BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 32 of 70 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 69 70
Re: Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (HoCo)
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wrong...How can you complain about competing whether its older or younger...Quit complaining...If your kid belonged then you would not be complaining....Go back to Rec....Everyone plays....Equal teams, Everyone gets a trophy...they need you back...Club lacrosse does not...I for one love the competition and that is why we play club lacrosse......Keep your Rec complaints at Rec...Your point is not valid. I want my kids to play the best so they get better... Its does not matter how old they are.....Beliefs that you are always writing about have ruined club lacrosse...How about all of the non-elite teams go back to Rec as well.......Whoever heard of "B" club lacrosse....Ridiculous. AA, A, B teams really??? Those are glorified rec teams....

By your statements and attitude I would guess you are associated with Crabs and if you aren't you should be because the yell out this sh*t on a daily basis. I would also guess your kid is a holdback. Of course you are going to deny it but I know he is, just from your flawed statements.
There is a place for AA, A and B club teams/leagues. I am glad you are not in charge of a youth league, it would surely be a clusterf**k, with you leading the way. It does matter how old kids are in youth lacrosse. Crabs is loaded with 15 and 16 year olds playing against 13 and 14 year olds. You don't learn from that situation nor do you get better. You get better playing against talented players in your own age range, that is how you improve.
You are acting like a total jerk and it is apparent you have no idea what youth lacrosse is about, you feel since your kid (probably a holdback) is playing on an elite team, all other divisions are useless. Perhaps you are one of Crabs lapdogs.
Oh yeah well your acting like a jerk to....God I hope your a female because if your are not I think you get your poop pushed in on a daily basis.

Are you ten? The person who posted is 100% correct. As usual, a holdback parent always comes back with insults when the flaws in their logic are pointed out.
Keep posting your dumb holdback comments and just going to destroy you every time you comment....You make yourself look stupid because your claims are full of lies and half truths....Get over yourself.....Oh and boy the way my kid plays baseball

We could care less what you kid plays. Comments on this forum about holdbacks and in particular Crabs holdbacks, are on point, accurate and timely. You seem to be the one looking stupid, your kid plays baseball and here you are on a youth lacrosse forum making stupid statements. You are the one that needs to get over themselves, but doubt that will happen, you seem to be full of yourself.
We??? Like you speak for an army or something....I bet you get your poop pushed in to

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a reason why Crabs does not have B teams...Just Elite AA teams....Why??? So they don't have to deal with parents of kids that think they are better than they are and claim everyone is cheating......Your arguments go to deaf ears because you are all cowards posting malicious things about a club and their administration...No one from Crabs reads this crap or cares what you are posting...Your wasting your breath...Please return your child to Rec...Thanks

Make your assumptions about me as well. Call big fat Crabs Dad blah blah blah...I have nothing to do with Crabs but so tired of these dumb posts. How about posting something for the betterment of youth lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong...How can you complain about competing whether its older or younger...Quit complaining...If your kid belonged then you would not be complaining....Go back to Rec....Everyone plays....Equal teams, Everyone gets a trophy...they need you back...Club lacrosse does not...I for one love the competition and that is why we play club lacrosse......Keep your Rec complaints at Rec...Your point is not valid. I want my kids to play the best so they get better... Its does not matter how old they are.....Beliefs that you are always writing about have ruined club lacrosse...How about all of the non-elite teams go back to Rec as well.......Whoever heard of "B" club lacrosse....Ridiculous. AA, A, B teams really??? Those are glorified rec teams....

By your statements and attitude I would guess you are associated with Crabs and if you aren't you should be because the yell out this sh*t on a daily basis. I would also guess your kid is a holdback. Of course you are going to deny it but I know he is, just from your flawed statements.
There is a place for AA, A and B club teams/leagues. I am glad you are not in charge of a youth league, it would surely be a clusterf**k, with you leading the way. It does matter how old kids are in youth lacrosse. Crabs is loaded with 15 and 16 year olds playing against 13 and 14 year olds. You don't learn from that situation nor do you get better. You get better playing against talented players in your own age range, that is how you improve.
You are acting like a total jerk and it is apparent you have no idea what youth lacrosse is about, you feel since your kid (probably a holdback) is playing on an elite team, all other divisions are useless. Perhaps you are one of Crabs lapdogs.
Oh yeah well your acting like a jerk to....God I hope your a female because if your are not I think you get your poop pushed in on a daily basis.

BOTC, are you seriously going to allow this misogynistic and homophobic drivel on your forum? This is uncalled for.
Wow you use big fancy words...Fancy pants

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We could care less what you kid plays. Comments on this forum about holdbacks and in particular Crabs holdbacks, are on point, accurate and timely. You seem to be the one looking stupid, your kid plays baseball and here you are on a youth lacrosse forum making stupid statements. You are the one that needs to get over themselves, but doubt that will happen, you seem to be full of yourself.[/quote] We??? Like you speak for an army or something....I bet you get your poop pushed in to [/quote]

Doesn't surprise me you come back with this kind of response. You are proving how much of a low life you are. So to get to your level, not me bud, but I would bet you are up at the home center every morning looking for hookups, you know, the guys looking for day work. How many a day for you? And yes, we as this is a lacrosse and most on here could care less about the your kid playing baseball. Better get to bed now, have to get up early to get the best pick of the day workers. Hope the mods put this thru, a taste of your own medicine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a reason why Crabs does not have B teams...Just Elite AA teams....Why??? So they don't have to deal with parents of kids that think they are better than they are and claim everyone is cheating......Your arguments go to deaf ears because you are all cowards posting malicious things about a club and their administration...No one from Crabs reads this crap or cares what you are posting...Your wasting your breath...Please return your child to Rec...Thanks

Make your assumptions about me as well. Call big fat Crabs Dad blah blah blah...I have nothing to do with Crabs but so tired of these dumb posts. How about posting something for the betterment of youth lacrosse

The best way for the betterment of youth lacrosse is to rid it of Crabs. Period. And if you think Crab parents don't read this message board, you are dreaming. Additionally, perhaps they don't have B teams is that they can't find enough holdbacks and double holdbacks.
If you don't like what is written and stated about Crabs, don't read it, it is not that complicated.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course the Crabs read this board. Don't kid yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The best way for the betterment of youth lacrosse is to rid it of Crabs. Period. And if you think Crab parents don't read this message board, you are dreaming. Additionally, perhaps they don't have B teams is that they can't find enough holdbacks and double holdbacks.
If you don't like what is written and stated about Crabs, don't read it, it is not that complicated.

You're right. It would be thought for crabs to put together two teams from the 200 that show up to tryouts. Idiot.

While this person is a little harsh, he's right that "B" level club lacrosse is a joke. It was never the intent of club lacrosse. Every "B" club team is a money grab. You are getting the same thing you got in rec in terms of coaching for 10-20 times the price. Why do parents pay these people for their kids to go out and play crappy competition with some dad or college kid coaching their sons? It's a status thing that your kid plays club and it's pointless if you are playing "B". "B" club lacrosse is an oxymoron.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're right. It would be thought for crabs to put together two teams from the 200 that show up to tryouts. Idiot.

While this person is a little harsh, he's right that "B" level club lacrosse is a joke. It was never the intent of club lacrosse. Every "B" club team is a money grab. You are getting the same thing you got in rec in terms of coaching for 10-20 times the price. Why do parents pay these people for their kids to go out and play crappy competition with some dad or college kid coaching their sons? It's a status thing that your kid plays club and it's pointless if you are playing "B". "B" club lacrosse is an oxymoron.
. Sorry Crab dad, but if you read what is written, cannot find enough holdbacks and double holdbacks. They all go to their elite teams, Ryan would need more than 200 or whatever to field double teams. And you just verified Crabs dads/fans do read this forum and they even post on this forum. Too bad you just proved you are the idiot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The real payoff for holdbacks is not winning youth championships but getting recruited. Y'all will figure that out once little, on age johnny gets passed over by most of the top ten schools in favor of a bigger, stronger, and more mature holdback. By junior year when most kids catch up there are very few good d1 schools left, if any. To me, that's a bigger travesty than any bragging rights in the hoco youth league.

Not to say on age kids don't get recruited, but when there are three middie spots on a school that recruits 8th graders, I bet half (maybe more) go to holdbacks. The other half go to on age long island kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The real payoff for holdbacks is not winning youth championships but getting recruited. Y'all will figure that out once little, on age johnny gets passed over by most of the top ten schools in favor of a bigger, stronger, and more mature holdback. By junior year when most kids catch up there are very few good d1 schools left, if any. To me, that's a bigger travesty than any bragging rights in the hoco youth league.

Not to say on age kids don't get recruited, but when there are three middie spots on a school that recruits 8th graders, I bet half (maybe more) go to holdbacks. The other half go to on age long island kids.

So that is your end goal? 5k in scholarship $$ so you as parents can say your child got into a top 10 lacrosse school for 4 years? Not necessarily the top match in college for your child; not the best academic match for your child etc.? Just to say top 10 LACROSSE school? You sacrifice his character for this? Thanks for making it clear for the rest of us - as if you wearing university wanna be gear on the sidelines was not enough of a clue.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since we all know their names, we will check in with their progress in a few years. Even if they make it to the school of their choice, the likelihood of them playing when the growth all evens out is probably minimal. Strategy that has not yet been proven but perhaps your child can pursue their objective without impacting true youth players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The post above is in a nutshell what is wrong with youth club lacrosse. A bunch of misguided parents that will do anything to give their Holdback kid an advantage in order to secure a place on a D1 team. It is a sad commentary on this sport and those that allow it to occur.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, not my end game, all of my kids are on age. I said it was a travesty. I was just providing some perspective to those parents that are upset over losing a middle school game to a bunch of holdbacks, it is even more troubling when your son loses a spot on a roster. There were maybe 4 holdbacks on my sons middle school team, every one of them were recruited before the first on age kid was picked up.

By the way, nobody is in it for the scholarship money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
50% holdbacks and 50% L.I. . You bet nut job. There are plenty of non-L.I. on age players getting attention. I am happy to compare the MIAA against any L.I. Conference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol. Really, the MIAA is literally the poster child for holdbacks. I'm sure there are a lot of on age kids getting attention, but because of early recruiting, schools like unc, uva, syracuse, maryland, penn state etc. favor kids that have been held back. Period. Those are all spots that would have gone to an on age kids. Period.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol. Really, the MIAA is literally the poster child for holdbacks. I'm sure there are a lot of on age kids getting attention, but because of early recruiting, schools like unc, uva, syracuse, maryland, penn state etc. favor kids that have been held back. Period. Those are all spots that would have gone to an on age kids. Period.

Very True..MIAA is holdback/prefirst central. The problem with Lacrosse is that it is a sport that gets many players that are not flat out true athletic kids. Many are pretty decent athletics but very few are the WOW athletes. Those kids go to Football,Basketball, maybe even baseball. The Money Sports.
Lacrosse gets many 5 ft 7 to 6 ft kids that wouldn't make it in high level Football or Basketball. So giving these kids a extra year makes a HUGE difference when they are competing against similar non TOP athletic kids.The true WOW athletes don't need an extra year. The true WOW kid can compete and is better than many of these older holdback kids when competing. Problem is most dont play Lacrosse.
Unfortunately the extra year works ..Especially now with early recruiting at 8th and 9nd grade. Doesnt mean that once these kids get to College it will be an advantage, but for some it is. They will always have an advantage over similar 5-7 to 6 ft players who didnt get the playing time or coaching these holdbacks did.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I bet if you looked at any MIAA team...Over half the starters would be Holdbacks/prefirst kids. And I would bet many teams may even have the majority of starters heldback/prefirst. On Kudda Booker was doing an interview ( couple years ago) with a kid during season in April and it was his Birthday.Asked him how old he was...19...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, not my end game, all of my kids are on age. I said it was a travesty. I was just providing some perspective to those parents that are upset over losing a middle school game to a bunch of holdbacks, it is even more troubling when your son loses a spot on a roster. There were maybe 4 holdbacks on my sons middle school team, every one of them were recruited before the first on age kid was picked up.

By the way, nobody is in it for the scholarship money.

Good post. This in a nutshell is the issue. It is a travesty and it is driven by early recruiting. It will not change unless and until the NCAA changes the recruiting rules (as is being considered right now).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The NCAA is not considering changing rules re: holdbacks. Every sport has them. Stop making up nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do your homework. He was referring to early recruiting. The NCAA is looking at limiting contact with a potential recruit until their JR year. Let me guess - your man child will be 17 in the 9th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I bet if you looked at any MIAA team...Over half the starters would be Holdbacks/prefirst kids. And I would bet many teams may even have the majority of starters heldback/prefirst. On Kudda Booker was doing an interview ( couple years ago) with a kid during season in April and it was his Birthday.Asked him how old he was...19...

So just because the MIAA schools do it, everyone should go along with it? They are doing it because it fuels their wallets through tuition and alumni donations - not because it is what is best for the kids. There are also a load of public schools kids in maryland, Long Island and nationally that do not participate in the nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The NCAA is not considering changing rules re: holdbacks. Every sport has them. Stop making up nonsense.
[quote=Anonymous]The NCAA is not considering changing rules re: holdbacks. Every sport has them. Stop making up nonsense.[/quote

Obviously NCAA has nothing to do with hold backs, but the hold back nonsense is driven by early recruiting which has everything to do with recruiting. Every sport has hold backs but every sport does not have recruiting in the eighth / ninth grade. There is in fact a proposal before the NCAA to push back recruiting until the 10th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do your homework. He was referring to early recruiting. The NCAA is looking at limiting contact with a potential recruit until their JR year. Let me guess - your man child will be 17 in the 9th grade.

Window dressing....NCAA not likely willing to spend the $$ to police any changes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is the combo of ER and holdbacks that makes recruiting so stupid. Furthermore, many of the other sports dont have kids accepting offers in 8/9th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is the combo of ER and holdbacks that makes recruiting so stupid. Furthermore, many of the other sports dont have kids accepting offers in 8/9th grade.

Can you even imagine what a SEC football coach would say to someone like RM trying to pitch a "stud" 8th or 9th grader .
It would be Hilarious..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well if early recruiting was limited you would certainly see a drop in hold backs. The advantage is gone as most boys will be in or through their growth spurts in Jr. Yr. Plus, leaving a kid back that has a chance of being recruited in 9th gr is easier to swallow because of instant gratification and you know where your kid stands playing younger kids. But trying to convince a kid to repeat 8th grade in hopes that they will stand out in 3 yrs against their younger counterparts is much riskier and harder. While I don't see it happening in the next 1-2 yrs, eventually there will be a change to age based play or early recruiting. I especially see this happening when the gamble of an early recruit doesn't pay off like coaches hope.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bethesda parents..Wow..take it down a notch..Try not to be too much of an [lacrosse](s).. I know it's hard to come off your high horse...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who came up with the playoff process? Teams 1-3 get automatic bids and 4 & 5 have a play in game on Friday night. Seems like the 4th seed is having to work a little harder even if their record may/may not be better than the 5th seed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who came up with the playoff process? Teams 1-3 get automatic bids and 4 & 5 have a play in game on Friday night. Seems like the 4th seed is having to work a little harder even if their record may/may not be better than the 5th seed.

And one thing we should always makes sure our kids don't do is work hard.

Finish in the top 3 and it won't be a problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4th place team is 4-2 and the 5th place team is 1-5 and they get a shot at the playoffs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4th place team is 4-2 and the 5th place team is 1-5 and they get a shot at the playoffs?

And I'm sure HOCO knew that would be the case prior to the season starting. If you are the 4-2 team and playing the 1-5 team what's the concern? Look at is as a warm up game to playing the number 1 seed. God forbid you have to play an extra lacrosse game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they knew that was case then they might want to share it before the season starts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams in 2020 elite get in the playoffs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4 teams - 4th and 5th place team have a play-in game for the 4th slot. Silly format. Maybe the Crabs should just play amongst themselves for the holdback championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4 teams - 4th and 5th place team have a play-in game for the 4th slot. Silly format. Maybe the Crabs should just play amongst themselves for the holdback championship.

it's pretty obvious. 7 teams. all teams in every grade and level get at least 1 more game. 6 and 7 play and done. 4 and 5 play loser done. Semi finals and finals. it's not the MLL playoffs it's youth lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are 6&7 actually playing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are 6&7 actually playing?

I think there is a consolation game for those two.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think to solve all of the problems in youth lacrosse we should have a Team Lacrosse Youth death-match.

Here could be some of the bouts:

RyanM(Crabs) vs MattHogan(Hawks) North vs South
Mark Millon(91) vs JJ Pearl(Breakers)
Cabell Maddux(Madlax) vs SpecerFord(3D)
RonnyK(Koopers) vs No one will face this massive gentle giant

The Kelly's(FCA) will be on hand for prayer and to control and Ref the bouts.

Looney's coaches can fill the stands and scream and yell, and sometimes throw a metal chair into the ring.

It will be great and available on ESPN3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think to solve all of the problems in youth lacrosse we should have a Team Lacrosse Youth death-match.

Looney's coaches can fill the stands and scream and yell, and sometimes throw a metal chair into the ring.

LOL SMH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL SMH
Rough Riders and Green turtle can stay home and throw a hissy fit because they were not invited

Like Reply Quote
Page 32 of 70 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 69 70
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard