going for the experience and to enjoy a nice event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am slowly trying to catch on. Is the club with taz on the asterisk list?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Legacy Lacrosse on the naughty list?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you. Took me a while. Suprised but probably shouldn't be. Remember when they were brand new and well intentioned.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which Long Island Express team came down to DC and played Hawks at Landon School this past Saturday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which Long Island Express team came down to DC and played Hawks at Landon School this past Saturday?

2021 Channy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did 2021 express do I understand they had 2 Icon kids playing. Why would they do that, why would the express parents allow it and why would the Icon kids do that. Why would the Icon kids risk the chance of getting asked to leave that team when they have a chance to be coached by two of the greats.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did 2021 express do I understand they had 2 Icon kids playing. Why would they do that, why would the express parents allow it and why would the Icon kids do that. Why would the Icon kids risk the chance of getting asked to leave that team when they have a chance to be coached by two of the greats.

Your son is obviously on the Icon team, why don't you ask the parents? You know who they are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express beat Mad-Lax and Bethesda. Lost to the Annapolis Hawks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the score of Express vs Hawks?
Express beat Mad-Lax and Bethesda. Lost to the Annapolis Hawks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just as important as asking the parents from Icon kids what is the reasoning given to the express kids/parents as to why these few kids come to their tourneys and take time away from the kids who are paying the full load.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Why are some teams asterisk'ed out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The most recent asterisked team is the light blue one that aquired the Dune Dawgs and just won the North Red Qualifier for Denver. Apparently they offended the BOTC gods and are on double secret probation with the Orange menance. We need a new club called "Asterisk Lacrosse" to capitalize on all the free marketing. LU can sell "Team ****" shorts for $50.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its the Tazterisks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The most recent asterisked team is the light blue one that aquired the Dune Dawgs and just won the North Red Qualifier for Denver. Apparently they offended the BOTC gods and are on double secret probation with the Orange menance. We need a new club called "Asterisk Lacrosse" to capitalize on all the free marketing. LU can sell "Team ****" shorts for $50.

Or Blatant can sell "Team ****" underwear for $50

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just as important as asking the parents from Icon kids what is the reasoning given to the express kids/parents as to why these few kids come to their tourneys and take time away from the kids who are paying the full load.

It's the chanechuk way. Slime, slime and slime some more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know of a summer team that needs a defenseman? Have a nephew that is in 2nd year playing, plays on middle school team for good school program. Good athlete and looking to improve.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Seriously regarding the asterisks... I'm a parent new to lax and the whole travel team concept. I'd like to know the good, bad and everything in between Having the name censored makes it like an inside joke.

Chief Admin
Chief Admin
Originally Posted by meco24
Seriously regarding the asterisks... I'm a parent new to lax and the whole travel team concept. I'd like to know the good, bad and everything in between Having the name censored makes it like an inside joke.

It is no inside joke...no one here and out there are laughing!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

c'mon!

Chief Admin
Chief Admin

c'mon!

No, you c'mon! If you want to be used and/or ripped off that more than OK with me, but not if it is me or BOTC who are the catalysts.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I might sound like yogi Berra here.... If you asterisk out the clubs to avoid, then how am I supposed to know to avoid them?

Chief Admin
Chief Admin
You can contact me privately and I will tell you who they are, or you can pay no attention to me and keep on truckin' as you have been. I just don't want anyone bitchin' at BOTC....or me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Leading Edge came to MD

Went home after losing to Crabs and Hawks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can contact me privately and I will tell you who they are, or you can pay no attention to me and keep on truckin' as you have been. I just don't want anyone bitchin' at BOTC....or me.

Fair point (not trying to bust chops just looking for clarity myself) but are there 2 clubs that get the *? and, do you allow the team name and just * the club name?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where does Leading Edge stand amongst the L.I. teams? I realize they aren't from L.I. but I assumed they travel north (L.I.) rather than south (M.D.) for the most part.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not to good. They went 1-1-1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Leading Edge would fall behind Igloo, Icon, Express and probably 91 on LI. The first 3 are the top.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where does Leading Edge stand amongst the L.I. teams? I realize they aren't from L.I. but I assumed they travel north (L.I.) rather than south (M.D.) for the most part.

Leading Edge Lost to Ambush, beat Outlaws Select, and Tied Bergen last weekend, so They would be behind **, Express, who beat Ambush, Icon and Igloo's both teams at this point Since Ambush lost to the Igloo teams in the fall. Outlaws had a really bad weekend going 0-3 this past weekend. Not typical for them, must have been missing players. Ambush went 2-1, losing 6-0 against Express, which is a big difference from last year. Not quite an AA team, but right behind those teams.

Page 36 of 44 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard