BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,300
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 81 of 128 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why is crabs 2021 not trying to qualify for World Series of Youth Lacrosse? Last year they are runners up and this you they don't even compete. I know 2021 isn't loaded up like 2020 but still a decent team.

Very simple and easy to understand.......

They have many kids too old to play with the age restrictions. Which is incredible as the age restriction is May 1!!!

Crabs cant cheat their way to top..Even tho they still should be able to field a great team with the current ridiculous age restrictions of May 1 or is it June 1?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about that tournament? It is a sham. Last year, it only had two decent teams (albeit the 2 best in the US). The rest of the field was terrible.

With the exception of the TV angle, it is basically like the [lacrosse]'s tournament - a faraway tournament with 2-3 really good teams and the rest are garbage. That's a lot to make parents pay just so that they can brag in the carpool line that their son was on TV.

If the tournament was held on the East Coast and you could get the best teams from the tri-state are and mid-atlantic, it would be a much different story.

Competition was not as strong as it could have been, but the experience was incredible. Sometimes life is not all about being among the best, but the overall experience. I think the competition will continue to get stronger. I think it is great that it is aged based. It allows kids to compete with their peers, and not with their older brother's peers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about that tournament? It is a sham. Last year, it only had two decent teams (albeit the 2 best in the US). The rest of the field was terrible.

With the exception of the TV angle, it is basically like the [lacrosse]'s tournament - a faraway tournament with 2-3 really good teams and the rest are garbage. That's a lot to make parents pay just so that they can brag in the carpool line that their son was on TV.

If the tournament was held on the East Coast and you could get the best teams from the tri-state are and mid-atlantic, it would be a much different story.

Competition was not as strong as it could have been, but the experience was incredible. Sometimes life is not all about being among the best, but the overall experience. I think the competition will continue to get stronger. I think it is great that it is aged based. It allows kids to compete with their peers, and not with their older brother's peers.

Why it is true it does actually have a age restriction for all. The date is May 1. This is a ridiculous date to pick. The restriction is to accommodate holdbacks/reclassify/prefirst or whatever you want to call them. The age should have been aligned with USL age which is Aug 31.. So you still have to play against some of your brothers friends just not all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Crabs 2020, why don't you post on your website that last Sunday, 4/3, at The Hill School that you just left and never played your scheduled third game.
Seems you can post the winning scores of your first two games but why not let everyone know how much of a scumbag operation you are by just leaving and causing everyone to scramble to rearrange the schedule.
What a classless operation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do the Crabs teams get so age heavy? If you look at the 5th and 6th grade teams the Crabs boys look appropriate for their age? Do they shed boys or push them down a grade in 7th and 8th grade? Is this something that the Baltimore private schools foster? Are they the ones really advocating for the boys to hold back? Seems like they would be just as at fault as the Crabs organization?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do the Crabs teams get so age heavy? If you look at the 5th and 6th grade teams the Crabs boys look appropriate for their age? Do they shed boys or push them down a grade in 7th and 8th grade? Is this something that the Baltimore private schools foster? Are they the ones really advocating for the boys to hold back? Seems like they would be just as at fault as the Crabs organization?

Yes, they re-class kids coming in from other schools to places like BL, Gilman and McDonogh. The schools are ok with it. If they are already in the school, they leave and repeat the grade at another school then return to the original school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So don't be fooled. There are kids on the 2022 team that are not what is considered age appropriate. There is at least one player, if not already, turns 14 this spring. There are others in the same boat for turning 13. But does it really matter? Probably not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So don't be fooled. There are kids on the 2022 team that are not what is considered age appropriate. There is at least one player, if not already, turns 14 this spring. There are others in the same boat for turning 13. But does it really matter? Probably not.

Fact: there are ZERO 2022 players that turn 14 this year and only a few that turn 13 before 9/1. Grow up dude and stop making up lies....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am grown, dude. I know the family and my son is friends with one of the older brothers. Don't blame yourself when you find out. No one would or should suspect it. But like I said, probably doesn't matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fact: there are ZERO 2022 players that turn 14 this year and only a few that turn 13 before 9/1. Grow up dude and stop making up lies....

So already(by your admission) on a 6th grade team Crabs have several prefirst/holdbacks. That will only get increased as each year goes by. At 7th grade this team will add more holdbacks/prefirst (6-8) and when they are in 8th grade the entire starting lineup and several subs will be prefirst/holdbacks (10-13). That is what many claim the Crabs have now on the current 8th grade team (2020).The current 2220 team has over 10 players playing down.Oops playing within grade base rules ..Dont want to upset the Crabs parents logic or morals. Of course it is fair to have a select group of youth children play down against the majority of children. Makes sense to Crabs logic and parents..just not common sense.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
https://www.nhl.com/news/study-sugg...layers-born-earlier-in-the-year/c-657724

Read this everyone that talks about the reclass or holdback issues. Needs to read about this study. Its about Hockey but this is what most people are thinking about when they argue about this issue we are all beating to death.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw most of the 2022 Hawks / Madlax match up and stayed to see a bit of the Crabs / 3D game. Just from my viewpoint along the fence close to the field, either 4-5 boys on Crabs are insanely big and athletically developed or they are holdbacks. 99% of the time if a 6th grader is really big then they are a bit awkward due to a recent growth spurt. The Crabs kids appeared to be big and already through the awkward stage. Non the less, very good team and impressive lacrosse IQ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am grown, dude. I know the family and my son is friends with one of the older brothers. Don't blame yourself when you find out. No one would or should suspect it. But like I said, probably doesn't matter.

No one on Crabs 2022 is born in 2002. I know that for a fact. So maybe you should get your facts straight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one on Crabs 2022 is born in 2002. I know that for a fact. So maybe you should get your facts straight.
. Be careful with your statements. Crabs rosters were accidentally released last November at the tournament at McDonogh school. There are quite a few people who have the rosters, which includes players dates of birth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

. Be careful with your statements. Crabs rosters were accidentally released last November at the tournament at McDonogh school. There are quite a few people who have the rosters, which includes players dates of birth.

Don't need to be careful with my statements. I know for a fact that there is no one born in 2002 on the team.

If the roster was released then everyone who saw it knows I'm right

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 crabs finish no better than fourth

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Behind who?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Behind who?

Hawks
Cannons
Diamondbacks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rosters that were accidently released were at a recruiting event. I can assure you the 2022 team roster was not one of the rosters released. You really should stop trying to trash a team you obviously know little to nothing about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If all these leagues and events required US Lacrosse registration there's be no effort to disguise anything. Kids would be registered with a USL ID number and birthdate would be on their registry.

How many years has it been since any Crabs sponsored tournament required USL registration? When people fight to keep things secretive and oblique there are always reasons for it. What privacy matters people have with birthdates is offset by a greater need for fairness. In soccer kids are registered with transparent birthdates. Little league doesn't list birthdates but to register for teams you have to be in a age limit bracket. Those are bigger sports than lacrosse. Lacrosse wants to hide in te shadows it seems.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rosters that were accidently released were at a recruiting event. I can assure you the 2022 team roster was not one of the rosters released. You really should stop trying to trash a team you obviously know little to nothing about.

No. it was not a recruiting event, it was last November at a tournament at McDonogh school. This was not a recruiting event.
All of the Crabs rosters were released, by accident. I'm not saying their 2022 team has holdbacks, just originally said to be careful of statements because of the release as some do have these rosters.
I know nothing about rosters being released at a recruiting event. But I do know people who have the released rosters, I never asked to see them because I don't care, but if I wanted to see them they would show them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. it was not a recruiting event, it was last November at a tournament at McDonogh school. This was not a recruiting event.
All of the Crabs rosters were released, by accident. I'm not saying their 2022 team has holdbacks, just originally said to be careful of statements because of the release as some do have these rosters.
I know nothing about rosters being released at a recruiting event. But I do know people who have the released rosters, I never asked to see them because I don't care, but if I wanted to see them they would show them.

Crabs 2022 has 8 kids with birthdays before Sept. 2003. One is a Jan. 2003 and another is an Aug. 2002.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no August 2022 birthday on crabs 2022. Oldest kid is 1/2003. Second oldest is April and rest are summer birthdays.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they are summer 03 then they are holdbacks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they are summer 03 then they are holdbacks

If they are born in the summer of 2003 and held off starting kindergarten, they are not holdbacks. If they are summer of 2003 born and repeated 6th grade and are well adjusted kids with good grades, they are holdbacks. Even the public school counselors recommend for immature boys born in the late summer to hold off starting kindergarten - no parents are not thinking about 6th grade lacrosse when starting kindergarten.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Born before September 1, 2003 they are holdbacks for 2022

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

agree. might be for perfectly valid reasons but they are are older than regulars. My son was born in July 2005 and is a 4th grader. He was born 3 month premature and we have always been guided to go by his "projected" birthday for certain milestones. He was 6 when he started Kindergarten....that said, even though he is a 2024 kid, he plays and starts on a top 2023 club. It would be ridiculous with his current skill level if he played 2024. If he wasn't good enough to make the 2023 team, then, yeah, I guess he would play 2024. I would expect him to be the best kid on the team too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a Crabs parent and can't say I totally agree with their philosophies but my son was born in Sep 2003 and my brother's son (his cousin) was born in July 2003. I don't consider my nephew a holdback when he's less than 2 months older than my son. Holdback according to what? A made up system where Sep birthdays prosper at the expense of August birthdays?

Making much more of the holdback issue than what it should be (in my opinion)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with the above post. late summer birthdays are not holdbacks in my opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with the above post. late summer birthdays are not holdbacks in my opinion.

They are not. A holdback is a reclass. It is a kid who repeats a grade -- usually eighth grade -- for non-academic reasons. It is for the purpose of gaining an athletic advantage. A child who holds off beginning kindegarten because he has a late summer birthday is not a holdback. Ask any kindegarten teacher: he or she will tell you that boys are better off waiting if they are a late summer birthday. You might thing: what difference does a couple of months make. Well, it makes a tremendous amount of difference. If you know anything about development or have ever taken an developmental education class, you would know this. Particularly in the modern classroom where kindergarten is what first grade used to be. Students are expected to be reading! This is why pre-first came about in private schools. Kids simply are not ready for the rigor of the curriculum when they are months younger than classmates. It gives parents the prerogative of waiting until the child is ready so that they do not fail from the beginning. If you do not have the option and are not a private school person, you can opt to wait to begin kindergarten in public school if you are a late summer birthday. Do some research about school readiness. Any kindergarten teacher will agree it is advisable. And don't even get me started about a co-ed situation. Boys are typically a full year behind girls in readiness and maturity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are not. A holdback is a reclass. It is a kid who repeats a grade -- usually eighth grade -- for non-academic reasons. It is for the purpose of gaining an athletic advantage. A child who holds off beginning kindegarten because he has a late summer birthday is not a holdback. Ask any kindegarten teacher: he or she will tell you that boys are better off waiting if they are a late summer birthday. You might thing: what difference does a couple of months make. Well, it makes a tremendous amount of difference. If you know anything about development or have ever taken an developmental education class, you would know this. Particularly in the modern classroom where kindergarten is what first grade used to be. Students are expected to be reading! This is why pre-first came about in private schools. Kids simply are not ready for the rigor of the curriculum when they are months younger than classmates. It gives parents the prerogative of waiting until the child is ready so that they do not fail from the beginning. If you do not have the option and are not a private school person, you can opt to wait to begin kindergarten in public school if you are a late summer birthday. Do some research about school readiness. Any kindergarten teacher will agree it is advisable. And don't even get me started about a co-ed situation. Boys are typically a full year behind girls in readiness and maturity.

AGREE

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a Crabs parent and can't say I totally agree with their philosophies but my son was born in Sep 2003 and my brother's son (his cousin) was born in July 2003. I don't consider my nephew a holdback when he's less than 2 months older than my son. Holdback according to what? A made up system where Sep birthdays prosper at the expense of August birthdays?

Making much more of the holdback issue than what it should be (in my opinion)

No one cares why and what reason a kid is held back. We are talking YOUTH sports..You must have some Birthday cut off. Youth sports wasn't made to let select kids ( prefirst/holdback, etc) get an advantage other children dont get...Just make Birthday earlier and let everyone play at that age that wants too...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AGREE

These discussion arent why or what reason the children are held back. This is about a select group of children getting an advantage in youth sports that the majority of children dont get. Pretty simple concept..

And a kid held back in Kindergarten is heldback..Doesn't mean it is wrong in the less bit but the kid was held back compared to his peers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AGREE

These discussion arent why or what reason the children are held back. This is about a select group of children getting an advantage in youth sports that the majority of children dont get. Pretty simple concept..

And a kid held back in Kindergarten is heldback..Doesn't mean it is wrong in the less bit but the kid was held back compared to his peers.

how much advantage does a boy have with a July / August birthday have over a September / October birthday?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AGREE

how much advantage does a boy have with a July / August birthday have over a September / October birthday?

Not much but compared do a Jan/Feb birthday, between the ages of 12-14 the difference can be noticeable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AGREE

Not much..But he has a huge advantage over other Children not held back who were born in July and / Aug of following year, and follow USL age rules. If you dont think there is an advantage of a 3rd over 4th or 5th or 4th grader than you have forgotten about elementary school.

If you want the special prefirst/holdback to play down..Then everyone should be able to play down. Youth sports wasnt made for special groups of players. Make the age 6 months to one year less than USL guidelines and let the parents decide.Anybody can play down regardless of grade. That would actually be fair.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AGREE

how much does a boy with May/June have over a July/August?
How much does a boy with a March/April have over a May/June?

Because someone made the school year in MD Sept 1- Aug 31, yes the Aug birthday is a holdback. (Used to be calander year way back when).

And while boys may be, on average, slower to learn, most kids are even by second grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AGREE

how much does a boy with May/June have over a July/August?
How much does a boy with a March/April have over a May/June?

Because someone made the school year in MD Sept 1- Aug 31, yes the Aug birthday is a holdback. (Used to be calander year way back when).

And while boys may be, on average, slower to learn, most kids are even by second grade.

This is a completely inaccurate statement. Things often do not even out until high school or early college. The social and educational developmental of boys is well documented and it certainly does not even out in second grade and many factors affect when it does even out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs 2020 has sixteen year olds on their team. 16 in the 8th grade. WTH?

Like Reply Quote
Page 81 of 128 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard