BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,781
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 41 of 76 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 75 76
Re: Boys 2022-6th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crazy KATZ and Minute mouse

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have two cats. They are domesticated though, not wildkatz.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love katz-up on my burgers...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is great! Watch the landscape change next year in terms of which teams are good!

US Lacrosse Adopts New Player Segmentation Policy

US Lacrosse today announced a new player segmentation policy to ensure player safety, competitive fairness and a consistent experience for youth lacrosse. The US Lacrosse Board of Directors approved the policy in January, and it takes effect Sept. 1, 2017 (earlier adoption is encouraged).
Policy highlights include grouping players by single-age years, using Sept. 1 as the determining date for a player's age and as the first day of a 12-month playing calendar, and standardizing nomenclature that lists the age first, i.e., 12U.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is great! Watch the landscape change next year in terms of which teams are good!

US Lacrosse today announced a new player segmentation policy to ensure player safety, competitive fairness and a consistent experience for youth lacrosse. The US Lacrosse Board of Directors approved the policy in January, and it takes effect Sept. 1, 2017 (earlier adoption is encouraged).
Policy highlights include grouping players by single-age years, using Sept. 1 as the determining date for a player's age and as the first day of a 12-month playing calendar, and standardizing nomenclature that lists the age first, i.e., 12U.

Are you serious? People don't follow the current US Lacrosse model. What makes you think they will follow this one? The World Series last year changed the cut-off date so that more teams could play with their studs for better TV. This will change nothing. It's a suggestion by US Lacrosse that will never be enforced.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you serious? People don't follow the current US Lacrosse model. What makes you think they will follow this one? The World Series last year changed the cut-off date so that more teams could play with their studs for better TV. This will change nothing. It's a suggestion by US Lacrosse that will never be enforced.

I disagree. Because now that it's a one year cycle it will align better. Further, if I was a tourney orginizer I would brand my event as a US Lacrosse sanctioned event. That means rosters turned in with US lax number for every player. So if you choose to play in non sanctioned events, go ahead. But don't complain here or anywhere or play in sanctioned events and this endless debate/argument can go away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The big club's will just hold their own tournaments and they will not be US lacrosse affiliated--otherwise they would have to dismantle their teams--trust me. Don't expect any of the big, top programs to show up to ANY US Lax affiliated tournaments--they'd be lucky to have half their team eligible. I do applaud the effort to try and even the playing field though...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The big club's will just hold their own tournaments and they will not be US lacrosse affiliated--otherwise they would have to dismantle their teams--trust me. Don't expect any of the big, top programs to show up to ANY US Lax affiliated tournaments--they'd be lucky to have half their team eligible. I do applaud the effort to try and even the playing field though...

For the most part, the big clubs don't attend US Lacrosse affiliated tournaments now. This new "rule" will not change anything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smash and United are AA

Express, Igloo, Outlaws and fl$ Are A to B plus.

Igloo B team, icon,TLI, TB and Blue Fish all B to C teams.

Smash/United
Express/Igloo
fl$
Igloo B/Legacy/TLI/Outlaws/ICON//TB/Blue Fish, etc

Some of the better town teams mix in the top five overall teams, occasionally.

There really is some great talent in the 2022 grade.

I agree with this except for the last two teams, never seen Bluefish but TB is nowhere near any of the those other teams. they lost to the Hitmen and just got by an average town team, they only beat outlaws silver by 2 goals. There are 4 teams on top and about 3 or 4 after that can be a legit High B team (TLI, Legacy, fl$ & Outlaws Select) But you are right, there is plenty of talent at this age group. Should be a good spring/ summer

This is absurd, Express beat Smash by 3 and rolled through the fall

They beat them by 3 goals the same day they lost to them by 8!!! Relax

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will teams need to get additional insurance if they aren't going to follow the US Lacrosse guidelines? How will they be covered if not through US Lacrosse?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For the most part, the big clubs don't attend US Lacrosse affiliated tournaments now. This new "rule" will not change anything.

I hope it will. I think you might see a few larger clubs adhere. And once they do they'll find other and just have play dates. Really is the same thing as a tourney minus the tshirt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So who will attend these tourneys? By that I mean, which teams will change their rosters to adhere to this? 91? Nope. Express? Nope. Outlaws? Nah. Legacy? No way. Igloo? Definitely not! Crabs, BLC, Diamondbacks or Madlax? Never. You'll have some smaller local teams play so they don't have to play the bigger teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not one kid on diamondbacks are hold backs .. This won't effect the Diamondbacks at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not one kid on Diamondbacks are hold backs. So this won't effect them at all..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not one kid on Diamondbacks are hold backs. So this won't effect them at all..

Doubtful

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about WildKatz

You guys are making jokes about the Wildkatzs but for one season a few years back they gave all the top teams at 2021 problems. In fact a bunch of the kids that were on that team are on some of the top travel teams now. Off the top of my head there are like 3 or 4 kids on 91 heat. One kid is on the A 2021 Express team. There is one kid on Smash and another on United. There's a kid on TLI u12's A team. There are others as well that play on some very good teams. Laugh all you want at the name but that was a great team that was thrown together for one travel season. To bad they couldn't stay together.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about WildKatz

You guys are making jokes about the Wildkatzs but for one season a few years back they gave all the top teams at 2021 problems. In fact a bunch of the kids that were on that team are on some of the top travel teams now. Off the top of my head there are like 3 or 4 kids on 91 heat. One kid is on the A 2021 Express team. There is one kid on Smash and another on United. There's a kid on TLI u12's A team. There are others as well that play on some very good teams. Laugh all you want at the name but that was a great team that was thrown together for one travel season. To bad they couldn't stay together.

I'll have the corned beef on Rye today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the "where are they now" update...bottom vildekatz are extinct... talk about living in the past...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So who will attend these tourneys? By that I mean, which teams will change their rosters to adhere to this? 91? Nope. Express? Nope. Outlaws? Nah. Legacy? No way. Igloo? Definitely not! Crabs, BLC, Diamondbacks or Madlax? Never. You'll have some smaller local teams play so they don't have to play the bigger teams.

I think some of you are making it worse than the problem is. My son plays on one of the teams mentioned and our team wouldn't have a problem going to ANY US Lacrosse sanctioned event

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NPYYL was age based the year before last. I don't think the majority of clubs will have any problem going back to age based teams. Crabs and FCA will be obviously be opposed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any scores from the Maryland games this weekend? Where are the Express parents today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a weak turn out for the Shamrock Shootout! Both days had no one there, where is all the competition hiding?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it's March. Teams are still practicing. Wait till May when it is supposed to start.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any scores from the Maryland games this weekend? Where are the Express parents today?

Cancelled

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear it's the coach and not US Lacrosse age rules that is affecting them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

THIS guy, it was cxld, you can now retire back to your hole! SMH

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a weak turn out for the Shamrock Shootout! Both days had no one there, where is all the competition hiding?

for the 4th year in a row the weather turned out horrible. smart coaches have learned their lesson.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who cares. lets see when the weather is fair where the town and travel teams are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

for the 4th year in a row the weather turned out horrible. smart coaches have learned their lesson.

It really wasn't that bad you pansy. We got lucky, but it was OK if you dressed properly and as usual many of the kids were wearing shorts and short sleeves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It really wasn't that bad you pansy. We got lucky, but it was OK if you dressed properly and as usual many of the kids were wearing shorts and short sleeves.

There was competition there. Team Smithtown was there and Sachem Red had a very good game. That Sachem Team should have beat them. The other Sachem team also played tough but you can clearly see Sachem Red is better than Sachem Black.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sachem Black has one real J@ck@$$ dad. Always a comment towards a ref. Games were over and he'd complain about a bad call. Seen him in action at other events b4.14

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sachem Black has one real J@ck@$$ dad. Always a comment towards a ref. Games were over and he'd complain about a bad call. Seen him in action at other events b4.14

I heard a coach from sachem was complaining about the score to the refs at the Shamrock Shootout. The guy takes it too seriously.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
w/t

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yea because Goals allowed got them into finals vs. Smithtown.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset shootout schedule is out - Smithtown, Port, NPT and GC in the south bracket and Sy, WI, RVC, Ridgefield in the North. Championship is North against South. Talk about home-field advantage, I guess the directors really wanted Sy to make the championship - I don't think they could win one game in the south division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have PAL schedule they can please post for Nassau PAL Boys 5th/6th?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard a coach from sachem was complaining about the score to the refs at the Shamrock Shootout. The guy takes it too seriously.

I heard one of the Sachem coaches got thrown out of the game. If thats true its very sad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the screaming GC whack jobs in Syosset?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The coaches or the parents?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The coaches or the parents?

They are on in the same, right? All the parents are coaches.

Page 41 of 76 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 75 76

Link Copied to Clipboard