BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 43 of 70 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 69 70
Re: Boys 2023-5th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If your star isn't getting what they need from PAL quit. Play on a top travel team and call it a day.

Don't believe in club travel. I believe in promoting my town unlike you. You can keep ruining your town future lacrosse program. Maybe you should call it quits from lacrosse.

You can do both...start a "town travel" team and have little Johnny Gait tryout for the Bandits

Who are the Bandits?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your star isn't getting what they need from PAL quit. Play on a top travel team and call it a day.

Don't believe in club travel. I believe in promoting my town unlike you. You can keep ruining your town future lacrosse program. Maybe you should call it quits from lacrosse.

You can do both...start a "town travel" team and have little Johnny Gait tryout for the Bandits

Who are the Bandits?

you must be new to this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who are the Bandits?

Aren't the Bandits the group of kids who rob the score board from every team in 5th grade, and that's why they are called the Bandits?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who are the Bandits?

Aren't the Bandits the group of kids who rob the score board from every team in 5th grade, and that's why they are called the Bandits?

And many teams in the 6th grade too!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who are the Bandits?

The team that cheats by featuring a holdback playing down when it's convenient! while daddy complains about other teams use hold backs!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid plays PAL so we support the town anduring he thinks it is fun. He has been on the same team since 2nd grade. We have several teams in the 2023 group. They have all bwent the same since 2nd grade. They don't stack certain teams
There is no A & B team. The are all.about development. My kid also plays on a travel team
That is lore competitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see it completely opposite. The A players will be fine on any PAL team. The reason the smart towns go A/B is so the C/D players have a chance to develop. We've all seen what happens on balanced teams, the A players control the entire game. The C/D players never get involved and wind up not liking the sport. When they have a chance to play with other "under developed" players ( more game time touches), they excell and eventually when High School comes, you know have a solid team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see it completely opposite. The A players will be fine on any PAL team. The reason the smart towns go A/B is so the C/D players have a chance to develop. We've all seen what happens on balanced teams, the A players control the entire game. The C/D players never get involved and wind up not liking the sport. When they have a chance to play with other "under developed" players ( more game time touches), they excell and eventually when High School comes, you know have a solid team.

That depends on the coach. A good coach that is all about developing players will teach his "A" players to move the ball and PASS to the "B" and "C" players. It is about developing a TEAM and teaching team work and sportsmanship at the PAL level. If you only worry about the couple of "A" players at the PAL level you will lose some players that could develop into "A" players at the high school level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid plays PAL so we support the town anduring he thinks it is fun. He has been on the same team since 2nd grade. We have several teams in the 2023 group. They have all bwent the same since 2nd grade. They don't stack certain teams
There is no A & B team. The are all.about development. My kid also plays on a travel team

So your kids plays on a 2023 travel team and you don't know the Bandits?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid does not play on a travel team. I do not know who are care about the Bandits. They can play on swing sets for all I care. I just think the PAL should have an A and a B team. It's a joke in our town.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid does not play on a travel team. I do not know who are care about the Bandits. They can play on swing sets for all I care. I just think the PAL should have an A and a B team. It's a joke in our town.

And which team would you boy be on, let me guess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about the Bandits, most of those boys will fade away as others get better. 5th grade is a poor indicator of future success. Shame on the parents for pumping their kids up as the best at this age. Most of you will be scratching your heads in a few years wondering why Johnnys not starting. Seen it happen plenty (have older kids). Enjoy it now, while you can!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about the Bandits, most of those boys will fade away as others get better. 5th grade is a poor indicator of future success. Shame on the parents for pumping their kids up as the best at this age. Most of you will be scratching your heads in a few years wondering why Johnnys not starting. Seen it happen plenty (have older kids). Enjoy it now, while you can!

Most kids quit the team and most parents retire.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw the 2023 Warriors play a great game today against the 2023 Express. Final was 7 to 5. They really closed the gap between those 2 teams. Last year that game would not have been close. Warriors looked like they improved and are much better and the Express did not look so good. They are a good team but not what they use to be. Bandits will crush them this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How could the Warriors play great but the team that beat them play poorly. Makes no sense. BTW if you saw the game you would know the score was 7 - 4 & not 7 - 5.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw the 2023 Warriors play a great game today against the 2023 Express. Final was 7 to 5. They really closed the gap between those 2 teams. Last year that game would not have been close. Warriors looked like they improved and are much better and the Express did not look so good. They are a good team but not what they use to be. Bandits will crush them this year.
I guess they wish BM was still coaching. Ohh the good old years I miss.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes - closed the gap against the express B team - great job winning the tournament...not

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just. be happy the Warriors played a decent game against a "B" team. Until they beat - Igloo, Shore to Shore or the Badgers they will always be 2nd tier.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the Warriors played great against a 'B' team & lost what are they - a 'C' or maybe a 'D' team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Express doesn't have an "A" team anymore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the Warriors played great against a 'B' team & lost what are they - a 'C' or maybe a 'D' team?

No - just a B team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just. be happy the Warriors played a decent game against a "B" team. Until they beat - Igloo, Shore to Shore or the Badgers they will always be 2nd tier.

All the teams mentioned above are 2nd tier.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The express team that won is the HB team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The express team that won is the HB team.

Yes it was, surprising

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They lost to the Honeybadgers who are clearly an A team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They lost to the Honeybadgers who are clearly an A team

Warriors (B team) lost to the HoneyBadgers (A team) 7-4. Score was close the entire game with Warriors leading a good portion of the game. Either Warriors are much better or HB are not as good but Warriors clearly closed the gap on HB's. Can't question that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How could the Warriors play great but the team that beat them play poorly. Makes no sense. BTW if you saw the game you would know the score was 7 - 4 & not 7 - 5.

Easy; B team ( Warriors) played great against an A Team ( Honey Badgers) who played poorly. Makes perfect sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Until Igloo and Shore to Shore beat someone in the summer they are as insignificant. No one cared about igloo last year and that hasn't changed. S2S played one tournament... In the fall no less. Wait till the summer. And then that team will be broken up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So much negativity. Crazy. No matter who plays who, someone will always have a gripe. Can you imagine our parents doing this back in the 80's? Our world is circling down the drain.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope. They have 3 money grab teams in 5th grade. Maybe they'll have 4 teams next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope. They have 3 money grab teams in 5th grade. Maybe they'll have 4 teams next year.

But this will get them into Chaminade!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can't even put them down right. Badgers are the A team. No money grab there. Right there with everyone minus bandits obviously. B team will compete with the next tier. C team is a an atm machine for Mr express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can't even put them down right. Badgers are the A team. No money grab there. Right there with everyone minus bandits obviously. B team will compete with the next tier. C team is a an atm machine for Mr express.

Yes but you get one on one training from him for $90/hr. That's 50% off his normal rape fees.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express having 3 teams is a joke! The Warriors will always be second fiddle to the Bandits. Their coach is obsessed with trying to be the best and it will never happen. They like to say they are an "A" team but aren't. Maybe if they focused on developing the kids instead of scoring a free t-shirt they would be better off@

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone ever say anything good about a team. What are we teaching our kids if we constantly put down every other team or make excuses why they won or lost depending on who you like. It's very clear when you read some of this stuff that it obviously comes from a dad who's son got cut or doesn't get to play much. I have news for you,everyone who has a kid that plays sports will experience some dissatisfaction and disappointment on his team. Better to keep him practicing and find a good fit then bad mouth everyone. As far as this A team B team stuff goes. If you play in the A bracket consitantly you are an A team. Yes it is possible to have 2 A teams in one club even if one is better then the other. Who cares if Express has 3 teams. If the kids and parents like the coach that's there business. You can call the Warriors a B team all you want. When they make it to the finals in the A bracket they are an A team. Even if they lose to the Bandits or Honey Badgers. Putting yourself in the B bracket because you think you can't beat the team you will meet in the finals makes you a B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says the guy who's kid didn't make the HB...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone ever say anything good about a team. What are we teaching our kids if we constantly put down every other team or make excuses why they won or lost depending on who you like. It's very clear when you read some of this stuff that it obviously comes from a dad who's son got cut or doesn't get to play much. I have news for you,everyone who has a kid that plays sports will experience some dissatisfaction and disappointment on his team. Better to keep him practicing and find a good fit then bad mouth everyone. As far as this A team B team stuff goes. If you play in the A bracket consitantly you are an A team. Yes it is possible to have 2 A teams in one club even if one is better then the other. Who cares if Express has 3 teams. If the kids and parents like the coach that's there business. You can call the Warriors a B team all you want. When they make it to the finals in the A bracket they are an A team. Even if they lose to the Bandits or Honey Badgers. Putting yourself in the B bracket because you think you can't beat the team you will meet in the finals makes you a B team.

That's exactly correct.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express having 3 teams is a joke! The Warriors will always be second fiddle to the Bandits. Their coach is obsessed with trying to be the best and it will never happen. They like to say they are an "A" team but aren't. Maybe if they focused on developing the kids instead of scoring a free t-shirt they would be better off@

Never say Never look at Smash & United 2022. Warriors keep the faith.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"make" the HB. HAHAHA. As if any old kid that's really good can "make" that team or any other team that has been together since the SECOND grade!! At this point, kids aren't making many of these AAAAAA teams. It's all about who you or your kid knows. The Bandits, HB, IGLOO or even OUTLAWS Select have squads that are basically set in stone. If your guy is big, strong, fast and has superior stick skills, he'll have a 40% chance of getting on these teams. UNLESS, you know the coach/director. It is the way it is. The "late blooming" 11 year old has to play his way up. Even then, the coaches most likely have already have a relationship with the teams parents and knows all the kids. Ending this relationship will prove "sticky". Most people avoid conflict. It's probably not easy telling a parent that your kid is getting cut after having him play for you for 2-3 years.

Maybe if the kid can play goalie or is a great faceoff guy, then things would be different. But, these SUPER teams are pretty much set. That is why they are called clubs and not democratically conceived teams. Autocratically controlled dictatorships. VIVA LA LAX!!!

There will be new teams popping up going forward.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure the Bandits grabbed 3 new kids this year and one last spring. Igloo kids were trying out everywhere to get away from that program and HB just added a few as well. Not every kid is good enough to play for HB or Bandits, but the ones that are make the team.

"make" the HB. HAHAHA. As if any old kid that's really good can "make" that team or any other team that has been together since the SECOND grade!! At this point, kids aren't making many of these AAAAAA teams. It's all about who you or your kid knows. The Bandits, HB, IGLOO or even OUTLAWS Select have squads that are basically set in stone. If your guy is big, strong, fast and has superior stick skills, he'll have a 40% chance of getting on these teams. UNLESS, you know the coach/director. It is the way it is. The "late blooming" 11 year old has to play his way up. Even then, the coaches most likely have already have a relationship with the teams parents and knows all the kids. Ending this relationship will prove "sticky". Most people avoid conflict. It's probably not easy telling a parent that your kid is getting cut after having him play for you for 2-3 years.

Maybe if the kid can play goalie or is a great faceoff guy, then things would be different. But, these SUPER teams are pretty much set. That is why they are called clubs and not democratically conceived teams. Autocratically controlled dictatorships. VIVA LA LAX!!!

There will be new teams popping up going forward.

Page 43 of 70 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard